Start by marking “Messages: Signs, Visits, and Premonitions from Loved Ones Lost on 9/11” as Want to Read:
Messages: Signs, Visits, and Premonitions from Loved Ones Lost on 9/11

Messages: Signs, Visits, and Premonitions from Loved Ones Lost on 9/11

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  334 ratings  ·  51 reviews
When Bonnie McEneaney's husband, Eamon, died in the attacks on the World Trade Center, she thought she had lost him forever. And then something unexpected happened that would shake her to the core and reassure her that her husband was still with her. As Bonnie reveals in this groundbreaking book, she began to have experiences that convinced her that her husband, in spirit, ...more
Published June 8th 2010 by William Morrow (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Messages, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Messages

Susana
It occurred to me to look for a book on this subject - 9/11 and paranormal - because recently, during the 10th anniversary of the tragedy, I was watching a documentary where the widow of one of the victims of the World Trade Centre said he knew his wife was gone because he felt her soul going right through his body. I do have an interest in these subjects, even though my interest stems mainly from own difficulty in believing, fully. My friends, those who know me well, and that have an unwavering ...more
Roberta Grimes
Bonnie McEneaney lost her husband in the World Trade Center Towers on 9/11. Soon thereafter she began to receive signs from him, as did many widows and other survivors. McEneaney eventually collected these accounts into a book that also includes premonitions and messages received in other ways. This is a beautiful and moving account of a group of people who left their homes one morning not expecting that they were about to die, and then were desperate to assure their families that they were stil ...more
Katya
"The author received messages from her husband before and after he died in the WTC on 9/11. This a collection of stories from wives and loved ones who connected with their lost family members. No one should be surprised by any of this. Love reaches everywhere-that is the message."
Suzan
The author's husband worked at the World Trade Center and lost his life on 9/11. After his death she felt his presence reassuring her that he was okay and was watching over her and their family. Other people he knew saw his spirit and came away with the same message, "I'm okay." She wondered if other people who had lost loved ones on 9/11 were having similar experiences. She was astounded by the number of people who were, and records their experiences in this book as well as her own. What I real ...more
Dennis McMahon
Miraculous Stories, Wonderfully Told

As someone who became inspired to pursue "9/11 Truth" after spontaneously connecting with a group of 9/11 spirits while working near Ground Zero in 2008, I was hopeful that the encounters reported in "Messages" would touch on the fact that that there is much more to 9/11 than what the government and mainstream media is telling us. The only instance in "Messages" that arguably comes close to making that point is when Deena Burnett discusses her husband Tom's 9/
Shannon
I picked this up after watching this year's 9/11 coverage, thinking how sadly, I had never given too much thought to the lives of the families affected by this tragedy, and that I wanted to know more about what they went through.

Before reading this book, I was ambivalent on the possibility of an afterlife. But after reading this, I find that it's hard NOT to believe in it. A very heartwarming and sad (yet uplifting) book.
Tannie
Not my favorite... and the fact is that I can't even pinpoint why I didn't love it. I liked a lot of things about it, but it just didn't resonate with me. I thought it was written poorly, but it had some great stories. I didn't like the emphasis on psychics and mediums (I guess that's part of the reason I didn't like it).
Julie Arkush
With the 10th anniversary of September 11 approaching, this book is a fascinating quick read, giving you an insight to what the survivors of 9/11 victims have experienced since the tragedy and the premonitions some had before it occurred. I think that it would have been equally interesting if the book had gone a step further to discuss the experiences of those who were supposed to be there that day, but weren't. Everyone living in New York at the time seems to know at least one person who was ei ...more
Barb
I loved this book because the thought of people being able to foresee their death or somehow experience the presence of a loved one who has passed is so remarkable. The author, a wife of a 911 victim, went out of her way to show that she and those she interviewed were not normally believers in the supernatural, but the evidence was so overwhelming for them. Just recently a friend died from ALS. He told his family that when they missed him to look for pennies. Sure enough right after he passed, h ...more
Kristen
This book is filled with stories of signs, visits and premonitions of loved who lost their lives on that horrible day in September 2001 which we all know as 9/11. Miraculous stories that are told amazingly by loved ones to bring them comfort knowing that there is life after death. Reading the book gave me chills up and down my spine but yet, gave peace. I am a believer now and will alway be. I also hope that this book brings more comfort to those in need.
Kryssy Kirsch
This book truly gave me a sense of peace. It also piqued my interest into the spiritual world moreso. Despite such a tremendously horrible time in our history, there is love and light beaming through. Each story told made me realize how little, precious time we have on this earth as flesh and body, but we are always around in energy even when we pass. It's cliche to say "live life to the fullest," but this book really inspired me to be a better person, a better friend, a better daughter/sister/a ...more
Michelle Wright
I deliberated as to purchase this book as I've spent the last 12 years trying to put my cousin's death on 9/11 behind me. Eventually I gave in and pleased I did. Each story gave me hope and comfort. Despite being a medium myself losing someone close doesn't always mean the pain is less. I loved the sensitivity of this book and the inspiring way it captured my thoughts. Amazing also how many talked about strange behaviour exhibited by their loved ones prior to going to work that day. This is a bo ...more
Diane
Since the death of my husband two years ago, I have become fascinated with the prospect of spirits living among us. This book was recommended to me by a friend who is also a widow and feeling her husband 's presence. Many of the "signs" mentioned in this book I have also experienced and it was a comfort to me knowing I am not going nuts. Although I have been a skeptic on this topic for many years and cannot absolutely know for sure if this dimension exists, the author has done a good job of brin ...more
Shanti
Fascinating! Loved! Recommended to many!
Judie Hatton
I started it last night and finished it this morning. Although my husband did not die in the 9/11 disaster; the experiences the survivors shared touched me. Some of those interviewed became more spiritual after they lost their loved one. While Keith was sick and after he died I found myself becoming more spiritual. I find comfort in knowing that there is something bigger than me out there; and knowing Keith is with his family and friends in heaven. I miss him terribly, but feel safe knowing he i ...more
Kelly
Fascinating book. I have always interested in this type of afterlife. I experienced it myself when my grandfather passed away and never met anyone else to have the same feeling I had. My husbands grandmother past away this year and I found for two months new tea bags (she loved tea and carried her own with her) in my purse at the most random times. After I said out loud, thank you I know you will always be with my family and we love you always....finding those things stopped.
Noah
Liked it, glad I read it. I think part of what this book suffers from is that spiritual experiences are fundamentally personal experiences. They're really something you have to experience for yourself. Trying to explain it to others afterward in the light of day can always make you seem a little like you're grasping at straws.

