The Game

The Game

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  392 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Victor Black, leader of the Gray Team, is tall, dark-haired, green-eyed and can shatter solid metal with no more than a thought. He is a man accustomed to getting what he wants, because in the end, he can simply take it.
And what he wants, more than anything else in the world, is Victoria Red, leader of the Red Team.
However, Maxwell Blood wants her too, and as captain of th...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published March 6th 201)

Lacy♪ ♫Movements of a Demigod ♪ ♫
This book was full of suprises and kept you guessing till the end. It was hard to tell who was friend and who was foe. One minute you thinks that Bloody Max and Victoria Red should be together and the next you think she should be with Victor Black. Overall this was a great book at a great price.
Navdha
I’m not really sure how I feel about this book; or to be more precise, the characters in this book. This book held a promise, which faded towards the end. *sighs*
The whole concept of the game and the wall and the energy being drained from the Gods could have been put up in a better way. The Gods using the “fuck” work so freely was funny yet somehow derogatory and a lil blasphemous, if you ask me. I didn’t really mind it a lot though. I don’t think I like Victor. I had problem deciding if he was...more
Brett
I got this book because it was tagged as sci-fi on Amazon and cost $1 for the Kindle version. Of all the genres this book tries to be--fantasy, sci-fi, mythological fanfic, romance, dystopian, thriller, adventure--by about the 3rd chapter it settles squarely on one: plot-be-damned romance.

This was a rough read--it feels hastily written with no professional editing. The story itself is interesting and had promise, but was recklessly abandoned too many times in efforts to play up the romance. I ke...more
Words
Don't believe the propaganda the book tries to sell you on about the heroine being some sort of genius strategist and super powerful mentalist. All she does throughout the entire book is run away. And while I give her some leeway for being in a state of panic (almost all the time it turns out) - how does the master strategist not think to bring some basic things with her when she makes her escape? How about just some food and water? How about even just an extra pair of underwear...anything. I ke...more
TJ
Ms. Walden is an absolutely exquisite story teller. I've read her other books and absolutely LOVE them (especially "The Third Kiss"). Unfortunately, I'm not much of a futuristic/science fiction fan and that's what "The Game" turned out to be (there is no hint to that in the book's synopsis.) While everything that makes the author addictive is still there, the subject matter just isn't my cup of tea.
glitrbug
Mar 28, 2010 glitrbug rated it 4 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Sci-Fi, Adventure, Action,Romance
Shelves: kindle
At the beginning of the book I was tiring of the Alpha male desires beautiful younger woman who is intrigued yet afraid of him theme, but once again the author amazes me with her style and ability to tell a riveting story. Somehow she manages to tell a Sci-Fi story with Odin and Thor in it. Amazing. I am in awe.
Biwi
I liked this book. It never really got slow, it was a little tough to figure out in the beginning, and even once explanations started coming in, things still remained a little fuzzy. But all in all an enjoyable read. On to the next book by this author :)
sharon
This was a differcult book to read in the beginning but if you hang in there it is an awesome book and story well worth the time and the effort.
I have read it again since first reading it and it was better on second reading.
Thea Landen
I couldn't put this book down! It was a fantastic mix of action, romance, and mythology! I love strong female characters, and Victoria didn't disappoint. Great read!
Mindy
I liked this book, it was kind of like an adult version of the Hunger Games.
Lyn E Love
Plot complicated and took a while to figure out. But overall a good one.
Trish True
I didn't know what to expect when I started this book. It was brilliant!
Belkis
another well written mind twisting fantastic book by Heather.
Izzy
It was really good but some parts were a bit wierd...
jD
I really liked the vamp book written by Ms. Killough-Walden so I decided to try this one. It's an ebook and it was inexpensive. So much for good intentions. By the time I was done, I was not sure how I felt about this book. I did not care for the characters very much so that took something important away throughout the reading. None the less, there was something that kept me going. I wanted to know all the secrets and I wanted to know who the bad guys really were. There were quite a few of them...more
Tara
What a letdown.

I love Heather's writing style and her engaging plot lines, but this book was a far cry from her previous work.

I can read any style of book, sci-fi, horror, epic love, ect...this fell into the dystopian/sci-fi/epic love genre. First off, nothing really added up for me. It started off strong as a post-apocalyptic kind of sci-fi mix - however the missing parts were all too confusing. THEN the Greek myth started falling into place which just threw the confusion to a whole new level...more
Miss Fifi
I loved this book, but I hated it too..and as you can guess from the rating, I hated it more than I loved it..

What I loved:

1. The unique premise of the dystopian world.
2. The special abilities of the Gamers

What I hated:

1. Victoria Red. She was supposed to be smart but she was nothing but smart in this book. Easy to say, she was a dumbass.
2. Bloody Max. Said he loved her, but did things to hurt her.
3. The Game. I spent hours reading the book yet I didn't truly get wth The Game was.

Done. (my revie...more
Lyss
The plot and ideas are top-notch, but it just doesn't flow as well as I feel it could have. Perhaps there is TOO much going on--a strange Game, powerful players, Gods--that each isn't developed fully before introducing the next. Still enjoyable, but definitely leaves the reader hanging for more info at times.
Renee Stephens
Boring in the beginning too similar to hunger games at first. But if you continue to read onward u will find a treasure in the middle all the way to the end.
Cherie
This book was fantastic. Fast paced, thrilling and suspenseful all at the same time. LOVED IT
Josette
Read the re-release: A Sinister Game.
Carilu
Carilu marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Lacar Perlas
Lacar Perlas marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Nancy Jones
Nancy Jones marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
  • The Boys Next Door
  • The Battle Lord's Lady (Battle Lord Saga, #1)
  • Beyond the Darkening
  • Deadly Remains (A Clairvoyant's Complicated Life #1)
  • Soul Hunger (Ra's Chosen, #1)
  • Mine
  • Duality (Guardians of the Light #1)
  • Forgotten Soul (Soul Searchers, #1)
  • Ask Adam (Tanner Siblings, #2)
  • Kiss Me, Kill Me (Includes: Dulcie O'Neil, #1.5; Wild, #3)
  • Hyena Moon (Moon, #3)
  • The Devil & Venus di Milo (Witches Anonymous, #0.5)
  • A Turn of Curses
  • Eye of the Beholder (True Destiny, #2)
  • A Fine Specimen
  • What She Doesn't Know
  • No More Running
  • First Sharing (Fallon Mates, #0.5)
Heather Killough-Walden is a California native currently living in Texas with her husband and child. She is the New York Times bestselling author of the Big Bad Wolf series. Heather’s educational background includes religious studies, archeology, and law. She has traveled all over the world but hopes to one day live in a town with a world-class hockey team. (Let’s Go Pens!) Visit Heather’s website...more
More about Heather Killough-Walden...
The Heat (The Big Bad Wolf, #1) The Spell (The Big Bad Wolf, #3) The Strip (The Big Bad Wolf, #2) The Vampire King (The Kings, #1) The Hunt (The Big Bad Wolf, #4)

“No one ever made a difference by following the rules.” 6 likes