Day of the Predator (TimeRiders, #2)

Day of the Predator (TimeRiders #2)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  2,070 ratings  ·  187 reviews
Liam O’Connor should have died at sea in 1912.
Maddy Carter should have died on a plane in 2010.
Sal Vikram should have died in a fire in 2026.

But all three have been given a second chance—to work for an agency that no-one knows exists. Its purpose—to prevent time travel destroying history . . .

When Maddy mistakenly opens a time window where and when she shouldn’t have, Liam...more
Published August 5th 2010 by Puffin

To ask other readers questions about Day of the Predator, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Day of the Predator

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey NiffeneggerOutlander by Diana GabaldonThe Time Machine by H.G. WellsHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. RowlingTimeline by Michael Crichton
Best Time Travel Fiction
261st out of 967 books — 3,053 voters
The Clay Lion by Amalie JahnThe Last Timekeepers and the Arch of Atlantis by Sharon LedwithKnot in Time by Alan  TuckerLightmasters by M.G. WellsTime Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone
YA + MG Time Travel
64th out of 155 books — 138 voters

More lists with this book...

Erik
UPDATE: Trojka vyjde na Slovensku na jeseň, taký november :)

Okej, tie posledné strany, to bolo niečo, a docvakujú mi postupne také niektoré veci, že sám neviem, čo ma bude ešte čakť v dalsich dieloch, paneboze a to ich ma byt este 7!!! Panenka skákavá!
Stu - (Sequere me in tenebras)
"There be dinosaurs here, but not as we know them!"

Welcome one and all to the second book in Alex Scarrow's Timeriders series. I sound a little more upbeat in comparison to the first novel don't I? Well I am. It's much improved.

This time around Liam and his new female meat robot 'Becks' are sent forward in time to rescue a 'future' physicists, Edward Chan, who writes the first paper on theoretical time travel. Let's just say best laid plans are always prone to a mishap or two. It involves a pin...more
Darren Hartwell
I read the first book in the series back in February and I loved it. However, now that I have read Day of the Predator, the second book in the series, I can honestly say that I have not been this excited about a series for a long time. As fas as anticipation for 'the next book' goes, I can compare it to how I feel about MG Harris' Joshua Files series and how I felt about the Percy Jackson books. And with Alex Scarrow having signed a nine book deal with Puffin I am looking forward to reliving thi...more
Stephanie
Everyone does what they can to extend their lives, whether it be exercise, healthy eating, crystals and quack healers, or a bribe or two slipped to someone in power. Most of us, though, aren’t ripped out of our personal timeline moments before facing death. Most of us don’t find ourselves in the employ of a mysterious organisation working to save the world from the dangers of time travel…by using fire to fight fire. For Maddy, Sal, and Liam, however, this strange turn of events is reality. All h...more
Sašenka
Objektívne? Veľmi dobré. Tú poslednú vetu - asi tak stranu predtým som začala tušiť, že to tak je, ale akože WTF??? to čo je za koniec?
Jediný môj problém s touto knihou bolo zlé načasovanie. Tesne predtýmto som čítala ešte kus namakanejšie sci-fi a nie jedno a toto bolo oproti tomu slabé. Keby som to čítala v inom poradí, asi by ma to chytilo o veľký kus viac. Takto ... no neužívala som si to až tak ako by sa patrilo.
A priznám sa, oveľa viac sa mi páčili a zaujímali ma časti v New Yorku ako ti...more
Erik
Uf, po tomto sa neda nepokracovat... Naozaj neda... Myslel som si ze dinosaury budu nuda... Ale Alex je proste stary fičúr a... Enough is enough, hor sa do trojky... Preco som si ju zasa nechal v praci?!?
Reetta Saine
Dinot ei ole mun cuppa, mutta evoluution kautta nekin innostivat. Repiminen ja huvikseen raateleminen tietysti myös. Homma pysyy edelleen kasassa loistavasti, ja kurkittuani tulevia osia luvassa on kaikkea herkkua.

