Kidnap & Ransom (Kelly Jones Mysteries, #4)

Kidnap & Ransom (Kelly Jones #4)

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  114 ratings  ·  27 reviews
When the world's foremost kidnap and ransom negotiator is snatched by a ruthless drug cartel, Jake Riley becomes ensnared in the effort to save him. But he's up against Los Zetas, an elite paramilitary organization renowned for its ferocity and skill. Now he and his colleagues must navigate the dark underbelly of Mexico, from raging street wars to perilous jungles, in an e...more
Published November 1st 2010 by Mira Books (first published October 13th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Kidnap & Ransom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kidnap & Ransom

Cheryl
Cesar Calderon is CEO of the Tyr Group. An organization that helps with kidnapping and ransoms, especially in foreign countries. Cesar is in Mexico City as a guest speaker. Cesar steps out of the restaurant for a smoke, when he is kidnapped.

Jake Riley works for the Longhorn Group, a rival company to Tyr Group. Jake is also Kelly’s fiancé. When Jake learns that his brother, Mark, who works for Tyr Group has gone missing, he and his team head to Mexico City. Kelly comes along with Jake but for a...more
Walter
Gagnon's best book to date! Action-packed.
Jessica
amazing ... action packed.. sad ending ... so much happens in this book .. although the ending does seem to end the series I hope there is more of Kelly Jones , rodregous, and syd and the crew.. I loved the character's.... this is a book i couldn't put.down a absolute page turner from beginning to end . as the killer from the tunnels reemerges in Mexico ..on a tip from a PI ... Kelly is not.who she used to be begs Jake to let her go.along with him to Mexico to help find Jake's brother Mark... al...more
Giovanni Gelati
It seems I have arrived late for the party yet again. Kidnap & Ransom is Michele Gagnon’s fourth novel, The Gatekeeper, Boneyard and The Tunnels are here other works to date. I am going to get right to the rundown of what the novel is about and then we can discuss it:
“When the world's foremost kidnap and ransom negotiator is snatched by a ruthless drug cartel, Jake Riley becomes ensnared in the effort to save him. But he's up against Los Zetas, an elite paramilitary organization renowned for...more
J.E. Taylor
This was my first introduction to Michelle Gagnon's work and I am very impressed. I understand it's her fourth book in the series, but I didn't feel like I had missed out on the histories and relationships because Ms. Gagnon did a great job of making this a stand alone story and peppering just enough back story to keep the character relationships complex but not to much to dilute the pace.

I loved the fact that I was carried away by the story, completely pulling me in to the point I was no longe...more
MARILYN
A good addition to the Kelly Jones series. This one takes place in Mexico where Jake and his Co. look for a kidnapped businessman and Kelly chases her arch nemesis Stefan. Great action and adventure but a startling conclusion. I can't even guess where this goes next. I recommend it to fans of the series, but
if you haven't read this series start at the beginning.
Lisa A.
Another book that convinces me never to go to Mexico! Besides that the return of serial killer Stephan was as terrifying as his appearance in "The Tunnels". I hope Michelle Gagnon writes another one for adults after her recent foray into Young Adult novels. Overall without giving anything away...another good read from Michelle Gagnon!
Cindy
Engrossing! Very dark read which means to me that it's probably pretty true to life. Had no idea that kidnapping was used that often in various parts of the world. Knew it happened but not to this extent. Characters and their problems are very well drawn and the resolution makes perfect sense.
K
Another book read out of order. Jake works for a kidnap recovery business and his girlfriend Kelly works for the fbi. She is on leave recovering from an accident where she suffers a bka ( in the last book), from Stephan, the evil man. They are having a tough time.
He needs to go to mexico to save his kidnapped boss(irony) and she tags along, hoping to continue her investigation into rumors of her nemesis.
The book is a definite thriller, moving quickly, surprises around every page.I liked the rea...more
Yvonne
Another superb action fueled adventure from Gagnon. Can't wait for the next instalment.
Sheila
At the beginning the CEO of a Kidnap and Ransom company is a guest speaker at a conference in Mexico. He is kidnapped but no ransom is ever requested. A recovery team with Mark Riley as leader is sent to rescue him. The recovery team is kidnapped as well. FBI Kelly Jones is on medical leave after her leg was amputated following an injury while trying to capture a serial killer. Her fiancee, Jake Riley is the co-owner of a competitor Kidnap and Rescue company. Jake's other brother, Chris comes to...more
Kristen
Michelle Gagnon brings up a shocking conclusion to the Kelly Jones thriller series in Kidnap and Ransom. It continues where it left off in the Gatekeeper. More drama and tension are in the air as Kelly deals with the loss of her leg and wearing a prosthetic ankle for her leg, while she's on leave. There's friction with her relationship with Jake, while it takes a backseat for the while. When his brother Mark is missing in action in Mexico, he brings his K&R team along to help rescue Cesar Ca...more
Libby
This is an amazing read! It starts during the Christmas holidays, but quickly moves south to Mexico where a businessman who (ironically) helps retrieve kidnapped victims is himself kidnapped. Gagnon's series protagonist, FBI agent Kelly Jones, shares the spotlight with two security/soldier/hero-type brothers, one of whom is her fiancee, and the shifting points of view of those characters helps build the suspense.

