Start by marking “Immortal Remains: 30 Days of Night” as Want to Read:
Immortal Remains: 30 Days of Night

Immortal Remains: 30 Days of Night (30 Days of Night novels #2)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  203 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Existing in shadow, thriving in night, a terrifying serial killer stalks the residential streets of Savannah, Georgia - one whose brutal signature is now drawing the attention of other denizens of darkness, for better or worse. But there is more than meets the eye here, and the horrifying truth behind these savage killings is about to be revealed - a truth that has dire im ...more
Published July 31st 2007 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Immortal Remains, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Immortal Remains

IMMORTAL REMAINS may not be a first-rate vampire novel, but at least it's a pretty decent second-rate one. Despite being a disposable product--as opposed to a quality work of literature--it's good enough to hold your attention and keep you guessing. It doesn't break any new ground as far as the vampire genre is concerned...but still, a couple scenes make a lasting impression.
This book took me a little while to get into. I haven't read the 30 DAYS OF NIGHT comic books yet, so I'm not as familiar
I had the chills with this book. I couldn't put it down in anticipation to find out what was gonna happen next. The bloody parts were very vivid. The only thing i wasn't happy with is that i chose this book because of the movie and i didn't realize it follows a story. I picked a book that was in the middle of the story line. I will go back and read the others it just would've been nice to read it in order. Definitly a must read for people who love a good spine chiller!
Not a bad read. It met most of my expectations. The only downfall I have is that the ending felt too abrupt and didn't tie in all the loose ends as well as I wouldve wanted. But the novel is very visual. A very easy and quick read and has some characters that stick with you after you finish it.
Guar Sriboonruang
27 jan 2012

Finished introduction .. Starting the story.. Page 5 ...

I think the the story kinda awaward, because the author talked about the flashback. I think i have to read more so i can understand it better.
Titus Hjelm
Not as good as the first one. Good guy vampires just aren't that interesting. 'Rumors of the Undead' was much more sinister in that sense. Actually, I think the movie adaptation is the best, the vampires are just so completely alien and evil. The vampire language in the film is a great idea, highlighting their otherness. This book was also a bit strangely composed. the first part tarried in not so significant things but the ending was totally abrupt. There's very likely a third one in the making ...more
In this second 30 Days of Night novel, certain core characters are brought back in order track down a vampiric serial killer. The vamps this time have a mission to take over the entire world town by town, and it's up to an unlikely duo to save the world.

The story has some cliche bits to it, but the characters are easy to enjoy and there are twists and turns to keep things lively. Hopefully the third book coming out soon will be just as enjoyable, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.
Demetri Lee
I put this in my queue at NYPL but I originally thought it was a graphic novel. My mistake, but it's still an easy read thus far.

I completed the book in less than a month and it was an ok read for horror I suppose. This book was obviously meant to be part of a series -- unfortunately this book is somewhere in the middle of that series. Now do I want to read the rest since the ending was a bit of a cliff-hanger? Unsure at this point since I still have other books on the shelf beckoning.
Absolutely everything a good vampire book should be. This is a sequel to 30 Days of Night (the same as the movie-only the book is more intense). A regular novel instead of a graphic novel, it's as intense as the first book and just as scary. The vamps are wicked, bad and the stuff nightmares are made of.
This book was better than the first one. I liked the story better and I liked that they brought back some of the characters that are central to the whole story. Hopefully the other books are like this one.
Jade M.
I loved this book. Read it in about three days. The only thing I didn't like was that Dane died, but who knows? Maybe he'll come back.
Really enjoyed this one, made it easier to finish it quick - which was a neccesity since the cover freaked everyone out..
Currently reading, not too bad could be a bit better tho. Its missing something just cant figure out what

Adam Young
it was an amazing book it left me wanting more
Heather Shiver
Heather Shiver marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2015
Beth marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2015
Vaughn Belak
Vaughn Belak is currently reading it
Jorge Soto
Jorge Soto marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2015
Lisa marked it as to-read
Dustin Henderson
Dustin Henderson marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2015
Gianfranco Mancini
Gianfranco Mancini marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2015
Katie marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2015
Konthorn Sangkul
Konthorn Sangkul marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2015
Daniel Van Blair
Daniel Van Blair marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2015
  • 30 Days of Night: Eternal Damnation: Book 3 (30 Days of Night)
  • 30 Days of Night, Vol. 8: Red Snow
  • 30 Days of Night, Vol. 6: Spreading the Disease
  • 30 Days of Night: Official Novelization of The Film
  • After Twilight: Walking with the Dead
  • Roses of Blood on Barbwire Vines
  • 30 Days of Night, Vol. 10: 30 Days 'Til Death
  • Vampire Zero (Laura Caxton, #3)
  • The Year of Eating Dangerously (Mallory Caine, Zombie-at-Law, #2)
  • Apocalypse End: Reign of the Dead
  • Redlaw
STEVE NILES is one of the writers responsible for bringing horror comics back to prominence, and was recently named by Fangoria magazine as one of it's "13 rising talents who promise to keep us terrified for the next 25 years."

Niles is currently working for the four top American comic publishers - Marvel, DC, Image and Dark Horse. He got his start in the industry when he formed his own publishing
More about Steve Niles...

30 Days of Night novels (6 books)
  • 30 Days of Night: Rumors of the Undead
  • 30 Days of Night: Eternal Damnation: Book 3 (30 Days of Night)
  • 30 Days of Night: Light of Day
  • 30 Days of Night: Fear of the Dark
  • 30 Days of Night: Official Novelization of The Film
30 Days of Night, Vol. 1 30 Days of Night, Vol. 3: Return to Barrow 30 Days of Night, Vol. 2: Dark Days Mystery Society Criminal Macabre