Start by marking “A Pirate's Pleasure (Cameron Family Saga #2)” as Want to Read:
A Pirate's Pleasure (Cameron Family Saga #2)

A Pirate's Pleasure (Cameron Family Saga #2)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  852 ratings  ·  38 reviews
She was his deffiant captive.

With her flame gold-hair and azure eyes, Skye Kinsdale was a prize beyond compare. Betrothed to a lord she'd never met, she set sail for America sworn to reject him on sight until the infamous pirate Silver Hawk seized her ship and banished all other men from her life. Burning with rage and passion, she was determined to destroy the arrogant bu
Published June 4th 1989 by Dell Publishing Company (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about A Pirate's Pleasure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Pirate's Pleasure

Gentle Rogue by Johanna LindseyRescued by the Buccaneer by Normandie AllemanCaptive of My Desires by Johanna LindseyBound by the Buccaneer by Normandie AllemanThe Gift by Julie Garwood
Historical Pirate Romance Books
17th out of 164 books — 364 voters
Bound by the Buccaneer by Normandie AllemanThe Pirate Lord by Sabrina JeffriesThe Windflower by Laura LondonRescued by the Buccaneer by Normandie AllemanThe Hawk by Monica McCarty
Pirate/Swashbucking Romance
9th out of 138 books — 183 voters

More lists with this book...

♡Karlyn P♡
2.5 -- This book is the classic example of an 80's romance novel with plenty of over-the-top action and cheesy romance dialogue. I can see why there are big fans of this book as the story is not meant to be taken seriously. It was a fun rompt story that never let up from the action.

My only big complaint was the heroine, as she got on my nerves. She fought, complained and put herself in danger non-stop! She pulls so many stupid decisions, all in the name of keeping the story action packed, but i
Emily
I love a good trashy Pirate romance. I really do. Why? I guess women love a bad boy. So I gladly delved into this one knowing it's considered a classic from the 1980's. Question: Why are romance novels from the 80s so much more enjoyable than the sterilized PC versions we have today? Are we expected to believe that men never forced themselves on women throughout history? Or that women were encouraged to yammer on about their opinions and needs with an attentive audience? Long diatribe short, I f ...more
Barbara M.
I enjoyed this one just ok I guess. It took me FOREVER to get through it though. There were some interesting (and unexpected) change of events come page 271. I was thinking something along the lines of bastard brother, but boy was I wrong! I'm usually pretty good at calling that kind of thing, but Graham really did shock me, and for that she get's an extra star for this rating... See, I'm fair!!!

The romance was cool to light medium heat, and I didn't like Skye very much, she was a winer. I did
Regan Walker
Powerful Pirate Love Story Well Told!

This was my first Heather Graham and it introduced me to a wonderful trilogy (The North American Women) that is a part of the Cameron Saga (see list below). It is the 2nd in the trilogy and I recommend reading them in order (which I have now done). This second one is set in 18th century America (Virginia) and the Caribbean, and it captivated me from page one. I never lost interest and neither will you.

Set in 1718, it's the story of Lady Skye Kinsdale whose fa
My first trashy romance novel! I will never forget you!
Dawn
Katt
I'm not entirely certain as to how I should be rating this book. I really liked the plot line. I LOVED Hawk and Roc. I enjoyed the twists and turns the story took as you though one thing only to have it disproved and then in a great turn about have what you thought be true, that was awesome! Sadly I really could have done with out Skye. Yes, she had a strong sprite, and it was awesome to have her fight with a sword and be good at it. But DAMNED if she didn't remind me of Scarlett O'Hara! And I'm ...more
Lorelle
If you have a thing for Pirate stories, then you've got to read this one. The Silver Hawk is a great Pirate Character and Skye is OTT with drama. Skye is in constant peril and she is like the energizer bunny in her efforts to escape ( and I say this with a smirk on my face! :)
Maria
My first romance novel. It was bought as a gag gift and read aloud with two roommates and occasionally with one slightly uncomfortable male friend. Oh pirates...
Diana
The Silver Hawk takes Skye's boat captive, but he may be more than he seems.

Good concept, but it felt forced and unbelievable.
Pixie
This wasn't bad, but I wouldn't call it "wow" or "great literature", either, of course. Haha. I also normally don't go for these types of novels in general... but it was a fun read, nonetheless. It had some twists, nice descriptions, and I read it fast. I read it a couple years ago and it was enjoyable. Hey, I do love pirates, too. Can someone say "Captain Jack Sparrow"?? Wooo!
I would recommend it to someone who likes erotica/romance or historical romance of this type as they'd probably quite l
Alex
It's really a 3.5 out of 5 stars. It was an engaging book and it flows soo well!

