Start by marking “A Pirate's Pleasure (North American Woman Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Pirate's Pleasure (North American Woman Trilogy, #2)

A Pirate's Pleasure (North American Woman Trilogy #2)

3.99  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,039 Ratings  ·  41 Reviews
She was his deffiant captive.

With her flame gold-hair and azure eyes, Skye Kinsdale was a prize beyond compare. Betrothed to a lord she'd never met, she set sail for America sworn to reject him on sight until the infamous pirate Silver Hawk seized her ship and banished all other men from her life. Burning with rage and passion, she was determined to destroy the arrogant bu
Published June 4th 1989 by Dell (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about A Pirate's Pleasure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Pirate's Pleasure

Gentle Rogue by Johanna LindseyRescued by the Buccaneer by Normandie AllemanCaptive of My Desires by Johanna LindseyThe Gift by Julie GarwoodBound by the Buccaneer by Normandie Alleman
Historical Pirate Romance Books
19th out of 181 books — 401 voters
Bound by the Buccaneer by Normandie AllemanThe Pirate Lord by Sabrina JeffriesThe Windflower by Laura LondonRescued by the Buccaneer by Normandie AllemanThe Hawk by Monica McCarty
Pirate/Swashbucking Romance
11th out of 155 books — 210 voters

More lists with this book...

♡Karlyn P♡
2.5 -- This book is the classic example of an 80's romance novel with plenty of over-the-top action and cheesy romance dialogue. I can see why there are big fans of this book as the story is not meant to be taken seriously. It was a fun rompt story that never let up from the action.

My only big complaint was the heroine, as she got on my nerves. She fought, complained and put herself in danger non-stop! She pulls so many stupid decisions, all in the name of keeping the story action packed, but i
Emily
Sep 21, 2012 Emily rated it liked it
I love a good trashy Pirate romance. I really do. Why? I guess women love a bad boy. So I gladly delved into this one knowing it's considered a classic from the 1980's. Question: Why are romance novels from the 80s so much more enjoyable than the sterilized PC versions we have today? Are we expected to believe that men never forced themselves on women throughout history? Or that women were encouraged to yammer on about their opinions and needs with an attentive audience? Long diatribe short, I f ...more
Regan Walker
Powerful Pirate Love Story Well Told!

This was my first Heather Graham and it introduced me to a wonderful trilogy (The North American Women) that is a part of the Cameron Saga (see list below). It is the 2nd in the trilogy and I recommend reading them in order (which I have now done). This second one is set in 18th century America (Virginia) and the Caribbean, and it captivated me from page one. I never lost interest and neither will you.

Set in 1718, it's the story of Lady Skye Kinsdale whose fa
Barbara
Jun 23, 2009 Barbara rated it liked it
I enjoyed this one just ok I guess. It took me FOREVER to get through it though. There were some interesting (and unexpected) change of events come page 271. I was thinking something along the lines of bastard brother, but boy was I wrong! I'm usually pretty good at calling that kind of thing, but Graham really did shock me, and for that she get's an extra star for this rating... See, I'm fair!!!

The romance was cool to light medium heat, and I didn't like Skye very much, she was a winer. I did
Feb 28, 2011 Jennifer rated it it was ok
My first trashy romance novel! I will never forget you!
Dawn
Jun 08, 2014 Dawn rated it really liked it
I'm not entirely certain as to how I should be rating this book. I really liked the plot line. I LOVED Hawk and Roc. I enjoyed the twists and turns the story took as you though one thing only to have it disproved and then in a great turn about have what you thought be true, that was awesome! Sadly I really could have done with out Skye. Yes, she had a strong sprite, and it was awesome to have her fight with a sword and be good at it. But DAMNED if she didn't remind me of Scarlett O'Hara! And I'm ...more
Katt
Mar 30, 2010 Katt rated it really liked it
Lorelle
If you have a thing for Pirate stories, then you've got to read this one. The Silver Hawk is a great Pirate Character and Skye is OTT with drama. Skye is in constant peril and she is like the energizer bunny in her efforts to escape ( and I say this with a smirk on my face! :)
Maria
May 08, 2007 Maria rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, pirates
My first romance novel. It was bought as a gag gift and read aloud with two roommates and occasionally with one slightly uncomfortable male friend. Oh pirates...
Diana
Feb 16, 2008 Diana rated it liked it
The Silver Hawk takes Skye's boat captive, but he may be more than he seems.

Good concept, but it felt forced and unbelievable.
Anna Mcfadden
Aug 18, 2016 Anna Mcfadden rated it it was amazing
Lady Skye Kinsdale set sail from England to Virginia to wed a man she did not love. a man Lord Peroc Carmen whose father was the best friend of her father. the Father's agree to an arrange marriage. when her ship is taken by the famous Silver Hawk. As she fights the strong attraction . Silver hawk banishes all men from het life and she swares she would never fall into the arms of seas Prince. Burning with rage and passion, she was determined to destroy the arrogant buccaneer, to be free at any c ...more
Pixie
This wasn't bad, but I wouldn't call it "wow" or "great literature", either, of course. Haha. I also normally don't go for these types of novels in general... but it was a fun read, nonetheless. It had some twists, nice descriptions, and I read it fast. I read it a couple years ago and it was enjoyable. Hey, I do love pirates, too. Can someone say "Captain Jack Sparrow"?? Wooo!
I would recommend it to someone who likes erotica/romance or historical romance of this type as they'd probably quite l
Alex
Oct 07, 2014 Alex rated it really liked it
It's really a 3.5 out of 5 stars. It was an engaging book and it flows soo well!

