Start by marking “Hell Bent: Love Kills... Professionally” as Want to Read:
Hell Bent: Love Kills... Professionally

Hell Bent: Love Kills... Professionally

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  918 Ratings  ·  56 Reviews
Jack Thane is a man with a very big secret. For years, he has relied upon the skills and resources that came with this secret in order to protect the people he cares about, especially the young Annabelle Drake… the only woman he has ever loved.

However, now Jack’s past is catching up with him – and it’s after Annabelle. Suddenly, Jack has gone from the predator to the prey
Published (first published December 20th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Hell Bent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hell Bent

Bared to You by Sylvia DayReflected in You by Sylvia DayGabriel's Inferno by Sylvain ReynardThe Siren by Tiffany ReiszGabriel's Rapture by Sylvain Reynard
Smut for the Smart
469th out of 1,278 books — 1,875 voters
The Last Hellion by Loretta ChaseMust Love Hellhounds by Charlaine HarrisHellion by Bertrice SmallHot As Hell by HelenKay DimonSnowball in Hell by Josh Lanyon
Romance Novels with Hell in the Title
15th out of 39 books — 4 voters

More lists with this book...

TJ
This one is a really hard one to rate. I will say it now holds the record for the book that kept me up the latest ( three thirty in the morning for heaven's sake! I just couldn't put it down.) The suspense and mystery parts of the story were SO GOOD but the romance and overall moral of the story was SO frustrating!

There were really only two problems (ok, the writing wasn't top notch in places but that can be over looked), the first is concerning the romance between Jack and Bella. Jack is a hire
Kerr
I couldnt finish this.
It started to drag a little, but i was determined to finish it.
Then Jacks english family turned up.

Being both from England AND Essex I can assure you we do NOT speak like Londoners from a bygone era. And what's with the "luv"?
I dont believe anyone I know has ever said "cor" or "chin wag" in serious conversation, and what's with "shufti?" Not a word I ever knew even existed!!
If you're going to include British characters, go to england first!! (or at least watch a little b
Tracy
If you're unfamiliar with Heather Killough-Walden, you may be missing some of the best reading available on Kindle. I stumbled across her paranormal romance The Third Kiss: Dorian's Dream and was so blown away by her style and imagination, that I quickly downloaded all her other available titles. And believe me when I say, it didn't break the bank, because The Third Kiss: Dorian's Dream was all of $1 and Hell Bent a whopping $1.99.

Seriously great reading combined with a stunningly low price...ca
Kristin
Jun 16, 2012 Kristin rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
This book had great potential. I was hooked the whole first half. But while it could have had this GREAT love story, it fell terribly flat. You have 2 people who have been secretly in love for 10 years, there is all this romantic and sexual tension.

The first time they give in to their desire goes like this......he put his mouth to hers......they woke up the next day.

Now, there is a pretty thick line between writting smug and avoiding sex like the plague. I wasn't looking for smug (honestly) Bu
Lupdilup Duffy
Apr 24, 2010 Lupdilup Duffy rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
I got this books at amazon for my kindle, it was only $1.99, this is the third book I read from this author, and I have to say, she's quickly becoming one of my favorite writers.
Christine Blackthorn
Jun 28, 2014 Christine Blackthorn rated it really liked it
I loved the writing and the way the author drew me in but there were some issues regarding the story that bothered me. I normally prefer my heroines a little stronger - yes we are told how courageous and strong Annabelle is but in her actions there is little evidence of it. Within the whole group she is the weakest - (view spoiler) ...more
Michelle Mankin
Aug 30, 2012 Michelle Mankin rated it it was amazing
EXCELLENT READ. If an author can make you fall for an assassin that's good writing. and fall for Jack you will I guarantee it.
Jacqueline
Aug 12, 2011 Jacqueline rated it it was amazing
Wow; this book is brilliant, fast paced, has action and great suspense with just the right dose of mystery, every time I 'thought' I sussed out who the bad boys were I was proven wrong, this book sucked me in like a hoover sucks in dust.... the twists and turns in the plot kept me on the edge of my seat.... what I would add is that the accent you gave Clara was a bit difficult to understand and get my tongue around at times and I'm English :-)

One last comment; I loved Adam - now there's a book t
Jenna
Apr 25, 2010 Jenna rated it it was amazing
This story is about Jack, a hired gun, and his best friend (but love of his life unbeknownst to her) Annabelle. Bella is thrown into Jack's world in a shocking way when her boss is murdered in the office. The subsequent action was non-stop from there.

