Soul to Soul: Communications from the Heart

Soul to Soul: Communications from the Heart

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  144 ratings  ·  17 reviews
In Soul to Soul, Gary Zukav, author of the monumental bestseller The Seat of the Soul, addresses some of the most significant questions about the human experience -- from "Why is life so difficult?" to "How can I learn to trust?" -- with profound answers that are of truly universal value.

With the publication of his revolutionary work The Seat of the Soul, Zukav emerged a...more
Published October 23rd 2007 by Free Press

Herlinda
AMAZING! I CHECKED THIS BOOK OUT AT MY PUBLIC LIBRARY AND VALUE IT SO MUCH I NOW AM GOING TO PURCHASE MY OWN COPY. SOUL TO SOUL IS A WONDERFUL JOURNEY INTO YOUR OWN SPIRITUAL AWAKENING THAT I CAN SEE MYSELF READING OVER AND OVER,YEAR AFTER YEAR. I CAME AWAY WITH A NEW CONSCIOUSNESS OF THE NEED FOR THE ALIGNMENT OF MY SOUL AND MY PERSONALITY AND WHAT THAT MEANS. I AM NOW MORE AWARE THAN EVER OF AUTHENTIC POWER AND THAT BEFORE I SPEAK I NEED TO EXAMINE THE INTENT OF WHAT I AM ABOUT TO SAY. MOST VA...more
Dayva
I believe that I have more issues with the chosen format of this work, than I do with the content.
The beginning half of the book are anecdotal in nature and very brief. The second half is a series of questions and answers. I never did fully understand just exactly who was asking the questions....were they from visitors on the website, institute participants, etc.?
In the beginning I was a bit disapointed with the austere simplicity of the content, then as the book came to a close I was aware that...more
Dulcinea Contreras
" A book of the Heart! This book by Gary has captured the key ingredient to a successful and fulfilling life, trusting life's processes. And to effectively do so it requires delving into soul concepts such as: love, fear, choice, responsibility, letting go, and seeking soul answers by asking meaningful questions. Gary offers a deep understanding on why situations occur in life and how to cope effectively with the inward struggle that all human beings will encounter along the journey of life. A f...more
Mohit  Parikh
Re-read a few parts. Perspicacious. I presumed I would be much smarter now than when I had first read it. Am I? Do we always become wiser with age?
***
Simple and complete. Reminds that wisdom and intellect have little to talk about together. The beauty of this book is in it's originality... nothing new is said, yet all that is talked about comes form the personal experiences and lessons of the author. The beauty, thus, is in the honesty.

The kind of book you would enjoy reading a page a day when...more
Krista
Yawn. Sorry, Gary, but this just a hot mess of pablum, Chicken Soup for the Earnestly Enlightened Soul, or Essays Thrown Together to Sell Another Book on Oprah, if you will. No one chooses a book to read thinking she's going to hate it (I think), so this was a disappointment. The question and answer portion of the book was worth the price of admission, though. Which was free for me because I checked this out of the library.
Leslie North
As I read, sometimes I would want to jump up and down shouting, "yes, yes, I know. That is so right!" and other times I had to re-read the little chapter because it was so insightful. I need to go back and read the whole thing again. I loved it. Little short thoughts. Easy to read and enjoy but very thoughtful and deep in a metaphysical zen sort of way.
Linda
I read Seat of the Soul years ago but this book had more of an impact. The format is little vignettes that speak to one human foible. I like to reread a few of them from time to time. They focus on our expectations and how that expectations can harm us--very zen.
Julie Achterhoff
This book has a universal spirituality theme. Gary Zukav seems to have all the answers to questions such as those on karma. I liked this book a lot, but I think I should have read it more slowly. It takes a while for these kinds of deep concepts to sink in.
MzDivaDawn
Gary Zukav is always so soothing & enlightening - I listen to audiobooks, so I had the benefit of listening to his voice, which really helped calm me and get into the spirit.
Alanala2
EARTH IS A CLASSROOM FOR THE SOUL. EVERY THING THAT HAPPENS TO US, CHOICE BY CHOICE, WE HAVE CO-CREATED AS A OPPORTUNITY TO AWAKEN TO WHO WE ARE, AND IT FEELS LIKE TRUE.
Cathy Gulkin
Pretty standard New Age claptrap... Zukav's not getting any smarter as he gets older. Or maybe he's just interested in continuing to cash in.
Lisa Lueken
What a beautiful book! reinforcement of all his ideas, and then a question and answer portion that really helps.
Shantelle
I love Gary Zukav.
Great book. I'll listen to it again and again.
Kathy
More inspirational and reflective thinking about physics and life.
Texas_ruth
Fantastic with some informative and thoughtfull questions
Kami
This is a beautiful book by one of my favorite authors.
Panaite Carmen
Panaite Carmen is currently reading it
Apr 10, 2014
Mary Deroche
Mary Deroche marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Susan
Susan is currently reading it
Mar 31, 2014
Patricia Osborne
Patricia Osborne marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
Tammy Clarke
Tammy Clarke marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2014
Camesa
Camesa marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
BookWorm
BookWorm marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2014
Gary Zukav is the author of The Dancing Wu Li Masters, winner of The American Book Award for Science; Soul Stories, a New York Times bestseller; and The Seat of the Soul, a New York Times, USA Today, Los Angeles Times, and Publishers Weekly #1 bestseller. His books have sold millions of copies and are published in sixteen languages. He is a graduate of Harvard and a former U.S. Army Special Forces...more
More about Gary Zukav...
The Seat of the Soul Dancing Wu Li Masters: An Overview of the New Physics (Perennial Classics) Soul Stories The Heart of the Soul: Emotional Awareness The Mind of the Soul: Responsible Choice

“When you have an emotional reaction to what you see, you are judging. That is your signal that you have an issue inside of yourself - with yourself - not with the other person. If you react to evil, look inside yourself for the very thing that so agitates you, and you will find it. If it were not there, you will simply discern, act appropriately, and move on.” 27 likes