Start by marking “Master of the Mountain (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #1)” as Want to Read:
Master of the Mountain (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #1)

Master of the Mountain (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven #1)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  12,416 ratings  ·  618 reviews
Genre: BDSM Full-figured Heroine Erotic Contemporary

When Rebecca's boyfriend talks her into vacationing at a mountain lodge with his swing club, she quickly learns she's not cut out for playing musical beds. Now she has nowhere to sleep. Logan, the lodge owner, finds her freezing on the porch. After hauling her inside, he warms her in his own bed, and there the experienced
Published August 4th 2009 by Loose Id (first published January 1st 2009)

Lisa

HOLY HOTNESS. MY FIRST CHERISE SINCLAIR BOOK DID NOT DISAPPOINT!

Logan:

description

Master of the Mountain is my first venture into a Cherise Sinclair book and it left me smacking myself upside the head and wondering why I have not read her books before. What a great BDSM escape fully equipped with a tortured, alpha dom who is more than willing to show our lovely sub the ropes.

In the past, she'd occasionally stuck out as the only sober one in a drunken crowd; this time, she was the only frigid one in a horny
UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick

You know, Cherise Sinclair does such an amazing job of giving us characters who we care about and believable storylines despite the shorter page count. I’ve found this to be true in every one of her books that I’ve read, and Master of the Mountain is no different.

Rebecca is such a sweet young woman and I just ache for her and her poor self image because she’s on the plumper side, and has scars on her legs. She’s embarrassed by her body to point of wanting the lights dimmed when having sex, even
Dina
3 1/2 stars

The book description gives more than a good insight of the story - in fact, it tells the whole story! - so I won't bother writing a plot summary here. I'll just say that the premise was interesting, but I didn't like the way the story unfolded.

Rebecca was too hesitant and insecure - so much that I didn't know if she still considered Matt her boyfriend or not when she had sex with Logan. Before anyone shouts "Cheater!" at her, let me explain that Matt and Rebecca had an open relationsh
Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. From the first page to the last, Master of the Mountain captured my attention, my imagination, and my heart. I feel Cherise Sinclair did a wonderful job portraying the basic and complex components in the relationship between the Dominate and the Submissive. That she incorporated romance into this light BDSM story made it that much better.

For me, Logan's character is a greatexample of a responsible and good Dom. He recognized Rebecca's (Becca) submissive na
MelissaB
Hot, sexy and kinky. Mild BDSM, nothing too crazy beyond some tying up, a bit of spanking and some hijinks in the woods while tied to a tree (sign me up for a screaming orgasm too please). Oh yeah, there was a public nookie scene at a "club".

I enjoyed the author's writing style and plan on checking out her other work. No ménage was included for those who are not a fan of the heroine sandwich.
Mirjana ***Let's Sound It Out - - - Mary-On-A***
**3.75** stars

Another great Cherise Sinclair series for me to dive into! BDSM in the Mountains? Sex and scenery? SOLD!

Logan was a toe curling, Dominant mountain man teaching a new to the lifestyle and self conscious Rebecca how to accept her body's cravings. This was a perfect blend of smut and story and just what I wanted.

However, two things didn't quite get this one to 4 stars:

1. I feel like the story started abruptly. Don't hear that often, do you? The presentation of the swingers weekend id
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

In the time it takes you to say BDSM, I already finished this book.

If you are looking for an erotica romance author who delivers each and every time you open a book, then Cherise Sinclair is your girl. While the Masters of the Shadowlands may be my favourite series by her, this series Mountain Masters is another great BDSM escape for readers.

Rebecca lets her boyfriend, Matt talk her into taking part in a swingers getaway at a mountain lodge. Feeling unfulfilled in her
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
Since it seems I won't be writing a review, something that made me laugh...

Karla
This one started out really good and then it took a turn that did not appeal to me. I liked Logan initially, and the relationship that developed between him and Rebecca. Then he got pushy and kept telling her that this is what she wanted, and maybe she did, but that's not the way the author portrayed it. Rebecca was clearly disturbed by what he was doing to her, and that didn't stop Logan. Very confusing and a bit harsh. I also didn't care for the swingers portion of the book. Not sure if I will ...more
Didi
This was so good! Better than My Liege of Dark Haven. I'm kinda reading out of order but that's okay. I loved Rebecca, she was such a kind and sweet woman. Made to feel self conscious about her figure, she endures being in the wrong relationship with douchebag Matt. Then to meet and submit to Logan...who's pure MALE. I'm glad she was made to feel worthy of who she was and be cherished for everything she is. Logan was incredible! Such a patient and tender Dom that suffers from PTSD all alone.
The
Simsala
Curiosity `killed` the cat...
The book was available for free at ARe and I thought I should give this well known and highly rated m/f-BDSM romance a try.
Highly rated,yes...but what for? This was mostly lightly kinky how-to-make-a-woman-scream sex,delivered from an all-knowing "I know what`s best for you" Dom in a nondescript,almost boring story.I can barely tolerate that kind of Dom in m/m - here it made me want to punch his lights out...
Will give it no rating since I usually just read m/m and do
Jill Myles
Cherise Sinclair is my new craaaaack.

