Start by marking “Soul to Soul: Communications from the Heart” as Want to Read:
Soul to Soul: Communications from the Heart

Soul to Soul: Communications from the Heart

3.98  ·  Rating Details  ·  180 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
In Soul to Soul, Gary Zukav, author of the monumental bestseller The Seat of the Soul, addresses some of the most significant questions about the human experience -- from "Why is life so difficult?" to "How can I learn to trust?" -- with profound answers that are of truly universal value.

With the publication of his revolutionary work The Seat of the Soul, Zukav emerged a
Published October 23rd 2007 by Free Press

To ask other readers questions about Soul to Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Soul to Soul

Herlinda
Nov 04, 2012 Herlinda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AMAZING! I CHECKED THIS BOOK OUT AT MY PUBLIC LIBRARY AND VALUE IT SO MUCH I NOW AM GOING TO PURCHASE MY OWN COPY. SOUL TO SOUL IS A WONDERFUL JOURNEY INTO YOUR OWN SPIRITUAL AWAKENING THAT I CAN SEE MYSELF READING OVER AND OVER,YEAR AFTER YEAR. I CAME AWAY WITH A NEW CONSCIOUSNESS OF THE NEED FOR THE ALIGNMENT OF MY SOUL AND MY PERSONALITY AND WHAT THAT MEANS. I AM NOW MORE AWARE THAN EVER OF AUTHENTIC POWER AND THAT BEFORE I SPEAK I NEED TO EXAMINE THE INTENT OF WHAT I AM ABOUT TO SAY. MOST VA ...more
C2015
Apr 22, 2014 C2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first half of this was really good....about his personal life and experiences. The second half, not so much. It was in a question/answer format and while the information was interesting, the presentation was boring. I disagree with his definiton of suffering though. He says that suffering is pain for the purpose of spiritual growth. I agree with Cheri Huber's definition that suffering is the additional mental anguish added on top of pain and that suffering, indeed, is optional.
Deanna Lefranc
Oct 19, 2015 Deanna Lefranc rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Thank you for writing this book - it is a relief to know there are others out there that want authentic power through humbleness clarity forgiveness and love - pushing through violence greed and negativity so prevalent in our western world
Dayva
Nov 02, 2008 Dayva rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I believe that I have more issues with the chosen format of this work, than I do with the content.
The beginning half of the book are anecdotal in nature and very brief. The second half is a series of questions and answers. I never did fully understand just exactly who was asking the questions....were they from visitors on the website, institute participants, etc.?
In the beginning I was a bit disapointed with the austere simplicity of the content, then as the book came to a close I was aware that
Dulcinea Contreras
" A book of the Heart! This book by Gary has captured the key ingredient to a successful and fulfilling life, trusting life's processes. And to effectively do so it requires delving into soul concepts such as: love, fear, choice, responsibility, letting go, and seeking soul answers by asking meaningful questions. Gary offers a deep understanding on why situations occur in life and how to cope effectively with the inward struggle that all human beings will encounter along the journey of life. A f ...more
Mohit Parikh
Re-read a few parts. Perspicacious. I presumed I would be much smarter now than when I had first read it. Am I? Do we always become wiser with age?
***
Simple and complete. Reminds that wisdom and intellect have little to talk about together. The beauty of this book is in it's originality... nothing new is said, yet all that is talked about comes form the personal experiences and lessons of the author. The beauty, thus, is in the honesty.

