Start by marking “Connect The Dots” as Want to Read:
Connect The Dots

Connect The Dots

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  3,655 ratings  ·  127 reviews
Mahima Mehra did it. Ranjiv Ramchandani did it. Kalyan Varma did it.

“ CONNECT THE DOTS “ is the story of 20 enterprising individuals without an MBA, who started their own ventures. They were driven by the desire to prove themselves. To lead interesting, passionate, meaningful lives. Their stories say one thing loud and clear. You don’t need a fancy degree or a rich daddy t
Published April 14th 2010 by Eklavya Education Foundation

To ask other readers questions about Connect The Dots, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Connect The Dots

2 States by Chetan BhagatI Too Had A Love Story.. by Ravinder SinghThe 3 Mistakes of My Life by Chetan BhagatThe Immortals of Meluha by Amish TripathiRevolution 2020 by Chetan Bhagat
Indian Books - Fiction
124th out of 718 books — 2,023 voters
Baby by J.K. AccinniEcho by J.K. AccinniArmageddon Cometh by J.K. AccinniHive by J.K. AccinniEvil Among Us by J.K. Accinni
books i own
275th out of 363 books — 197 voters

More lists with this book...

Shweta  Bharati
Amazing book! Umm...okay, take that back! Wonderful! Nah, take that back,too. How about one which gives you "air time" and rushes adrenaline through your endocrine system. Yep, that's it!

And, what's nice about the book is that it gives a sense of reality (maybe, only for Indians) yet thrilling. You see their ventures still flourishing and with new targets set. 20 entrepreneurs with 20 different unique tales and passions and with different vision. One can feel the labor of Rashmi Bansal in carryi
This book is very different from Bansal's first book Stay Hungry Stay Foolish which has the stories of IIM Ahmedabad alumni turned entrepreneurs. Almost all the entrepreneurs from this elite college mentioned that they knew in the back of their minds that they always had the option of going back to their jobs. After-all they had a management degree from the best college in India.

On the other side Connect the dots is the story of those who did not have the luxury of going back to any steady job.
People who ask me, 'Do I like 'Rashmi Bansal's books?' I have a pat answer - What's there to like and not to like? This book is not about narrative or writing style or any other literary or creative pursuits. It is simply a factual story of entrepreneurs made it. So, solely for the content, the inspiring stories of some real-life heroes I recommend this book.

Some of the protagonists/entrepreneurs covered in the book couldn't speak English and spoke broken Hindi. Rashmi has narrated them as is, I
“You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust… in something – your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life” - Steve Jobs

I have read the Tamil version of the book published by Ananda Vikatan. It was good & highly inspiring.

It tells the stories of courage, determination and inspiration of 20 people from different backgrounds who chose to become entr
This book is not at all about the writing style or the author.
this book should be read for the stories narrated, the content of the story and not the way it is narrated. It is for drawing inspiration, getting motivated and not for entertaining yourself.
"Connect the Dots" is a very inspiring book and it does motivate the little entrepreneur in you. The best part is it covers stories about India-based entrepreneurs from varied fields - be it automobiles, inverters, restaurants, t-shirts, beauty products, agriculture, education, theater, photography, books.. and the list goes on.. Most of them are well-known brands and you would be surprised to know the stories behind these creative ideas. A must-read book for anyone who is simple and wants to ma ...more
Shivji Kumar jha
I had been reading a lot on entrepreneurs when I was recommended this book. But before this book, it had only been about massively successful founders like Elon Musk, Steve Jobs, Bill gates etc. Reading only about them gets you into thinking big but at the same time you feel a bit intimidated by these personalities. You keep asking yourself if they were born geniuses, if you too could do something etc.

Reading this book opened my horizons. The book covers some lesser known entrepreneurs and goes
I choose to rate this book as 4/5, not for the writing style, but for the content. It was amazing piece of work introducing 20 entrepreneurs in India, who didn't have formal education in business management. It's an awe inspiring book, makes one to sit and keep turning the pages to know more and more about the "my life, my way" attitude.

There hasn't been a contemporary book in past, which has excited me as this book has.
After reading Rashmi Bansal's Stay Hungry Stay Foolish, I thought, well she writes about peoples has got a good education and then paved a new path for their life.
But after, I laid my hands on this book, My instincts flared in a difference. This book has the capability to infect the blood inside one's veins and then let him churn himself great out of him.
This book once again proves,"You lure for a thing and step ahead for it, the whole universe will conspire to make it yours."
I found the sto
Tarique Ejaz
Connect the Dots is not a book. It is not just a novel one could read and do away with. Connect the Dots is actually a guide, a learner's graph curtailing the story of 20 Indian entrepreneurs who, despite not belonging to a management or business related educational background, managed to make it big on the grand stage of life.

From IITians to just ordinary individuals, like you and me who are so much filled with aspirations and dreams, share their unbelievable yet achievable success stories of h
Aditya Kumar
Must read for people who want to be entrepreneurs. 20 different stories but had one thing common, its all in your hand.
Vijay Dhameliya
Book will give a lot of "aahhaa" moments. The journey of twenty "Common" men, who followed their hearts, who tried to find meaning in life and reached to the top of mountain of Happiness. Every new person in this book has completely new story then the last one. But there is one thing common among all of these stories and their heroes i.e. take a risk and follow the passion (love). This book is not meant only for "wanna be" entrepreneurs but for anyone who has not yet found the meaning in life. 1 ...more
Saurabh Jain
Stories of ordinary people who did extraordinary things under similar set of circumstances in which we all live and blame all things around us for not able to do the things which we love most. Somehow I liked the fact that all the people who have been covered in this book don't have any formal management or MBA background which is not the whole and sole basis to be successful as an entrepreneur. And I am sure many people face today the pressure of being non MBA in going up the corporate ladder b ...more

Connect the DOTS by Rashmi Bansal.

