Start by marking “Summer Lovin' (Costas Sisters, #2)” as Want to Read:
Summer Lovin' (Costas Sisters, #2)

Summer Lovin' (Costas Sisters #2)

3.69  ·  Rating Details ·  2,069 Ratings  ·  88 Reviews
Zoe's a security specialist and a Costas through and through. Her eccentric, rather dubious family runs an Atlantic City spa that's just this side of legit. So Zoe isn't inclined to trust handsome, charming Ryan Baldwin when he shows up claiming to be related to Sam, the girl the Costas family is about to adopt. But Ryan "is" Sam's uncle and one of the famously rich and sn ...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published July 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Summer Lovin', please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer Lovin'

Amy
Apr 17, 2015 Amy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: needs-an-editor
Have you ever read a book so poorly written you just want to break through years of reserve and upbringing and swear like a sailor? I didn’t throw Summer Lovin’ by Carly Phillips across the room…but I came close. I didn’t finish the first book in this series, Under the Boardwalk because the insta-lust overwhelmed any half-way interesting plot point 10 pages in. Summer Lovin’ kept me interested long enough that I figured I should just finish…a decision I regret.
Summer Lovin’ tells the story of Z
Elena
Meh - it was ok, but definitely nothing to write home about! As far as romances go - it was neither interesteing enough nor steamy enough. As far as characters go - they were not fully developped and annoying most of the time. As far as the mystery went - what mystery!?

Zoe had zero reasons to be afraid of commitment and zero valid explanations for it, so her "running away" and excuses of "i'm not cut out for this" just seemed neurotic... It was extremely annoying to see her running away from a
Barb
Mar 22, 2013 Barb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Zoe's a security specialist and a Costas through and through. Her eccentric, rather dubious family runs an Atlantic City spa that's just this side of legit. So Zoe isn't inclined to trust handsome, charming Ryan Baldwin when he shows up claiming to be related to Sam, the girl the Costas family is about to adopt. But Ryan is Sam's uncle and one of the famously rich and snooty Boston Baldwins.
Ryan's search for his sister Faith has led him to news of her death, and to a niece he's never met. But so
Andrea Guy
Oct 15, 2009 Andrea Guy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love a good chicklit and Carly Phillips always delivers a good one. This one is the tale of a crazy Greek Jersey family and a conservative Boston family that share a common bond; a 14 year old girl named Samantha.

The heroine, Zoe is one of the Costas clan and the hero is Ryan is Sam's new found uncle from the Boston Baldwins, a family that owns a big department store in the city.

Ryan has come in search of Sam, who is his runaway sister's only child, and one who has been suffled through foster
Nia Imani
Apr 02, 2009 Nia Imani rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
From the description, I picked up this book looking forward to romance and perhaps even a murder mystery.

As far as the romance went, I felt like the characters kind of rushed into a physical relationship. Then, because it did that, I felt like there wasn't much to look forward to because, well, we knew they were going to get together, but watching Zoe get over her hang-ups just wasn't very interesting, in my opinion.

Then, there really wasn't much of a mystery. I won't spoil the story, but I jus
Lissy Peace
OK, so what's with the title? Being from the Midwest I love to read fun books about the warm summer. Who named this book? I think someone got it mixed up with another title. This title has nothing to do with summer, driving around in a convertible, and especially the hot, romantic flings that happen in the summer. This book was actually very sad and depressing. It was about the horrible foster care system that currently exists in the US. How one little girl could get shuffled around the foster c ...more
Jen
Mar 23, 2013 Jen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
First off let me start by saying that Carly Phillips is one of my favorite romance authors, in saying that I was very disappointed with this series. Worst series I read in a long while. This book was slightly better than the first book. Although I gave Under the Boardwalk one star, I read the second book because when I start a series I feel like I have to finish it. All I can say is the best reading in this series involved Spank the monkey and Ima the pig!
Char (1RadReader59)
I loved this continuation of the of the Costas family antics. Carly as such a way of making them so endearing to us the readers. This book was about the other twin Zoe & man claiming to be Sam's uncle (Sam is her soon to be new adoptive sister the man claiming to be the uncle is named Ryan Baldwin. Zoe's not looking or even ready for a relationship but the chemistry is hot upon meeting Ryan for the first time. There are not as many antics as the first book nut enough to keep you interested.
Nina
Jan 07, 2014 Nina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good love story

