Wounded Healer (Homeland Heroes #1)

Wounded Healer (Homeland Heroes #1)

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  126 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Flooded with panic, two words burst through Erin's mind: GET HELP. She ran for the door, but someone grabbed her, twisted her arm behind her. Erin's shriek was smothered by a cold, clammy hand.
'Shhh---' Breath tickled her ear---'Just take it easy. . . .'
Surrounded by the oppressive sand, heat, and tension of Operation Desert Storm, soldiers Erin Grayson and Christina McIn...more
Published August 1st 2009 by Zondervan (first published June 14th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Wounded Healer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wounded Healer

Jodie
I really liked this book by Donna Fleisher. Granted, Donna Fleisher has a style of writing that kind of drives me bonkers, but the storyline is excellent and the characters are the ones you are rooting for. There were some things in this book that I thought should not have been in there, but otherwise this was an excellent book.
Jennifer Wardrip
I've wanted to read WOUNDED HEALER for awhile, and I'm glad that I did, since I read it in a day. The story has a lot of good things going for it, but be forewarned that, at least for me, there were several things that were also so irritating I often wanted to throw the book against the wall.

Erin Grayson and Chris McIntyre served together during Operation Desert Storm. Although they obviously came from different backgrounds and had different belifes (Erin was a Christian and Chris was not), the...more
Shira Karp
Unfortunately, I was not a person who could wade through the preachy. Although not my faith, I enjoy many Christian fiction works when the religion is merely one part of the story. Because of that, I download pretty much all of the free Christian fiction novels, including this one. I didn't finish it, so I don't know how it ends but I can guess.

Bottom line: if you enjoy Christian fiction where the main plot-line is to help a character find Jesus and become a practicing Christian, you will enjoy...more
Beth - ;)
This book took me some time to read since it was on my e-reader and I generally only take it with me to appointments and such. But I finished my last library book and was close to finishing this so did so tonight. I found it very slow going at the beginning and considered not continuing, but did persevere and am glad I did. It was a free download, as were the sequels, so I will continue with the series, but not right away. Chris and Erin served together in Desert Storm, Chris as a medic and Erin...more
Lillie
Erin credits Chris with saving her life in the war. Chris blames herself for Erin's injuries and the death of another soldier. Erin is a Christian; Chris, who has severe emotional damage from childhood trauma, is not. When Chris suffers another trauma, Erin is determined to help her. Chris is determined she won't be helped. I lost patience with both of them throughout the story, but the final result is good.
Mary
This was a great book about faith and friendship. In each of the women characters, Erin and Chris, you see the tough side and the soft vulnerable side. Erin was a good reminder to never give up on people. It wasn't a sappy, girls book about friendship, but it was about honestly loving someone, and believing God for what He wants to do in that person's life. The message of salvation was very clear.
Danielle
Wounded Healer (Homeland Heroes Series) by Donna Fleisher
This book was amazing!!!!! I loved reading this book and had looked forward to the rest of the series. Chris has such a strong personality. And she stops at nothing till she gets her way. She didn't let her past keep her from her potential to help others.
Connie
Good book in terms of demonstrating that behavior we often judge and reject without an attempt to understand, can have some deep wounds at the bottom of it The characters were a bit contrived, but still fairly realistic. It is a good example of how one's relationship to a loving Lord encourages one to persist in caring despite initial discouraging results.
Darice
not loving this book.

Very preachy and the friendship, which I know is platonic because it is a Christian book, at the beginning seemed much much more. The story would have felt more true/real if it was but instead it just makes it feel like bad writing.

Stopped in chapter 5
Sandi
Christian Fiction was new to me when I picked this book from Amazon's free kindle offerings. Seems contrived and overly preachy.
Amy Harper
Great series of books! Hoping this author writes more!
Margaret
Jul 14, 2010 Margaret marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Margaret by: Donna Fleisher
*Thanks to Donna Fleisher for my copy.*
Jane
Jane added it
Aug 30, 2014
Twen
Twen marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Andrea Glassman
Andrea Glassman marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Cathy Beckett
Cathy Beckett marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Michaela
Michaela marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Bbentley
Bbentley marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
  • Naomi and Her Daughters
  • Farraday Road (Lije Evans Mysteries #1)
  • A Promise to Remember
  • The Fence My Father Built
  • The Weight of Shadows
  • Daring Chloe
  • The Malacca Conspiracy
  • The Incumbent (Madison Glenn #1)
  • The Christmas Lamp
  • The Real Enemy
  • Perfect (Claire McCall #4)
Valiant Hope (Homeland Heroes #3) Warrior's Heart (Homeland Heroes #2) Standing Strong (Homeland Heroes #4)