Start by marking “Day of the Predator (TimeRiders, #2)” as Want to Read:
Day of the Predator (TimeRiders, #2)

Day of the Predator (TimeRiders #2)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  2,573 ratings  ·  219 reviews
Liam O’Connor should have died at sea in 1912.
Maddy Carter should have died on a plane in 2010.
Sal Vikram should have died in a fire in 2026.

But all three have been given a second chance—to work for an agency that no-one knows exists. Its purpose—to prevent time travel destroying history . . .

When Maddy mistakenly opens a time window where and when she shouldn’t have, Liam
Published August 5th 2010 by Puffin

To ask other readers questions about Day of the Predator, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Day of the Predator

Stormbreaker by Anthony HorowitzFledgling by Mark A. CooperThe Recruit by Robert MuchamoreSilverFin by Charlie HigsonSkeleton Key by Anthony Horowitz
Worlds Greatest Teen Spy Novels
170th out of 811 books — 362 voters
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey NiffeneggerOutlander by Diana GabaldonThe Time Machine by H.G. WellsTimeline by Michael CrichtonSlaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
Best Time Travel Fiction
231st out of 1,067 books — 3,434 voters

More lists with this book...

Erik
UPDATE: Trojka vyjde na Slovensku na jeseň, taký november :)

Okej, tie posledné strany, to bolo niečo, a docvakujú mi postupne také niektoré veci, že sám neviem, čo ma bude ešte čakť v dalsich dieloch, paneboze a to ich ma byt este 7!!! Panenka skákavá!
Stu
"There be dinosaurs here, but not as we know them!"

Welcome one and all to the second book in Alex Scarrow's Timeriders series. I sound a little more upbeat in comparison to the first novel don't I? Well I am. It's much improved.

This time around Liam and his new female meat robot 'Becks' are sent forward in time to rescue a 'future' physicists, Edward Chan, who writes the first paper on theoretical time travel. Let's just say best laid plans are always prone to a mishap or two. It involves a pin
Darren Hartwell
I read the first book in the series back in February and I loved it. However, now that I have read Day of the Predator, the second book in the series, I can honestly say that I have not been this excited about a series for a long time. As fas as anticipation for 'the next book' goes, I can compare it to how I feel about MG Harris' Joshua Files series and how I felt about the Percy Jackson books. And with Alex Scarrow having signed a nine book deal with Puffin I am looking forward to reliving thi ...more
Stephanie
Everyone does what they can to extend their lives, whether it be exercise, healthy eating, crystals and quack healers, or a bribe or two slipped to someone in power. Most of us, though, aren’t ripped out of our personal timeline moments before facing death. Most of us don’t find ourselves in the employ of a mysterious organisation working to save the world from the dangers of time travel…by using fire to fight fire. For Maddy, Sal, and Liam, however, this strange turn of events is reality. All h ...more
Sašenka
Objektívne? Veľmi dobré. Tú poslednú vetu - asi tak stranu predtým som začala tušiť, že to tak je, ale akože WTF??? to čo je za koniec?
Jediný môj problém s touto knihou bolo zlé načasovanie. Tesne predtýmto som čítala ešte kus namakanejšie sci-fi a nie jedno a toto bolo oproti tomu slabé. Keby som to čítala v inom poradí, asi by ma to chytilo o veľký kus viac. Takto ... no neužívala som si to až tak ako by sa patrilo.
A priznám sa, oveľa viac sa mi páčili a zaujímali ma časti v New Yorku ako ti
Erik
Uf, po tomto sa neda nepokracovat... Naozaj neda... Myslel som si ze dinosaury budu nuda... Ale Alex je proste stary fičúr a... Enough is enough, hor sa do trojky... Preco som si ju zasa nechal v praci?!?
Reetta Saine
Dinot ei ole mun cuppa, mutta evoluution kautta nekin innostivat. Repiminen ja huvikseen raateleminen tietysti myös. Homma pysyy edelleen kasassa loistavasti, ja kurkittuani tulevia osia luvassa on kaikkea herkkua.

Ehkä pakko ostaa englanniksi kirjastoon ja hioa tästä hemmetin hyvä vinkkaus tehdäkseen oikeutta kirjalle.

