Start by marking “Princess Mia (The Princess Diaries, #9)” as Want to Read:
Princess Mia (The Princess Diaries, #9)

Princess Mia (The Princess Diaries #9)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  16,091 ratings  ·  466 reviews

A princess on her own . . .

Mia has been invited to speak at a gala for Domina Rei, an elite society of powerful businesswomen. But what could she possibly have to say? Now that Michael has broken things off, Mia can barely get out of bed, and her parents are making her see a therapist. School, where Lilly still refuses to speak to her and Lana suddenly wants to be bff,

Published October 6th 2009 by HarperCollins (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Princess Mia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Princess Mia

Jessica (priceiswong)
So glad this little lull is over and these books are back to being awesome! Just ONE book stands between me and A Royal Wedding!! I'm hoping to finish both this week!
Chelsea Goranson
Shout out to Mia for FINALLY making positive decisions that don't just center around herself. Can't wait to for her to finally pull her head out of her ass. ALSO OMG ONLY ONE BOOK LEFT UNTIL I CAN READ THE ROYAL WEDDING SQUEEEEEEEE
Shannon (leaninglights)
More princess stuff! YES. I really enjoyed this one and got choked up a few times as well. Very interested to see where the story is headed. On to book ten!
Erin
Hmmm.

This book was fighting a losing battle against itself.

What do I mean by that? I guess... just that parts of it were great; other parts made me want to barf. Which, for me, makes it a typical Meg Cabot experience. I feel like we're destined to not click, Meg and I.

The Great
Maybe it's just that I've read so many of Mia's diaries, but these characters are starting to find a place in my heart. Especially Tina and Boris. Bless their hearts. (Lilly, too, is starting to feel like a real person...
Katie
Ooh, look, I have a review for this one! This is a strong book in the series. Mia really grows up here and starts taking more responsibility for her actions. And I liked her realizing that she SHOULDN'T write Michael, begging himto take her back.

I love the way her friends (I'm not including Lilly in that) are so supportive of her. I love the scene (view spoiler)
Jessie
Okay, I have to say it was not her best. My favorite part was when Michael finally emailed her. I have to say that I really just didn't like how she agreed with Michael about breaking up. I expected him to come back, or take her abck, in this book. I have to say it was a let down for me. I hope Michael comes back, I liked him.
Muse-ic
Sarah Actually
Mia kicks ass in this one.
Emily
I really, really enjoyed this one.

I think Mia has finally started to grow up. She's not perfect, of course, and she was still naively oblivious to J.P.'s feelings, but I think she'll be a lot more mature in the next book as a result of everything in this one.

I adored Tina. She was SO great to Mia and was completely adorable. It felt like we saw more of her and I'm so happy about that. I will NEVER forgive Lilly after this, though. No matter what Mia does or says, Lilly is forever on my bad side
Howdy YAL
To see full binge review click here.

This was a really well book except…

Mia’s not clinically depressed.

I’m sorry.

She was only in her pajamas for a week.

Try living with someone who is clinically depressed and then try saying Mia is depressed.

Um, no.

That’s from my own personal experience though. Maybe if I hadn’t grown up with someone who suffered from depression, I wouldn’t have mind Dr. Knutz evaluation so much.

And Mia’s parents, you really didn’t need to send her to a shrink. My parents would’ve
Abby
This is the first book in this series that I felt I could make a full-sized review on and that's because I think this one was my favorite so far.

Characters:
Mia: I finally fully loved Mia's character in a book. I think she changed and grew a lot from the last book and she's finally realizing things that need to be realized. I almost think she's more relatable now that she's gone through her transformation. Her breakdown was believable and consistent with her character through the series.
Rachel Brand
When I started to read this book I was worried that it was going to be another pathetic story full of whining and moaning from Mia, much like books 4 - 7, but thankfully Mia's depressive period didn't last for too long. There were some things which I liked about this book: the absence of Michael, who I always thought was unsuited for Mia; the absence of Lilly, who Mia should learn to stand up to; the story about the diary of Mia's ancestor, which was quite interesting; the subplot about Kenny - ...more
Brandy
There are some books I read where I wrestle with my conscience: to list it on GoodReads, or not? And so far I've always come down on the side of listing them all, even though they may not all be books I want to cop to reading. I'm listing this one and not putting it in my update feed. Maybe it'll sneak under my Smart Friends' radars, because I read this and I feel a deep shame for that fact.