Alex's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Taffey Champion
This was a wonderful, swashbuckling romantic adventure. The romance scenes were realistic for a young woman of the aristocracy falling in love with a gorgeous pirate. A nobleman in pirate disguise is more like it, as this hero attempts to help an overly-ambitious aristoctatic friend rid the seas of all pirate vermin.
mobit
This book was great fun! A guilty pleasure, yes. If you enjoy a good swashbuckling romance, cases of mistaken identity, disguises, and happy endings---it doesn't get much better than this.
Julie
what a load of rubbish usually like this author but this is one of her worst books
Christy Austen
It lived up to my expectations; It was horrible.
Mitzi
Pretty good story. Skye Kinsdale is betrothed to a lord named Cameron she's never met in America and sets sail from Europe planning to break off the engagement when she see's him. Her ship is captured at sea by a pirate Silver Hawk. She doesn't know it, but Silver Hawk is her betrothed. She falls in love with the pirate, but when he leaves her to meet her fiance, she also ends up falling in love with him (she doesn't know they are aren't cousins) but the same man. Fun story.
Ana
This is my favorite pirate book! It is sexy, has the prerequisite high seas adventure, the evil nemesis and two equally attractive and strong main characters. I adored the tension seething between them and enjoyed their verbal ripostes against each other. I first read this a long time ago but the story never gets old. A classic romantic swashbuckling novel that deserves 5 Stars!
Danette Steward
It was OK. The heroine absolutely got on my nerves. An absolute drama queen. Premise/plot should have produced a good entertaining read. Author annoyed me with all the "she cried", "he cried" in the H/H dialogs. Kept picturing a bunch of whining. I don't think I can stomach another book by this author.
Kate
I'm not a fan of this book. The characters were so annoying. Skye, the "heroine" kept repeating the same arguments and was basically whiny and demanding. I realize that she was kidnapped, but I like to suspend disbelief in my romance novels, and go along with it. That's why I read them.
Lady Van Helsing
Netha
Sep 05, 2008 Netha rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Netha by: shinta
Buku ini kubaca atas rekomend dari shinta
baca2 halaman awal rada males sih
tapi lama2 asik juga dibaca
yg paling kusuka adalah tokoh ceweqnya tipe ceweq pemberani
ga nyerah gitu aja dibawah pesona lelaki
Jan
Po zpackaných a nudných 50 odstínech temnoty byla tato kniha vskutku osvěžující. A to i přesto, že je to jinak totální romantická slátanina se všemi možnými prohřešky, jichž se brak dopouští na literatuře.
Cara
Was the plot a little stupid? Sure. Did I absolutely know what I was getting when I picked up this book? Obviously. Heather Graham writes great tension though, so worth a quick read for that.
Stacy Brown
I read this series about once a year or maybe every two. Started them in high school so that's been, well, a long time. Still enjoy them just as much.
Jen
I liked this much better than Sweet Savage Eden, but with that said, nothing really stood out to me one way or another. Good or bad? I don't know...
Noelle
First romance novel, bought as a gag gift (sort of) for a friend. Read aloud, snickered. teehee "sea slime"
Paperback_hussie
This one was the 1st historical I've read in a very long time!!! But it was good and a nice change.
Victoria Blacke
Quintessential bodice ripping romance! I judge all other pirate romances by this one! Love it!
  • Crimson Rapture
  • Bride of the Wind
  • Lovesong (Song, #1)
  • Embrace and Conquer
  • Velvet Chains
  • The Princess and Her Pirate (Sedonia, #1)
  • My Wicked Pirate
  • Pleasuring the Pirate
  • Lady Vixen
  • Passion's Ransom
  • Wicked Loving Lies (Morgan-Challenger, #3)
  • Island Flame (Pirates, #1)
  • My Lady Vixen
  • Tell Me Lies
Also published as Heather Graham Pozzessere and Shannon Drake.

New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Heather Graham majored in theater arts at the University of South Florida. After a stint of several years in dinner theater, back-up vocals, and bartending, she stayed home after the birth of her third child and began to write, working on short horror stories and romances. After some tria
More about Heather Graham...

Cameron Family Saga (6 books)
  • Sweet Savage Eden (Cameron Family Saga #1)
  • Love Not a Rebel (Cameron Family Saga #3)
  • One Wore Blue (Cameron Family Saga, #4)
  • And One Wore Gray (Cameron Family Saga #5)
  • And One Rode West (Cameron Family Saga #6)
Ghost Walk  (Harrison Investigation, #2) Deadly Night (Flynn Brothers, #1) Phantom Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #1) Ghost Shadow (Bone Island Trilogy, #1) Haunted (Harrison Investigation, #1)

“Ръцете му галеха косите й и страните й.
- Успокой се, Скай... Светлината никога не ще изгасне, обещавам ти.
Тя постепенно спря да трепери и заспа безметежно.
Дълбокото й равномерно дишане го накара да се отмести малко и той с вълнение заразглежда обляното в сълци лице. Беше хубава, трябваше да признае това. Разбра, че рано или късно ще изгуби битката с това момиче. Тя беше негова пленничка, но прикованият във вериги бе той. Никога нямаше да му даде сърце да я пусне ей така. Преди да приключи всичко, тя трябва да бъде негова. И тогава вече честта й ще му принадлежи.”
0 likes