Start by marking “The Seer” as Want to Read:
The Seer

The Seer

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  270 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Join James Goll on an exciting and insightful journey into the visionary world of "The Seer!" on audio CD. The prophetic movements in church history and in contemporary life are fed by two mighty streams: the prophet, whose revelation is primarily verbal, and the seer, whose revelation is more visionary in nature. You will discover the prophetic power of dreams, visions, a...more
Published January 1st 2005 by Destiny Image

To ask other readers questions about The Seer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Seer

God by Robert WoegerThe Barista by Elijah G. ClarkMere Christianity by C.S. LewisThe Seer by James W. GollWho Needs Theology? by Stanley J. Grenz
New Christian Believers
4th out of 21 books — 17 voters
Spirited Away, Volume 1 by Hayao MiyazakiThe Aleph and Other Stories by Jorge Luis BorgesThe Wood Wife by Terri WindlingGödel, Escher, Bach by Douglas R. HofstadterThe Great Emergence by Phyllis A. Tickle
Naturalism
21st out of 32 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Tenya Ingalls
This book really did help me to understand my gifting in a more accurate way.

I was enthralled by the first chapters, but stalled out a little over half-way through the book. I flew through the first half as I ate up the well-presented information, stuff I could really, concretely identify with. Then it all got a bit too technical and esoteric for me. It took me months to wade through the rest of the book.

I will admit that I'm not much of a non-fiction reader even when it comes to spirtuality and...more
Cheryl
This book is about the prophetic power of visions, dreams, and open heavens (the subtitle).

The Seer is the most thorough and uncompromising look into this subject that I have ever seen. No need to be afraid of this topic either, as the author includes plenty of safeguards, tests and cautions.

The author starts out by defining terms (including the difference between seer and prophet), includes information on spiritual discernment, and goes into great detail on all sorts of prophetic experiences in...more
Sandy Soto
Sandra-Lin Soto
Mrs. Dunlap
Genre Studies/ Period 3
October 29th, 2013

Book Review

PARAGRAPH 1:
This book has no problems but it does teach you right from wrong. There are a few chapters which really are crazy to read and i had to read those chapters twice to get the full meaning of what it really meant. It will stretch you to a place were you wont know what to do with yourself . It would be an awesome book that I would recommend others to read. As a christian I would take time to soak and pray befor...more
Michael
every time I picked up this book I read some serious insights while at the same time laughing out loud at what the Holy Spirit was doing in me as I related to the ideas. cant with integrity give it five stars because im not really sure how to account for all of the content, because I was overwhelmed again and again with how my spirit related to the process of what was being revealed. thoroughly enjoyable book, a rare one in that I will read it at least a second time.
Kecia Bland-realtor
Great read! I was able to read about and discover the things that are naturally a part of my existence. Made perfect sense and connected the dots.
Lavonne Norrils
Great read! Introduced me to several areas of my talents.
Brian
This book wasn't as easy to read as I would have liked, it moved very slow. However, it did have a lot of good content. He explains what seeing is, discernment, different types of seeing, and the purpose of it. This definitely helped me in my journey and I learned quite a few things. I wish he would spent a little more time giving examples, but there were some good ones in there. Would I recommend this book? Sure, but I think there may be better ones out there.
Melissa
There is some parts in this book that were 3 stars, but the amount of practical, applicable, and most importantly biblical information towards the gifts of prophecy and discerning of spirits make this book worth reading for those who tend to see into the spirit realm. I really appreciated that he spent time on the gift of discernment instead of just focusing on the prophetic.
Joyce Stewart
I loved the overview of this book. It gives you a basic format of how the prophetic, seer and dreamer gifts operate.

I would have love to see this author create an encyclopedia versus this small edible version.

