Start by marking “Princess Mia (The Princess Diaries, #9)” as Want to Read:
Princess Mia (The Princess Diaries, #9)

Princess Mia (The Princess Diaries #9)

3.82  ·  Rating Details ·  18,288 Ratings  ·  561 Reviews

A princess on her own . . .

Mia has been invited to speak at a gala for Domina Rei, an elite society of powerful businesswomen. But what could she possibly have to say? Now that Michael has broken things off, Mia can barely get out of bed, and her parents are making her see a therapist. School, where Lilly still refuses to speak to her and Lana suddenly wants to be bff,

Published October 6th 2009 by HarperCollins (first published January 1st 2007)

Jessica (priceiswong)
Jun 15, 2015 Jessica (priceiswong) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
So glad this little lull is over and these books are back to being awesome! Just ONE book stands between me and A Royal Wedding!! I'm hoping to finish both this week!
April (Aprilius Maximus)
OMG!!!!!!!!!!
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Shout out to Mia for FINALLY making positive decisions that don't just center around herself. Can't wait to for her to finally pull her head out of her ass. ALSO OMG ONLY ONE BOOK LEFT UNTIL I CAN READ THE ROYAL WEDDING SQUEEEEEEEE
Shannon (leaninglights)
More princess stuff! YES. I really enjoyed this one and got choked up a few times as well. Very interested to see where the story is headed. On to book ten!
Erin
Hmmm.

This book was fighting a losing battle against itself.

What do I mean by that? I guess... just that parts of it were great; other parts made me want to barf. Which, for me, makes it a typical Meg Cabot experience. I feel like we're destined to not click, Meg and I.

The Great
Maybe it's just that I've read so many of Mia's diaries, but these characters are starting to find a place in my heart. Especially Tina and Boris. Bless their hearts. (Lilly, too, is starting to feel like a real person...
Melissa Veras
Jul 09, 2016 Melissa Veras rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So. Good.

Not sure if I'm on board with the 'bomb' Mia throw at the end.
Katie
Ooh, look, I have a review for this one! This is a strong book in the series. Mia really grows up here and starts taking more responsibility for her actions. And I liked her realizing that she SHOULDN'T write Michael, begging himto take her back.

I love the way her friends (I'm not including Lilly in that) are so supportive of her. I love the scene (view spoiler)
Jessie
Feb 02, 2008 Jessie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Okay, I have to say it was not her best. My favorite part was when Michael finally emailed her. I have to say that I really just didn't like how she agreed with Michael about breaking up. I expected him to come back, or take her abck, in this book. I have to say it was a let down for me. I hope Michael comes back, I liked him.
Nikita the bookworm
Perfect piece of fluff!
Muse-ic
Abby
May 25, 2013 Abby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own-it, summer-2013
This is the first book in this series that I felt I could make a full-sized review on and that's because I think this one was my favorite so far.

Characters:
Mia: I finally fully loved Mia's character in a book. I think she changed and grew a lot from the last book and she's finally realizing things that need to be realized. I almost think she's more relatable now that she's gone through her transformation. Her breakdown was believable and consistent with her character through the series.
Sarah Actually
Jul 30, 2015 Sarah Actually rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
Mia kicks ass in this one.
Sara Saif
May 08, 2016 Sara Saif rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: its-a-tie
It was better than expected and I had a pretty decent time reading it. I am beginning to hope that maybe, just maybe Mia will grow up after all. There were some major developments. Lana Weinberger finally came over her animosity towards Mia. That was a major step forward. And Mia finally grew in places she frequently whined about in like, the first 5 books (THANK GOD for that). Mia's depression over her breakup with Michael and her emotional state was something I was intrigued by. I didn't feel ...more
Emily
Aug 21, 2015 Emily rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really, really enjoyed this one.

I think Mia has finally started to grow up. She's not perfect, of course, and she was still naively oblivious to J.P.'s feelings, but I think she'll be a lot more mature in the next book as a result of everything in this one.

I adored Tina. She was SO great to Mia and was completely adorable. It felt like we saw more of her and I'm so happy about that. I will NEVER forgive Lilly after this, though. No matter what Mia does or says, Lilly is forever on my bad side
Salma Issah
First of all, I can't believe I just read this one.

To be fair, I didn't plan to do it . Read it I mean. On account of Mia's reasons, no offence but were completely stupid and irrational. I mean who does that ! Seriously. Anyway, Lily and J.P were so totally annoying.

Overall, 3 stars.
Howdy YAL
Apr 07, 2015 Howdy YAL rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
To see full binge review click here.

This was a really well book except…

Mia’s not clinically depressed.

I’m sorry.

She was only in her pajamas for a week.

Try living with someone who is clinically depressed and then try saying Mia is depressed.

Um, no.

That’s from my own personal experience though. Maybe if I hadn’t grown up with someone who suffered from depression, I wouldn’t have mind Dr. Knutz evaluation so much.

And Mia’s parents, you really didn’t need to send her to a shrink. My parents would’ve
hpboy13
May 25, 2016 hpboy13 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-of-ya
Picking up right where #8 left off, this book shows Mia growing up and realizing who her true friends are. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

ETA 7 years later: Princess Mia continues the rejuvenation of the series that began in PD #8, building on its strengths to tell a compelling story while maintaining the series’ signature humor. Cabot does a great job showing Mia’s descent into depression, as well as her recovery. She also FINALLY addresses the fact that Lilly is pretty much the worst friend of all ti
Rachel Brand
When I started to read this book I was worried that it was going to be another pathetic story full of whining and moaning from Mia, much like books 4 - 7, but thankfully Mia's depressive period didn't last for too long. There were some things which I liked about this book: the absence of Michael, who I always thought was unsuited for Mia; the absence of Lilly, who Mia should learn to stand up to; the story about the diary of Mia's ancestor, which was quite interesting; the subplot about Kenny - ...more
Brandy
There are some books I read where I wrestle with my conscience: to list it on GoodReads, or not? And so far I've always come down on the side of listing them all, even though they may not all be books I want to cop to reading. I'm listing this one and not putting it in my update feed. Maybe it'll sneak under my Smart Friends' radars, because I read this and I feel a deep shame for that fact.

