Start by marking “Faith” as Want to Read:
Faith

Faith

4.13  ·  Rating Details  ·  83 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Monet and Marcus Caldwell are living their version of the American Dream. Both are gainfully employed, Marcus as a detective for Chicago's Finest, and Monet as a nurse in the neonatal unit of an inner city hospital. They are faithful members of Reverend Ruth Wilcox's church, The Temple. The only thing missing from their life is a child. Doctors have been unable to explain ...more
Published May 1st 2010 by Urban

To ask other readers questions about Faith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Faith

A.
Aug 16, 2010 A. rated it really liked it
FAITH was an uplifting read, filled with realistic Christian characters who struggle with truly trusting God in the midst of the trials that come their way (Rape, pregnancy, revenge). Although the focus was on Monet and her husband Marcus' conflict/trial, I would have liked to have read about Monet lifting up her friend Liz's spirits in the midst of her trial. It was a bit one-sided, though I understand that Liz was standing by her best friend, merely reciprocrating what she had done for Liz in ...more
Vacirca Vaughn
Oct 21, 2010 Vacirca Vaughn rated it really liked it
Monet and Marcus Caldwell are a loving couple living the life. She loves her career as a neonatal nurse and he lives for the thrill of being a detective for the Chicago Police Department. They are members of a tight-knit church community and serve God daily in all that they do. They own their home and have wonderful relationships with family and friends. The only regret this happy couple has is that for reasons unknown, in twenty years of marriage, they have been unable to conceive a child.

Throu
Bree
Apr 27, 2014 Bree rated it it was amazing
This was an interesting and very touching novel. It was great from beginning to end. I felt sorry for what happened to Monet and it hurt that Marcus was not by her side but she never lost her Faith..... She put all her trust in God and he stood by her. Great ending glad Marcus finally prayed and asked for forgiveness. ......
Daylea Frazer
This book is awesome. I would like a continuation of this book. I really really enjoyed the writing, and details in this author's book. More about Marus,Monet and baby faith. Thanks so much!
Heather
I don't read much Christian fiction because I think it can be cheesy, but I enjoyed this book. The characters and their struggles felt very real to me instead of all "everything is part of God's plan so nothing bothers me." The ending is predictable, but there were enough surprises throughout the story to keep me interested. I recommend this for anyone who wants to get a feel for the Christian fiction genre without going through too much preaching.
Desiree Watson
Jan 20, 2013 Desiree Watson rated it it was amazing
This book was really good. When Monet was raped, her husband seemed to back away from her and have a problem with it. It seemed he felt like she shouldn't have the baby because he thought she may have been pregnant by the guy who raped her. She decides to keep the baby, not knowing if she is pregnant by the man who raped her or her husband. Really good read. Read: 2010
Alicia
Aug 16, 2010 Alicia rated it it was ok
I'm a fan of Ms. Larks and I have read and enjoyed all her other books but I had trouble getting into this one and could not finish. I found the subject matter very intrugiuning, but I just couldn't get past some of the religious elements that I didn't agree with. I enjoy most Christin Fiction but at times ( like in this one) the "message" became too heavy for me.
Gwen Jackson
Aug 18, 2012 Gwen Jackson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought the book was a very good read. A book must keep my attention in order for me to continue to read. Monet's faith was a strong part of her fight to keep the child that her husband, Marcus, wanted her to terminate. In my opinion, seeing Monet's strength shows how a strong woman should be.
Rhina M. Finley
Oct 17, 2012 Rhina M. Finley rated it it was amazing
For me this was a very intense and excellent read. I love my Urban Christian books. I especially love the characters and how they talk to God during the most diffcult stages in there life. There were a lot of very powerful messages through these pages!
Carol Hornsby-mccoy
Jul 14, 2016 Carol Hornsby-mccoy rated it it was amazing
Never underestimate the power of prayer. Great read. Marcus had me scared, thinking he had no faith but, like we all know sometimes God has to break us down before he can bring us up. I admire Monet. Her faith is to be commended!
Charlene
May 22, 2013 Charlene rated it it was amazing
A very touching story. I could totally relate to Monica & this book inspired me to name my daughter Faith Imani. Definitely a must read!!
BW Diva
Aug 25, 2012 BW Diva rated it it was amazing
This is a great book....will make you cry what she had to go through but I would recommend this book!!!!
Danielle Mcchristian
May 27, 2010 Danielle Mcchristian rated it it was amazing
Excellent! Great inspiring story of true faith. Faith that is uncompromising.Loved it!!
Monique Jackson
Aug 29, 2013 Monique Jackson rated it really liked it
Awesome read!!
Liz smith
Mar 30, 2011 Liz smith rated it really liked it
good book
Hortense
Hortense marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2016
Andrea Horton
Andrea Horton rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2016
Rosa McClure
Rosa McClure rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2016
Gerald
Gerald rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2016
Dharma Sandvik
Dharma Sandvik marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Veronica Douglas
Veronica Douglas rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2016
Alisa Robinson stegall
Alisa Robinson stegall rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2016
Vanessa
Vanessa rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2016
Sharon Barren
Sharon Barren marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2016
Sharon Barren
Sharon Barren marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2016
Poupina Brown
Poupina Brown marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
I am the author of 5 books, the titles include A Myriad of Emotions, Crisis Mode, Mirrored Images, Who's Your Daddy, and contributing author to Blended Families, and The Midnight Clear. My latest title is Keeping Misery Company, and I have a new book coming out on July 29th, 2008 called The Legacies."
More about Michelle Larks...