Start by marking “Wounded Healer (Homeland Heroes #1)” as Want to Read:
Wounded Healer (Homeland Heroes #1)

Wounded Healer (Homeland Heroes #1)

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  138 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Flooded with panic, two words burst through Erin's mind: GET HELP. She ran for the door, but someone grabbed her, twisted her arm behind her. Erin's shriek was smothered by a cold, clammy hand.
'Shhh---' Breath tickled her ear---'Just take it easy. . . .'
Surrounded by the oppressive sand, heat, and tension of Operation Desert Storm, soldiers Erin Grayson and Christina McIn
Published August 1st 2009 by Zondervan (first published June 14th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Wounded Healer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wounded Healer

Jodie
I really liked this book by Donna Fleisher. Granted, Donna Fleisher has a style of writing that kind of drives me bonkers, but the storyline is excellent and the characters are the ones you are rooting for. There were some things in this book that I thought should not have been in there, but otherwise this was an excellent book.
Jennifer Wardrip
I've wanted to read WOUNDED HEALER for awhile, and I'm glad that I did, since I read it in a day. The story has a lot of good things going for it, but be forewarned that, at least for me, there were several things that were also so irritating I often wanted to throw the book against the wall.

Erin Grayson and Chris McIntyre served together during Operation Desert Storm. Although they obviously came from different backgrounds and had different belifes (Erin was a Christian and Chris was not), the
Shira Karp
Unfortunately, I was not a person who could wade through the preachy. Although not my faith, I enjoy many Christian fiction works when the religion is merely one part of the story. Because of that, I download pretty much all of the free Christian fiction novels, including this one. I didn't finish it, so I don't know how it ends but I can guess.

Bottom line: if you enjoy Christian fiction where the main plot-line is to help a character find Jesus and become a practicing Christian, you will enjoy
Beth - ;)
This book took me some time to read since it was on my e-reader and I generally only take it with me to appointments and such. But I finished my last library book and was close to finishing this so did so tonight. I found it very slow going at the beginning and considered not continuing, but did persevere and am glad I did. It was a free download, as were the sequels, so I will continue with the series, but not right away. Chris and Erin served together in Desert Storm, Chris as a medic and Erin ...more
Deloris  Mercer
Excellent

Excellent storyline, the setting is wonderful and the characters are so true to life. Thank you Msn. Fleisher. Look forward to more from this author.
Lillie
Erin credits Chris with saving her life in the war. Chris blames herself for Erin's injuries and the death of another soldier. Erin is a Christian; Chris, who has severe emotional damage from childhood trauma, is not. When Chris suffers another trauma, Erin is determined to help her. Chris is determined she won't be helped. I lost patience with both of them throughout the story, but the final result is good.
Mary
This was a great book about faith and friendship. In each of the women characters, Erin and Chris, you see the tough side and the soft vulnerable side. Erin was a good reminder to never give up on people. It wasn't a sappy, girls book about friendship, but it was about honestly loving someone, and believing God for what He wants to do in that person's life. The message of salvation was very clear.
Danielle
Wounded Healer (Homeland Heroes Series) by Donna Fleisher
This book was amazing!!!!! I loved reading this book and had looked forward to the rest of the series. Chris has such a strong personality. And she stops at nothing till she gets her way. She didn't let her past keep her from her potential to help others.
Connie
Good book in terms of demonstrating that behavior we often judge and reject without an attempt to understand, can have some deep wounds at the bottom of it The characters were a bit contrived, but still fairly realistic. It is a good example of how one's relationship to a loving Lord encourages one to persist in caring despite initial discouraging results.
Darice
not loving this book.

Very preachy and the friendship, which I know is platonic because it is a Christian book, at the beginning seemed much much more. The story would have felt more true/real if it was but instead it just makes it feel like bad writing.

Stopped in chapter 5
Sandi
Christian Fiction was new to me when I picked this book from Amazon's free kindle offerings. Seems contrived and overly preachy.
Amy Harper
Great series of books! Hoping this author writes more!
Margaret
Jul 14, 2010 Margaret marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Margaret by: Donna Fleisher
*Thanks to Donna Fleisher for my copy.*
abby riley
abby riley marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Pauline
Pauline marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Denise Pappu
Denise Pappu marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Brooke Wade
Brooke Wade marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Kathi Droskinis
Kathi Droskinis marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Angieleigh
Angieleigh marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Seymone
Seymone marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Audrey
Audrey marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
  • A Promise to Remember
  • Scent (Sensations, #1)
  • Farraday Road (Lije Evans Mysteries #1)
  • Naomi and Her Daughters
  • Snow Melts in Spring
  • The Homeplace
  • Off the Record
  • The Someday List (Jubuliant Soul #1)
  • The Christmas Lamp
  • The Weight of Shadows
  • Elvis Takes a Back Seat
  • Daring Chloe
  • The Real Enemy
  • Tender Graces
  • The Fence My Father Built
  • Always Watching (The Rayne Tour, #1)
  • The Incumbent (Madison Glenn #1)
  • Eternity's Edge (Echoes from the Edge, #2)
Valiant Hope (Homeland Heroes #3) Warrior's Heart (Homeland Heroes #2) Standing Strong (Homeland Heroes #4) indra's net