Somehow I've managed to avoid the Clique/Gossip Girl/A-List types, but this series has sucked me in and wo
Krista
Jun 20, 2015 Krista rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, 2015, library
Slightly proud of Mia in this book but also half the time I was like MIA GO TALK TO LILLY/MICHAEL/TINA/J.P. Like she needed to but just won't (but I totally understand that and need to work on that as well.) It's nice to see Mia getting the help that she needs but everything seemed to be piling up too much for Mia. And yo Lilly, that's just so rude. Not really liking her. And so proud for Mia taking a stand at the end. Good job!
4/5
Emma
Oct 21, 2008 Emma rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: um, no one.
Shelves: meg-cabot, romance
Anisha
Jun 24, 2008 Anisha rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Alina
May 23, 2016 Alina rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-polish
Okay, this one wasn't as bad as the last few ones.
Sabil.imanecasablancaamericanschool.com
« It’s just that it’s someone who’s dead for four hundred years. »(Cabot,262) Princess Mia written by the renowned author that won different series of awards, Meg Cabot. Mia Thermopolis growing up in a royal teenage life getting to know her life out in new york city after knowing she was the princess of genovia. The young lady’s life changes from living in a pint house down the corner of a small town to a big, magnificent house full of green space. She still didn’t figure her path in her new lif ...more
Mikochin
Buku pertama di 2015!

Meski tidak terlalu bangga dengan buku ini sebagai pilihan bacaan di awal tahun, tapi setidaknya saya berhasil menyelesaikannya--tidak seperti setumpuk buku lain yang saya kumpulkan sepanjang 2014, dibaca beberapa halaman, lalu ditinggalkan berdebu di salah satu rak atau atas lemari atau di mana saja, hingga berdebu.

Mia Thermopolis masih seheboh biasanya, dan selalu rajin menuliskan setiap detail terkecil kehidupannyaa dalam buku harian--satu hal yang sampai saat ini masih t
Sophia Dell'Aquila
At first I was a little disappointed with this book and the obsessive nature it took with a certain relationship. As I continued reading, I realised that it was actually meant to be that way for a reason. It still annoyed me, but not as much when I found out why it had become to 'important'. A lot of things happened that I felt should have had more focus but they didn't. However, in the last few pages (I say this a LOT in my reviews for the books in this series), something happens that makes me ...more
Melanie
Aug 20, 2008 Melanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A deliciously stark contrast to my life right now - all problems can be solved in 200 short pages and there's the obligatory happy ending. Ah, bliss. And oh, if only my life worked that way!
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥

In Dept

Best Part:
There was an end!
Worst Part: MIA
Thoughts Had: Sheesh; Ok stop; GET OVER IT!

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
Recommending:eh

Short Review: I am now done with Mia. This book was the last straw. Micheal breaks up with you and you de
Anum
Mia needs THERAPY?????

After her break-up with Michael and her falling out with her Lily, poor Mia is so depressed, she finds herself in a hole from which she can't really seem to find a way out. While Lily constantly ignores her, Michael starts emailing her as if nothing ever happened between them and the are friends just like they had been before the dance. On the other hand, J.P. has started to finally show his true feelings for Mia, persuing for a relationship.

In all this drama, Mia discover
Vicki
Nov 11, 2012 Vicki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sweet-and-sour
I got this Meg Cabot book from my school library. It is one of 3 our school has out of about 25 that I looked up in an effort to save money. I am glad Princess Mia is one of the three.

In this book the main character is really likable. She is in that stage of her life where she learns that she has some growing up to do, one of which is learning to stand up for herself. (I just read another book with this theme.) Young adults all have to learn the knack of standing up for themselves in life.

One as
Meg Cabot Fan Club: Princess Mia 1 5 Oct 31, 2013 02:14PM
Nothing But The Truth 6 27 Sep 29, 2012 03:22AM
Princes Diaries 4 35 Sep 07, 2012 05:45PM
  • Almost Alice (Alice, #20)
  • Spells & Sleeping Bags (Magic in Manhattan, #3)
  • Love Is a Many Trousered Thing (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #8)
  • Kitty Kitty (Bad Kitty, #2)
  • The Princess & the Pauper
  • Under the Rose (Secret Society Girl, #2)
  • Girl, Going on 17: Pants on Fire (Jess Jordan, #3)
  • Kiss the Bride
  • Tempted (It Girl, #6)
  • Stealing Princes

More about Meg Cabot...

The Princess Diaries (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1)
  • Princess in the Spotlight (The Princess Diaries, #2)
  • Princess in Love (The Princess Diaries, #3)
  • Princess in Waiting (The Princess Diaries, #4)
  • Princess in Pink (The Princess Diaries, #5)
  • Princess in Training (The Princess Diaries, #6)
  • Party Princess (The Princess Diaries, #7)
  • Princess on the Brink (The Princess Diaries, #8)
  • Forever Princess (The Princess Diaries, #10)
  • Royal Wedding (The Princess Diaries, #11)

“Michael has never cried during a Broadway show. Except in that scene where Tarzan's ape father is brutally murdered.

And that was only because he was laughing so hard.”
71 likes
“The first thing we did was change all the clocks so that her siblings thought it was bedtime, then put them to bed ignoring their plaintive protests that they were not tired. They wept themselves to sleep soon enough.” 12 likes