Somehow I've managed to avoid the Clique/Gossip Girl/A-List types, but this series has sucked me in and wo
Krista
Slightly proud of Mia in this book but also half the time I was like MIA GO TALK TO LILLY/MICHAEL/TINA/J.P. Like she needed to but just won't (but I totally understand that and need to work on that as well.) It's nice to see Mia getting the help that she needs but everything seemed to be piling up too much for Mia. And yo Lilly, that's just so rude. Not really liking her. And so proud for Mia taking a stand at the end. Good job!
4/5
Emma
Oct 21, 2008 Emma rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: um, no one.
Shelves: meg-cabot, romance
Anisha
Mikochin
Buku pertama di 2015!

Meski tidak terlalu bangga dengan buku ini sebagai pilihan bacaan di awal tahun, tapi setidaknya saya berhasil menyelesaikannya--tidak seperti setumpuk buku lain yang saya kumpulkan sepanjang 2014, dibaca beberapa halaman, lalu ditinggalkan berdebu di salah satu rak atau atas lemari atau di mana saja, hingga berdebu.

Mia Thermopolis masih seheboh biasanya, dan selalu rajin menuliskan setiap detail terkecil kehidupannyaa dalam buku harian--satu hal yang sampai saat ini masih t
Melanie
A deliciously stark contrast to my life right now - all problems can be solved in 200 short pages and there's the obligatory happy ending. Ah, bliss. And oh, if only my life worked that way!
Anum
Mia needs THERAPY?????

After her break-up with Michael and her falling out with her Lily, poor Mia is so depressed, she finds herself in a hole from which she can't really seem to find a way out. While Lily constantly ignores her, Michael starts emailing her as if nothing ever happened between them and the are friends just like they had been before the dance. On the other hand, J.P. has started to finally show his true feelings for Mia, persuing for a relationship.

In all this drama, Mia discover
Vicki
I got this Meg Cabot book from my school library. It is one of 3 our school has out of about 25 that I looked up in an effort to save money. I am glad Princess Mia is one of the three.

In this book the main character is really likable. She is in that stage of her life where she learns that she has some growing up to do, one of which is learning to stand up for herself. (I just read another book with this theme.) Young adults all have to learn the knack of standing up for themselves in life.

One as
Jessica
This was one of the better ones of this series, to which I am totally and completely addicted. I laugh until I cry every time, but this one was actually . . . well, kinda serious, and that's a good thing. Michael has broken up with Mia, Lilly's not talking to her, she's discovered a terrible secret about Genovian history, and Cabot handles it all expertly. I've seen this book criticized for making light of depression, since Mia's parents send her to therapy because she's upset about Michael. As ...more
Tigger
FOR CHRISSAKES, MIA, SHUT. UP.
I've endured your "i love michael does he love me omg he doesn't" for eight books, just praying he would break up with you and you would grow a brain. But clearly this whole "now i don't have a boy who will listen to my every stupid freaking whim and freak!out" thing was not very liberating for you.

