Start by marking “Summer Lovin' (Costas Sisters, #2)” as Want to Read:
Summer Lovin' (Costas Sisters, #2)

Summer Lovin' (Costas Sisters #2)

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  1,777 ratings  ·  71 reviews
Zoe's a security specialist and a Costas through and through. Her eccentric, rather dubious family runs an Atlantic City spa that's just this side of legit. So Zoe isn't inclined to trust handsome, charming Ryan Baldwin when he shows up claiming to be related to Sam, the girl the Costas family is about to adopt. But Ryan "is" Sam's uncle and one of the famously rich and sn ...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published July 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Summer Lovin', please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer Lovin'

Barb
Zoe's a security specialist and a Costas through and through. Her eccentric, rather dubious family runs an Atlantic City spa that's just this side of legit. So Zoe isn't inclined to trust handsome, charming Ryan Baldwin when he shows up claiming to be related to Sam, the girl the Costas family is about to adopt. But Ryan is Sam's uncle and one of the famously rich and snooty Boston Baldwins.
Ryan's search for his sister Faith has led him to news of her death, and to a niece he's never met. But so
Lissy Peace
OK, so what's with the title? Being from the Midwest I love to read fun books about the warm summer. Who named this book? I think someone got it mixed up with another title. This title has nothing to do with summer, driving around in a convertible, and especially the hot, romantic flings that happen in the summer. This book was actually very sad and depressing. It was about the horrible foster care system that currently exists in the US. How one little girl could get shuffled around the foster c ...more
Tina
Overall: 3/5
Pace: 4/5
Characters: 2/5
Romance: 2/5
Emotion (Laughs/Tears): 1/5
Dialog: 3/5
Enjoyment: 3/5

Initially, I was really digging this book. The pace was so refreshing after the snooze-fest I had just finished reading! I zoomed through the first 30% or so in 1 day. Pretty rare for me. But, with the good pace, I raised my expectations for everything else and wound up being rather disappointed. The biggest problems I had were with the characters (not much depth to them, no tension or witty bante
Andrea Guy
I love a good chicklit and Carly Phillips always delivers a good one. This one is the tale of a crazy Greek Jersey family and a conservative Boston family that share a common bond; a 14 year old girl named Samantha.

The heroine, Zoe is one of the Costas clan and the hero is Ryan is Sam's new found uncle from the Boston Baldwins, a family that owns a big department store in the city.

Ryan has come in search of Sam, who is his runaway sister's only child, and one who has been suffled through foster
jenjn79
Elena
Meh - it was ok, but definitely nothing to write home about! As far as romances go - it was neither interesteing enough nor steamy enough. As far as characters go - they were not fully developped and annoying most of the time. As far as the mystery went - what mystery!?

Zoe had zero reasons to be afraid of commitment and zero valid explanations for it, so her "running away" and excuses of "i'm not cut out for this" just seemed neurotic... It was extremely annoying to see her running away from a
Kathy
Nia Imani
From the description, I picked up this book looking forward to romance and perhaps even a murder mystery.

As far as the romance went, I felt like the characters kind of rushed into a physical relationship. Then, because it did that, I felt like there wasn't much to look forward to because, well, we knew they were going to get together, but watching Zoe get over her hang-ups just wasn't very interesting, in my opinion.

Then, there really wasn't much of a mystery. I won't spoil the story, but I jus
Samantha
After reading other reviews, I expected to be disappointed with this book after really enjoying Under the Boardwalk. I'm not going to write a plot summary but it does continue the family sagas of the Costas family started in Under the Boarwalk. I just enjoyed that this is a quick read. No it's not Carly Phillips' best book, but it still is enjoyable. I already loved a lot of the characters and feel this is why a lot of other reviewers didn't like it because it builds on what was already establis ...more
Janet Robel
Light and fluffy book. I thought it was going to be more about the beach and summer fun but it wasn't. The characters didn't pull me in. It was still a cute and quick read.
Char (1RadReader59)
I loved this continuation of the of the Costas family antics. Carly as such a way of making them so endearing to us the readers. This book was about the other twin Zoe & man claiming to be Sam's uncle (Sam is her soon to be new adoptive sister the man claiming to be the uncle is named Ryan Baldwin. Zoe's not looking or even ready for a relationship but the chemistry is hot upon meeting Ryan for the first time. There are not as many antics as the first book nut enough to keep you interested.
Jen
First off let me start by saying that Carly Phillips is one of my favorite romance authors, in saying that I was very disappointed with this series. Worst series I read in a long while. This book was slightly better than the first book. Although I gave Under the Boardwalk one star, I read the second book because when I start a series I feel like I have to finish it. All I can say is the best reading in this series involved Spank the monkey and Ima the pig!
Jessica
Good romantic story and interesting story line that showed the life of fostering and attempting adoption of a teenager.
I will definitly look for more of this author's books.