ETA - So I liked this one, but I didn't get the HOLY CRAPS EATING MY BRAIN vibe that I did from the others? I think maybe I failed to connect to the heroine. I'm still up for reading the next one in the series, though! Can't wait!
Aisling Zena
4 stars

I wasn't planning on writing a review for this book but I find myself needing to say a few things..

First a very big thank you to Cherise Sinclair for her authors note. It starts like this :
"To my readers,
This book is fiction, not reality and, as in most romantic fiction, the romance is compressed into a very, very short time period.
You, my darlings, live in the real world and I want you to take a little more time than the heroines you read about."
There's more after this which was also
Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R
What an adorable story!

Actually it started off as a-okay. The Heroine happens to fall for a guy who is a gentleman (in her eyes, not mine) who can give her a life of happiness, except Matt is a terrible bed lover. Matt makes a suggestion to explore their sexual side in their relationship, and asks if she'd join him on a Swinger's retreat. This is the first time Rebecca has ever heard of him going to such a place, in which couples, men and woman show up just to have sex with one another. In my op
GraceMyBookSnack
Hot & Kinky!

I've often heard that Cherise Sinclair is a Master at writing BDSM stories, so when Master of the Mountain came up as a book club selection, I jumped at the chance to read something from this new-to-me author.

Rebecca and Matt might be compatible intellectually, but physically they are not. We learn this right away when Matt reveals to Rebecca that he has been a part of a swingers group. He asks Rebecca to join him in the next get-together. Rebecca reluctantly agrees to go, but qu
Raine
Rebecca's boyfriend, Matt, is getting a little tired of their sex life. He wanted to spice it up and decided to ask Rebecca to go on vacation with him with his swing club. Rebecca isn't comfortable around the swingers and finds herself without a place to sleep. She ends up sharing a room with Logan one of the owners of the resort where they are staying at. She ends up learning about BDSM and realizes that her kink isn't being a swinger, but a submissive to Logan's dom. Rebecca has a poor self im ...more
Wanderlust

Two seconds, i need an after sex smoke after this book.

Okay so i am horribly obsessed with gifs so i am going to post at least one more before my review is done.

I really enjoyed the story. I did not like Rebecca all the time as i got a bit sick of listening to her self hatred & cannot for the life of me understand why you would live with a man who was a swinger (but you didn't know this..huh?) when you are not into sharing. I liked Logan and Jake straight away and continued liking them thr
Michele ~ la Smoocherina
I just read this book again. It's one of my favorite Cherise Sinclair books (I love all of them). But I think I've realized that this author doesn't make her men absolute assholes with a heart of gold, that the heroine can save. She does write her men flawed, but they like women, respect women and are protective of them. I also think that Cherise has no problem switching up plot. You don't feel like your reading the same plot over and over. She's the best when it comes to BDSM, in my book.. She ...more
Jacqueline
Hmm... Could it be that I don't like erotica as well as I thought? I'm not a prude. I've read stuff like this and even more smutty for most of my life but I think I've decided that all that sexing just gets in the way of a good love story.

I did like the characters. I appreciated that the whole BDSM thing was mostly just in the bedroom. I think the way the story was set up as an exploration was really well done. The sex was hot. Most of it worked well for the story. For me however, and I know it'
Angela James
I read all of Cherise Sinclair's books back-to-back while I was sick with a cold. It's clear that they are imminently readable and have a definite spark, since I read them back to back, so I thought it was only fair that I explain on at least one of the books why I rated them all as a 3. I don't consider a 3 a bad grade at all, but if I'd read these books separately, with months in between, I think I may have rated some of them more highly, as a 4. As it is, I think Ms. Sinclair has a talent for ...more
Mariana
Holy bdsm hotness batman, this was awesome!!

I want me a Logan

nd   ♥ Master's li'l kitten ♥
My first big step into this particular genre... (I took a baby step with another recent read that put me on the path!) and OMG! What a way to dive right in! Loved this book! It's the first I've read that isn't PN, PNR or PNR/erotic.

As for this book, it was fantastic! I loved this author and have already marked some of her other books to read.

