Bloodrose (Nightshade, #3)

Bloodrose (Nightshade #3)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  17,466 ratings  ·  1,975 reviews
Calla has always welcomed war.

But now that the final battle is upon her, there's more at stake than fighting. There's saving Ren, even if it incurs Shay's wrath. There's keeping Ansel safe, even if he's been branded a traitor. There's proving herself as the pack's alpha, facing unnamable horrors, and ridding the world of the Keepers' magic once and for all. And then there...more
Published January 3rd 2012 by Philomel

To ask other readers questions about Bloodrose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bloodrose

Can't Wait Books of 2012
26th out of 2,501 books — 15,921 voters
YA Novels of 2012
17th out of 1,256 books — 10,026 voters

More lists with this book...

Dija
Thoughts before reading:

What I want demand to see in this book:

1. More Ren. We got a book dedicated to Shay, now I want one solely for Ren!!
2. No Shay. He's not even worthy of the screen-time he got in Wolfsbane, and it would be terribly inconsiderate of Cremer if she makes us tolerate him for one more entire book.
3. Calla growing up for once and making decisions for herself that don't immediately put everyone close to her in mortal danger.
4. Emile dying an extremely painful and drawn-out dea...more
Jana (The Book Goddess)

EDIT 10/7/12: If you want to feel loads better about this, read Nightshade 3.5: The Aftermath. I think it's only available as an e-book though. BUT TRUST ME. IT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER ABOUT THE ENDING. AND MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, GIVE YOU HOPE.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

WTF. WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT ENDING????????? Argh. I LOVE everything about this book. Except for the ultimate ending. I felt as if Cremer took the eas...more
Marie
description

Soooooo ANGRY! Just want to scream and forget what I just read.
I HATE IT. I HATE IT. I HATE IT.
BLOODROSE IS ONE OF THE WORST BOOKS EVER!!!!!! WITH AN ENDING THAT...IS WELL, CRAP.
This once amazing series is now ruined. It had so much potential..
I cannot believe what happened, and I LOVED this series, I gave both book 1 and 2 5 stars!
What I read, was shocking. All i can say is I wish I never read the series and am devasted, as will most fans be. I will always LOVE REN.
I cannot believe I wa...more
MISS VAIN
Jan 02, 2012 MISS VAIN rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: NOT EVEN MY WORST ENEMY
Congratulations Andrea Cremer for taking one of my favorite series and turning the last book in the trilogy into The Biggest Dissapointment I've read all year.

******My review is NOT based on the "winner" of Calla's heart*****

Im so pleased I didn't actually invest money on purchasing this book.....Since I read an ARC of this I'm thinking maybe this was Ms. Cremer's idea of a joke and she's rewriting and editing as we speak??!? Surely this can not be the finished copy??!! Say it isn't so Andrea...more
Jenna
Jan 09, 2012 Jenna rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: NO ONE!
(I assume you would be reading this review because you know all about the series, since this is the third book., so I will no longer summarize, etc, but I’ll be DIRECT to the point!)
Warning: there are rants in this review. lots of ‘em. and don’t read on if you don’t like rants.

HEARTBREAKING. Totally, downright and ONE-HUNDRED PERCENT DEPRESSING.

I haven’t, in my entire existence, ever read a book that I wanted to reap out into shreds for the unfairness of how the story went. I gave it a TWO star...more
Stormy
** LOTS OF CURSING AND RANTING!

There is only one word to describe how I am feeling at this moment.

P I S S E D

I hate myself for finishing the series.

WHAT A HORRIBLE ENDING!

UGH, I FEEL GUTTED.

Anyone who is Team Ren or has any amount of love for him, should not bother with this book. Your dreams, your hopes, will be smashed. You will regret it! Well, I certainly do.

(view spoiler)...more
Steph Sinclair
Mar 13, 2012 Steph Sinclair marked it as due-to-reviews-lost-interest
Let's do a little pre-reviewing.

