A Gentleman Always Remembers (Willowmere, #2)

A Gentleman Always Remembers (Willowmere #2)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  728 ratings  ·  41 reviews
The secondnovel in New York Times bestselling novelist Candace Camp's Willowmere series, a delightful newset of Regencyromances.

Married young to a charming but improvident army officer, Eve Hawthorne was widowed with little left except for a few extravagant trifles. Desperate to avoid her domineering stepmother, she accepts employment as chaperone to the Earl of Stewkesbur...more
Published May 25th 2010 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about A Gentleman Always Remembers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Gentleman Always Remembers

Leah

I am extremely disappointed in this book. I won the first of the series in the Goodreads First Reads and really enjoyed it, giving it four stars. Also, I really look forward to reading the third book about Vivacious Vivian and Responsible Oliver. Taking all that into account, I was looking forward to reading this book, especially since I'd liked the excerpt I had read. Well, the excerpt was from chapter one and it all went downhill from there.

My biggest problem with the book was the he...more
Fernanda

e continua a saga sobre as irmãs Bascombe.... só que nesta historia o foco principal é a sua acompanhante.

historia de leitura rápida mas não menos interessante por isso.
as cenas de encontros e desencontros tornam a historia muito engraçada.

sem duvida uma leitura agradável e de deixar um sorriso nos lábios!
Jess
I didn't like this one as much as the first. I'm not really sure why, I think it's just that the main storyline between Fitz and Eve didn't take up enough of the book for my tastes. There was a lot going on in the background, and a lot of different subplots.

I liked the interactions between Fitz and Eve though, they were pretty entertaining I just think there wasn't enough of it. Also, the plot that they were involved in with the letters and the watch was a little boring to me.

I hope the next boo...more
Kassie

Enjoyed this story....but I'm getting tired of reading romances...guess I need a little more variety....will have to go for the third in this series much later!!!!!
Danielle
I found myself liking this book much more than the first book of the series. I don't know if its because for most of the book, the somewhat annoyingly headstrong Bascombe sisters were not the focus. Or maybe its because there were only two Bascombe sisters left? All I can say is that this book is a step forward from A Lady Never Tells. And from the looks of it the next book an Affair Without End will be the best book of them all.

Fitz Talbot, half brother of Oliver Talbot, the Earl of Stewkesbu...more
Jessica
Candace Camp retains her status as a delightful read with this story about Eve and Fitz. It's part of her Bascombe Sisters series although oddly enough, the Bascombe sisters take a back seat to the solemn widow, Eve.
After losing her military husband, Eve has no choice but to return to her father's home, a distasteful circumstance the longer she spends under the critical eye of her stepmother. Soon she finds escape, as a chaperone to the Earl of Steweksbury's precocious American cousins. High on...more
Kristy
The thing I liked most about this book, is that Fitz, the eternal bachelor, had no qualms about falling in love. In the beginning of the book, he had no interest in marriage or responsibility. But once he started falling in love with Eve, he had no problem going with it. He didn't fight it like all the other men seem to do in these types of books. He let himself fall in love and then couldn't wait to marry her. I liked that. No hesitance on his part.

Just as I said in my review for the A Lady Nev...more
Cherolyne
nice story, but i dont really like Eve.. some time i feel like yelling when i read the book. i was like "Really? ohmygosh, get a grip.." hahaha.. pardon me.. but nice story after all..
Lori
A Gentleman Always Remembers is an enjoyable, pleasant romance driven by interesting characters. Candace Camp shows what a master she is at character development with this novel. I was not sure at first if I was going to like Fitz, the hero of the book, but he shows lots of growth and maturing that redeemed him for me. He went from being selfish to displaying responsibility for his family. The secondary love story is as enjoyable as the main one, and there is lots going on to keep you interested...more
Emily S.
Very much the same reaction I had to the first book in the series...Meh. Just so overdone and everything turns out so nicely. *shakes head* It's all the same, I tell you!!! Romance writers need to come up with an original idea (and don't tell me they don't exist because I'm a writer too and they DO. You just have to work for them.) and go with it. I'm waiting for the next great romance and still haven't found it. Had high hopes here, but was disappointed.
Annalynn
I enjoyed this, although I found myself looking forward to the couple who I can only assume will feature in the next book in the series more than the actual featured couple. It took me way longer than I felt it should have to finish it. I would step away for a bit and read something else in the meantime. I would give this 2.5 stars if I could, 2 is too low, though, so I bumped it to three.
Vivian Archer
Charming.