Not for the faint of heart.
Pamela(AllHoney)
The first book in the Mountain Masters series by Cherise Sinclair. Erotica with bdsm elements. I usually prefer more plot but for what this is, I liked it. I'm not a big fan of this genre but I do like to venture into it occasionally and see what's up. Hmmm, not sure if that's the right phrase to use. LOL.
Melanie♥
My first Cherise Sinclair book and I am hooked!
Shannon
"Let me just get the door for you, bro." Jake's voice shook with laughter. The keypad beeped; the door squeaked slightly as it opened.

"Thanks." Logan turned to the swingers. He patted her butt. "Mine." His voice had a violent edge she didn't recognize, but the threatening tone came through loud and clear. "And I don't share."

Let me tell you, I LOVE a possessive hero. It just sets the butterflies off in my belly like crazy. Add to that a hero that is sexy, outdoorsy and suffering from PTSD and I'
Kathryn
This is my first book by Cherise Sinclair, an author I have wanted to read for a bit now but have been hesitant for a few reasons that have all proven pointless. I was very impressed with this book. My one tiny problem involved not being convinced or finding it believable that Rebecca could be so lacking in knowledge involving bdsm. But like I said, this is a minor complaint and one that is probably just a quirk involving me. 4 1/2 stars final.

The book is short but successfully pairs bdsm scenes
Jane Stewart
Lots of tying up, embarrassing, and pleasuring the woman. I would have liked a little more story, but it was good.

STORY BRIEF:
Rebecca is an artist working for an ad agency in San Francisco. Her live-in boyfriend Matt joined a swingers club. He wants Rebecca to accompany him for a long weekend in the mountains with the swingers club. Rebecca has rarely been pleased with sex, so she thinks she’ll give it a try. While there, she just isn’t into it and does not join in. When she goes to her cabin to
Charmaine Stephens
I think by far Cherise Sinclair is the best when it comes to writing BDSM. Her stories feel so realistic, sexy and have such substance. I had previously read books #1 - 6 in the Shadowlands series and I enjoyed those. But I think so far I'm loving the Mountain Masters series even more.

This was a sexy self discovery story I felt like between Rebecca & Logan. At first Rebecca is with her boyfriend Matt. But I didn't like Matt from the get go. I thought he was such an ass and always just inter
Nia
Nobody writes a better alpha male Dom than Cherise Sinclair. After Masters of the Shadowlands, I wanted MORE masters and in Master of the Mountain, we are introduced to hot and sexy Logan who saves Rebecca from a "swinging" weekend getaway that she's not interested in. I couldn't put this book down! Cherise always makes you stay up way past midnight to read every single word.

You know what I like most about Cherise Sinclair's books? She always pairs intelligent, tough and sexy men with intellig
Christy
Rebecca is dating Matt who seems perfect on the surface- but their relationship is really fizzling. Matt is in a club for swingers and Rebecca reluctantly tags along with him for a weekend get away trying to salvage what was left of their relationship... Rebecca realizes pretty quickly that she wasn't cut out for that. While in the mountains she meet Logan- Logan has a dark past from being in the military, nightmares haunt him and he is afraid to get close to anyone. Rebecca and Logan help each ...more
  • Doms of Dark Haven (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #1.5)
  • Graceful Submission (Graceful, #1)
  • Comfort Object (Comfort, #1)
  • Carrie's Answer (Worthington Group, #1)
  • Hostile Takeover (Knights of the Board Room, #5)
  • A Little Harmless Obsession (Harmless, #3)
  • The Men with the Golden Cuffs (Masters and Mercenaries, #2)
  • Into His Keeping
  • Nobody's Hero (Rescue Me Saga, #2)
  • Letting Go (Awakenings, #1)
  • Kidnapped for Christmas
  • Dear Sir, I'm Yours (The Connaghers #1)
  • Away From Me
Whenever I ask for BDSM recommendations, I am told the same two words all the time: Cherise Sinclair. ~ Under the Covers Reviews

Authors often say their characters argue with them. Unfortunately, since Cherise Sinclair’s heroes are Doms, she never, ever wins.

A USA Today bestselling author, she’s renowned for writing heart-wrenching romances with laugh-out-loud dialogue, devastating Dominants, and a
More about Cherise Sinclair...

Mountain Masters & Dark Haven (4 books)
  • Master of the Abyss (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #2)
  • My Liege of Dark Haven (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #3)
  • Edge of the Enforcer (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #4)
Club Shadowlands (Masters of the Shadowlands, #1) Dark Citadel (Masters of the Shadowlands, #2) Breaking Free (Masters of the Shadowlands, #3) Make Me, Sir (Masters of the Shadowlands, #5) Lean on Me (Masters of the Shadowlands, #4)

“No matter what historians claimed, BC really stood for "Before Coffee.” 261 likes
“the easiest way to keep a woman over your shoulder is with a hand on her ass, and the other between her legs.” 74 likes