Start by marking “Rhode Island's Founders: From Settlement to Statehood” as Want to Read:
Rhode Island's Founders: From Settlement to Statehood

Rhode Island's Founders: From Settlement to Statehood

Dr. Patrick T. Conley, Rhode Island's preeminent historian, journeys with us to early America, where Rhode Island's founders laid the groundwork for America's policy of religious freedom. Learn what led Roger Williams to write The Bloudy Tenent of Persecution and discover how James Franklin, older brother of Benjamin, left a lasting impact on the future of American ...more
Published March 19th 2010 by History Press (SC)

To ask other readers questions about Rhode Island's Founders, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rhode Island's Founders

Bill
Dec 07, 2012 Bill rated it liked it
This book consists of short biographies, a few pages each, of important colonial Rhode Island people. These are the people that all the streets and villages are named after in this state. And it proves that Rhode Island has not changed much in 200 years. Greed and nepotism ran the state then as it does now. The author is especially good at explaining obscure philosphies very clearly in a few sentences such as antinomianism. Many of these colonials were religious thinkers hence there is a lot of ...more
Jovy
Jun 21, 2013 Jovy rated it liked it
Traveling is one of my favorite hobbies...why? You see new places, meet interesting people, learn things that you have no idea before, eating and shopping all wrapped up in one... I always get informative books about the place.

Reading this book take me back to the week I spent in Newport last year!

Newport is one of the amazing places I've ever visited...grand mansions, awesome food, nice people and astonishing history. Oops I forgot, magnificent shopping experience.
Steve
Dec 22, 2013 Steve rated it liked it
This book is available as an ebook. Gives short bios for some of RI's famous and not so famous individuals who founded the state, fought for independence and led the way pass the constitution.
Christy Robinson
Christy Robinson rated it liked it
Mar 15, 2011
emilio squillante
emilio squillante rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2016
Josh Cleland
Josh Cleland rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2015
Alan Johnson
Alan Johnson rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2014
w80
w80 rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2016
Doreen Petersen
Doreen Petersen marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Robin Maya
Robin Maya marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2016
Charles Herndon
Charles Herndon marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2016
Patrick Thomas Conley was professor of history and constitutional law at Providence College, Rhode Island.
More about Patrick T. Conley...