Ehkä pakko ostaa englanniksi kirjastoon ja hioa tästä hemmetin hyvä vinkkaus tehdäkseen oikeutta kirjalle.

On muuten nettikaupassa älyttömän halpa - vink vink.
Matti Karjalainen
Joskus sitä törmää nuortenkirjoihin, jotka saavat toivomaan, että aikamatkustus olisi mahdollista. Haluaisin nimittäin palata tämä kirja mukanani takaisin vuoteen 1990, jolloin kymmenvuotias minä oli rakastanut tätä kirjaa syvästi ja antaumuksella.

Alex Scarrow'n "Saalistajan aika" (Buster Nordic, 2013) on Time Riders-sarjan toinen osa, jossa Liam, Maddy ja Sal jatkavat seikkailujaan yrittäen korjata aikamatkailun aiheuttamia vääristymiä historiassa ja tulevaisuudessa. Apunaan heillä on tällä ker...more
Hobby
Gooossshh... it's a long time since I found series that really good ( I guess since Harry Potter, only a few fantasy stories that make me hardly put-down the book until it's finished, that regret it why the adventure come to the end) ... I really-really hope the Indonesian publisher will continue release the whole series, 'coz is so aadicted to find-out more where the adventure will taking the three teenager of Time Riders !!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR FANTASY-MANIA !!

more about this book, just chec...more
Space
Good wow. This book is so much better than the first one! The action is intense and relentless, the plot is fantastic and the story line is terrifying. A group of high-school students is accidentally transported back in time to 65 million years BC. They have to find a way to leave a message for the Time Riders, letting them know when they are so they can be rescued - all the while fighting for the lives against a horrific and extremely intelligent species of dinosaur.

Now we've all ready Crichton...more
Annabel
Better than the last one, in places. I felt like the writing flowed a little bit better, although there was still occasional telling rather than showing. One chapter in particular comes to mind where a host is leading some kids round on a field trip, and every line of his is prefaced with: "As I'm sure you're aware..." If they already know it, why tell them? It came across as artificial, but thankfully, I only noticed it this one time- can't be sure, maybe it was in other parts as well.
The chara...more
Jason
3.5 Stars

Day of the Predator, book 2 in the TimeRiders series is a quick and fun read. This adventure has way less time travel and back and forth then the first, but it does have....dinosaurs. This book is a far simpler book, than the first. We get only a very small amount of additional character backstory and world building. The POV's only really flop between Liam and the crew at present day.

This story is about an accident that causes our team to travel way back to dinosaur time. What changes c...more
Felita Hardigaloeh
insiden rusaknya tubuh Bob (A.I. serba guna yg sering pairing dg Liam) mbuat maddy, sal dan liam kembali menjelajahi waktu utk mendapatkan tubuh baru bob.

perjalanan ini lancar, dan rencana mereka menunggu tenang sampai bob yg baru terbentuk diinterupsi ama pesan dari masa depan

peristiwa kontaminasi.terjadi pembunuhan terhadap Edward Chan, penulis teori perjalanan waktu yang pertama......

maddy lgsg bereaksi, jika edward chan sudah terbunuh berarti time travel beresiko tidak ada. jika tidak ada, b...more
Wahyu Nurasman
meskipun masih banyak lubang yang terjadi di buku ini berkenaan dengan konsep perjalanan waktunya saya akui bahwa buku ini menarik untuk diikuti, dengan gaya bercerita yang ringan (dan terjemahan yang sedikit terburu-buru) rasanya nggak rela untuk tidak melanjutkan seri ini dan membaca misteri dibalik apa yang terjadi di buku2 sebelumnya.

btw, sebagian nama mengingatkan dengan Joshua Files >.< dan penulis secara tidak sadar memasukkan pendapat pribadinya tanpa alasan yang jelas disini :D
♥iDevourBooks♥ ☆Sonic~Obsessed☆
Gosh, this book was good! I didn't know it'd be THIS good! Especially the part where they add a sprinkle of mystery from the middle of the novel to the end. Plus, time-travel is WAY past cool!