Alex's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Taffey Champion
Mar 26, 2014 Taffey Champion rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful, swashbuckling romantic adventure. The romance scenes were realistic for a young woman of the aristocracy falling in love with a gorgeous pirate. A nobleman in pirate disguise is more like it, as this hero attempts to help an overly-ambitious aristoctatic friend rid the seas of all pirate vermin.
mobit
Feb 22, 2014 mobit rated it it was amazing
This book was great fun! A guilty pleasure, yes. If you enjoy a good swashbuckling romance, cases of mistaken identity, disguises, and happy endings---it doesn't get much better than this.
Koxecho
Jun 08, 2016 Koxecho rated it really liked it
One of the better pirate romances I've read (I've read at least 10). I thought this was a particularly well-written book, especially for a romance novel. Heather Graham describes sensations and actions that I hadn't realized were missing. This book has some fantastic intimate and romantic scenes as well as some solid erotic scenes. Her descriptions and story enhanced this read for me immensely. There were a few parts where I wished the heroine had been a little stronger of a woman, the character ...more
Julie
Oct 17, 2014 Julie rated it did not like it
what a load of rubbish usually like this author but this is one of her worst books
Rachel Merz
I couldn't even finish this book. It drug on and on!
Christy Austen
Jan 22, 2015 Christy Austen rated it did not like it
It lived up to my expectations; It was horrible.
Mitzi
Pretty good story. Skye Kinsdale is betrothed to a lord named Cameron she's never met in America and sets sail from Europe planning to break off the engagement when she see's him. Her ship is captured at sea by a pirate Silver Hawk. She doesn't know it, but Silver Hawk is her betrothed. She falls in love with the pirate, but when he leaves her to meet her fiance, she also ends up falling in love with him (she doesn't know they are aren't cousins) but the same man. Fun story.
Paula
Aug 01, 2016 Paula rated it it was ok
DNF (at 60%) I can't anymore this book is so FRUSTRATING!!! URGH!
Ana
Jul 03, 2013 Ana rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite pirate book! It is sexy, has the prerequisite high seas adventure, the evil nemesis and two equally attractive and strong main characters. I adored the tension seething between them and enjoyed their verbal ripostes against each other. I first read this a long time ago but the story never gets old. A classic romantic swashbuckling novel that deserves 5 Stars!
Danette Steward
Mar 03, 2011 Danette Steward rated it it was ok
Shelves: graham-heather
It was OK. The heroine absolutely got on my nerves. An absolute drama queen. Premise/plot should have produced a good entertaining read. Author annoyed me with all the "she cried", "he cried" in the H/H dialogs. Kept picturing a bunch of whining. I don't think I can stomach another book by this author.
Kate
I'm not a fan of this book. The characters were so annoying. Skye, the "heroine" kept repeating the same arguments and was basically whiny and demanding. I realize that she was kidnapped, but I like to suspend disbelief in my romance novels, and go along with it. That's why I read them.
Lady Van Helsing
Jul 01, 2008 Lady Van Helsing rated it it was ok
Netha
Sep 05, 2008 Netha rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Netha by: shinta
Buku ini kubaca atas rekomend dari shinta
baca2 halaman awal rada males sih
tapi lama2 asik juga dibaca
yg paling kusuka adalah tokoh ceweqnya tipe ceweq pemberani
ga nyerah gitu aja dibawah pesona lelaki
Jan
Jan 30, 2013 Jan rated it liked it
Po zpackaných a nudných 50 odstínech temnoty byla tato kniha vskutku osvěžující. A to i přesto, že je to jinak totální romantická slátanina se všemi možnými prohřešky, jichž se brak dopouští na literatuře.
Cara
Aug 31, 2013 Cara rated it it was ok
Was the plot a little stupid? Sure. Did I absolutely know what I was getting when I picked up this book? Obviously. Heather Graham writes great tension though, so worth a quick read for that.
Stacy Brown
Mar 21, 2011 Stacy Brown rated it really liked it
I read this series about once a year or maybe every two. Started them in high school so that's been, well, a long time. Still enjoy them just as much.
  • Crimson Rapture
  • Desire in Disguise
  • Tell Me Lies
  • My Lady Vixen
  • My Wicked Pirate
  • Wicked Loving Lies (Brandon-Morgan #6)
  • Savage Surrender
  • Bride of the Wind
  • Pleasuring the Pirate (How To, #2)
  • Embrace and Conquer
  • Island Flame (Pirates, #1)
  • The Game (deWarenne Dynasty, #4)
  • Fire & Ice
Also published as Heather Graham Pozzessere and Shannon Drake.

New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Heather Graham majored in theater arts at the University of South Florida. After a stint of several years in dinner theater, back-up vocals, and bartending, she stayed home after the birth of her third child and began to write, working on short horror stories and romances. After some tria
More about Heather Graham...

North American Woman Trilogy (3 books)
  • Sweet Savage Eden (North American Woman Trilogy, #1)
  • Love Not a Rebel (North American Woman Trilogy, #3)

“Ръцете му галеха косите й и страните й.
- Успокой се, Скай... Светлината никога не ще изгасне, обещавам ти.
Тя постепенно спря да трепери и заспа безметежно.
Дълбокото й равномерно дишане го накара да се отмести малко и той с вълнение заразглежда обляното в сълци лице. Беше хубава, трябваше да признае това. Разбра, че рано или късно ще изгуби битката с това момиче. Тя беше негова пленничка, но прикованият във вериги бе той. Никога нямаше да му даде сърце да я пусне ей така. Преди да приключи всичко, тя трябва да бъде негова. И тогава вече честта й ще му принадлежи.”
0 likes