The Thirteenth (Vampire Huntress Legend, #12)

The Thirteenth (Vampire Huntress Legend #12)

4.41 of 5 stars 4.41  ·  rating details  ·  941 ratings  ·  43 reviews
Thefinal story in the now cult favoriteVampire Huntress series.

The entire Neteru Guardian team is on the run, having now been labeled as America's most-wanted terrorists following the gruesome demon battle that felled the Washington Monument and crashed the front doors of the White House. The Anti-Christ is positioned for emergence, the powers of darkness have released the

Published (first published February 3rd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Thirteenth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Thirteenth

sigmagal
Genie
This is the finale of L.A. Banks' Vampire Huntress Legend series, and I only read it to finish off the series (which I read because I happen to love vampire novels). As with every other book in this series, it is drawn out and preachy. Unfortunately it is also anti-climactic, but epically so, because the anticipation for the final battle had been building from book 4, at least. You go through an entire book (the first 160 of 235 pages) trying to figure out how to kill a boss-level demon that win...more
Katrina (Kindred Dreamheart)
“Dayaaaaaaaaam” "Alls I gottas say" is all and all this was a good ending. Not great or spectacular...just "good". I just kept hoping to see Jesus make a guest appearance; but I guess that would be too much like blasphemy. The battle was epic (don't get me wrong), all the seals were broken, angels came to battle, the ancestor spirits rose to fight, EVERYONE was going for "BROKE". There was this intense buildup.....and then I was left hanging................................. THE END! In the words...more
Charliegirl
I was truly in love with Damali and Carlos. I devoured every single book as if it was the last Krispy Kreme donut in the world. Then not even half way, (not even close) i was so sick of Damali and Carlos i thought i was going to puke. I figured i'd get back to it that eventually i'd want to know if everybody had their babies o.k. Alas, that was not the case this time. I've hardly ever "not" finished a book (or a series)i've started and i kinda feel bad about it now. Oddly enough the only other s...more
Vernell
Just finish reading.... Like all of the vampire huntress series I enjoyed this book too. Banks the action pack drama and historical biblical history of the bible and it's regions. Like the union of the women and their strength of power coming together to fight evil. When we observe the world we live in there are some events that shows how our fellow man treat one another. Too much crime, not enough praying, tainted food with mercury, arsenic, and who known what else will come out in the news, th...more
Naeemah
Charron
I've finally finished it!!! OMG I cried. I cheered. I anticipated reading this book and the moment came to buy it. I got my copy but couldn't crack the seal. WHY....because this book is THE LAST ONE of the Vampire Huntress Series. I knew that if I opened the cover I'd read it in one sitting. I tried to pace myself. With every page turn, I longed for more. The series had so much history weaves all through it and I loved that. Learning about all the Kings & Queens of old was THE most fascinati...more
Cheryl

This was really good. I have pretty much liked the entire series. I will say the only thing that kept me from giving this book 5 stars was the lingo. It may be just me but I have a problem with with fierce and dynamic characters of this caliber using words like boo and and ma. That is fine I guess for teens but Neteru warriors? Really?. .................Really? Ok so slang is a serious pet peeve of mine, especially if it seems out of context or if there is just two much. But honestly that is ju...more
July
The Last One! I can't believe it is over. The Neteru's and there team are deep in hiding for the safety of the children that the women are going to have if the world makes it through this one. Plagues are eating up and ravaging the world as we know it. Hell is trying to smoke out the team from hiding. The are trying every trick imaginable.
Carlos is the only one who can go up against the demon that the unnamed one will send. But he has to have his true name. And the team must find the tunnel wher...more
Minnie
I am a fan from way back so I know Banks's style and most of her characters. I will miss them but most of all I'll miss Carlos Rivera--he is a gem. She absolutely built this man, showed all his strengths and faults. Don't know if she can recreate him in other stories but I will look for that personality.

The Thirteenth was too rushed, too much geography--took me away from the plot too often. That said, I am forever a L.A. Banks fan (and all the other names as well. Ha!). Reach for he sky, Lady!
Dallas
I can't believe what I'm hearing about L.A.Banks' health - really hoping everything works out for the best.