Perhaps, I will keep on the lookout for more indepth knowledge from him.
Mary West
Really incredible...helps if you have dreams and visions and need some Biblical clarity on what you're seeing. Jim really combs through Scripture pulling out all the references to any color or type of dream or vision. It's a good read for anyone.
Sherline
This Book explains differest streams of the prophetic with many historical and biblical examples that shed light on it's purpose for the present day prophet and phrophetess. Highly recommended for those trying to understand their gifting.
Kristy Lantang
I believe i have a gift too, to see spiritual things, and I'm thankful for that. I pray that someday God may give me the wisdom to interpret the visions that i've been seeing every night, so i can pray for specific people.
Brandi McPeak
This book was chock full of incredible information for the seer / prophet. I have looked high and low and was divinely brought to this book. The author provides plenty of biblical backup for your researching pleasure! Enjoy!
TG Barnes
This book gave great insight into the spiritual realm of discernment and shed light on the history of the understanding of such gifts. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to learn the basics.
Annamarie Mckoy
Awesome for those who are walking in the Prophetic with mostly visionary. A discovering the powers of dreams, visions and life under the open heavens.
Leslie Yong
this is an interesting and insightful book- worth reading and basic understanding for those who would like to pursue the prophetic ministry...
Zandra
I absolutely loved Jim Golls teaching about the call of a seer and how to operate in purity with this gifting of the Holy Spirit.
Kimmilw
This book really helped me to find my main calling in the Kingdom. It was an answer to a very big prayer last year!
Sara
I read this book a few years ago and it really helped to clarify my spiritual gifting and calling. Highly recommend!!!
Tabitha
I've read it before --- reading the NEW, EXPANDED edition :) I have read several of Jim Goll's books.
Nikki Waltrowski
Great book on explaining prophecy, visions, and dreams. I learned a lot. It was very interesting.
Amanda
Helped with understanding my dreams and visions a lot. In a Biblical knowledge! Which I loved.
Connie Batesole
A must for prophetic folks, which is everyone:) A great reference book also.
Paulina
Apr 29, 2009 Paulina is currently reading it
Leyendolo en búlgara
Grace Wong
Takes time to digest
Kimwa
This book was the most valuable and spiritually helpful book (other than the Bible, of course) that I read this past year. It really helped me to discover my role in my relationship with the Holy Spirit and God's purpose for me. Thanks Ben!! I took a little break from finishing it, so I'm picking back up where I left off.
Thomas Noreen
Thomas Noreen marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
  • Face to Face with God: Transform Your Life with His Daily Presence
  • The Three Battlegrounds: An In-Depth View of the Three Arenas of Spiritual Warfare: The Mind, the Church and the Heavenly Places
  • Spirit Wars: Winning the Invisible Battle Against Sin and the Enemy
  • Blessing or Curse: You Can Choose: Freedom from Pressures You Thought You Had to Live With
  • Breaking Intimidation: Say "No" Without Feeling Guilty.  Be Secure Without the Approval of Man
  • Release of the Spirit: The Breaking of the Outward Man for
  • Rediscovering the Kingdom: Ancient Hope for Our 21st Century World
  • Experiencing the Depths of Jesus Christ
  • With Christ in the School of Prayer
  • Always Enough: God's Miraculous Provision Among the Poorest Children on Earth
Dream Language: The Prophetic Power of Dreams, Revelations, and the Spirit of Wisdom The Lost Art of Practicing His Presence Angelic Encounters: Engaging Help from Heaven God Encounters: The Prophetic Power of the Supernatural to Change Your Life The Prophetic Intercessor: Releasing God's Purposes to Change Lives and Influence Nations

“without prophecy, without divine revelation or vision, people will cast off all restraint. They will run wild because they have no guidance—no vision. The Word of God—His law—provides vision and guidance for living, and those who follow it are blessed. All people need a vision to sustain them in life.” 0 likes
“Where there is no vision, the people perish” (Prov. 29:18a KJV). Unrestrained behavior leads eventually to destruction. People who have no vision also have no goal or purpose—nothing to shoot for. They have nowhere to go in life and, therefore, go nowhere.” 0 likes