The Seer

The Seer

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  210 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Join James Goll on an exciting and insightful journey into the visionary world of "The Seer!" on audio CD. The prophetic movements in church history and in contemporary life are fed by two mighty streams: the prophet, whose revelation is primarily verbal, and the seer, whose revelation is more visionary in nature. You will discover the prophetic power of dreams, visions, a...more
Published January 1st 2005 by Destiny Image

The Barista by Elijah G. ClarkThe Seer by James W. GollMere Christianity by C.S. LewisTrue Spirituality by Francis August SchaefferHoly Bible by Anonymous
New Christian Believers
2nd out of 20 books — 8 voters
Spirited Away, Volume 1 by Hayao MiyazakiThe Aleph and Other Stories by Jorge Luis BorgesThe Wood Wife by Terri WindlingGödel, Escher, Bach by Douglas R. HofstadterThe Great Emergence by Phyllis A. Tickle
Naturalism
21st out of 32 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Tenya Ingalls
This book really did help me to understand my gifting in a more accurate way.

I was enthralled by the first chapters, but stalled out a little over half-way through the book. I flew through the first half as I ate up the well-presented information, stuff I could really, concretely identify with. Then it all got a bit too technical and esoteric for me. It took me months to wade through the rest of the book.

I will admit that I'm not much of a non-fiction reader even when it comes to spirtuality and...more
Cheryl
This book is about the prophetic power of visions, dreams, and open heavens (the subtitle).

The Seer is the most thorough and uncompromising look into this subject that I have ever seen. No need to be afraid of this topic either, as the author includes plenty of safeguards, tests and cautions.

The author starts out by defining terms (including the difference between seer and prophet), includes information on spiritual discernment, and goes into great detail on all sorts of prophetic experiences in...more
Sandy Soto
Sandra-Lin Soto
Mrs. Dunlap
Genre Studies/ Period 3
October 29th, 2013

Book Review

PARAGRAPH 1:
This book has no problems but it does teach you right from wrong. There are a few chapters which really are crazy to read and i had to read those chapters twice to get the full meaning of what it really meant. It will stretch you to a place were you wont know what to do with yourself . It would be an awesome book that I would recommend others to read. As a christian I would take time to soak and pray befor...more
Brian
This book wasn't as easy to read as I would have liked, it moved very slow. However, it did have a lot of good content. He explains what seeing is, discernment, different types of seeing, and the purpose of it. This definitely helped me in my journey and I learned quite a few things. I wish he would spent a little more time giving examples, but there were some good ones in there. Would I recommend this book? Sure, but I think there may be better ones out there.
Melissa
There is some parts in this book that were 3 stars, but the amount of practical, applicable, and most importantly biblical information towards the gifts of prophecy and discerning of spirits make this book worth reading for those who tend to see into the spirit realm. I really appreciated that he spent time on the gift of discernment instead of just focusing on the prophetic.
Joyce Stewart
I loved the overview of this book. It gives you a basic format of how the prophetic, seer and dreamer gifts operate.

I would have love to see this author create an encyclopedia versus this small edible version.

Perhaps, I will keep on the lookout for more indepth knowledge from him.
Mary West
Really incredible...helps if you have dreams and visions and need some Biblical clarity on what you're seeing. Jim really combs through Scripture pulling out all the references to any color or type of dream or vision. It's a good read for anyone.
Sherline
This Book explains differest streams of the prophetic with many historical and biblical examples that shed light on it's purpose for the present day prophet and phrophetess. Highly recommended for those trying to understand their gifting.
Brandi McPeak
This book was chock full of incredible information for the seer / prophet. I have looked high and low and was divinely brought to this book. The author provides plenty of biblical backup for your researching pleasure! Enjoy!
TG Barnes
This book gave great insight into the spiritual realm of discernment and shed light on the history of the understanding of such gifts. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to learn the basics.
Annamarie Mckoy
Awesome for those who are walking in the Prophetic with mostly visionary. A discovering the powers of dreams, visions and life under the open heavens.
Leslie Yong
this is an interesting and insightful book- worth reading and basic understanding for those who would like to pursue the prophetic ministry...
Zandra
I absolutely loved Jim Golls teaching about the call of a seer and how to operate in purity with this gifting of the Holy Spirit.
Kimmilw
This book really helped me to find my main calling in the Kingdom. It was an answer to a very big prayer last year!
Sara
I read this book a few years ago and it really helped to clarify my spiritual gifting and calling. Highly recommend!!!
Tabitha
I've read it before --- reading the NEW, EXPANDED edition :) I have read several of Jim Goll's books.
Nikki Waltrowski
Great book on explaining prophecy, visions, and dreams. I learned a lot. It was very interesting.
Amanda
Helped with understanding my dreams and visions a lot. In a Biblical knowledge! Which I loved.
Connie Batesole
A must for prophetic folks, which is everyone:) A great reference book also.
Paulina
Apr 29, 2009 Paulina is currently reading it
Leyendolo en búlgara
Grace Wong
Takes time to digest
Kimwa
This book was the most valuable and spiritually helpful book (other than the Bible, of course) that I read this past year. It really helped me to discover my role in my relationship with the Holy Spirit and God's purpose for me. Thanks Ben!! I took a little break from finishing it, so I'm picking back up where I left off.
Marilyn Y.
Marilyn Y. marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
Girma Alemayehu
Girma Alemayehu marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Karah Royse
Karah Royse marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Dream Language: The Prophetic Power of Dreams, Revelations, and the Spirit of Wisdom The Lost Art of Practicing His Presence Angelic Encounters: Engaging Help from Heaven God Encounters: The Prophetic Power of the Supernatural to Change Your Life Prophetic Intercessor, The: Releasing God's Purposes to Change Lives and Influence Nations