That being said I'm so very happy the way this series ended. I will admit for me it was more 'technical' on the religions and religious teachings towards the end than I was ready for (not heavy handed by any means, just too much too comprehend when bombs & creatures are flying overheard you know?) but sometimes you just have to go along for the ride and hope it all turns out ok in the e...more
pianogal
Anika
It was good but I read it more so that I could finish the series I had read all of them back to back and decided to wait to read the last one so when I did after reading a couple other different books in between it was more to complete it not because I was dying to see how it would end. But good it reads like the others before. I am glad that they did give a preview or update as to what happen after the kids were born.
Heather
Wow. It's over.
I LOOOOVED the final battle scene.
However, as this series got further along, it lost some of what I liked about it. Some of it's mystery and sensuality. And this final book had pretty much none of that. It was nonstop action. Which wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either.
This hasn't been my favorite series, but it had it's moments, and I think it ended well.
Carlotta
I've read all 13 books in this series. LA Banks does a great job of capturing your attention from the first page and holding you to the very last page and still have you wanting for more. This was my first time reading books of this nature, but I became an instant fan.
Julia
Tara32 Luby
This was SO GOOD! I can't beleive it's over though. Or is it???? Hopefully the 20 years that must pass in the book before Lucifer's new son rises & all the Guardian's kids have grown, will move quicker in our time & Banks will re-visit this amazing series.
Alexis
The story, her level of detail, the depth of her world and mythology - just amazing. I hope I still have this series somewhere because I am in the mood to reread it! It was that good. This capped the series off and ugh. I wanted more!
Deviki
I might not be fair at rating this book because i got this book at a book fair sale so I've got no idea what the whole story is about. But from the story/plot i read in this book I'm sure it is one hell of a book series :)
Erin
Any time I opened this to read it I was on the edge of my seat. There is so much happening and I had to make sure I kept up. LA Banks ended this series wonderfully, but I didn't want the story to end. I may have to re-read these.
Amy
Like it. I would have liked the ending more drug out, seemed kind of short for her. I think this book could have had more depth to it, like some of her earlier books. The final ending was just kind of abrupt.
Janice
I have never wanted to read a book and get to the end to see what happen next. L.A. Banks has brought back the love of good against evil and vampires. I love these books and hope she starts to write another one soon.
Love_lost_black_rose
*cries* I really cried when the book ended, it's taken me through he** nd back nd I loved it nd will miss it. I can't wait for the graphic novel. I mean I started reading the series in 06 so it's been along time...
Rayni
Ugh, the pain the agony of this being the FINALE book of The Vampire Huntress Legends. I didn't want it to end,but it was so well done I smiled when I closed the book after finishing it.
Kim Supranovich
Not a bad conclusion but I felt the final battles were abrupt, almost as if the author got bored and wanted to finish as quickly as possible.
Danni Jones
I can't believe it's finally over. Cries. I love this series. The end was perfect. Hopefully there will be a spin-off? Is that to much to ask?
Rosie Banks
What an amazing series! I'm kind of sad that I didn't read any of her work before her passing. I love the way she thought.
Samantha Nicholson
The Vampire Huntress series is a great series for an avid reader. It's a Series I read over and over and never tire of it.
ChaosDuchess
A wonderful, exciting conclusion to the series. I re-read all the previous books before starting this one. Loved it!
Brandie
This was one of the first series that I loved. Great writing, easy to get into and I loved that it was 13 books long.
  • A Demon and Her Scot (Welcome to Hell, #3)
  • The Path of Razors (Vampire Babylon, #5)
  • The Vampire's Revenge (Savannah Vampire, #5)
  • The Taming of Jessi Rose
  • Only Hers
  • The Ravening (Blood Moon, #3)
  • Bond of Fire (Texas Vampires, #2)
  • Blood Colony (African Immortals, #3)
  • Dark Harvest (Kismet Knight, Ph.D., Vampire Psychologist, #3)
A pseudonym used by Leslie Esdaile Banks, she also wrote under the names:
Leslie E. Banks
Leslie Esdaile
Leslie Esdaile Banks
Leslie Banks
Alexis Grant

L.A. Banks, a native Philadelphian, was a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania Wharton undergraduate program. With many awards to her credit, Banks also held a masters of fine arts degree in film and media arts from Temple University. She lived in...more
More about L.A. Banks...
Minion (Vampire Huntress Legend, #1) The Awakening (Vampire Huntress Legend, #2) The Hunted (Vampire Huntress Legend, #3) The Bitten (Vampire Huntress Legend, #4) Bad Blood (Crimson Moon, #1)