If there is one thing that irritates me about this books blurb it's this sentence:
"There’s saving Ren, even if it incurs Shay’s wrath."
What?! Are we still on this tip Cremer? WTF? Shay's wrath? This is the issue I have with this series. Cremer can run around screaming "girl power!" all she wants, but I'll tell you what's really going on here. Boarderline domestic abuse disguised as love in sheep's clothing. Shay is an awful character and I'm sorry if his immat...more
Annabelle Marie Veronica
***FINAL RATING: 2.80 STARS***

CATCHALL
I really wanted to love this book. It hurts me that I couldn't love this book. I tried very hard, I really did. I honestly really tried to love this book. And after what I've heard, I was sure I would. But in the end, it wasn't for me. I liked it well enough, but I don't love it. And I can't. I just can't. This book made me cry for probably about an hour, and not necessarily happy tears. I can't give this book the rating I want to.

THE HEROINE
CALLA TOR
I lik...more
Zemira Warner
*BEFORE READING*

Team Ren all the way. If Calla ends up with Shay I will be so disappointed.

*AFTER READING*

WARNING:some swearing ahead

I think I hate this book more than Twilight series. And this is the worst way to get out of a love triangle. (view spoiler)...more
Annie Brewer
I can't believe it. I have waited a long time for this book and the day finally came and now.......well SHIT!!!!! I wish it NEVER came and I NEVER wasted my money. OMG. I loved the first 2 books. They were amazing, eventhough like I said before in my other reviews that I hated Calla. Yea, well THAT NEVER changed. OMG, Andrea WHAT WERE YOU THINKING????????? Seriously, you are an amazing writer but this book totally RUINED the entire series for me.

SO THANK YOU VERY MUCH for breaking my heart into...more
Nisha
Oct 07, 2011 Nisha added it
Why i think Calla and Ren should be together!

In the first book, at the end when Calla and Shay were about to leave and Ren found out he didnt stop them he actually let her go even tho he knew she was going off with Shay. He did it for her knowing that he was going to be in trouble. i think thats true love. .

And Shay

he gets mad when she brings up Ren . he doesnt even like the fact she is helping Ren. but he has no problem knowing that calla gets in trouble helping him.

that is not true love!
Katryn
TEAM REN!!!!!!!
Lisa Desrochers
BLOODROSE is amazing no... fantabulous I got it...orgasmic Hmm... There's not a word to describe how good this book is. Trust me, you want to read it. Now. And feel free to hate me. ;p
Holli

HOLLI’S REVIEW

“Do you still want Ren?”
I listened to my own heartbeat for a minute before answering.
“Yes.”
“That’s one hot mess, Cal.” Ansel smiled at me.

I milked this book for a week before I finally ripped off the Band-Aid and finished it up! Needless to say, I am one hot mess myself and I have a million things going on inside this brain of mine that I want to discuss. Unfortunately there is just not enough room, time, or patience on my part to hit them all, so bear with me, please!

Going into t...more
Kari
What?? Really?? I stayed up all night to read this book, and now I am mad I missed my sleep. What a waste! I hate when I am in love with a series just to have it end all wrong. My girl ended up with the WRONG person. The ending was horrible! This book would have been a 5 star for me but it went all wrong. never would I have guessed that ending! I feel disappointed, let down, and I can't lie...angry! I'm sad to say but I can't recommend this book.

One more thing... I am so mad at how much money I...more
is mee... kissa
no.. just... no. un. fair.
there was one part in this book that pretty much destroyed all meaning of this story to me (view spoiler), but apart from that, i was pretty much bored throughout this book (notice how long it took me to read it. i think that is a record for me right there). i realised that i was only really paying attention to scenes with Ren in it, and there were a lot less than i thought there would be, so that's a down side. aside from t...more
Whitney
Jan 17, 2012 Whitney rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who can withstand heartbreak...and who likes wolves.
Are. You. Fucking. Kidding. Me.