[regarding the possible sell/swap of this book, the copy is good condition library withdrawl. I know there are some sort of legal issues with the selling of ex-library books, so I guess if someone would just be interested in a swap. Perhaps for another ex-library book.]
Anna
Super schönes Buch! :)
Der erste Teil mit Ari war schon toll aber die Geschichte zwischen Zoe und Ryan gefiel mir nch tausendmal besser. So stell ich mir einen schönen und mit einem happy end versehenen Liebesroman vor! (nicht immer hat Carly Phillips einen Epilog am Schluss und diesen habe ich umso mehr geliebt, denn es ist was besonderes)
Eine klare Empfehlung für die Costas-Reihe von Carly Phillips! ;)
Sineadm
I was parked in a 10 minute loading bay outside the library, I had no time to ponder my choice but I knew I wanted an easy read. On this front the book delivered but sadly I won't be back for more. I do wonder about the title - it has nothing to do with the story, characters or setting but it makes a pretty cover. Next time I'm in a hurry at the library I'll get something with a dull cover.
Ashley
Another visit to the zany Costas family so that the other sister can find love too.
Phillips' writing truly does make me laugh and almost forget that I am reading basically a jazzed up romance novel. But she just takes you down such a crazy path, you can't help but sit back and enjoy the ride until Mr Right and Miss Perfect finally realize they belong together.
April Suter
The Costas twin's love life continues! As the crazy family celebrates Sam's first anniversary as part of their family, her unknown uncle, Ryan shows up. Just as sister Ari caught Quinn's eye and heart instantly, Zoe catches Ryan. A little sex intertwined with how to keep the families balanced with sister Sam. A quick summer/beach read.

298 pages
Nina
Good love story

I would definitely recommend this book! kept me interested the whole time and made me tear up a little in the end
As12600
Fun read. Like the characters.

The Costas have come to point of adopting foster child Sam, Long lost uncle Ryan appears after many years to claim the child. Zoe Costa finds him of interest, Ryan sees how happy his niece is within the crazy family.
Good storyline with huge contrast between families values.
Erin
Mar 13, 2008 Erin rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Carly Phillips fans
Shelves: romance
A fine contemporary romance featuring runaways, foster care, police, gypsies, a day spa, a pet pig and the jersey shore. The female protagonist is a former FBI and secret service agent. The male lead is slightly beta and a rich, Boston lawyer. So aside from the overly complicated setting and characters, it's fine.
Lemonitsa
I enjoyed this book more than the first in the series. I don't know if it's because I like Zoe more than Ari (and definitely like Ryan more than Quinn) but this one seemed a better story to me. It was less comedic and I thought it was done well. The ending was predictable but I didn't mind.
Just - The romance reader
Another good read by Carly Phillips. The Costas family is lively and very lovable. Ryan Baldwin isn't so bad either! He comes from a very straight-laced and proper family, but he doesn't let that keep him from seeing the great things about being part of a more relaxed and free-spirited clan.
Michele
I actually liked this book a lot more than the first Costas sister book. Maybe because I already knew most of the characters, but I thought the storyline and the romance were more engaging in this book. A quick, lighthearted read that made me laugh out loud on more than one occassion.
Becky
This was an audio book for me to enjoy while I was driving up to Michigan. I enjoyed the characters, but it really wasn't that well written. I would have rated it higher, but the plot was terribly transparent and cliche. I also didn't really see summer as an important aspect of the plot.
Alisa

Audiobook. Didn't love the readers accents. Story was ok. I had the whodunit part figured out relatively early. The why was a little slower coming but I guess that close enough.

Nice chicklit easy read. Didn't require serious concentration. Exactly what I was looking for!
Vivian Archer
A fluffy read with some great characters. The story is entertaining with an underlying mystery. Downside: There's a bunch of internal monologue that drove me a bit batty. Combined with some unnecessary dialogue tags; I felt like someone hit me with the dumbstick too many times.
Chris
Chloe comes from a crazy Greek family who is trying to adopt a girl. Ryan is that girl's uncle and wants to be part of her life.

The extended families on both sides are crazy. They are people you would avoid at all costs. I really don't like over the top characters.
DaShannon
An ok summer read. I mainly read it because it has a killer chic cover and has my name in the title, however, this does not make a good book apparently. A little too smutty with a shaky story line that takes too long to play out and has a predictable bad guy.
Chelsea Nicole
Interesting. Considering I did not read the book before this one. So I was unprepared for the "that escalated quickly!" moments. And there was not a short on those. An okay book. Took me forever to read despite that it is a quick enough read.
  • Santa, Baby
  • Coming Undone (Marine, #4)
  • When Bruce Met Cyn (Visitation, North Carolina, #3)
  • Too Good To Be True (D and S Security, #2)
  • Sweet Spot (Bakery Sisters, #2)
  • Once Smitten, Twice Shy (Wedding Veil Wishes, #2)
  • You've Got Male (OPUS #1)
  • Catch Me If You Can (Men of Rogues Hollow #3)
  • Blame It on Chocolate
  • First Kiss (Bridesmaid Chronicles, #2)
  • Catch of the Day (Misty Harbor, #1)
  • Invitations To Seduction (3-in-1)
  • Code Name: Bikini (SEAL and Code Name, #9)
  • Smart Mouth
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Carly Phillips N.Y. Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Carly Phillips has written over 40 sexy contemporary romance novels that today's readers identify with and enjoy. After a successful 15 year career with various New York publishing houses, Carly is making the leap to Indie author, with the goal of giving her readers more books at a faster pac ...more
More about Carly Phillips...
Hot Number (Hot Zone #2) Hot Stuff (Hot Zone, #1) The Bachelor (Chandler Brothers, #1) Serendipity (Serendipity, #1) The Playboy (Chandler Brothers, #2)