Start by marking “Day of the Predator (TimeRiders, #2)” as Want to Read:
Day of the Predator (TimeRiders, #2)

Day of the Predator (TimeRiders #2)

4.06  ·  Rating Details ·  3,394 Ratings  ·  279 Reviews
Liam O’Connor should have died at sea in 1912.
Maddy Carter should have died on a plane in 2010.
Sal Vikram should have died in a fire in 2026.

But all three have been given a second chance—to work for an agency that no-one knows exists. Its purpose—to prevent time travel destroying history . . .

When Maddy mistakenly opens a time window where and when she shouldn’t have, Liam
Published August 5th 2010 by Puffin

Erik
UPDATE: Trojka vyjde na Slovensku na jeseň, taký november :)

Okej, tie posledné strany, to bolo niečo, a docvakujú mi postupne také niektoré veci, že sám neviem, čo ma bude ešte čakť v dalsich dieloch, paneboze a to ich ma byt este 7!!! Panenka skákavá!
Darren Hartwell
Jul 30, 2010 Darren Hartwell rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science-fiction
I read the first book in the series back in February and I loved it. However, now that I have read Day of the Predator, the second book in the series, I can honestly say that I have not been this excited about a series for a long time. As fas as anticipation for 'the next book' goes, I can compare it to how I feel about MG Harris' Joshua Files series and how I felt about the Percy Jackson books. And with Alex Scarrow having signed a nine book deal with Puffin I am looking forward to reliving ...more
Stuart
Oct 10, 2013 Stuart rated it really liked it
"There be dinosaurs here, but not as we know them!"

Welcome one and all to the second book in Alex Scarrow's Timeriders series. I sound a little more upbeat in comparison to the first novel don't I? Well I am. It's much improved.

This time around Liam and his new female meat robot 'Becks' are sent forward in time to rescue a 'future' physicists, Edward Chan, who writes the first paper on theoretical time travel. Let's just say best laid plans are always prone to a mishap or two. It involves a pin
Erik
Jan 01, 2015 Erik rated it it was amazing
Uf, po tomto sa neda nepokracovat... Naozaj neda... Myslel som si ze dinosaury budu nuda... Ale Alex je proste stary fičúr a... Enough is enough, hor sa do trojky... Preco som si ju zasa nechal v praci?!?
Aso
Aug 07, 2016 Aso rated it it was amazing
this is so good, meskipun ada bagian yang terasa repetitif, karena konsepnya sama dengan buku yang pertama, tapi berhasil bikin saya penasaran dengan ceritanya hingga akhir, dan kalimat terakhir, O.M.G. I didn't see that coming. cap cuss buku ke-3
Sašenka
Jul 19, 2013 Sašenka rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
Objektívne? Veľmi dobré. Tú poslednú vetu - asi tak stranu predtým som začala tušiť, že to tak je, ale akože WTF??? to čo je za koniec?
Jediný môj problém s touto knihou bolo zlé načasovanie. Tesne predtýmto som čítala ešte kus namakanejšie sci-fi a nie jedno a toto bolo oproti tomu slabé. Keby som to čítala v inom poradí, asi by ma to chytilo o veľký kus viac. Takto ... no neužívala som si to až tak ako by sa patrilo.
A priznám sa, oveľa viac sa mi páčili a zaujímali ma časti v New Yorku ako ti
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Το δεύτερο βιβλίο της επιτυχημένης σειράς του Alex Scarrow, "Οι Φύλακες του Χρόνου" έχει κυκλοφορήσει εδώ και μεγάλο διάστημα από τις εκδόσεις Μεταίχμιο όμως δεν είχα καταφέρει να το διαβάσω μέχρι πρόσφατα. Λάθος! Πολύ μεγάλο λάθος! Γιατί αν με το πρώτο του βιβλίο κατάφερε να με κερδίσει και να μου κινήσει το ενδιαφέρον, με το συγκεκριμένο κατάφερε να ανεβάσει τον πήχη πολύ ψηλά και να μου προσφέρει πολύ περισσότερα απ' όσα πίστευα πως θα πετύχαινε. Αν, λοιπόν, δεν το έχετε ήδη διαβάσει και ...more
Reetta Saine
Dinot ei ole mun cuppa, mutta evoluution kautta nekin innostivat. Repiminen ja huvikseen raateleminen tietysti myös. Homma pysyy edelleen kasassa loistavasti, ja kurkittuani tulevia osia luvassa on kaikkea herkkua.

Ehkä pakko ostaa englanniksi kirjastoon ja hioa tästä hemmetin hyvä vinkkaus tehdäkseen oikeutta kirjalle.

On muuten nettikaupassa älyttömän halpa - vink vink.
Pim
Aug 17, 2016 Pim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own, česky, 2014
Hrozně mě mrzí, že česky další díly nevyšly, protože je to skvělá série.
Ira Book Lover
Jan 26, 2015 Ira Book Lover rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: buku-jalan-jalan
Malam tadi...
Saya tahu kalau hari sudah larut malam...
Dan saya tahu kalau saya tidak tidur saat itu juga, saya bakalan ngantuk berat besok di kantor...