This book, the ninth in a series of ten which has been running for a number of years and has spawned a number of totally irrelevant side books and two successful movies
Jeannygrey
Между девятым томом злоключений принцессы Мии и вторым томом тоски зеленой про Эдварда и Беллу - всего несколько месяцев не в пользу Мег Кэбот (помните, были такие годы - 2006 и 2007).
К счастью, в тексте разница чуть ли не в десятилетия и уже в пользу Кэбот.
И, хорошо, я не беру в расчет "драматический" кидалт про депрессии, потому что читайте это все сами, пожалуйста, но в своей весовой категории Кэбот уделала всех - настолько правильно и универсально у нее получилось.
~☆laura
I miss Michael :-( lol I hate Jp with an absolute passion I am gutted please say Mia comes to her senses in the next book!!!! okay sorry I had to get that out the way things I really liked about the book; mia is really growing up and now has a shrink who I totally love I really felt for her in the beginning struggling to come to terms with her break up. Grandmere once again never fails to disappoint and I loved the bomb shell mia dropped on them at the end!! dont even get me started on lily lol ...more
kari
Mia has a complete pity party for herself, resulting in being forcibly taken to therapy and the girl needs help so, thankfully, she is getting it.
She seems to be having a difficult time owning up to her mistakes and her inability to see that she has hurt other people, purposely or not, well, that got on my nerves. Lilly has every right to be angry with her(not that I condone her behavior afterward) and Mia saying she doesn't even know what she's done to make Lilly angry make Mia seems very self-
Shinjini
I don’t even know what to feel about these books anymore. Mia did grow up a little but even then, she still hurt people with her actions. She meant well but sometimes I wish she would think a little before doing anything. There is a lot of change happening in this one, Michael tells Mia they should just go back to being friends, Lilly stops talking to her and does pretty rude things throughout, Tina, bless her, is the one true friend Mia has had, I just wish she had understood that before. Mia a ...more
Jenna
Princess Mia is one of my favorite characters. Reading her at a different age has given me a lot of perspective on why I like her so much. She actually sticks up for herself in this installment, loves her family, and is just trying to get through life one day at a time. I really just want to her to get back with Michael and I feel this J.P. business is unnecessary. I did not care for the inclusion of Lana Weinberger. She's a bully, but at least we got to see a different side of her? Tina and Bor ...more
Xiao Lin
Princess Mia had lost interest in life,her boyfriend Michael broke up with her and her best friend Lilly which was also Michael's sister was not talking to her.Michael had mistaken Mia,Mia and J.P had accidentally kiss at a theater and Michael saws it which break up with Mia and flew to Japan without letting Mia explain.Mia had been frustrated and skipping school And stay home waiting for Michael's phone call.Mia hadn't take a shower for days which made the people caring for her to be upset.J.P ...more
Meg Cabot Fan Club: Princess Mia 1 5 Oct 31, 2013 02:14PM
Nothing But The Truth 6 25 Sep 29, 2012 03:22AM
Princes Diaries 4 34 Sep 07, 2012 05:45PM
  • Stop in the Name of Pants! (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #9)
  • Stealing Princes
  • All But Alice (Alice, #4)
  • The Princess & the Pauper
  • Spells & Sleeping Bags (Magic in Manhattan, #3)
  • Infamous (It Girl, #7)
  • Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen (Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, #1)
  • These Boots Are Made for Stalking (The Clique, #12)
  • Paparazzi Princess (Secrets of My Hollywood Life, #4)
  • Girls in Tears (Girls, #4)
  • l8r, g8r (Internet Girls, #3)

More about Meg Cabot...

The Princess Diaries (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1)
  • Princess in the Spotlight (The Princess Diaries, #2)
  • Princess in Love (The Princess Diaries, #3)
  • Princess in Waiting (The Princess Diaries, #4)
  • Princess in Pink (The Princess Diaries, #5)
  • Princess in Training (The Princess Diaries, #6)
  • Party Princess (The Princess Diaries, #7)
  • Princess on the Brink (The Princess Diaries, #8)
  • Forever Princess (The Princess Diaries, #10)
  • Royal Wedding (The Princess Diaries, #11)
The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1) Size 12 Is Not Fat (Heather Wells, #1) All-American Girl (All-American Girl, #1) Shadowland (The Mediator, #1) Queen of Babble (Queen of Babble, #1)

“Michael has never cried during a Broadway show. Except in that scene where Tarzan's ape father is brutally murdered.

And that was only because he was laughing so hard.”
67 likes
“The first thing we did was change all the clocks so that her siblings thought it was bedtime, then put them to bed ignoring their plaintive protests that they were not tired. They wept themselves to sleep soon enough.” 12 likes