On muuten nettikaupassa älyttömän halpa - vink vink.
Pim
Hrozně mě mrzí, že česky další díly nevyšly, protože je to skvělá série.
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Το δεύτερο βιβλίο της επιτυχημένης σειράς του Alex Scarrow, "Οι Φύλακες του Χρόνου" έχει κυκλοφορήσει εδώ και μεγάλο διάστημα από τις εκδόσεις Μεταίχμιο όμως δεν είχα καταφέρει να το διαβάσω μέχρι πρόσφατα. Λάθος! Πολύ μεγάλο λάθος! Γιατί αν με το πρώτο του βιβλίο κατάφερε να με κερδίσει και να μου κινήσει το ενδιαφέρον, με το συγκεκριμένο κατάφερε να ανεβάσει τον πήχη πολύ ψηλά και να μου προσφέρει πολύ περισσότερα απ' όσα πίστευα πως θα πετύχαινε. Αν, λοιπόν, δεν το έχετε ήδη διαβάσει και είστ ...more
Matti Karjalainen
Joskus sitä törmää nuortenkirjoihin, jotka saavat toivomaan, että aikamatkustus olisi mahdollista. Haluaisin nimittäin palata tämä kirja mukanani takaisin vuoteen 1990, jolloin kymmenvuotias minä oli rakastanut tätä kirjaa syvästi ja antaumuksella.

Alex Scarrow'n "Saalistajan aika" (Buster Nordic, 2013) on Time Riders-sarjan toinen osa, jossa Liam, Maddy ja Sal jatkavat seikkailujaan yrittäen korjata aikamatkailun aiheuttamia vääristymiä historiassa ja tulevaisuudessa. Apunaan heillä on tällä ker
Hobby
Gooossshh... it's a long time since I found series that really good ( I guess since Harry Potter, only a few fantasy stories that make me hardly put-down the book until it's finished, that regret it why the adventure come to the end) ... I really-really hope the Indonesian publisher will continue release the whole series, 'coz is so aadicted to find-out more where the adventure will taking the three teenager of Time Riders !!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR FANTASY-MANIA !!

more about this book, just chec
Ira Book Lover
Malam tadi...
Saya tahu kalau hari sudah larut malam...
Dan saya tahu kalau saya tidak tidur saat itu juga, saya bakalan ngantuk berat besok di kantor...

Tapi....

SAYA TIDAK BISA BERHENTI MEMBACA BUKU INI!!!! *histeris*

Sueerrrrr deh, ceritanya seru banget.

Kali ini, Maddy, Liam, dan Sal, mendapat pesan darurat dari "kalian tahu siapa". Katanya ada yang berusaha merubah sejarah dengan mencegah ditemukannya mesin waktu. Tapi bukan Waldstein si penemu mesin waktu yang mereka incar, melainkan seorang pem
Space
Good wow. This book is so much better than the first one! The action is intense and relentless, the plot is fantastic and the story line is terrifying. A group of high-school students is accidentally transported back in time to 65 million years BC. They have to find a way to leave a message for the Time Riders, letting them know when they are so they can be rescued - all the while fighting for the lives against a horrific and extremely intelligent species of dinosaur.

Now we've all ready Crichton
Annabel
Better than the last one, in places. I felt like the writing flowed a little bit better, although there was still occasional telling rather than showing. One chapter in particular comes to mind where a host is leading some kids round on a field trip, and every line of his is prefaced with: "As I'm sure you're aware..." If they already know it, why tell them? It came across as artificial, but thankfully, I only noticed it this one time- can't be sure, maybe it was in other parts as well.
The chara
Jason
3.5 Stars

Day of the Predator, book 2 in the TimeRiders series is a quick and fun read. This adventure has way less time travel and back and forth then the first, but it does have....dinosaurs. This book is a far simpler book, than the first. We get only a very small amount of additional character backstory and world building. The POV's only really flop between Liam and the crew at present day.

This story is about an accident that causes our team to travel way back to dinosaur time. What changes c
Niina
Tämän kirjan takia jäi yöunet vähiin ja ajoin kerran bussipysäkkini ohi. Toimii.
MyKindOfPerfect
I was sooooo excited to read this book because I really liked the first one. It was a very different kind of reading experience for me. And this book did not disappoint at all. In fact it makes me crave the third book. After reading the LAST line, i was like:

description

Not kidding!
Gimme the third book now! This series is awesome!

