Start by marking “Losing My Religion: Unbelief in Australia” as Want to Read:
Losing My Religion: Unbelief in Australia

Losing My Religion: Unbelief in Australia

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  8 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Considering the consequences of changing religious attitudes, this compelling account examines diminishing theological belief and denominational affiliation in Australia. This study argues that Australia has never been a particularly religious nation and that few Australians have deliberately rejected belief—while most simply cannot see why they need to bother with religio ...more
Published August 1st 2009 by University of New South Wales Press

To ask other readers questions about Losing My Religion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Losing My Religion

Peter Lockhart
I loved this book from start to finish. I am an atheist and interested in the subject and while Mr Frame is a Bishop, he is engaging and has a good style that I enjoyed very much.

I wish he would read my book. Better yet I would love to have dinner with him and discuss the matter. Mr. Frame is someone I like, admire and respect very much. There are a lot of people fascinated by this topic, and its refreshing to read something from the other side so to speak.

This book is recommended to all people
Peter
Tom Frame, former Anglican Bishop to the Australian Defence Force and current Director of St Mark’s National Theological Centre, writes that this book (which he stresses is not autobiographical) comes out of his personal interest in our national cultural and spiritual mood, as well as a personal need to understand why so many of his fellow Australians find religious belief impossible.

After setting a clear platform for the language he uses in the book, Frame begins by examining the context of th
Peter
well worth a read, unfortunately he is still biased to a belief "frame". he is open an honest about this but IMO this significantly skews the book. I give him 1 in 10 odds of seeing through religious superstition within the decade?
Cara Brackstone
Good insights for churches. Thoughtful, moderate points, avoids polemic. Reads a bit more like a series of essays than a cohesive argument, but he pulls it together in the final chapter.
William Wheatley
William Wheatley marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Stephan
Stephan is currently reading it
Aug 09, 2014
Robbie Hayes
Robbie Hayes marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
David
David added it
Mar 11, 2014
Zara
Zara marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Seven
Seven marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2013
Stephen
Stephen marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2013
Andy
Andy added it
Jan 18, 2013
Jack
Jack added it
Jul 22, 2012
Paul Collinson
Paul Collinson marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2012
Jayme
Jayme marked it as to-read
May 24, 2012
Ken
Ken added it
Nov 10, 2011
Russell Boag
Russell Boag marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2011
Andrew Nicholson
Andrew Nicholson marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2011
Kim
Kim is currently reading it
Aug 15, 2010
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
May 03, 2010
The Life and Death of Harold Holt Church and State: Australia's Imaginary Wall Evolution in the Antipodes: Charles Darwin and Australia Living by the Sword?: The Ethics of Armed Intervention No Pleasure Cruise: The Story of the Royal Australian Navy