Start by marking “Human Legacy Project” as Want to Read:
Human Legacy Project

Human Legacy Project

3.72  ·  Rating Details  ·  301 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
The goal of the Human Legacy Project is to give everyone who wants it the chance to live forever. Immortality is not achieved physically, the project teaches, but through our influence on future generations.

But as the political and economic environment changes throughout the world, the HLP takes many different forms, from a well-funded and charitable non-profit to a splint
Published (first published February 5th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Human Legacy Project, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Human Legacy Project

نزار شهاب الدين
Jul 11, 2011 نزار شهاب الدين rated it really liked it
Cantrell's prose is simple yet has its luster and taste. His main prowess is in the novelty of his ideas and surprising finales. This is the second book I read for him, and the joy they brought me had me start the third book right away.

This book's atmosphere brings to mind Orwell's 1984, yet Cantrell's objective is quite different and he hardly stops at the details of the oppressive government. The pace is fast and the finale strikes home, and hard.
Lynxie
Human Legacy Project depicts a desolate, horrific dystopian world where everyone is watched everywhere, the powers-that-be control everything.

There's a small group of people that oppose the government, they take subversive action to correct the actions the government have taken to destroy humanity.

The story is told in phases. Some present tense, others past tense. The phases took the reader through a combination of history and current action, using retelling the past to inform the reader and all
Randy
Mar 13, 2013 Randy rated it it was ok
Shelves: free-ebook
A pretty short read even by Cantrell standards. The story is good enough. There are a couple of fractured short pieces about how the world in the story came to be. This bit of world building goes a long way to make the rest of story worth reading, but ultimately Cantrell once again falls victim to letting his short end way too soon and without enough plot. What we're left with are two pieces of a potentially greater whole. "Potential" is really the best word that describes this story and Cantrel ...more
Jose
Dec 11, 2011 Jose rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
So this one is a short story in the veins of 1984, Equilibrium and other government controlled distopias.
In this a group of people try to collect the entirety of the human experience and knowledge so that we can learn from the mistakes of the past, evolve and be a better mankind.
Of course, things dont work out as expected but the journey is interesting and detailed.
Very nice with the background and motivations for such a short story!
Preston Lee
May 26, 2011 Preston Lee rated it really liked it
A not inconceivable, cautionary short story of socialist political progression in the United States, narrated in the 1st person from the perspective of an information "archivist" turned rebel. Recommend to fans of fictionalized political works such as Ayn Rand's Anthem or Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451. Human Legacy Project's undertones are reminiscent of both, though without the detailed grandeur or depth due to the brief format.
Brian's Book Blog
Oct 13, 2011 Brian's Book Blog rated it really liked it
Okay Mr. Cantrell... this should be a full length. I started reading this, and then it was over. I truly enjoyed it, but man do I wish this was a longer/more in depth book. This "utopian"/ "orwellian" like era and I would love to read more about it. Great short story/novella though!
Kristina
Jul 19, 2010 Kristina rated it really liked it
This was a great sci-fi short story. I actually think it would make an interesting full length novel. It reminded me of the whole "Big Brother is watching you" concept. It was creepy! I really enjoy Christian's work and think he's defenitely an author to watch.
Daron Yondem
Dec 31, 2014 Daron Yondem rated it liked it
Shelves: for-fun
Start sooo good. I really liked the story and the progress. But the end? It feels like the writer just did not want to write more. Too bad.
Alan Hughes
Aug 07, 2012 Alan Hughes rated it liked it

A short story with an iuteresting premise. However, the tale is never really fleshed out enough.

Avraham
Interesting plot twist at the end with a profound message. Short story sci-fi that makes you think.
Luke Howard-pask
Apr 27, 2013 Luke Howard-pask rated it really liked it
Loved the 1984 style dystopia but with modern updated themes and futurism! Great little read!
Nat
Nov 26, 2011 Nat rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-fantasy
Addressing the age old question... is mankind its own worst enemy?
Alexandru
Mar 21, 2011 Alexandru rated it liked it
I liked the somewhat Orwellian world in this one.
Danzaiss
Jan 10, 2011 Danzaiss rated it liked it
Even shorten than The Brain Box.
Eric Fitzgerald
Eric Fitzgerald rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2016
Kenneth Howerton
Kenneth Howerton marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
David Brueck
David Brueck rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2016
Dan
Dan rated it it was ok
Jun 20, 2016
Dan Doran
Dan Doran rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2016
Marcia
Marcia rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2016
Natasha Scott
Natasha Scott rated it really liked it
May 29, 2016
Alex
Alex rated it it was ok
Apr 28, 2016
Jon Spink
Jon Spink rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2016
Samuel
Samuel rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2016
Edward Turpin
Edward Turpin rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2016
Richard
Richard rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2016
Beth Lemberg
Beth Lemberg rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2016
Scott Jack
Scott Jack rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2016
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
  • The Rain - Part 1 (A Post-Apocalyptic Story)
  • Secrets in Time
  • Hope's Daughter (The Ambrosia Sequence, #1)
  • Playing Charlie Cool
  • The Journeyman (The Commons, #1)
  • The Narrowing Path (The Narrowing Path, #1)
  • Sacrifice (Tribute #1)
  • On Dark Shores: The Lady
  • The Cold Pools
  • Immortality
  • Bear Naked
  • The Dryad's Kiss (Ancient Enemy, #1)
  • The Palaver Tree (Berriwood Book 1)
Christian Cantrell is a writer and software developer living in Northern Virginia.
More about Christian Cantrell...

“Biomunitions is the science of violently destabilizing organic compounds.” 0 likes