This book too rock like her previous book Stay Hungry Stay Foolish.

Book has 20 stories of those people who dared to start Business with out an MBA...

The crux of this book is not that these people (without an MBA) started business but they started and it became so big that it has to be published for inspiration for others.

You will think (those who are MBA's would definitely) that if they can why not me...You will get inspiration ...You would be provoked to star
Kamlesh Joshi
So beautifully narrated stories in this book about 20 people who have achieved everything in life without doing MBA. They scholarly focus on so many things and most of are enlightening on hardwork and passion that one should bring to get through the success.

I have learned the importance of being a good reader and observer during this book. This book gives you immense understanding of being entrepreneur in this world where you focus on your vision and with immense dedication you get though it.

Pavan Kumar Vavilapalli

“CONNECT THE DOTS“ is my second book of Rashmi Bansal, first being "STAY HUNGRY STAY FOOLISH". This is more interesting than latter in the eclectic selection of the entrepreneurs with their background and their success stories without an MBA.

The people in this book showed that one can start their own business irrespective of their economic background and also education. The only thing
Book Review: Connect the Dots by Rashmi Bansal
This book is about 20 enthusiastic people who are driven by ideas, hard work, dedication, passion to get them into reality into a business.
These people had no MBA, some aren't even from business families but they have gone from being startup companies to big businesses.
Debasish Ray Mohapatra
'connect the dots' is a good book as for motivating and inspiring purpose..It is my 1st and last impression about this book.The book is about 20 entrepreneurs..who dared to dream and to do something for themselves as well as for others..

Yes, this book will not only inspire the young entrepreneurs but also to those who want to make something different with their life..Finally each story in this book will make you feel that take a decision in life which you really want to be, do hard work, calcul
20 multimillion-entrepreneurs who chased the rainbows in their field despite intially without have any money in their hands. they started to zero to hero in their field.
entirely inspiration story .

I highly recommend this book how have a burning desire-dream to become a good entrepreneur , you must read it....

Kaushal Gohil
This book is a must read for all inspiring Entrepreneurs. If you are looking forward for motivation to be be successful in this is the book you should start reading today... Really inspiring. Some inspiration quotes on entrepreneurship
Ankita Gavel
This is not a book but is, indeed, an eye opener for all those who have lost all their hopes, tangled in difficult circumstances & suffering from huge losses.
Really loved reading the book. Such inspiring stories from common people is so great to hear! It will surely inspire other ordinary people to rise up and struggle to live a prosperous & beautiful life! :)
I am reading her second book after stay hungry stay foolish. I like most in this book all stories are very realistic.You can connect each story.I like BVG story most as they are working in my current & formal compony.All are real life hero.blend of hindi with english give the indian touch.
Hind Pansuria
Classic tales of small entrepreneurs who will never be noticed by people that much if this book would not have been written. This book proves that, To run a venture successfully, One does not need to have MBA degree all one needs passion and hard work.
Avneesh Kumar
A great book for inspiration and for entrepreneurs ............ A must read for everyone ........ These are stories of twenty newly emerged very successful entrepreneurs in the last 2-3 decades in India ... you will certainly learn something.
Jay Sharma
Are you an aspiring entrepreneur ? Do you want to grow into one ? Check this book which beautifully picturise the life of a few grass root first generation Business tycoons ! seriously this is one for you !
Pulkit Gupta
Its not that you cant do business without an MBA degree. It shows how people without any high education excelled in the field of business.
A must read for businessman without an MBA degree
Sameer Patil
A priceless gift by Rashmi Bansal and of course all the role models themselves. Everything, all the struggle and success is inspiring as narrated by the ink of Rashmi .
Shaunak De
Average writing, but the story is well told, and the message is well delivered. There is a theme that binds the book, and there is inspiration to be found in its pages.
Gopinath Manchikanti
A decent read to boost one's morale, useful especially for people who want to try their hand at entrepreneurship or people with any sort of goal in general.
Aruna Kumar Gadepalli
Easy and quick read. Real life stories 20 in number who are passionate about what they believe and work hard for achieving with perseverance.
  • It Happened In India: The Story of Pantaloons, Big Bazaar, Central and the Great Indian Consumer
  • The TCS Story . . . And Beyond
  • India in Love: Marriage and Sexuality in the 21st Century
  • Wise And Otherwise
  • Wise Enough to be Foolish
  • Simply Fly
Rashmi Bansal is a writer, entrepreneur and youth expert.She is the author of two bestselling books on entrepreneurship. ‘Stay Hungry Stay Foolish’ features the stories of 25 MBAs who left lucrative jobs to follow the rough road of entrepreneurship. The book created a new record in Indian publishing by selling over 300,000 copies and has been translated into 8 languages.

Rashmi’s second book, ‘Con
More about Rashmi Bansal...

“You don't need a fancy degree to dream big and make it happen. It's all in your head , your heart , your hands.” 2 likes
“Human resources are the most valuable asset for any company. But how much you value people as human beings is the question most CEOs fumble to answer.” 0 likes