Start by marking “Killing Moon (Moon, #1)” as Want to Read:
Killing Moon (Moon, #1)

Killing Moon (Moon #1)

3.68  ·  Rating Details ·  1,741 Ratings  ·  110 Reviews
Harlequin's bestselling author comes to Berkley with a sizzling paranormal thriller about a man's secret passion, a woman's dangerous desire...and a werewolf's curse.
Published October 2nd 2006 by Berkley (first published June 3rd 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Killing Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Killing Moon

Tilly Slaton
Nov 28, 2011 Tilly Slaton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Moon series by Rebecca York is a fantastic shape-shifting paranormal romance series.

Killing Moon is the first book in this series and is different from other shape-shifters I have read.

Ross Marshall, Private Investigator and werewolf, assists the police force in locating missing persons and more importantly ... serial killers involved in those cases.

Doctor Megan Sheridan is a research doctor working for Bio Gen Labs doing mostly genetic testing for clients. Losing the coin toss, she makes a
Amy
Feb 22, 2009 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
I really enjoyed this book - well written, good character development. I liked the whole werewolf myth in the story. Good one - I'll definitely read more from the series :)
Kathryn
Feb 05, 2009 Kathryn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well written, great characters with a good deal of depth, and excellent pacing. And come on, a werewolf and a serial killer make an excellent book that straddles the urban fantasy and paranormal romance genres, which I absolutely love. Must find the next book in the series. Thanks for the rec Shanon. :)
Michelle (meshe)
May 12, 2009 Michelle (meshe) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bookcrossing
PI Ross Marshall has a talent for tracking. Local police detective Jack Thornton has found Ross unusually helpful at solving homicide cases gone cold. Thornton can't figure out how Ross gets his info, but he's happy to have his help. Ross knows that his talent is genetic hires BioGen labs to run some tests. Genetiic researcher Megan Sheridan finds him unconscious when she drives to his home to get the blood sample for testing. As she nurses him she finds herself strangely attracted to him. Ross ...more
Jess
Nov 04, 2007 Jess rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, paranormal
1st in the series, is about Megan, a research dr. that is asked to take a sample of a new client, Ross, who is a werewolf and wants to figure out how to prevent children from dying in his family. But when the case he is working on catches up to he and Megan, he would do anything to protect his mate.
Morgan Sibbett
Jul 15, 2008 Morgan Sibbett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i loved it it's steamy and erotic
Jade aka MrsTosh
Feb 08, 2012 Jade aka MrsTosh rated it really liked it
Well what can I say about this book....I really enjoyed it!

I downloaded a file of Kindle books online and this series was included. I have had them for well over a year and have been working my way through the 2,000 books that were there. I am sorry I waited so long to read it!

The story is about a PI Ross Marshall who has a talent from tracking criminals, he is currently tracking a man who is responsible for the torture and murder of numerous women. He is so talented at tracking them down becau
Doranna Durgin
Dec 13, 2009 Doranna Durgin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just indulged in a re-read. Comfort food. Definitely want to find more of hers.
DaNela
Jul 24, 2008 DaNela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*BIO*
Mary
Jan 11, 2014 Mary rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I love used book stores. Not only can I find books that are on my 'need to get' list but by browsing the shelves I find unexpected treasures. When searching the paranormal section several months ago, I came across Killing Moon, the first in a series by Rebecca York. The synopsis on the back was intriguing - private investigator who is a wolf, genetic researcher female lead, serial killer, secrets, forces beyond their control. It all sounded like it was made for me. Unfortunately, it wasn't.

