Start by marking “Princess Mia (The Princess Diaries, #9)” as Want to Read:
Princess Mia (The Princess Diaries, #9)

Princess Mia (The Princess Diaries #9)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  15,653 ratings  ·  442 reviews

A princess on her own . . .

Mia has been invited to speak at a gala for Domina Rei, an elite society of powerful businesswomen. But what could she possibly have to say? Now that Michael has broken things off, Mia can barely get out of bed, and her parents are making her see a therapist. School, where Lilly still refuses to speak to her and Lana suddenly wants to be bff,

Published October 6th 2009 by HarperCollins (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Princess Mia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Princess Mia

Jessica (priceiswong)
So glad this little lull is over and these books are back to being awesome! Just ONE book stands between me and A Royal Wedding!! I'm hoping to finish both this week!
Erin
Hmmm.

This book was fighting a losing battle against itself.

What do I mean by that? I guess... just that parts of it were great; other parts made me want to barf. Which, for me, makes it a typical Meg Cabot experience. I feel like we're destined to not click, Meg and I.

The Great
Maybe it's just that I've read so many of Mia's diaries, but these characters are starting to find a place in my heart. Especially Tina and Boris. Bless their hearts. (Lilly, too, is starting to feel like a real person...
Katie
Ooh, look, I have a review for this one! This is a strong book in the series. Mia really grows up here and starts taking more responsibility for her actions. And I liked her realizing that she SHOULDN'T write Michael, begging himto take her back.

I love the way her friends (I'm not including Lilly in that) are so supportive of her. I love the scene (view spoiler)
Jessie
Okay, I have to say it was not her best. My favorite part was when Michael finally emailed her. I have to say that I really just didn't like how she agreed with Michael about breaking up. I expected him to come back, or take her abck, in this book. I have to say it was a let down for me. I hope Michael comes back, I liked him.
Howdy YAL
To see full binge review click here.

This was a really well book except…

Mia’s not clinically depressed.

I’m sorry.

She was only in her pajamas for a week.

Try living with someone who is clinically depressed and then try saying Mia is depressed.

Um, no.

That’s from my own personal experience though. Maybe if I hadn’t grown up with someone who suffered from depression, I wouldn’t have mind Dr. Knutz evaluation so much.

And Mia’s parents, you really didn’t need to send her to a shrink. My parents would’ve
Abby
This is the first book in this series that I felt I could make a full-sized review on and that's because I think this one was my favorite so far.

Characters:
Mia: I finally fully loved Mia's character in a book. I think she changed and grew a lot from the last book and she's finally realizing things that need to be realized. I almost think she's more relatable now that she's gone through her transformation. Her breakdown was believable and consistent with her character through the series.
Rachel Brand
When I started to read this book I was worried that it was going to be another pathetic story full of whining and moaning from Mia, much like books 4 - 7, but thankfully Mia's depressive period didn't last for too long. There were some things which I liked about this book: the absence of Michael, who I always thought was unsuited for Mia; the absence of Lilly, who Mia should learn to stand up to; the story about the diary of Mia's ancestor, which was quite interesting; the subplot about Kenny - ...more
Brandy
There are some books I read where I wrestle with my conscience: to list it on GoodReads, or not? And so far I've always come down on the side of listing them all, even though they may not all be books I want to cop to reading. I'm listing this one and not putting it in my update feed. Maybe it'll sneak under my Smart Friends' radars, because I read this and I feel a deep shame for that fact.

Somehow I've managed to avoid the Clique/Gossip Girl/A-List types, but this series has sucked me in and wo
Krista
Slightly proud of Mia in this book but also half the time I was like MIA GO TALK TO LILLY/MICHAEL/TINA/J.P. Like she needed to but just won't (but I totally understand that and need to work on that as well.) It's nice to see Mia getting the help that she needs but everything seemed to be piling up too much for Mia. And yo Lilly, that's just so rude. Not really liking her. And so proud for Mia taking a stand at the end. Good job!
4/5
Emma
Oct 21, 2008 Emma rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: um, no one.
Shelves: meg-cabot, romance
Anisha
Mikochin
Buku pertama di 2015!

Meski tidak terlalu bangga dengan buku ini sebagai pilihan bacaan di awal tahun, tapi setidaknya saya berhasil menyelesaikannya--tidak seperti setumpuk buku lain yang saya kumpulkan sepanjang 2014, dibaca beberapa halaman, lalu ditinggalkan berdebu di salah satu rak atau atas lemari atau di mana saja, hingga berdebu.

Mia Thermopolis masih seheboh biasanya, dan selalu rajin menuliskan setiap detail terkecil kehidupannyaa dalam buku harian--satu hal yang sampai saat ini masih t
Anum
Mia needs THERAPY?????

After her break-up with Michael and her falling out with her Lily, poor Mia is so depressed, she finds herself in a hole from which she can't really seem to find a way out. While Lily constantly ignores her, Michael starts emailing her as if nothing ever happened between them and the are friends just like they had been before the dance. On the other hand, J.P. has started to finally show his true feelings for Mia, persuing for a relationship.

In all this drama, Mia discover
Vicki
I got this Meg Cabot book from my school library. It is one of 3 our school has out of about 25 that I looked up in an effort to save money. I am glad Princess Mia is one of the three.

In this book the main character is really likable. She is in that stage of her life where she learns that she has some growing up to do, one of which is learning to stand up for herself. (I just read another book with this theme.) Young adults all have to learn the knack of standing up for themselves in life.