I like Bella's character even when she was being a teensy bit unreasonable. Her anger at Jack for his lies by omission were understandable, but he is a trained assassin so I could see that he wouldn't tell her everything in order to keep her safe. J
Stacy Eaton
Jun 20, 2011 Stacy Eaton rated it really liked it
This is a long detail packed novel and has a way of keeping you turning each page. I enjoyed this story and found myself wondering how the first section of the book was going to finally tie in towards the end.

The author did a great job of giving you details and keeping the plot moving with action packed moments. There was a whole lot going on in this novel and some very intricate characters that she did a great job keeping straight.

The only thing that kept this book from being a 5 star in my op
Cristina
This is the 7th book I've read in a row by this author. I was waiting for a character to admit to some sort of supernatural power, but it never happened. This one is about normal people, as normal as a profesional killer can be of course.

More action than romance is what deemed this story 'non-5 star' material for me. The love story was weak. It was over 1,000 pages and full of a lot of details in respect to the central theme, but not enough development of the relationship of the two main charac
glitrbug
Mar 23, 2010 glitrbug rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Men or women
Shelves: kindle
I bought this book because I read "The Third Kiss:Dorian's Dream" by Heather and so enjoyed it. This book is different but the same. The first had Vampires, this one has assassins. They both have older guys who waited a long time to find the woman of their dreams, but the relationship faces some real challenges. Both heroes have complicated brothers.
"Hell Bent" is very fast paced, you may need coffee to keep up. There are shootings and violence but it's not grisly. Lots of sexual tension but
Suzy
Jun 28, 2011 Suzy rated it liked it
SO I really enjoyed this book. The suspence and mystery parts were really good, the scenes were also very vivid and exciting. the plot is ... WELL.. complicated but long story short a woman (Bella) and her BFF Jack (who is in love with her, but she hasnt got a clue) is a hit man. yada,yada,yada someone is murderd and now Bella and a few close friends are now on the run from other hit men, yada, yada, yada, Bella figures out she too loves Jack ,yada, yada, yada.

Please dont take my "yada, yada, ya
Sherri Wyman
Mar 29, 2015 Sherri Wyman rated it it was amazing
A gripping tail of romance and revenge. This book will keep you on the edge of your seat, afraid to look away for fear that you might miss something. The characters are well developed and pull you into their struggles, victories and losses. This is a definite must read!
Nae
Jul 24, 2012 Nae rated it liked it
I thought this book had a very good plot, I loved the thiller and mystery aspects that were throughout the story, it kept me guessing. However, I was expecting more out of the two main characters Jack and Annabelle. I very much enjoyed Jack and Bella's interaction, as well as the mysterious vibe that I recieved from them both. Nevertheless, I wasn't completely satisfied with the culmination of their relationship, I wanted to be witness to the converstion where all their issues were raised and so ...more
Diane
Jul 16, 2011 Diane rated it really liked it
i read this book as a result of a recommendation on amazon, and was really taken with it. a very unlikely premise, with the hero being a hit man in love with the heroine secretly for 10 years! it is not really a romance, though, but a tense thriller and bad guys dying left, right and center. the heroine gets to a point that she doesn't know who to trust, but resolves this, and starts a new life in a very unexpected way. a real bonus was that this book was only a dollar--lots of bang for my buck! ...more
Aug 30, 2011 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Although morally I'm against killing people but it still makes for an interesting book. And the book mentioned that some mormon parents disowned their kids because of having a baby out of wedlock. Not all mormons are like that, those are the kinds of mormon's who give the religion a bad name. That church doesn't want parents to hate their kids for something like that, they are supposed to love them unconditionally. But I'm hoping that a sequel will come out surrounding the dark bad boy who must ...more
Joey
Jul 11, 2014 Joey rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I hope there is a sequel.
Dawnie
Jan 15, 2013 Dawnie rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite book. Is it the best book I've ever read? No. But that doesn't matter. It is my favorite. I love it. My absolute favorite part of this book is Adam Night. He's not one of the main characters, but he steals the show.

It's a romance where the main character is an assassin. If that doesn't walk the line of what a "good guy" is allowed to do in books, I don't know what does. Sounds like it can't be done, but our Heather does it and does it well.

