Start by marking “A Book about Being Selfish” as Want to Read:
A Book about Being Selfish

A Book about Being Selfish (Help Me Be Good)

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  58 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews

"Being Selfish" teaches the importance of unselfishness and teaches children practical ways to share. Free download includes songs and read-along with Joy.
For Ages 4-7.

Hardcover, 1 page
Published January 1st 2005 by Scholastic Library Publishing (first published June 1983)

To ask other readers questions about A Book about Being Selfish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Book about Being Selfish

Heather
Mar 21, 2009 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents of preschoolers to early elementary-aged children
I believe this book is one from a series of early life lessons for children called "Help Me Be Good" on how to cope with feelings and emerging social situations. Being Selfish is a book that my daughter grabbed off the library shelves and added to our take-home pile, but for a 5-year-old who is still just learning to dip her toes into the friendship pool it has a very timely message.

This book gives examples of what selfish looks and feels like, both from the perspective of a child who is feelin
Kim
I love all the Help me Be Good Books by Joy Berry. I had a couple handed down to me from my mom and I found a bunch of the series at a used book store and bought them all! My kids love reading them just for story night, but I also find them very helpful to read when we are having a problem with a certain trait.

Each book focuses on defining what the action is, how it makes people feel and what to do about it. It helps both sides, if your child is the one being selfish or if you're the one who som
Siskiyou-Suzy
Great book that addresses selfishness for children. (Hate the art, though.)
April
May 23, 2013 April rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, childrens
Such a great book for kids and adults to read together!! Joy Berry has a wonderful way of bringing things to a kids level to help them understand things better. Sometimes as an adult we forget kids see and process the world differently than us.

Beautifully illustrated to help kids pay attention while learning valuable life lessons!

This series is wonderful for any home or classroom! I want them for he community center where I work!! I am also thrilled they are being made available as ebooks!!
Eugene Magee
This is a great book to teach children about not being selfish. This book tells them how to act when they are playing with another person, and how to share with another person.
Theresa
a good resource for teaching children appropriate behavior
a good resource for teaching children appropriate behavior
Vivian Clarke
It a good book for student who don't want to share. It gives ways to go about sharing
Nojood Alsudairi
بالعربية ما معنى الأنانية من دار الشروق
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
Sourav Karmakar
Sourav Karmakar marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2016
Julia Stedman
Julia Stedman marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
Siddharth Pillai
Siddharth Pillai rated it it was amazing
May 16, 2016
Keri
Keri added it
May 15, 2016
Nancy Torres-Guimaraes
Nancy Torres-Guimaraes rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2016
Katie
Katie added it
Feb 05, 2016
Brodie
Brodie marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Shaena Peters
Shaena Peters rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2015
Isabella_cirino
Isabella_cirino marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2015
TheRobloxPlayer
TheRobloxPlayer marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2015
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Nov 24, 2015
Rebeccadanielle
Rebeccadanielle rated it it was ok
Nov 09, 2015
Fleetwoodv
Fleetwoodv rated it it was amazing
Nov 03, 2015
Angi Turner
Angi Turner rated it liked it
Oct 20, 2015
Bri
Bri rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2015
Ana Rivera
Ana Rivera rated it it was amazing
Oct 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
With over 85 million copies of her books sold, Joy Berry’s message has helped children around the world lead more responsible lives.

Joy Berry, pioneering educator, trusted child-development and parenting specialist, is the bestselling author of Joy Berry Classics for children with more than 250 titles and 85 million copies of her books sold. Joy Berry’s lifelong mission is to help kids help themse
More about Joy Berry...

Help Me Be Good (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • A Book about Cheating
  • A Book About Being Greedy (Help Me Be Good Series)
  • Let's Talk About Being Wasteful (Let's Talk About Series)
  • A Book about Being Forgetful
  • Being Destructive
  • Being Lazy
  • Let's Talk About Being Careless (Let's Talk About Series)
  • Being Messy (Let's Talk About Series)
  • A Book about Overdoing It
  • Showing Off (Let's Talk About Series)