Start by marking “Overexposed: A Novel” as Want to Read:
Overexposed: A Novel

Overexposed: A Novel

3.02 of 5 stars 3.02  ·  rating details  ·  96 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Edgy Manhattan shutterbug Rachel Solomon can't wait to escape her difficult Midwestern Jewish family of doctors--and her crazy, condescending WASP friend and photography mentor, Elizabeth Mann. Not so easy when Elizabeth marries Rachel's surgeon-brother, moves to the Midwest, and becomes the daughter Rachel's mother always wanted--one who pops out four babies in a row, who ...more
Published August 3rd 2010 by Thomas Dunne Books

To ask other readers questions about Overexposed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Overexposed

I ate this book up. It was well written and had a good pace. I'm not usually into books like this, but for whatever reason I decided to give it a try and it was worth it. It didn't have an incredibly cliche ending which was great.

I don't understand what Ricky sees in Elizabeth. I would have stopped being friends with her long ago. I also don't understand her revelation at the end that she doesn't spend enough time with her family. It seems that she's spending the time she can and when she does
Amy
I'm giving it 4 stars for humor and well-drawn characters. But I'm giving it 2 stars for plot arc. Seriously, if I wanted to spend this much time hearing someone talk about a toxic relationship when there's never a big climax or a resolution to the story, well, I've got plenty of friends I can call up for that. Is it weird to condemn a book for being TOO much like real life? (Complain, complain, complain, no one ever confronts anybody, nothing ever really happens or changes, complain, complain)
Chivon
This was a cute little book. I like the span of time that this story took you through and how it followed the dynamic of two friends Elizabeth and Ricky.

I enjoyed Ricky' character, she was a sweet girl who was intent on following her dreams and she made it.

I love her sarcasm... Very decent book.
Madge
I liked it but not as much as some of her other works. A good beach read but not sure that is what the author was going for.
Louise Silk
I wanted to read this book because the author is a writing instructor and I had hoped to see a quality piece of writing. It's not.

The best part of the book is the author's ability to write dialogue but after that there is nothing redeeming of note. The characters are insipid and shallow. The plot is boring and uneventful. I can't think of one reason to waste your time with this.
Tracy
I only sort of liked her other fiction book which I reviewed in the last week or two. I've gotten through about 80 pages and I'm not enjoying it. I don't have much else to read so I might just keep on. It's about a photographer who moves to NY and becomes friends with someone who eventually seems to take her place in her family by marrying her brother.
Lisa
I've really enjoyed Susan Shapiro's memoirs. She can be very funny, engaging and observant. For this reason, I found Overexposed disappointing. The pettiness and endless nattering of the main character was tiresome.
Christian
Two thumbs up. Just a good solid story.
Manda
Pretty much every character in this book was unlikeable! It made it really hard to find somebody to root for. On the other hand, this book was a quick and easy read.
Tori
Jul 25, 2011 Tori added it
2010- Ugh. I really didn't care for this book, and I felt too much of the plot was revealed on the inside cover.
Marcia
Hard to like a book when you do not like any of the characters.
Fuschia
Not sure why I bothered to finish this one, pretty lame.
Rhonda
Very good fast reading
Camille
witty
Abby
Abby marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Michelle Bradshaw
Michelle Bradshaw marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Five Men Who Broke My Heart: A Memoir Lighting Up: How I Stopped Smoking, Drinking, and Everything Else I Loved in Life Except Sex Speed Shrinking Only as Good as Your Word: Writing Lessons from My Favorite Literary Gurus Unhooked: How to Quit Anything