Run, don't walk. This book ruled.
May 26, 2011 Laura rated it it was ok
Lately I have been loving this author because her books are fun, romantic, exciting and come at a very good price. Though this book had all of those things at times, at other times it was slow moving, confusing and incredibly frustrating. I really enjoyed the relationship between Jack and Annabelle but by the end of the book I found myself not even caring if they got together. I had to force myself to finish this book because it didnt really matter to me how things turned out.
Donna Hatridge
May 25, 2011 Donna Hatridge rated it really liked it
I liked this book. It took a few pages into this story for me to get hooked then the pace picks up and takes you on a run. This is a good suspense thriller book. If you haven't read Heather Killough-Walden before you are missing out on some great reads.
I am hoping for another book featuring Annebelle, Jack & Adam, I would like to delve more into the lives of her characters and the aftermath of Annebelle's, Jack's and Adam's actions.
Kimberly
Jan 07, 2012 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
After I became a fan I decided to read Hell Bent&let me tell ya! I was not let down.HKW storytelling just pulls you in. You feel like your escaping assassains&in on some of the more intimate moments with our hero&heroine! & I just love how her "bad guys" are so bad their good!..to sum it up..love the plot,love the characters..adore this author! Once you pick this book up you'll be HELL BENT on finishing it!(pun intended)..
★Kimberly★
Nov 09, 2012 ★Kimberly★ rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-lendable
Hell Bent is a great thriller. Heather Killough-Walden had me guessing up until the very end. This book was nonstop action and suspense. I loved the characters and the interaction between them. This is the kind of book that makes you think you know what is going to happen next only to find out that you were completely wrong. I lost several hours of sleep while reading this book, but it was totally worth it.
Alissa Chandler
Jul 23, 2012 Alissa Chandler rated it really liked it
I am so a fan of Heather Killough Walden... I have been a fan since the
first books I read "The Big Bad Wolf" Series.
Hell Bent was a little slow in the beginning while putting the story together... however, once the plot story is set is it a wonderful read. Another of my favorites.
I read the book pretty quickly as I could not put it down, but then I forgot to to write the review.
Leigh
Jun 06, 2011 Leigh rated it liked it
A pretty interesting story and relatively enjoyable read, but the author gets very wordy in explicable places and does NOT tie up loose ends nicely. If you want an action/romance where you can fill in the blanks as you like, you might enjoy this book. If you expect the author to neatly package everything up by the end of the book, you will be sadly disappointed.
Julissa Tavarez
Dec 21, 2012 Julissa Tavarez rated it it was amazing
OMG!! What a while ride!! This story It's full of adventures, mystery, romance, action!! So powerful!! Love the way how keep the suspense alive, you will never guess what will come next. I couldn't put it down, it was extremely enjoyable!! I love Heather Killough-Walden books and can't wait to see with what she will come out next .
Stephanie Hill Alexander
jack is a most interesting character with a few suprises to his character that don't reveal themselves until near end of book. book is an easy read with likabe characters that you can put down and pick up weeks later and stll ggt into the rhythm of the book. a long book but not noticable once you start reading.
LeeAnne
Jun 18, 2011 LeeAnne rated it really liked it
really enjoyed but the story did drag on in places. I found that I was invested in the characters and wanted to see how their stories played out. So I was able to make it thought the long parts. Hope there is another book in the series, there were some characters that would make a great book.
Jack
Apr 22, 2012 Jack rated it liked it
Totally far-fetched action adventure featuring a web designer and her close friend, a paid assassin. It begins in the USA and then moves to Essex - allegedly - not the Essex I know and love, but one where people say "Cor blimey" and drink ale from mugs, paid for with pound notes!
Maria
May 29, 2013 Maria rated it really liked it
Enjoyed reading this book. Once I started reading found it hard to put it down. All the secrets you know are there and you keep reading hoping to discover one soon. Some sad moments and some lol moments. I don't understand why Annabelle's secret had to be a secret in the first place.
  • It's Raining Men (In the Heat of the Night, #3)
  • Biting Me Softly (Biting Love, #4)
  • Grady's Awakening (Resonance Mates #4)
  • The Dream Spell
  • Whispers on the Wind
  • Wedding Bell Blues (Konigsburg, #2)
  • Isaiah's Haven (Legacy, #2)
  • Screwdriver (Cocktales, #2)
  • Lush in Lace
  • Incredible (The Inevitable Trilogy #3)
  • Undercover Heat
  • The Secret Ingredient (Secret Ingredient, #1)
  • Waves Break My Fall
  • County Line
  • Four Sworn (Lone Star Lovers, #3)
  • Hidden Steel
  • Disembodied Bones (Lake People, #2)
  • Dating the Devil
Heather Killough-Walden is a California native currently living in Texas with her husband and child. She is the New York Times bestselling author of the Big Bad Wolf series. Heather’s educational background includes religious studies, archeology, and law. She has traveled all over the world but hopes to one day live in a town with a world-class hockey team. (Let’s Go Pens!) Visit Heather’s website ...more
More about Heather Killough-Walden...