The kind of book you would enjoy reading a page a day when
Tori Montes
Jul 23, 2015 Tori Montes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book delivers what it promises. Thought provoking ideas about our purpose and how best to live our lives. I didn't agree with everything like that a habit is covering up a fear or confusion etc... No because there are good habits that people practice to enrich their lives like brushing ones teeth before bedtime or reading or exercising in the morning. But all and all some good ideas here.
Krista
Jul 02, 2008 Krista rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Yawn. Sorry, Gary, but this just a hot mess of pablum, Chicken Soup for the Earnestly Enlightened Soul, or Essays Thrown Together to Sell Another Book on Oprah, if you will. No one chooses a book to read thinking she's going to hate it (I think), so this was a disappointment. The question and answer portion of the book was worth the price of admission, though. Which was free for me because I checked this out of the library.
Leslie North
Nov 13, 2010 Leslie North rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As I read, sometimes I would want to jump up and down shouting, "yes, yes, I know. That is so right!" and other times I had to re-read the little chapter because it was so insightful. I need to go back and read the whole thing again. I loved it. Little short thoughts. Easy to read and enjoy but very thoughtful and deep in a metaphysical zen sort of way.
Sherita Bolden
Awesome book. I love the way Gary was able to segment each story and allow me the opportunity to read and allow the words to marinate and sink in. It's a book I will keep close by and continue to read as their is so much knowledge and growth is automatic when reading it.
Leona
Mar 14, 2008 Leona rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read Seat of the Soul years ago but this book had more of an impact. The format is little vignettes that speak to one human foible. I like to reread a few of them from time to time. They focus on our expectations and how that expectations can harm us--very zen.
Julie Achterhoff
Jan 31, 2010 Julie Achterhoff rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has a universal spirituality theme. Gary Zukav seems to have all the answers to questions such as those on karma. I liked this book a lot, but I think I should have read it more slowly. It takes a while for these kinds of deep concepts to sink in.
MzDivaDawn
Gary Zukav is always so soothing & enlightening - I listen to audiobooks, so I had the benefit of listening to his voice, which really helped calm me and get into the spirit.
Alanala2
Apr 01, 2008 Alanala2 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
EARTH IS A CLASSROOM FOR THE SOUL. EVERY THING THAT HAPPENS TO US, CHOICE BY CHOICE, WE HAVE CO-CREATED AS A OPPORTUNITY TO AWAKEN TO WHO WE ARE, AND IT FEELS LIKE TRUE.
Cathy Gulkin
Pretty standard New Age claptrap... Zukav's not getting any smarter as he gets older. Or maybe he's just interested in continuing to cash in.
Lisa Lueken
Jan 31, 2008 Lisa Lueken rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a beautiful book! reinforcement of all his ideas, and then a question and answer portion that really helps.
Shantelle
Jan 13, 2009 Shantelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Gary Zukav.
Great book. I'll listen to it again and again.
Kathy
Aug 01, 2008 Kathy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: haveread
More inspirational and reflective thinking about physics and life.
Texas_ruth
Fantastic with some informative and thoughtfull questions
Kami
Dec 28, 2007 Kami rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a beautiful book by one of my favorite authors.
Audra
Audra marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Tom
Tom added it
Jan 31, 2016
Fahima Karim
Fahima Karim marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
J.
J. marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Kadri
Kadri marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Emma-jane
Emma-jane rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2016
Ahmed
Ahmed marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Alexander and the Wonderful, Marvelous, Excellent, Terrific Ninety Days: An Almost Completely Honest Account of What Happened to Our Family When Our Youngest Son, His Wife, Their Baby, Their Toddler, and Their Five-Year-Old Came to Live with Us for Thr...
  • Milton's Secret: An Adventure of Discovery Through Then, When, and the Power of Now
  • The Man Who Loved Seagulls: Essential Life Lessons from the World's Greatest Wisdom Traditions
  • Exploring the Levels of Creation
  • The Jewel Tree of Tibet: The Enlightenment Engine of Tibetan Buddhism
  • Wisdom of the Ages: 60 Days to Enlightenment
  • What You Feel, You Can Heal: A Guide for Enriching Relationships
  • Sacred Space: Clearing and Enhancing the Energy of Your Home
  • The Lost Art of Compassion: Discovering the Practice of Happiness in the Meeting of Buddhism and Psychology
  • Spiritual Liberation: Fulfilling Your Soul's Potential
  • Master of the Delta
  • The Laws of Spirit: A Tale of Transformation
  • The New Revelations: A Conversation with God
  • Power, Freedom, and Grace: Living from the Source of Lasting Happiness
  • The Eagle and the Rose: A Remarkable True Story
  • The God Code
  • Young Fredle (Davis Farm, #2)
  • Clementine and the Spring Trip (Clementine, #6)
Gary Zukav is the author of The Dancing Wu Li Masters, winner of The American Book Award for Science; Soul Stories, a New York Times bestseller; and The Seat of the Soul, a New York Times, USA Today, Los Angeles Times, and Publishers Weekly #1 bestseller. His books have sold millions of copies and are published in sixteen languages. He is a graduate of Harvard and a former U.S. Army Special Forces ...more
More about Gary Zukav...

“When you have an emotional reaction to what you see, you are judging. That is your signal that you have an issue inside of yourself - with yourself - not with the other person. If you react to evil, look inside yourself for the very thing that so agitates you, and you will find it. If it were not there, you will simply discern, act appropriately, and move on.” 41 likes