I would definitely recommend this book! kept me interested the whole time and made me tear up a little in the end
Rdpoll
Shelves: romance, humor
jenjn79
Samantha
Dec 19, 2007 Samantha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After reading other reviews, I expected to be disappointed with this book after really enjoying Under the Boardwalk. I'm not going to write a plot summary but it does continue the family sagas of the Costas family started in Under the Boarwalk. I just enjoyed that this is a quick read. No it's not Carly Phillips' best book, but it still is enjoyable. I already loved a lot of the characters and feel this is why a lot of other reviewers didn't like it because it builds on what was already establis ...more
Cindy
Sep 18, 2015 Cindy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Contemporary romance with unprotected sex. They DO have a conversation about birth control & sexual health.
This is the 2nd in a 2 book series. 15 chapters with slightly larger than usual print. Copyright 2006.

I actually bought this book when it first came out & I didn't like it much. Now, years later, I reread it & it's OK. I don't know if this is considered a "good" Carly Phillips book. I was never tempted to buy another to find out if she's written better.

Zoe & her family
Kris - My Novelesque Life
3.5 STARS

"Zoe's a security specialist and a Costas through and through. Her eccentric, rather dubious family runs an Atlantic City spa that's just this side of legit. So Zoe isn't inclined to trust handsome, charming Ryan Baldwin when he shows up claiming to be related to Sam, the girl the Costas family is about to adopt. But Ryan "is" Sam's uncle and one of the famously rich and snooty Boston Baldwins. Ryan's search for his sister Faith has led him to news of her death, and to a niece he's neve
Karschtl
Even if I do read even sappy chick-lit novels from time to time, I don't like it if there are two characters meeting in the beginning, knowing that for some reason or other they are absolutely not right for each other, but feeling an instant attraction toward each other that neither them nor the reader can understand. For me this always feels very constructed. 'From taking just one look at each other they felt a certain bond'. Bla bla. You can feel lust, granted. But you cannot be deeply in love ...more
Ashlyn
Aug 14, 2014 Ashlyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-owned
Loved this book! It was hard to get into at first, but it was a fun read and opens your mind up.
Harlequin Romance Novel.

Sam is a girl whose mother got killed, but why and who killed her?

Sam's uncle finds the girl and goes to her foster home; where he lies about who he is so he can observe what the girl lives in. Next, he ends up following in love with Zoe. Sam finally gets to meet Ryan's family, but how will they respond to his family?

Ryan came from a very conservative family,Zoe and Sam were n
Tina
Jun 22, 2014 Tina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall: 3/5
Pace: 4/5
Characters: 2/5
Romance: 2/5
Emotion (Laughs/Tears): 1/5
Dialog: 3/5
Enjoyment: 3/5

Initially, I was really digging this book. The pace was so refreshing after the snooze-fest I had just finished reading! I zoomed through the first 30% or so in 1 day. Pretty rare for me. But, with the good pace, I raised my expectations for everything else and wound up being rather disappointed. The biggest problems I had were with the characters (not much depth to them, no tension or witty bante
Jessica
Good romantic story and interesting story line that showed the life of fostering and attempting adoption of a teenager.
I will definitly look for more of this author's books.

[regarding the possible sell/swap of this book, the copy is good condition library withdrawl. I know there are some sort of legal issues with the selling of ex-library books, so I guess if someone would just be interested in a swap. Perhaps for another ex-library book.]
Anna
Feb 08, 2013 Anna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Super schönes Buch! :)
Der erste Teil mit Ari war schon toll aber die Geschichte zwischen Zoe und Ryan gefiel mir nch tausendmal besser. So stell ich mir einen schönen und mit einem happy end versehenen Liebesroman vor! (nicht immer hat Carly Phillips einen Epilog am Schluss und diesen habe ich umso mehr geliebt, denn es ist was besonderes)
Eine klare Empfehlung für die Costas-Reihe von Carly Phillips! ;)
Thea Zhu
By far not as good as the first volume "Under the Boardwalk". I was expecting more from this second book because I already liked Zoe's character from descriptions before - the opposite of Ari, more bold, fun and straightforward. However when I finally met her in this book she turned out to be a bit like a washed-out version of what I was expecting.