Tapi....

SAYA TIDAK BISA BERHENTI MEMBACA BUKU INI!!!! *histeris*

Sueerrrrr deh, ceritanya seru banget.

Kali ini, Maddy, Liam, dan Sal, mendapat pesan darurat dari "kalian tahu siapa". Katanya ada yang berusaha merubah sejarah dengan mencegah ditemukannya mesin waktu. Tapi bukan Waldstein si penemu mesin waktu yang mereka incar, melainkan seorang pem
Space
Aug 21, 2013 Space rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books, time-travel
Good wow. This book is so much better than the first one! The action is intense and relentless, the plot is fantastic and the story line is terrifying. A group of high-school students is accidentally transported back in time to 65 million years BC. They have to find a way to leave a message for the Time Riders, letting them know when they are so they can be rescued - all the while fighting for the lives against a horrific and extremely intelligent species of dinosaur.

Now we've all ready Crichton
Annabel
Jan 21, 2013 Annabel rated it liked it
Better than the last one, in places. I felt like the writing flowed a little bit better, although there was still occasional telling rather than showing. One chapter in particular comes to mind where a host is leading some kids round on a field trip, and every line of his is prefaced with: "As I'm sure you're aware..." If they already know it, why tell them? It came across as artificial, but thankfully, I only noticed it this one time- can't be sure, maybe it was in other parts as well.
The chara
Matti Karjalainen
Joskus sitä törmää nuortenkirjoihin, jotka saavat toivomaan, että aikamatkustus olisi mahdollista. Haluaisin nimittäin palata tämä kirja mukanani takaisin vuoteen 1990, jolloin kymmenvuotias minä oli rakastanut tätä kirjaa syvästi ja antaumuksella.

Alex Scarrow'n "Saalistajan aika" (Buster Nordic, 2013) on Time Riders-sarjan toinen osa, jossa Liam, Maddy ja Sal jatkavat seikkailujaan yrittäen korjata aikamatkailun aiheuttamia vääristymiä historiassa ja tulevaisuudessa. Apunaan heillä on tällä ker
Dion Yulianto
Jangan pernah bermain-main dengan waktu. Peringatan ini terus menerus disuarakan oleh banyak tokoh besar, mulai dari Dumbledore hingga Waldstein. Yang disebut terakhir tadi adalah sang penemu mesin perjalanan waktu dalam seri Time Riders karya Alex Scarrow ini. Si penemu berbalik menjadi penentang karena dia telah melihat sendiri neraka dengan mesin waktu yang telah diciptakannya itu. Berkat kampanyenya yang tak kenal, pada tahun 2050, Hukum Internasional telah melarang dengan tegas dilakukannya ...more
Jason
Apr 28, 2013 Jason rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books, read-2013
3.5 Stars

Day of the Predator, book 2 in the TimeRiders series is a quick and fun read. This adventure has way less time travel and back and forth then the first, but it does have....dinosaurs. This book is a far simpler book, than the first. We get only a very small amount of additional character backstory and world building. The POV's only really flop between Liam and the crew at present day.

This story is about an accident that causes our team to travel way back to dinosaur time. What changes c
Hobby
Gooossshh... it's a long time since I found series that really good ( I guess since Harry Potter, only a few fantasy stories that make me hardly put-down the book until it's finished, that regret it why the adventure come to the end) ... I really-really hope the Indonesian publisher will continue release the whole series, 'coz is so aadicted to find-out more where the adventure will taking the three teenager of Time Riders !!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR FANTASY-MANIA !!

more about this book, just chec
Cpapas7
May 26, 2015 Cpapas7 rated it it was amazing
When Liam and Bob, the genetically modified superhuman meat robot, are sent to stop the assassination of the man who created a way for time travel to exist Maddy tries to contact them but ends up creating at time portal that accidentally sends them 65 million years into the past and the roaming lands of an undiscovered species of predator. It is up to Liam to save Edward Chan and get him back to the present where he can create his thesis statement but the predators wont be willing to let them go ...more
Wahyu *alienate me* Nurasman
meskipun masih banyak lubang yang terjadi di buku ini berkenaan dengan konsep perjalanan waktunya saya akui bahwa buku ini menarik untuk diikuti, dengan gaya bercerita yang ringan (dan terjemahan yang sedikit terburu-buru) rasanya nggak rela untuk tidak melanjutkan seri ini dan membaca misteri dibalik apa yang terjadi di buku2 sebelumnya.

btw, sebagian nama mengingatkan dengan Joshua Files >.< dan penulis secara tidak sadar memasukkan pendapat pribadinya tanpa alasan yang jelas disini :D
Anita Pogorzelska
Jul 26, 2016 Anita Pogorzelska rated it really liked it
I'm not gonna lie, this was a pretty good book. The plot was excellent, the plot twists were great, and it was all in all quite a hooker. Based on the goodreads reviews and the first two books, I feel like this series gets better with every book. Well, the second was certainly better than the first.

The only thing I would have liked that would have gotten this book a 5th star is better character development. The characters were still a bit dry.