Unexpected houseparty with guests dropping in (literally and figuratively), the measles, busybodies, and rakes gone straight. Camp has good character development, an endearing cast, tempered humor and sweet emotions. An intriguing mystery that stirs the pot moves things along beyond mere relationships.

Overall, it leaves you smiling.
Jody
A widow, Eve, goes to be a chaperoned for young American cousins. Along with the normal trials of trying to make the girls ready for their Season, Eve deals with Measles, true love, threatening letters, scandal and numerous unexpected guest. Through it all Fitz is there and stepping into his brother's shoes and acting responsible.
Shelly Ash
A Gentleman Always Remembers is an excellent historical romance! There was a lot of interaction between the characters which added depth and intrigue. A real page-turner. I can't wait to read the next story in Candace's Willowmere series, An Affair Without End. I really enjoyed this book and couldn't put it down! 5 Stars
Michelle
This book was a wonderful novel. I enjoyed the interactions between Even and Fitz (though I wish there was more interaction); however, I still loved it. There were a bunch of little sub plots, and they were all very interesting. Overall the book was a cute-must read book.
Colleen
New world Americans reclaiming their aristocratic British heritage. From out of the ashes rise up some very sensual relationships! I found this to be a delightful romp and eager to finish reading the series. She's introduced a lot of women who need to find their match!
Georgiann Hennelly
The thing i liked is that Fitz the eternal bachelor had no qualms about falling in love. In the beginning he did he had no interest in marraige . But once he met Eve it all changed. You have to read the first book to see where the story is leading you.
Donna
I loved this book. I cant wait for the last book in the series. Eve and Fitz were both delightful and it was great to see Fitz realize that there was nothing wrong with being an adult!! I love the little added supense and plot twist in these. books.
Amy
What a wonderful adventure this was to share with such dynamic characters. I loved the humor, character development, and warmth. Can't wait for the next one in the series and hoping it won't be the last!
Frances Fuller
This book was like what reading a book made up of pages from other books, which were better, and then the kitchen sink was thrown in.
Gloriavirtutisumbra
This was okay, only a little gonzo plotwise. I would have rathered the main character been more upright, however.
Becca Mitchell
A quick historical read. Good story line. Well written and edited. Can't wait to read the next in this series.
Terri
I felt that this book was "OK", but not as good as the first book in the series, "A Lady Never Tells".
Megan
Pretty standard romance novel. Far-fetched and not well-written but mindless and entertaining.
Lesley
this is a good as the irst in the series. Easy to read and fast paced - I couldn't put it down.
Anya Breton
I'm apparently reading this series backwards but nevertheless I've liked the two I've read so far.
Drea (LilyElement Reviews)
Shelly
I could almost give this 3 stars, but the heroine and hero weren't that interesting.
Edith
The book was fantastic. Love the aurthor she knows how to write books.
Lynn Futch
Enjoyed this one also. I think she is a new favorite author.
  • A Most Scandalous Engagement (Scandalous Lady, #2)
  • Reese's Bride  (Bride's Trilogy, #2)
  • The Bride Price
  • Rules of an Engagement (Adventurers’ Club, #3)
  • Seducing an Angel (Huxtable Quintet, #4)
  • Lady Beware (Company of Rogues, #14)
  • Never Trust a Rogue (Heiress in London, #2)
  • Desires of a Perfect Lady
  • Tempted At Midnight (Mayhem in Mayfair, #4)
  • A Season of Seduction (James Family, #3)
  • How to Seduce a Duke (Royle Sisters, #1)
  • Rushed to the Altar (Blackwater Brides #1)
  • The Seduction Of An Unknown Lady (McBride Family #2)
  • Sex and the Single Earl (Stantons, #2)
  • How I Met My Countess (Bachelor Chronicles, #6)
  • A Woman of Virtue (Lorimer Family & Clan Cameron #3)
  • Knight of Passion (All the King's Men #3)
  • Desire Me (The Legend Hunters, #2)
Candace Camp is the New York Times bestselling author of over sixty books.

Her first novel, *Bonds of Love*, was published by Jove Publishing in 1978, under the pseudonym Lisa Gregory. Two pseudonyms (Kristin James and Sharon Stephens)and many books later, Candace writes under her own name Candace Camp and still loves creating stories.

Candace lives in Austin, Texas, with her husband and is the mot...more
More about Candace Camp...
The Marriage Wager (The Matchmakers #1) The Courtship Dance (The Matchmakers #4) The Bridal Quest (The Matchmakers #2) The Wedding Challenge (The Matchmakers #3) Impulse