So I wouldn't necessarily expect any skeptic to be moved by this book, but if you already believe, there are some interesting stories in here.
Rhonda Lundquist
My cancer diagnosis has me thinking about death and communication with the living. This book talks about ways that family members that died on 9/11 communicated with their loved ones that day or after. It also discusses a phenomenon of premonitions by some of those who died that day. It was really interesting but about halfway through it lost something to tie the various short narratives together. So, I recommend it, kind of.
Deb
This book is a must-read. Of course, it was very exciting to go into Borders and buy a book that was written by someone I know. Bonnie is the widow of Eamon McEneaney, a close friend of Pete's who died in 9/11. It gives personal accounts of people who had premonitions about 9/11 and received signs from lost loved-ones. There are pictures as well. It will break your heart to read the stories, but it is healing as well.
Smboohar
It's creepy, but in a good way...We don't know for sure what happens when we die, but this book gives hope that there is a beautiful afterlife. Reading the stories of family members who lost loved ones on 9/11 has been fascinating. So far, it's made me wonder about events in my life, "was it just a coincidence or was it something someone is trying to tell me?" A very intriguing book, I would definitely recommend it.
Nikki
Nov 04, 2011 Nikki rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: friends, family members
Recommended to Nikki by: co-worker
Brought back a lot of memories of 9/11. Makes you wonder about messages from those that passed on to their loved ones still living. I found it quite interesting how many victims of 9/11 had premonitions and a feeling that they were going to die young and very soon, especially a few months before it happened. Sure wish I could get some communication from my family members who have passed on......
Lisa
This book was amazing. Bonnie McEneaney did a fantastic job of sharing the incredible stories of many 9/11 victims and their premonitions, visits to family/friends, and messages sent to the living via mediums and psychics. A must read!!! Her words made me appreciate that the world has many more good people than evil, people who were willing to risk their lives for their love of others.
Kim
Fascinating concept and subject matter. I found it to be repetitive after the first few chapters though. I also cringed a bit at the number of victim's families who desperately sought assistance wanting to communicate with their lost loved ones. A scant few "mediums" may be genuine in their ability and intent but one can only imagine the charlatanism that events such as this encourage.
Christy
I read this book on Kindle after my sister recommended it. It was sad reading about these people and all those who lost lives and loved one on 9/11. This is an interesting account of individuals and families directly affected by 9/11. I am a person of Faith, who has had similar premonitions, so I have every belief that what these people are saying true and happened as they say it did.
Clmahan
I thought this book was very inspiring to hear what families, friends, co workers and nyers were able to overcome over time and with the help of messages of lives lost. Made me remember we are all just temporary in this life but doesn't necessarily mean the end of relationships. Very powerful to read the struggles and perseverance of people as they try to believe and carry on.
Susie Stangland
I love reading books that remind me to look at life w a prescription that differs from our everyday view & then hold on to it and those you love even tighter.The heroes of 9/11 in this books loved beautifully so it is not surprising their love is still shown & felt in miraculous ways. The families of these incredible individuals gifted us w their stories. I feel honored.
Holly
The editing of this book is terrible, but the content is pretty interesting. My mother in law gave me a copy of the book because my sister in law and niece are written about, but otherwise I would never have chosen to read this book on my own. If you can get past the poor word choices and grammatical errors, you'll find some fascinating stories.
Hayley
Really enjoyed this book. It was well written & put together. I would recommend it as a good read to anyone. It is packed with special stories about special people & makes you very grateful for what you have.
Lori
I've been drawn to books on spirituality recently. Messages, written by a 9/11 widow, are testimonies about 9/11 victims and families. There are reports documented of families who have received messages and signs that their loved ones are okay. A powerful and comforting read.
Eileen
This was okay. I did feel like it rambled on a bit. There were a few specific things in the book that were really intriguing, but a lot of it was very vague rambling. It was a fairly quick read.
  • Unfinished Business: What the Dead Can Teach Us About Life
  • The Book of Small
  • When Ghosts Speak: Understanding the World of Earthbound Spirits
  • Somewhere Over the Sun
  • Conversations with the Other Side
  • Silver Lies (Silver Rush, #1)
  • Love, Medicine and Miracles
  • Return from Tomorrow
  • The Trinity Game (Daniel Byrne #1)
  • The Neighbors Are Watching
  • Love Me If You Must (Patricia Amble, #1)
  • The Afterlife Experiments: Breakthrough Scientific Evidence of Life After Death