Start by marking “A Book about Being Selfish” as Want to Read:
A Book about Being Selfish

A Book about Being Selfish (Help Me Be Good)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  7 reviews

"Being Selfish" teaches the importance of unselfishness and teaches children practical ways to share. Free download includes songs and read-along with Joy.
For Ages 4-7.

Hardcover, 1 page
Published January 1st 2005 by Scholastic Library Publishing (first published June 1983)

To ask other readers questions about A Book about Being Selfish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Book about Being Selfish

Heather
Mar 21, 2009 Heather rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents of preschoolers to early elementary-aged children
I believe this book is one from a series of early life lessons for children called "Help Me Be Good" on how to cope with feelings and emerging social situations. Being Selfish is a book that my daughter grabbed off the library shelves and added to our take-home pile, but for a 5-year-old who is still just learning to dip her toes into the friendship pool it has a very timely message.

This book gives examples of what selfish looks and feels like, both from the perspective of a child who is feelin
Kim
I love all the Help me Be Good Books by Joy Berry. I had a couple handed down to me from my mom and I found a bunch of the series at a used book store and bought them all! My kids love reading them just for story night, but I also find them very helpful to read when we are having a problem with a certain trait.

Each book focuses on defining what the action is, how it makes people feel and what to do about it. It helps both sides, if your child is the one being selfish or if you're the one who som
April
Such a great book for kids and adults to read together!! Joy Berry has a wonderful way of bringing things to a kids level to help them understand things better. Sometimes as an adult we forget kids see and process the world differently than us.

Beautifully illustrated to help kids pay attention while learning valuable life lessons!

This series is wonderful for any home or classroom! I want them for he community center where I work!! I am also thrilled they are being made available as ebooks!!
Eugene Magee
This is a great book to teach children about not being selfish. This book tells them how to act when they are playing with another person, and how to share with another person.
Theresa
a good resource for teaching children appropriate behavior
a good resource for teaching children appropriate behavior
Vivian Clarke
It a good book for student who don't want to share. It gives ways to go about sharing
Nojood Alsudairi
بالعربية ما معنى الأنانية من دار الشروق
Robin Buckley
Robin Buckley marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Veronica Avila
Veronica Avila marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Judy
Judy marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Liz Parker
Liz Parker marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Jennifer Baldwin
Jennifer Baldwin marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Amy Goodwin
Amy Goodwin marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Jessica Skolnik
Jessica Skolnik marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Brandon Sportel
Brandon Sportel marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
T
T marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Armine Zargarian
Armine Zargarian marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
With over 85 million copies of her books sold, Joy Berry’s message has helped children around the world lead more responsible lives.

Joy Berry, pioneering educator, trusted child-development and parenting specialist, is the bestselling author of Joy Berry Classics for children with more than 250 titles and 85 million copies of her books sold. Joy Berry’s lifelong mission is to help kids help themse
More about Joy Berry...

Help Me Be Good (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • A Book about Cheating
  • A Book About Being Greedy (Help Me Be Good Series)
  • Let's Talk About Being Wasteful (Let's Talk About Series)
  • A Book about Being Forgetful
  • Being Destructive
  • Being Lazy
  • Let's Talk About Being Careless (Let's Talk About Series)
  • Being Messy (Let's Talk About Series)
  • A Book about Overdoing It
  • Showing Off (Let's Talk About Series)
A Children's Book about Disobeying Lying (Let's Talk About Series) A Book About Whining Help Me Be Good Series Box Set Let's Talk About Teasing (Let's Talk About Series)