In the first book we saw Liam, Maddy and Sal get recruited as time riders whose job was to preserve the world and its timeline. In this book, with Foster gone ( :"( ), Maddy has b
Felita Hardigaloeh
insiden rusaknya tubuh Bob (A.I. serba guna yg sering pairing dg Liam) mbuat maddy, sal dan liam kembali menjelajahi waktu utk mendapatkan tubuh baru bob.

perjalanan ini lancar, dan rencana mereka menunggu tenang sampai bob yg baru terbentuk diinterupsi ama pesan dari masa depan

peristiwa kontaminasi.terjadi pembunuhan terhadap Edward Chan, penulis teori perjalanan waktu yang pertama......

maddy lgsg bereaksi, jika edward chan sudah terbunuh berarti time travel beresiko tidak ada. jika tidak ada, b
Wahyu Nurasman
meskipun masih banyak lubang yang terjadi di buku ini berkenaan dengan konsep perjalanan waktunya saya akui bahwa buku ini menarik untuk diikuti, dengan gaya bercerita yang ringan (dan terjemahan yang sedikit terburu-buru) rasanya nggak rela untuk tidak melanjutkan seri ini dan membaca misteri dibalik apa yang terjadi di buku2 sebelumnya.

btw, sebagian nama mengingatkan dengan Joshua Files >.< dan penulis secara tidak sadar memasukkan pendapat pribadinya tanpa alasan yang jelas disini :D
TheReadingPug
"The spherical chamber and laboratory buildings were gone. Instead of the institute's water- sprinkled lawns and flowerbeds, there was nothing but jungle. If this was the same place, then it had to be some significant time in the future of the past. It certainly wasn't 2015.

[image error]

When Liam finds himself stuck in prehistoric times with Edward Chan, who helped in making the first portal in 2020. (Not true but in this novel, yes) Chan, as a teenager and a group has visited this science pla
Pujiyanto stiffy
hehehehehehehehe... tertawa donk karena akhirnya aku bisa suka dengan buku ini setelah mengutuk buku pertamanya. Meskipun tentunya tidak ada perubahan yang signifikan mengenai konsep time travelnya ( yang mana, hal inilah yang membuatku SANGAT tidak suka dengan buku pertamanya). Dan... akhirnya, di buku ke dua ini, meskipun geram ( tetep ) dengan timetravelnya, setidaknya aku tidak kaget lagi. Begitulah...
Di buku kedua ini aku merasakan sedikit kerapian penulis saat membuat plot time travelnya,
Chay
I've read many reviews where readers are saying that Day of the Predator is better than Time Riders #1 ~ However, there's nothing to be "better" about. It's equally as educational (about history) as book # 1 that dealt with an alternate outcome to Adolf Hitler's Reich.

Book #2 is another great story about a different era of history- the Cretaceous period roughly 65,000,000 B.C. The only thing that felt different this time around (in terms of reading experience) is that the reader already has a g
Seán
WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST READ. I won't spoil, but the ending.... It has been on my mind a couple of times, but still, this is a surprise... Wow.

I love how they show the different futures, it's really cool and makes me think about the present world a lot, because it's pretty shit.

BUT REALLY, THE END!!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!

So I really recommend this book, even if you haven't read the first book, GO READ IT!
Kahlan23
okej,takže je to za mnou.ja si pekne nadávam,že som sa vôbec takú dlhú dobu vyhýbala týmto knihám,ani neviem prečo. rovnako skvelé ako jednotka.záver som čakala bo ja blbá som si to prečítala v komentoch či kde tu ešte v čase keď som nad knihami nerozmýšľala. no aj tak som sa po konci mala chuť smiať jak blázon,bo zmysel to dáva a ja chcem pokračovanie =D
Dennis
Jun 13, 2014 Dennis rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anybody who liked the first book
Well, well... I finished reading the second book in the TimeRiders series by Alex Scarrow. And allow me to say that I was pleasantly surprised. If the présence of dinosaurs turns you off, well, give this book a second chance, and just like me, you will be in for a surprise. Let me warn you though, the TimeRiders series form one seamlessly connected story, so don't read this book before having read the first one.