Nevertheless, I still adore the Costas-Clan as the whole family!
Erin
Mar 03, 2008 Erin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Carly Phillips fans
Shelves: romance
A fine contemporary romance featuring runaways, foster care, police, gypsies, a day spa, a pet pig and the jersey shore. The female protagonist is a former FBI and secret service agent. The male lead is slightly beta and a rich, Boston lawyer. So aside from the overly complicated setting and characters, it's fine.
As12600
Fun read. Like the characters.

The Costas have come to point of adopting foster child Sam, Long lost uncle Ryan appears after many years to claim the child. Zoe Costa finds him of interest, Ryan sees how happy his niece is within the crazy family.
Good storyline with huge contrast between families values.
April Suter
The Costas twin's love life continues! As the crazy family celebrates Sam's first anniversary as part of their family, her unknown uncle, Ryan shows up. Just as sister Ari caught Quinn's eye and heart instantly, Zoe catches Ryan. A little sex intertwined with how to keep the families balanced with sister Sam. A quick summer/beach read.

298 pages
Ashley
Another visit to the zany Costas family so that the other sister can find love too.
Phillips' writing truly does make me laugh and almost forget that I am reading basically a jazzed up romance novel. But she just takes you down such a crazy path, you can't help but sit back and enjoy the ride until Mr Right and Miss Perfect finally realize they belong together.
Sineadm
Jul 01, 2008 Sineadm rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I was parked in a 10 minute loading bay outside the library, I had no time to ponder my choice but I knew I wanted an easy read. On this front the book delivered but sadly I won't be back for more. I do wonder about the title - it has nothing to do with the story, characters or setting but it makes a pretty cover. Next time I'm in a hurry at the library I'll get something with a dull cover.
Marina
May 01, 2009 Marina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun read.Loved the story and characters.Love this author's writing style.Can't wait to read more.

If you would like to read this book or others like it please check out booksfreeswap.com.This book is ready for swap!
Alisa
Nov 27, 2012 Alisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Audiobook. Didn't love the readers accents. Story was ok. I had the whodunit part figured out relatively early. The why was a little slower coming but I guess that close enough.

Nice chicklit easy read. Didn't require serious concentration. Exactly what I was looking for!
Vivian
Mar 12, 2011 Vivian rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-contemp
A fluffy read with some great characters. The story is entertaining with an underlying mystery. Downside: There's a bunch of internal monologue that drove me a bit batty. Combined with some unnecessary dialogue tags; I felt like someone hit me with the dumbstick too many times.
Alex
Mar 15, 2015 Alex rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I thought that this would be a great read but I was disappointed.
I hadn't even reached the second chapter when I put it down and went to bed instead.
this book made my head ache that i had to put it down several times.
  • Solitary Man
  • Hot & Bothered (Marine, #3)
  • Santa, Baby
  • First Kiss (Bridesmaid Chronicles, #2)
  • Invitations To Seduction (3-in-1)
  • Texas Heat (Harlequin Blaze, #491)
  • This Must Be Love (Summer Lovin', #1)
  • Once Smitten, Twice Shy (Wedding Veil Wishes, #2)
  • Sweet Spot (Bakery Sisters, #2)
  • Catch of the Day (Misty Harbor, #1)
  • When Bruce Met Cyn (Visitation, North Carolina, #3)
  • Feet First (Bellagio, #1)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Carly Phillips N.Y. Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Carly Phillips has written over 40 sexy contemporary romance novels that today's readers identify with and enjoy. After a successful 15 year career with various New York publishing houses, Carly is making the leap to Indie author, with the goal of giving her readers more books at a faster pac ...more
More about Carly Phillips...

Costas Sisters (2 books)
  • Under the Boardwalk (Costas Sisters #1)

“Frankly, accepting the family's unique qualities has done wonders to help my own sanity.” 1 likes