That ending. The last few chapters. Oh my God. My heart. It's broken. Ren. Oh, my poor Ren. I can't even.

Photobucket

I cannot believe that happened. How could an author be THAT cruel. I seriously can't fathom how brokenhearted I am. When I read that part, I couldn't stop crying. Holy shit. Thanks for breaking my heart and stomping on the pieces, Cremer. No really, thank you. See what you do to me? I can't even write a decent review.

Photobucket

Just...let me go wallow in my tears...in a...more
Nikita Shankar
Jan 07, 2012 Nikita Shankar rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People who will join me in a wild rampage to hunt Shay till his demise
Alright, I literally just opened a goodreads account so I could write this review for Bloodrose.
Why you ask? Because this book completely BLEW ME and I needed to rant and rave...Wait...cut that, this is only a RANT!

First off, be warned...this contains spoilers as I see no other way to put across my thoughts and feeling without referring to the book. After all, this is a rant, an outlet to get out my jacked up feelings.

All I can say is...WTF was going on in the ending? RENIER LAROCHE DIES! Like j...more
Kristin
Jan 07, 2012 Kristin marked it as mer
read the excerpt and I HAVE FAITH IN CALLA/REN
I wish it was possible to kill fictional characters. Shay would be dead in a heartbeat.

Update: January 2012
I'm sorry, but I will not be reading Wolfsbane or Bloodrose. I told myself I would stomach Wolfsbane as soon as Bloodrose came out and Ren and Calla got together. I heard about the ending of Bloodrose, and, well let's just say Andrea Cremer really fucked up. She lost my purchase of the last two books. SO that's that. It's almost as if, once Crem...more
Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews:::
Ok. Here goes.....

3 stars....yea, 3 feckn stars!! Never would have saw this shit coming but I should known since my girl Miss Vain gave it a 1! If I say too much it will spoil the surprise so Ill just wing it.

As others have said...this has nothing to do with Calla's choice. I would given this book a 4 maybe a 5 if certain events did not come to pass. I would say, but you'll just have to read this train wreck to understand! The ending I got it, knew it had to be done now that Iv thought about it...more
Sarah macferrin
Jess
You failed Andrea. Epically. What total bullshit ending was that. At 84% when It happened I stopped caring like I knew I would. I didn't want to know anymore and kept reading for these characters: Ansel, Bryn, Mason, Nev, Connor, Adne, Ethan and Stephen. No-one else.

This isn't my full review but it's part of it. I don't know if I'll even rate it to be honest.

FAIL!
Booknut
To all readers reading this book:

And that ending...THAT ENDING!!

Duchess Nicole
Wow, what a way to end a series...and not necessarily in a good way. Cremer has never showed a marked attachment to her characters. But she goes way out there with some things that happen in this book...I think if anyone reads this series, the way it will be remembered will always be defined by what happens during the last two chapters of this book.

Did I like the ending? No. Especially the epilogue. It was just so out of left field that it didn't feel like it was part of this story. I believe if...more
Mariya
People will either love or hate BLOODROSE. I am dead serious. I mean love as in smiling the entire time through the book and stuck with your eyes to the pages. And hate as in throwing the book across the room in a fit of rage. Calla really made me a bit mad in Nightshade, and in Wolfsbane she became better. Don't even mention BLOODROSE! I am enraged at this woman right now! I'm sorry, but I'm not really a huge Calla fan right now. Calla is a strong female alpha and all, but when it comes to rela...more
Rasmus
- Just finished this book and WOW.
Some thoughts about the book, spoilers might be present.

1. Calla going back and forth was a major drag.

2. This is book 3, I could handle her not knowing who to choose in book 1 but still going on in book 3 i MEAN CMON..

3. Them getting turned back to wolfs was pretty good, shay getting turned was pretty nonsense though imo, having him stay human so calla could swim in self loathing would have made me give this book 1 more star. Still that ending was harsh imagine...more
Kristy
Feb 22, 2012 Kristy rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: A cage fighter. Finish this series right before step in the cage and you're guaranteed a win.
Before reading the book

Read the first chapter. http://img2-2.timeinc.net/ew/static/p...

