Spiritual Discipleship: Principles of Following Christ for Every Believer

Spiritual Discipleship: Principles of Following Christ for Every Believer

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  69 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Jesus' first call to those who would become his followers was a call to discipleship. In this revised edition of Spiritual Discipleship, Sanders details the scriptural components of servanthood. Probing study questions are included.
Published July 1st 2007 by Moody Publishers (first published April 9th 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Spiritual Discipleship, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spiritual Discipleship

Erich
"What does a disciple of Jesus really look like according to scripture?" Oswald Chambers admits that this book is more concerned with answering this question than it is with others like "How do I become that disciple? What steps must I take?" After all, even the Bible itself doesn't give us a step by step guide to achieving this goal. Yet the frank and convicting study of what true discipleship looks like is highly motivating. By painting the picture of a true disciple and his true Master, the r...more
David
This was a good book, chocked full of spiritual values, full of good stuff. It was not nearly as in-depth as "Spiritual Leadership" by the same author. I enjoyed it, learned from it, but it just wasn't as powerful for me personally as the last. I will likely still keep an eye open for spiritual\inspirational books by this same author...

This would be a good book for the new believer. Sanders does a great job of discussing the work of the Holy Spirit and spiritual followship. He speaks of the imp...more
Nicholas Maulucci
a thorough book dealing with being a disciple of Christ. a lot of good information. solid. potatoes, but not much sour cream. a lot of biblical illustrations. challenges. not very provocative though. if you are looking for an explanation of discipleship, this book is for you. if you are looking to be challenged and inspired, listen to a sermon by a red-hot bible preacher.
Joni
Jun 12, 2013 Joni rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any follower of Christ.
This is a wonderful book to help the believer take their call to discipleship to heart. J. Oswald Sanders does a wonderful job of explaining what true discipleship is. I would highly recommend answering the questions (usually only 3) at the end of each chapter to help you evaluate where you are in your discipleship journey.
Jeremy
This book is a good introductory, textbook style treatise on the various aspects of discipleship. Sanders doesn't go deep with any of the topics (purposely), but surveys the traits of a disciple, the habits of a disciple, and the fruit of a disciple.
Rich
Gets to our heart as we seek to step out in faith and disciple others God has placed in our lives. Calling us to be faithful in the call Jesus has given every true believer in Jesus Christ
Brett Wilson
Very strong devotional. Richly geared toward senior high-schoolers and small group Bible studies. Would be nicely paired with Dobson's Life on the Edge for pre-graduation book study.
Janna
Janna added it
Sep 20, 2014
Realiza
Realiza marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Candy Tumlinson
Candy Tumlinson is currently reading it
Jul 27, 2014
Jts
Jts marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Katherine
Katherine is currently reading it
Jun 29, 2014
Tj Anderson
Tj Anderson is currently reading it
Jun 10, 2014
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Vince Stegall
Vince Stegall marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Rochel
Rochel marked it as to-read
May 12, 2014
Josh Smith
Josh Smith marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Jimwell
Jimwell is currently reading it
Apr 30, 2014
Jimwell
Jimwell marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Svetlana Kinny
Svetlana Kinny marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Alby Mathew
Alby Mathew marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Spiritual Leadership Spiritual Maturity The Incomparable Christ: The Person and Work of Jesus Christ Enjoying Intimacy with God Heaven: Better By Far: Answers to Questions About the Believer's Final Hope