Day of the Predator continues with the story right where the first book left off. Fos
Shaola
V skutočnosti 4,5* Výborná kniha, niektorým veciam z konca trochu nerozumiem, ale snáď sa ešte vysvetlia v ďalších dieloch. Dinosaury skvelí, už sa teším na Robina Hooda :)
Effymathers
Je vais être honnête : ce second tome m'a beaucoup moins plu que le premier. Je ne sais pas si c'est parce-que le premier tome sert au placement de l'histoire, qu'on y découvre les personnages, leur caractère, qu'on vit avec eux leurs appréhensions et qu'on comprend toutes les questions qu'ils se posent sur la fameuse agence des Time Riders, mais j'ai préféré le premier tome. Je pense que cela vient du fait que j'avais beaucoup d'attentes concernant ce second tome. Je m'attendais à quelques répo ...more
Ditochan
di seri kedua ini liam dan beck terdampar di zaman yang sangat lampau dalam misi menyelamatkan edward chan dan harus mengadapi dinosaurus super cerdas yang bisa meniru dan beradaptasi seperti manusia.
di sisi lain maddy mendapat pesan khusus yang berkata kunci "pandora". Maddy kelihatan sangat frustasi akan 2 hal, yang pertama karena dia harus menjadi pemimpin tim dan bukan foster, yang kedua harus menyimpan rahasia pada liam dan sal..
yang pasti novel kedua super duper makin seru dari novel seri
SHNARK
Jul 26, 2014 SHNARK added it
Ok, so at the end of the book, the girl with glasses finds foster. she tells him that the time machine took Liam and the support unit all the way back to the dinosaur age. Foster was surprised and told her that he had never thought that the machine can travel that far back.
but...
on the last page foster told the girl that he WAS Liam.
so...
if he was Liam, he would have known that the machine could travel that far back.

Does foster have dementia?
did he forget what happened?
Or is Liam/Foster just p
Cynthia
This was just as exciting and thought-provoking as the first book, but in a different way. Although I will say that there is a pattern developing that I don't think can be avoided: time-alteration happens, changing the known time stream, generally to one we wouldn't ever want (read: intelligent dinosaurs taking over as the dominant species). Liam and the AI have to go back to try to fix things.... Things get even more bungled somehow, and Liam and the AI have to be rescued by the other time ride ...more
  • Earthfall
  • The Ascension: A Super Human Clash (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #5)
  • Ghosts (Hex, #3)
  • Assault (Recon Team Angel, #1)
  • Nepřítel mého nepřítele (Bavettovi, #2)
  • The Eternal Tomb (Oliver Nocturne, #5)
  • Apocalypse Moon (The Joshua Files, #5)
  • Domination (C.H.A.O.S., #3)
  • Odstíny života (Odstíny života, #1)
  • Virus Attack (Hero.Com, #2)
  • The Silver Dream (InterWorld, #2)
  • The Dead Gentleman
  • The Seems: The Split Second (The Seems, #2)
  • The Time Hunters (Time Hunters, #1)
I live a nomadic existence with my wife Frances, and son Jacob. For now we're living in Norwich. I spent the first 10 years out of college in the music business chasing record deals and the next 12 years in the computer games business as a graphic artist and eventually a games designer. For those of you who like their computer games, here's some of the titles I've worked on:
Waterworld, Evolva, The
More about Alex Scarrow...

TimeRiders (9 books)
  • TimeRiders (TimeRiders, #1)
  • The Doomsday Code (TimeRiders, #3)
  • The Eternal War (TimeRiders, #4)
  • Gates of Rome (TimeRiders, #5)
  • City of Shadows (TimeRiders, #6)
  • The Pirate Kings (TimeRiders, #7)
  • The Mayan Prophecy (TimeRiders, #8)
  • The Infinity Cage (TimeRiders, #9)
TimeRiders (TimeRiders, #1) The Doomsday Code (TimeRiders, #3) The Eternal War (TimeRiders, #4) Gates of Rome (TimeRiders, #5) City of Shadows (TimeRiders, #6)

“That was the tribal system at school: the girls—giggly gaggles of Miley Cyrus clones, the jocks in their swaggering gangs … and finally the third category, the ones like Edward Chan—the freaks. Loners, emos, geeks, nerds: the cookies that didn’t quite fit the cookie-cutter machine that was high school.” 0 likes