Other than that I highly recommend it.
Sean
Mar 13, 2012 Sean rated it it was amazing
WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST READ. I won't spoil, but the ending.... It has been on my mind a couple of times, but still, this is a surprise... Wow.

I love how they show the different futures, it's really cool and makes me think about the present world a lot, because it's pretty shit.

BUT REALLY, THE END!!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!

So I really recommend this book, even if you haven't read the first book, GO READ IT!
Kahlan23
Sep 22, 2013 Kahlan23 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: moje-vlastné
okej,takže je to za mnou.ja si pekne nadávam,že som sa vôbec takú dlhú dobu vyhýbala týmto knihám,ani neviem prečo. rovnako skvelé ako jednotka.záver som čakala bo ja blbá som si to prečítala v komentoch či kde tu ešte v čase keď som nad knihami nerozmýšľala. no aj tak som sa po konci mala chuť smiať jak blázon,bo zmysel to dáva a ja chcem pokračovanie =D
ala'
Jan 18, 2016 ala' rated it really liked it
حبكاتي المفضلة هي السفر عبر الزمن و اثره على الكوكب .المشكلة انه تركني مع اسئلة كتير حولين الفلسفة . اهمها : ليش لازم الابطال ينقذوا خط زمني ابله تماما و قادم على مجاعات ومار ونهايات للعالم . بالمرة مو منطقي !
Shane Phillips
May 05, 2016 Shane Phillips rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lenka
Jul 12, 2013 Lenka rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
V skutočnosti 4,5* Výborná kniha, niektorým veciam z konca trochu nerozumiem, ale snáď sa ešte vysvetlia v ďalších dieloch. Dinosaury skvelí, už sa teším na Robina Hooda :)
Niina
Dec 07, 2014 Niina rated it really liked it
Tämän kirjan takia jäi yöunet vähiin ja ajoin kerran bussipysäkkini ohi. Toimii.
Lucas Darathy
Oct 31, 2016 Lucas Darathy rated it it was ok
The writing was so amateurish and lazy, I was extremely disappointed. The characters don't talk like real people, it's like they're all robots... which is ironic, because the robots are actually the best characters. They stand out as way more real than the "real" people.

Plot was weak and the twist was CLICHÉ!!!
Michele A. Simeoni
I am very much into time travel. This was a pretty excellent second book. I love the way Alex Scarrow described the predators point of view. I am a quarter threw then third book and I believe this series would make for great movies. I have read The Man That Folded Himself and it was on the best sellers list and it was a waist of time. My 14 year old nice writes better sci-fi. TimeRiders makes use of a great imagination with great chapters and situations. Can't wait to see how book 3 ends to buy ...more
Morgoth
Nov 20, 2016 Morgoth rated it really liked it
Not as good as the first but i want to read the third as well.
Dennis
Jun 13, 2014 Dennis rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anybody who liked the first book
Well, well... I finished reading the second book in the TimeRiders series by Alex Scarrow. And allow me to say that I was pleasantly surprised. If the présence of dinosaurs turns you off, well, give this book a second chance, and just like me, you will be in for a surprise. Let me warn you though, the TimeRiders series form one seamlessly connected story, so don't read this book before having read the first one.

Day of the Predator continues with the story right where the first book left off. Fos
Slava Tugolukov
Oct 12, 2016 Slava Tugolukov rated it it was amazing
It was a very action packed book. It held me reading so good that I couldn't stop reading. This series is a series that I would want to read every single book. I love Alex Scarrow and time riders
  • Deadlock (H.I.V.E., #8)
  • Apocalypse Moon (The Joshua Files, #5)
  • Virus Attack (Hero.Com, #2)
  • Shadows (Hex, #2)
  • Stronger: A Super Human Clash (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #6)
  • The Eternal Tomb (Oliver Nocturne, #5)
  • Assault (Recon Team Angel, #1)
  • The Storm Begins (History Keepers #1)
  • Jimmy Coates: Revenge
  • The Turncoats (The Thirteenth, #2)
  • Black Ice (Young Sherlock Holmes, #3)
  • The Time Hunters and the Box of Eternity (Time Hunters, #2)
I live a nomadic existence with my wife Frances, and son Jacob. For now we're living in Norwich. I spent the first 10 years out of college in the music business chasing record deals and the next 12 years in the computer games business as a graphic artist and eventually a games designer. For those of you who like their computer games, here's some of the titles I've worked on:
Waterworld, Evolva, The
More about Alex Scarrow...

TimeRiders (9 books)
  • TimeRiders (TimeRiders, #1)
  • The Doomsday Code (TimeRiders, #3)
  • The Eternal War (TimeRiders, #4)
  • Gates of Rome (TimeRiders, #5)
  • City of Shadows (TimeRiders, #6)
  • The Pirate Kings (TimeRiders, #7)
  • The Mayan Prophecy (TimeRiders, #8)
  • The Infinity Cage (TimeRiders, #9)

“That was the tribal system at school: the girls—giggly gaggles of Miley Cyrus clones, the jocks in their swaggering gangs … and finally the third category, the ones like Edward Chan—the freaks. Loners, emos, geeks, nerds: the cookies that didn’t quite fit the cookie-cutter machine that was high school.” 1 likes