The h
Robin
This is about a werewolf named Ross and Megan who works for Bio Gen a research facility for DNA type testing. The premise of the story was good, Megan goes to Ross' house to do a blood test and get his genetic line. She finds him naked on the floor bleeding and out of his mind. She being a former physician decides to stay and help him. He has been shot. She nurses him for days and he comes around. The story really takes off from there with a serial murderer Ross is trying to catch and Megan gett ...more
Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe)
OK so this book was a different take into the world of werewolves, of course as in a lot of books based on werewolves, the werewolves are born. And that they have on mate in life. Nothing new in this book. Though the way that the author made it, is that the living child ratio is pretty slim, and that it really tears families apart rather than bring the ever lasting love other books bring. However, this book was a very enjoyable read because besides the fact that there is only one sex scene, and ...more
June
Mar 03, 2008 June rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who enjoy werewolf and romance
Shelves: werewolves
This is a great escapist read. It reminds me a lot of Meyer's Twilight. A woman attracted to a man by his supernatural powers and the man trying to resist her because he recognizes that he isn't good for a mortal woman, but trapped also.
Kathy
Sati Marie Frost
Mojca
S.L.
Sep 20, 2007 S.L. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: recentlyread
I freely admit that I like werewolf books. They have always been my "monster" of choice. Oh, vampires will do in a pinch, but werewolves hold more appeal to me.

And I've met Rebecca York and found her to be a very friendly, very kind woman, so the combination of her writing and my favorite supernatural creatures was set up to be a good one.

Ross Marshall is a private detective. He investigates crimes in ways that "normal" PIs can't, given his ability to shapeshift and take better advantage of his
Paranormal Romance
As a scientist and a non practicing doctor, the heroin has spent her life proving to herself and her abusive father that she's better than either of them give her credit for. She's timid and will avoid conflict when she can, remaining quiet about her unhappiness with her job and her crack head sister. But when she makes a house call to do a genetic makeup for a client, she finds herself in some serious conflict. The hero has been shot while investigating the disappearances of 2 young girls and n ...more
Roberta
I have a large collection of vampire books. They are my "monster" of choice so I haven't read many werewolf books. And I don't much like to mix my monsters either.

I picked up this book at a library fair because it had Rebecca York's name on the cover. I was a big fan of some of her other books, particularly the 43 Light Street series.

Ross Marshall is a private detective specializing in missing things and persons. He investigates crimes in ways that other PIs can't because he's a werewolf.

Afte
Patricia Eddy
Feb 14, 2013 Patricia Eddy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been reading a lot of fantasy lately, paranormal, witches, werewolves, vampires. This was definitely one of the better books in that genre. Ross is a werewolf. Megan is a human. It is pretty well telegraphed from the beginning that the two are going to fall in love, but the rest of the book is getting them there without much emphasis on the actual falling in love part. I mean that this isn't a romance book. There is a little romance, a little sex, but it's very understated. There are only t ...more
Theresa
Feb 24, 2016 Theresa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
#1 of the ‘Moon’ series.

Ross Marshall is a private investigator with unusual edge. He’s a wolf shifter, giving him heightened senses and speed. Due to his long life and career he has to move around a lot. His most recent refuge is a cabin on in the secluded woods near Montgomery, Maryland. When a serial killer moves into his neighborhood, he sneaks in to gather evidence for his local law enforcement contact.

Megan Sheridan is a Bio-Engineer working for Bio Gen while doing personal research in gen
Felicia (Ferishia)
nicoll lu
Dec 13, 2012 nicoll lu rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mini-book-club
In one sentence, this book suffers from a serious identity crisis as do its main characters. It deserves two stars only because I managed to finish it without thinking about giving up on it.
Having mustered through Killing Moon I can say that Rebecca York had a good idea. She wanted to write a different book, something that will not include your run-of-the-mill werewolf story. She wanted to tell the story about the human behind the wolf. Her intentions were good, but we all know with what the ro
Cathy
“Killing Moon” is a fresh take to the paranormal world. I’ve been reading a lot of fantasy lately and is always nice to read something a little different than the usual.

In the werewolf world the authors tend to write about insta- uncontrollable-love. The men are possessive and have little respect for the women wishes. Fortunately, Ross is the opposite. He has a dark background, full of sadness and family drama. He tends to keep to himself and avoid women. Mostly because he doesn’t want to put th
Britta
Megan was only doing her job when her boss asked her to take her lab supplies and go out to a client's house to take some blood. She just thought she'd be there for a few minutes to collect his blood and then head back to the lab so she might do some research on the genotypes in his sample.