KIDNAP AND RANSOM is relentlessly paced.... it NEVER stops! And just when you thin...more
Kelly
Danielle
Jennie
It was okay. I haven't read any of the others in the series, so I do feel as if that was part of the reason I didn't really connect to the characters. I might go back and read them, not sure. As for the plot, there was definitely a lot going on. The ending surprised me a bit, and yeah, if I were more attached to the characters, I think I would have felt differently.
Martha Ramirez
Author Michelle Gagnon has created an adventurous story with superb characterization—lots of tension and suspense. Kidnap & Ransom is about a world's foremost negotiator who is snatched by a ruthless drug cartel in Mexico.

A very talented writer with very promising stories to tell.

Learn more about Michelle Gagnon: http://michellegagnon.com/

J.R.
Though this novel was inspired by the true story of the kidnap of Felix Batista, an American security consultant, it’s not a copycat of that incident, which remains unresolved.

Michelle Gagnon took the Batista case as inspiration and built upon it an absorbing thriller with enough suspense and plot twists to satisfy any fan of the genre.

Deidre
I loved the first three books in this series. If you have not read them, do NOT start with this one. This is a very dark book, you will ruin reading the first three. Plus, you won't really get a sense of the people. I did not like this as much, and I cannot tell where she might be going. As all of these, it is scary!
April
This was a Goodreads first-reads book. I thought it was an OK book, I just couldn't get into the story or the characters. I just didn't like the shoot em up in the jungle.
I was hoping for more of the mystery and that is not what this is.
Gerrie Finger
I won this book and thank Michelle's publisher for sending it to me. I'm not a fan of capture and chase books or movies, but I got into this one and enjoyed it. The characters move the plot, which I like.
Kristi
I just couldn't get through this one. It did not hold my interest for some reason. I haven't read the previous books in the series, and I haven't been able to get into the characters.
Dena Beck
Not my favorite in the series, a few slow spots. But, I'm still grabbing the next book in the group.
Trisha
This book was ok, it just wasn't my cup of tea but well written. I'm just not into kidnapping and ransom.
Landy
Jan 17, 2011 Landy marked it as to-read
Thank you Goodreads First Reads for this free copy to read. Waiting to recieve it.
Patti
very good, but a most surprising ending....never expected it.
Mark
Not bad, but a bit formulaic.
Hhkk Jui
Hhkk Jui marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Kiki Bucheva
Kiki Bucheva marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Senator
Senator marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • To Die in Mexico: Dispatches from Inside the Drug War
  • The Network
  • Prime Time
  • Exact Revenge
  • The Orpheus Deception (Agent Micah Dalton, #2)
  • Live to Tell (Live to Tell #1)
  • Season of the Witch (Einar, #4)
  • The Screaming Room
  • Thief (The Brides of Alba #2)
  • In the Dark: In the Dark / Person of Interest
  • The Guilty (Henry Parker, #2)
  • The Terror of Living
  • Out of Mind (Court of Angels, #2)
  • Edge of Black (Dr. Samantha Owens #2)
  • Deep Down
  • The Hadrian Memorandum
  • The Street Where She Lives (South Village Singles, #4)
  • Signs in the Blood (An Elizabeth Goodweather Appalachian Mystery #1)
Michelle Gagnon is a former modern dancer, bartender, dog walker, model, personal trainer, and Russian supper club performer. Her bestselling adult thrillers THE TUNNELS, BONEYARD, THE GATEKEEPER, and KIDNAP & RANSOM have been published in North America, France, Denmark, Spain, Argentina, Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Australia. BONEYARD was a finalist for a 2009 Daphne du Maurier Award for Exc...more
More about Michelle Gagnon...
Don't Turn Around (PERSEF0NE, #1) Don't Look Now (PERSEF0NE, #2) Strangelets The Tunnels (Kelly Jones Mysteries, #1) Boneyard (Kelly Jones Mysteries, #2)