Start by marking “Human Legacy Project” as Want to Read:
Human Legacy Project

Human Legacy Project

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  260 ratings  ·  13 reviews
The goal of the Human Legacy Project is to give everyone who wants it the chance to live forever. Immortality is not achieved physically, the project teaches, but through our influence on future generations.

But as the political and economic environment changes throughout the world, the HLP takes many different forms, from a well-funded and charitable non-profit to a splint
Published (first published February 5th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Human Legacy Project, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Human Legacy Project

نزار شهاب الدين
Cantrell's prose is simple yet has its luster and taste. His main prowess is in the novelty of his ideas and surprising finales. This is the second book I read for him, and the joy they brought me had me start the third book right away.

This book's atmosphere brings to mind Orwell's 1984, yet Cantrell's objective is quite different and he hardly stops at the details of the oppressive government. The pace is fast and the finale strikes home, and hard.
Randy
A pretty short read even by Cantrell standards. The story is good enough. There are a couple of fractured short pieces about how the world in the story came to be. This bit of world building goes a long way to make the rest of story worth reading, but ultimately Cantrell once again falls victim to letting his short end way too soon and without enough plot. What we're left with are two pieces of a potentially greater whole. "Potential" is really the best word that describes this story and Cantrel ...more
Jose
So this one is a short story in the veins of 1984, Equilibrium and other government controlled distopias.
In this a group of people try to collect the entirety of the human experience and knowledge so that we can learn from the mistakes of the past, evolve and be a better mankind.
Of course, things dont work out as expected but the journey is interesting and detailed.
Very nice with the background and motivations for such a short story!
Preston Lee
A not inconceivable, cautionary short story of socialist political progression in the United States, narrated in the 1st person from the perspective of an information "archivist" turned rebel. Recommend to fans of fictionalized political works such as Ayn Rand's Anthem or Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451. Human Legacy Project's undertones are reminiscent of both, though without the detailed grandeur or depth due to the brief format.
Brian Krespan
Okay Mr. Cantrell... this should be a full length. I started reading this, and then it was over. I truly enjoyed it, but man do I wish this was a longer/more in depth book. This "utopian"/ "orwellian" like era and I would love to read more about it. Great short story/novella though!
Kristina
This was a great sci-fi short story. I actually think it would make an interesting full length novel. It reminded me of the whole "Big Brother is watching you" concept. It was creepy! I really enjoy Christian's work and think he's defenitely an author to watch.
Daron Yondem
Start sooo good. I really liked the story and the progress. But the end? It feels like the writer just did not want to write more. Too bad.
Alan Hughes

A short story with an iuteresting premise. However, the tale is never really fleshed out enough.

Avraham
Interesting plot twist at the end with a profound message. Short story sci-fi that makes you think.
Luke Howard-pask
Loved the 1984 style dystopia but with modern updated themes and futurism! Great little read!
Nat
Addressing the age old question... is mankind its own worst enemy?
Alexandru
I liked the somewhat Orwellian world in this one.
Danzaiss
Even shorten than The Brain Box.
Preston Cook
Preston Cook is currently reading it
Aug 04, 2015
Bruce
Bruce added it
Jul 23, 2015
EmMaez
EmMaez added it
Jul 20, 2015
Chris DiMartino
Chris DiMartino marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Stuart
Stuart marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
  • The Collected Stories 1
  • The Old Soul
  • The Litany of Earth
  • Paintwork
Christian Cantrell is a writer and software developer living in Northern Virginia.
More about Christian Cantrell...
Containment (Containment, #1) Brainbox The Epoch Index Farmer One Kingmaker

“Biomunitions is the science of violently destabilizing organic compounds.” 0 likes