Start by marking “In the Darkest Night (Light Warriors #4)” as Want to Read:
In the Darkest Night (Light Warriors #4)

In the Darkest Night (Light Warriors #4)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  18 reviews

Fleeing from both her dark heritage and the magical council she attempted to steal from, Farran’s greatest fear is to be sent back to the father she has utterly betrayed. Yet when a demon attempts to capture her, Farran knows she cannot stay hidden. She must find help.

Kel Andrews is a magical troubleshooter with troubles of his own. Recovering from being kidnapped and to

Published March 30th 2010 by Tor Books (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about In the Darkest Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the Darkest Night

SheLove2Read
Feb 07, 2011 SheLove2Read rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of futuristic or magical romance
Shelves: 2011
This is the 4th book in the Light Warriors series. Although its part of a series, if you haven't read the others you will still be able to follow the path of the series fairly easily, as O'Shea gives you enough background (without rehashing too much for previous readers) to understand the world she's created.

The storyline is fast paced and starts almost from page one. Farran (the heroine) and Kel (the hero) - I love the unusual names! - are both fairly tortured individuals, both coming into the
Laurie Garrison
Apr 21, 2010 Laurie Garrison rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who like PNR
This is book 4 in Patti Light Warriors series.

This book really surprised me. This is my first read by Patti O’Shea, I loved it. I loved the magic that’s used plus the use of magic fighting against demons and Shadow walkers. Everything is well devolved, so you get a fantastic storyline and characters. Farran and Kal both have messed up lives lets just say they definitely belong together. They both share their bad past life with each other, so you really get to know both of them, I found it awesom
Jacqueline
This was a 5+ star read for me. It had lots of things that makes me happy in a book. Lots of gut wrenching pathos for example. Sometimes I just get into that stuff. I don't always enjoy a heroine who is unsure of herself but she was well written. She was the type that felt unlovable because of the way her family had treated her growing up and her insecurities just added to the angsty pathos. The hero wins the award for the most messed up super tortured hero I've read in years. But he still manag ...more
Steven Cole
So, first things first: I received this book as part of the Goodreads First-Reads program, which sends out free books to readers hoping for them to post glowing reviews on the various book-reader web sites.

But here’s the truth: I really didn’t like this book much. Granted, paranormal romance isn’t a genre that I’ve spent any time with, but I do like paranormal and urban fantasy stories, so this really wasn’t a huge stretch for me. No, the real problem with this book was a pair of characters who
Kelley
Courtesy of CK2S Kwips and Kritiques

Farran lives a life of fear after barely escaping the cruelty of her Tàireil family with her life. She also hides from the enemies of her kind, the Gineal, in fear of the reprisal they will take for her role in the near death of their Dragon Mage (see Edge of Dawn). As if that wasn’t enough, she also has a demon hunting her and a strange new enemy she has never known before. The only chance she has of survival is to throw herself upon the mercy of her former b
Darcy
It is amazing how screwed up both Kel and Farran are, so much so that they are perfect for each other. Farran is on the run from her family who has treated her like a piece of crap and have even physically harmed her. She turns to the one place she hopes where she can find help. Unfortunately the people she was looking for weren't there and she was forced to ask Kel for help.

Struggling to put his demons behind him, Kel impulsively decides to help her, when all hell breaks loose seconds after for
Imjstgr8
So I started this book out confused and ended the book confused. Halfway through it I realized that this had to be the second book in the series (found out that it's the 4th). I enjoyed the story line however it referred back to the prior book so much. The author assumes that the reader has read the other books, however there is nothing on the cover to suggest that its part of a series. I did get the concept of what happened previously but not enough to make me want to go back and read the other ...more
JPerceval
If I've not said before how much I love Ms. O'Shea's Light Warriors series, well, it can't be said enough: I love the Light Warriors series. In a market saturated with vampires and were-beasties, Ms. O'Shea's world of magic-users who eat solid food and don't turn furry is a wonderful breath of fresh air. And the fact that she follows up a great concept with solid plotting and sympathetic characters doesn't hurt either. In the Darkest Night is no exception.

Read full review here.
Brandy
I really enjoyed this book. Kel and Farran seem like total opposites, but the longer they are together the more you realize that they are ment for each other and it just takes them getting over some of their personal demons to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I think this book is one of the Best of 2010. I can't wait to read more of Patti O'Shea's books. If you like action, love, sexual situations, magic and fantasy then this is for you.
Melissa
I have read all of Patti O'Shea's books and scored an advance copy of this one. It is without doubt her finest writing to date. Her characters have always been strong and compelling, but the emotion in this book is riveting. Both protagonists are deeply scarred physically and emotionally, and O'Shea holds nothing back. An outstanding read.
Hildie McQueen
I enjoyed the chemistry between the Hero and Heroine. The story was good, I wish they would have went to more places, but other than they staying in pretty much two places, I enjoyed the story. I recommend it. I have not read the other books in the series, but I might just do it now.
Marianna
An okay book, but nothing fresh. I am tired of the lists too. Check, fiery spirit. Check, stubborn as heck. Check, hella sexy. Yawn
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Lexi
Publisher: Dohery, Tom Associates
Genre: M/F Fantasy

Check out the review on http://heartsonfirereviews.com/
Paranormal Romance
I loved tortured heros and both characters were so damaged from life. Best quote "I think she's as fucked up as I am"
Annette Clair
This has become my all time favorite (to date) of Patti's. Amazing story, really really loved it.
Michele bookloverforever
readable. but the female starts off really weak, please save me kind of woman. not my favorite scenario.
Cathy
Excellent, different and I couldn't put it down. Can't wait for more from Patti O'Shea
Marti Rosenberg
The third book in this series was the best, this one was too disjointed.
♥Juvia♥
♥Juvia♥ marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Priscilla
Priscilla marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Luci-anne Myers
Luci-anne Myers marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Nationally bestselling author Patti O'Shea has won numerous awards for her writing and been nominated for many more. Her books have appeared on the Barnes & Noble, Waldenbooks, and Borders bestseller lists and have earned starred reviews in prestigious publications such as Booklist.
More about Patti O'Shea...
Through a Crimson Veil (Crimson City, #3) The Power of Two (2176, #4) Ravyn's Flight (Jarved Nine #1) In the Midnight Hour (Light Warriors, #1) Dark Awakening (A Crimson City Novella)