Addition by Adoption: Kids, Causes & 140 Characters

Addition by Adoption: Kids, Causes & 140 Characters

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Love, laughter and lunacy in 140 characters. A work-at-home dad turns to Twitter to share updates about kids, causes and life. It's a curated selection of bizarre quotes, funny stories and temper tantrums. Woven between potty-training woes and breakfast time songs is a family growing through adoption and learning how to change the world, one status update at a time. You'll...more
Published April 12th 2010 by Createspace

Adam Shields
Full review at http://bookwi.se/addition-by-adoption...

Short review. This was an interesting book. It is short (around 80 pages) and is made up of a curated twitter stream of about a year when the author was attempting to adopt his son from Ethiopia. I am not sure I like the format of a twitter based book, but this was an interesting experiment. I enjoyed learning about his family. The book is in part an attempt at fundraising for water development to give back to Ethiopia, so I think the author...more
Kevin
Jan 25, 2013 Kevin rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
This book is the story of my son's adoption, told primarily through Twitter updates. Published in 2010, it feels entirely old school now.

But perhaps the best part of this book is that we used it to raise funds for a clean water well in Ethiopia. In the fall of 2012 that well was completed. Learn more about the well and see the pictures.

You can learn more about the book here.
Shelley
This was written by a friend of mine from 4th grade. It was rather humorous, reading all of his "twittering" about all of the silly things his children say and do. A must read for anyone who enjoys, wants, or has children.
Julia
This is a book mostly made up of Twitter updates from a work-from-home dad as he and his family go through the process of adopting their son from Ethiopia. A funny, sweet, quick read.
Smash
What an adorable insight into one man's journey to adopt. Review coming soon!
Lb
Lb marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2012
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2010
3519126
Kevin D. Hendricks lives in St. Paul, Minn., with his wife, two kids and two dogs. He does freelance writing and editing through his company Monkey Outta Nowhere.

He's been blogging since 1998 and has published a number of books, including NaNoWriMo novels, personal and professional projects and a children's book with his daughter.
More about Kevin D. Hendricks...
137 Books in One Year: How to Fall in Love With Reading Open Our Eyes: Seeing the Invisible People of Homelessness Least of These Outspoken: Conversations on Church Communication Temptation Bangs Forever: The Worst Church Signs You've Ever Seen