Maddy, Liam, and Sal return and Liam is accidentally transported into the past...into the time of the dinosaurs! And if Maddy and Sal don't bring him back, the entire world will change for worse.

I hope others find this book as enjoyable as I found it!!!
Chay
I've read many reviews where readers are saying that Day of the Predator is better than Time Riders #1 ~ However, there's nothing to be "better" about. It's equally as educational (about history) as book # 1 that dealt with an alternate outcome to Adolf Hitler's Reich.

Book #2 is another great story about a different era of history- the Cretaceous period roughly 65,000,000 B.C. The only thing that felt different this time around (in terms of reading experience) is that the reader already has a g...more
Seán
Mar 13, 2012 Seán rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: i-own
WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST READ. I won't spoil, but the ending.... It has been on my mind a couple of times, but still, this is a surprise... Wow.

I love how they show the different futures, it's really cool and makes me think about the present world a lot, because it's pretty shit.

BUT REALLY, THE END!!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!

So I really recommend this book, even if you haven't read the first book, GO READ IT!
Kahlan23
okej,takže je to za mnou.ja si pekne nadávam,že som sa vôbec takú dlhú dobu vyhýbala týmto knihám,ani neviem prečo. rovnako skvelé ako jednotka.záver som čakala bo ja blbá som si to prečítala v komentoch či kde tu ešte v čase keď som nad knihami nerozmýšľala. no aj tak som sa po konci mala chuť smiať jak blázon,bo zmysel to dáva a ja chcem pokračovanie =D
Dennis
Jun 13, 2014 Dennis rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anybody who liked the first book
Well, well... I finished reading the second book in the TimeRiders series by Alex Scarrow. And allow me to say that I was pleasantly surprised. If the présence of dinosaurs turns you off, well, give this book a second chance, and just like me, you will be in for a surprise. Let me warn you though, the TimeRiders series form one seamlessly connected story, so don't read this book before having read the first one.

Day of the Predator continues with the story right where the first book left off. Fos...more
Melbourne on my mind
I think I preferred this book to the first one in the series. I mean, time travelling to the Cretaceous? Uh, YES. The characters are fun - although reading things from a sort-of-dinosaur's point of view was a LITTLE weird - and the way they solve the "Oh crap, we're lost in history and no one knows where" thing was pretty nifty. Making the support unit a teenager like the main characters rather than an Arnold Schwarzenegger type was great too as it was less of a deus ex machina than the first ti...more
Shaola
V skutočnosti 4,5* Výborná kniha, niektorým veciam z konca trochu nerozumiem, ale snáď sa ešte vysvetlia v ďalších dieloch. Dinosaury skvelí, už sa teším na Robina Hooda :)
Effymathers
Je vais être honnête : ce second tome m'a beaucoup moins plu que le premier. Je ne sais pas si c'est parce-que le premier tome sert au placement de l'histoire, qu'on y découvre les personnages, leur caractère, qu'on vit avec eux leurs appréhensions et qu'on comprend toutes les questions qu'ils se posent sur la fameuse agence des Time Riders, mais j'ai préféré le premier tome. Je pense que cela vient du fait que j'avais beaucoup d'attentes concernant ce second tome. Je m'attendais à quelques répo...more
Ditochan
di seri kedua ini liam dan beck terdampar di zaman yang sangat lampau dalam misi menyelamatkan edward chan dan harus mengadapi dinosaurus super cerdas yang bisa meniru dan beradaptasi seperti manusia.
di sisi lain maddy mendapat pesan khusus yang berkata kunci "pandora". Maddy kelihatan sangat frustasi akan 2 hal, yang pertama karena dia harus menjadi pemimpin tim dan bukan foster, yang kedua harus menyimpan rahasia pada liam dan sal..
yang pasti novel kedua super duper makin seru dari novel seri...more
CHEESEBURGER
Ok, so at the end of the book, the girl with glasses finds foster. she tells him that the time machine took Liam and the support unit all the way back to the dinosaur age. Foster was surprised and told her that he had never thought that the machine can travel that far back.
but...
on the last page foster told the girl that he WAS Liam.
so...
if he was Liam, he would have known that the machine could travel that far back.