Was she ever wrong.

PI Ross Marshall is a werewolf. And he's really good at his job. He has single handedly taken down one serial killer/rapist and is working on the second. Only problem? When the police didn'
Jeanie Jackson
Excellent. Rebecca York gives us high adventure in this paranormal, romantic suspense novel and I enjoyed that. Emma, while more prepared to face danger than most of us, is still easy to relate to and root for. York’s men are totally alpha and in Killing Moon that applies in two ways, Cole is also a werewolf.

In this 3rd Decorah Security novel the daughter of a wealthy and sometimes ruthless business man is kidnapped by a truly evil rival and held on a private sexual fantasy cruise ship where any
~Leslie~
Dec 28, 2011 ~Leslie~ rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book-nook
My rating is actually 3.5 stars. I have never read Rebecca York before and so was unsure what to expect. I thoroughly enjoyed this book, though there were a few things that kept it from being a 4 star read. Megan Sheridan is a doctor at a Genetics lab and she meets up with Ross Marshall when she goes out to collect a blood sample from him in order to perform genetics testing for him. He is werewolf and a PI who is working with the police to catch a serial killer. Since I love romantic suspense I ...more
Kate
I wasn't sure I was going like this romantic suspense / paranormal romance, especially with all the heavy petting (the main character is a werewolf--get it??). But it wasn't bad. I liked the thriller aspect of the story, hunting down a serial killer, and the characters weren't cardboard either. Of course, the book had more than one climax (har har). I'll probably read the next in the series--largely because I have books 3 & 4 sitting at home, but I'll need to read book 2 first.

9/3/08 - Sorry
Shell
The premise of the novel is that Dr. Megan Sheridan, a genetic researcher, visits Ross Marshall, a PI, to take a blood sample so that the lab she works at can begin genetic testing. Prior to her visit, Ross was tracking a potential suspect in a series of murders and is himself injured. Megan shows up at his doorstep, finds Ross injured and nurses him back to health, in the process finds him undeniably attractive. Thrown in a complication of the said murder suspect, a suspicious police detective, ...more
Sandra
This book was more like 2.5 stars. It was OK, I liked the characters, I liked the plot, but I wouldn't recommend it to someone who asked just because I think there are much better books in this genre. While I like relationship building, the first third dragged a little while the two main characters hemmed and hawed over the same issues/concerns. While I like a happy ending, the resolution was almost a little to perfect even for me. The second book is a spin-off from the cop character Jack Thorto ...more
USA Geography Cha...: Killing Moon by Rebecca York 1 1 Dec 29, 2014 01:22AM
  • Blue Moon (Nightcreature, #1)
  • Elemental Magic (Moon #6.5; Rai-Kirah #0.5 )
  • Daring The Moon (Moon, #1)
  • The Dark One (Wild Wulfs of London, #1)
  • Call of the Highland Moon (The MacInnes Werewolves Trilogy, #1)
  • Eternal Pleasure (Gods of the Night #1)
  • Wolf at the Door (The Others, #9)
  • Last Wolf Standing (Bloodrunners #1)
  • To Tempt the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #3)
  • Running Wild (Wild,  #1-3)
  • Hunter's Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #1)
  • Moon Awakening (Children of the Moon, #1)
  • I Burn for You (Primes, #1)
  • Awaiting the Moon
Ruth Glick (born 1942) is a best-selling author of healthy cookbooks and has also written dozens of romantic suspense romance novels under the pen name Rebecca York.

Ruth earned a B.A. in American Thought and Civilization from George Washington University and an M.A. in American Studies from the University of Maryland. Although she always wanted to become a writer, Glick was convinced that her lack
More about Rebecca York...

Moon (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Edge of the Moon (Moon #2)
  • Witching Moon (Moon #3)
  • Burning Moon (Moon, #3.5)
  • Crimson Moon (Moon #4)
  • Shadow of the Moon (Moon #5)
  • New Moon (Moon #6)
  • Huntress Moon (Moon, #6.5)
  • Ghost Moon (Moon #7)