One as
Jessica
This was one of the better ones of this series, to which I am totally and completely addicted. I laugh until I cry every time, but this one was actually . . . well, kinda serious, and that's a good thing. Michael has broken up with Mia, Lilly's not talking to her, she's discovered a terrible secret about Genovian history, and Cabot handles it all expertly. I've seen this book criticized for making light of depression, since Mia's parents send her to therapy because she's upset about Michael. As ...more
Tigger
FOR CHRISSAKES, MIA, SHUT. UP.
I've endured your "i love michael does he love me omg he doesn't" for eight books, just praying he would break up with you and you would grow a brain. But clearly this whole "now i don't have a boy who will listen to my every stupid freaking whim and freak!out" thing was not very liberating for you.

This book, the ninth in a series of ten which has been running for a number of years and has spawned a number of totally irrelevant side books and two successful movies
~☆laura
I miss Michael :-( lol I hate Jp with an absolute passion I am gutted please say Mia comes to her senses in the next book!!!! okay sorry I had to get that out the way things I really liked about the book; mia is really growing up and now has a shrink who I totally love I really felt for her in the beginning struggling to come to terms with her break up. Grandmere once again never fails to disappoint and I loved the bomb shell mia dropped on them at the end!! dont even get me started on lily lol ...more
kari
Mia has a complete pity party for herself, resulting in being forcibly taken to therapy and the girl needs help so, thankfully, she is getting it.
She seems to be having a difficult time owning up to her mistakes and her inability to see that she has hurt other people, purposely or not, well, that got on my nerves. Lilly has every right to be angry with her(not that I condone her behavior afterward) and Mia saying she doesn't even know what she's done to make Lilly angry make Mia seems very self-
Xiao Lin
Princess Mia had lost interest in life,her boyfriend Michael broke up with her and her best friend Lilly which was also Michael's sister was not talking to her.Michael had mistaken Mia,Mia and J.P had accidentally kiss at a theater and Michael saws it which break up with Mia and flew to Japan without letting Mia explain.Mia had been frustrated and skipping school And stay home waiting for Michael's phone call.Mia hadn't take a shower for days which made the people caring for her to be upset.J.P ...more
Fiona
This one is hard to evaluate. I don't like anything that happens in this book, but I still don't think that is necessarily a reason to hate the book. The pacing is a little annoying and JP is the worst character ever. It's not a fun book to read. But I don't know if I'd call it a bad book. I'm still conflicted.
Kellie
Sophie Trier
Kim
Erin
Oh Mia! Michael is gone, your best friend hates you and your worst enemy wants to be your new bestie - what's a girl to do?! Cabot hits another homerun with this charming installment. I can't wait for the 10th (and final) Princess Diaries book.
Britney Ou
The book Princess Mia(The Princess Diaries, #9) is published by the New York Times bestselling author Meg Cabot. I think the genre that best fits this book is realistic fiction because the characters in the book acted very familiar to the people in real life. For example, in the book Michael was leaving for Japan and Mia think that Michael hate her so she is really heartbroken and now her friend Lilly hate her for stealing her boyfriends and starting a website on disliking Mia. All this that ha ...more
Emily
The last couple of volumes in The Princess Diaries series have had a more serious tone, while still managing to be funny and light hearted. This is my favorite princess diaries book I have read since the first three because I felt like I could relate to it. The first 60 pages of this novel, where Mia couldn't get out of bed because she felt so depressed, is exactly how I FEEL sometimes. It might not make total sense, under what might not seem like dyer circumstances, but it feels substantial and ...more
Melanie
A deliciously stark contrast to my life right now - all problems can be solved in 200 short pages and there's the obligatory happy ending. Ah, bliss. And oh, if only my life worked that way!
Saori Luna
Acercandome al final de la serie!
Es bueno que haya trama más allá de las tipicas cosas adolescentes de Mia!
Riema
MIA THERMOPOLIS AND MICHAEL MOSCOVITZ IS STILL AND FOREVER WILL BE MY OTP.
so, f u, JP! kidding.
Meg Cabot Fan Club: Princess Mia 1 5 Oct 31, 2013 02:14PM
Nothing But The Truth 6 25 Sep 29, 2012 03:22AM
Princes Diaries 4 34 Sep 07, 2012 05:45PM
  • Stop in the Name of Pants! (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #9)
  • Spells & Sleeping Bags (Magic in Manhattan, #3)
  • Dangerously Alice (Alice, #19)
  • Tempted (It Girl, #6)
  • Paparazzi Princess (Secrets of My Hollywood Life, #4)
  • Girls Under Pressure (Girls, #2)
  • Stealing Princes
  • Dates, Double Dates and Big, Big Trouble (Ally's World, #2)
  • Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen (Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, #1)
  • Making Waves (Angels Unlimited, #7)
  • Kitty Kitty (Bad Kitty, #2)

More about Meg Cabot...

The Princess Diaries (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1)
  • Princess in the Spotlight (The Princess Diaries, #2)
  • Princess in Love (The Princess Diaries, #3)
  • Princess in Waiting (The Princess Diaries, #4)
  • Princess in Pink (The Princess Diaries, #5)
  • Princess in Training (The Princess Diaries, #6)
  • Party Princess (The Princess Diaries, #7)
  • Princess on the Brink (The Princess Diaries, #8)
  • Forever Princess (The Princess Diaries, #10)
  • Royal Wedding (The Princess Diaries, #11)
The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1) Size 12 Is Not Fat (Heather Wells, #1) All-American Girl (All-American Girl, #1) Shadowland (The Mediator, #1) Queen of Babble (Queen of Babble, #1)

“Michael has never cried during a Broadway show. Except in that scene where Tarzan's ape father is brutally murdered.

And that was only because he was laughing so hard.”
64 likes
“The first thing we did was change all the clocks so that her siblings thought it was bedtime, then put them to bed ignoring their plaintive protests that they were not tired. They wept themselves to sleep soon enough.” 11 likes