Does foster have dementia?
did he forget what happened?
Or is Liam/Foster just p...more
Cynthia
This was just as exciting and thought-provoking as the first book, but in a different way. Although I will say that there is a pattern developing that I don't think can be avoided: time-alteration happens, changing the known time stream, generally to one we wouldn't ever want (read: intelligent dinosaurs taking over as the dominant species). Liam and the AI have to go back to try to fix things.... Things get even more bungled somehow, and Liam and the AI have to be rescued by the other time ride...more
Catty
A už mi len ostáva dúfať, že u nás vyjdú aj ďalšie diely.
Telma
Após ter ficado maravilhada com o primeiro livro desta série, comecei o segundo com algumas reticências, nomeadamente quanto ao "tempo" que iria ser visitado. É que eu detesto dinossauros. Detesto. E a sinopse dizia-me que que era para lá que Liam ia viajar desta vez. Mesmo assim o primeiro livro tinha sido cativante o suficiente para desejar continuar a ler as aventuras de Liam, Maddy, Sal e a sua Unidade de Apoio.
Alex Scarrow estratificou o enredo de forma a ser algo mais do que "miúdos a fugi...more
Katja
Liam, Maddy og Sal får til opgave at ændre en tidsløkke der sker ude i fremtiden og vil ændre både fortiden, nutiden og fremtiden for dem alle. Men da Liam sendes til Texas år 2015 er han ikke den eneste med hemmeligheder i bagagen. Og han er ikke den eneste tidsrejsende. Noget går grueligt galt den dag i Texas og Liam sendes sammen med et hold af unge studerende og deres lærer tilbage i tiden. Langt tilbage. Til dengang T-Rex ikke var en legetøjsfigur, men kød og blod.

Da jeg startede denne anme...more
Kelly
Liam, Maddy and Sal all should have died, but just minutes before death they were taken into a different destiny, one in which they time travel to save the world. Liam goes on a mission to stop the assassination of someone important to the future, but something happens and they all get thrown back to the dinosaur era. As they race against time to get back to the future, they come up against something they never could have imagined...

This was a review book, so I'd not heard anything of this serie...more
Willinda
Jejich tempo je nadčasové, jejich protivníci jsou lidé z budoucnosti, tajní vládní agenti a momentálně i dinosauři. Agenti zabývající se cestováním časem neustále hlídají případné časové smyčky. Jejich úkolem je chránit náš čas…

Predátoři jsou již druhou knihou o Liamovi, Maddy a Sal, které těsně před smrtí naverbovala tajná agentura. Ta se stará o to, aby se všechno stalo tak, jak má. Snaží se zabránit, aby se někdo nerozhodl udělat si dovolenou s různými časovými zastávkami a neměnil si událost...more
  • Deadlock (H.I.V.E., #8)
  • Nepřítel mého nepřítele (Bavettovi, #2)
  • Odstíny života (Odstíny života, #1)
  • The Ascension: A Super Human Clash (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #5)
  • The End of Infinity (Jack Blank Adventure, #3)
  • Shadows (Hex, #2)
  • The Demon Hunter (Oliver Nocturne, #4)
  • Domination (C.H.A.O.S., #3)
  • Apocalypse Moon (The Joshua Files, #5)
  • Contact (The Phoenix Files, #2)
  • The Time Hunters (Time Hunters, #1)
I live a nomadic existence with my wife Frances, and son Jacob. For now we're living in Norwich. I spent the first 10 years out of college in the music business chasing record deals and the next 12 years in the computer games business as a graphic artist and eventually a games designer. For those of you who like their computer games, here's some of the titles I've worked on:
Waterworld, Evolva, The...more
More about Alex Scarrow...
TimeRiders (TimeRiders, #1) The Doomsday Code (TimeRiders, #3) The Eternal War (TimeRiders, #4) Gates of Rome (TimeRiders, #5) City of Shadows (TimeRiders, #6)