I have hope!! For Ren and Calla.

“You’re not getting out of this,” he growled, pulling me against
him. “I’m not letting you go. Not again.”
“I know,” I said, not resisting when he kissed me, wondering just
how deep a hole I was digging myself into. But I was afraid that saying anything to counter Ren’s hopes would make him change his
mind about coming with me. I couldn’t let that happen.
“Good.”
I felt him sm
Nandanie
My heart is aching. And no, it is NOT because of the "happy ending." It is because Andrea decided that she didn't want to write anymore, and in the process of being lazy, killed off like a bunch of characters!

Okay...don't go all crazy on me! I know, Suzanne Collins did the same in Mockingjay, book three of the Hunger Games. But, to be honest, it was dystopian! People are SUPPOSED to die and suffer!

Therefore, the fact that Andrea just...did that to Ren...it hurt like hellfire. In fact, hellfire w...more
♥Rachel♥
Had a hard time deciding what to rate this but in the end, I'm giving this 3 stars because there were parts I really liked: Ethan and Sabine, Connor and Adne, Ansel and Bryn. I loved the action and adventure.

I had a real hard time with Calla in this book though. For a good two-thirds of the book she really bugged me. If I had to hear one more time how both these alphas wanted her and she wanted them, I was going to throw the book out the window! Finally almost in the end she makes her choice, in...more
The ending. Did you like it or not??? 38 286 Aug 19, 2014 12:00PM
REN OR SHAY 14 67 Jun 23, 2014 09:18AM
Who else was ticked off at Cremer? 10 28 Jun 04, 2014 01:10PM
I'm Confuzzled. Is Shay forever a wolf or not? 9 46 Jan 09, 2014 09:47AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Bloodrose (Nightshade #3) by Andrea Cremer --> STARTS NOVEMBER 8 33 14 Nov 10, 2013 03:57PM
who didnt like the ending? 78 225 Nov 09, 2013 02:37PM
I need websites ASAP!!! 2 11 Aug 04, 2013 02:41AM
  • Taken by Storm (Raised by Wolves, #3)
  • Bargains and Betrayals (13 to Life, #3)
  • The Savage Grace (The Dark Divine, #3)
  • Magic of the Moonlight (Full Moon, #2)
  • Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire, #2)
  • Endlessly (Paranormalcy, #3)
  • Endure (Need, #4)
  • Dreaming Awake (Falling Under, #2)
  • Hidden (Firelight, #3)
  • Havoc (Deviants #2)
  • The Calling (Darkness Rising, #2)
  • Shine (Shade, #3)
  • Black Moon (Silver Moon, #2)
  • The Last Echo (The Body Finder, #3)
  • A Beautiful Evil (Gods & Monsters, #2)
  • Reckoning (Strange Angels, #5)
  • Taken at Dusk (Shadow Falls, #3)
  • The Wood Queen (The Iron Witch, #2)
Andrea Cremer is the author of the internationally bestselling Nightshade series. She spent her childhood daydreaming and roaming the forests and lakeshores of Northern Wisconsin.

Andrea has always loved writing and has never stopped writing, but she only recently plunged into the deep end of the pool that is professional writing. Before she wrote her first novel, Andrea was a history professor at...more
More about Andrea Cremer...
Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) Wolfsbane (Nightshade, #2) Rift (Nightshade Prequel, #1) Invisibility Rise (Nightshade Prequel, #2)

“Oh gods! My eyes!" Connor covered his face. "My innocence!"
"Shut up, Connor," I said, both relieved and disappointed by the interruption.”
126 likes
“Ren," I whispered. "I want-"
And then I was leaning over him, my cropped hair brushing against his cheeks as I bent to kiss him. Our lips met and I felt like I was diving into oblivion. The kiss grew deep, inmediate and hungry. He lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist, molding my body against his.”
82 likes