Start by marking “Pleasing Michael ” as Want to Read:
Pleasing Michael

Pleasing Michael (Sir #4)

Jackson Davis is considered a gay man’s wet dream but he’s tired of finding lovers that only seemed to want him for his looks and not a real relationship.

One night at a bar, Jack discovers a man watching him. The man never approaches him, never speaks to him. When Jack finally confronts the man, he is astounded by his reaction.

The man is in no way intimidated by Jack’s siz
Published May 15th 2010 by Torquere Press

To ask other readers questions about Pleasing Michael, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pleasing Michael

Serena Yates
May 18, 2010 Serena Yates rated it liked it
Shelves: gay
I thought this was an interesting if slightly weird story. I liked it because it did intrigue and puzzle me, but I'm still not quite sure what to think about it.

Michael obviously wants Jack as his sub. Jack, also obviously, has no clue about what being a sub means and is totally confused. I found it bizarre that rather than explaining things to him, Michael just kept 'training' and punishing Jack. Which was all fine with Jack on a physical level, but since he didn't 'get it', I thought it was r
Serena Yates
Nov 15, 2014 Serena Yates rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay, bdsm-and-d-s
Part of the charm and attraction in this series, at least for me, is the fact all these Doms make the most interesting mistakes. The subs aren’t perfect either, and the results range from amusingly hot to intensely emotional. This fourth book is no different, but somehow the problem is more serious, and it took me a while to figure out why it bothered me more. I think I have come to an agreement with myself. But first, back to the two main characters.

Jackson is an attractive man, yet he can’t fi
Staceyr
May 16, 2010 Staceyr rated it it was ok
I liked the first five or so pages....but after that the story started to fall apart for me instead of becoming more fleshed out, characterization losing solidity as well as some scenes so sparsely painted I could barely connect the characters to their surroundings. Jack's constant confusion over his recognition of his inner submissive seemed warranted, given Michael's bizarre method of luring him into his lifestyle--like a dominant and intensley annoying Mr. Rogers, calling Jack "Jackson" at ...more
Dre
Oct 06, 2016 Dre rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Dre by: Jodi
I'm so disappointed in this one. I've loved the rest of this series, and I typically enjoy this author, but this book didn't work at all for me. There's no way a D/s relationship could work between these two because Michael wasn't honest and didn't sit down and talk to Jackson about the lifestyle at all. Jackson was clearly confused through the entire book, but instead of explaining things to him, Michael would punish him for not obeying. I really wish these two would have taken the time to ...more
Ter
May 05, 2010 Ter rated it did not like it
I like many other books by this author in the past and probably with in future, but this one disappointed me. I didn't like Michael at all.
He doesn't explain things to Jack since he is new to that life style, yet he will dish out punishment even thou Jack doesn't understand the rules yet.
To me Michael reminded me a a kid who was picked on and bullied as a kid, and now as adult he does the bullying under the disguise of being a dom.
Miralinda
Oct 03, 2016 Miralinda rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-romance, bdsm, 3-star
Короткий рассказ о превращении мужика в коврик для ног.
Tina
Nov 24, 2014 Tina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pleasing Master is the latest installment in Stormy Glenn’s Sir Series. I really enjoyed the peaks of Michael that Ms. Glenn gave us in prior books in this series so was looking forward to seeing just what type of submissive tripped his trigger. I was a little surprised to find out that he wanted a 24/7 submissive. And while it isn’t my favorite type of dom/sub relationship, I enjoyed this story nonetheless. Ms. Glenn did a great job of showing us why this type of relationship would work for ...more
mah1
Jul 23, 2015 mah1 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, kindle
Compared to the previous part of the series, Call Me Master, Pleasing Master had a surprising amount of depth, and I actually thought the characters had potential for more.

For those who look for realism in their BDSM romance, I'm sure books in this series won't work, but for those of us who enjoy fiction that isn't all that firmly planted in reality, this book is a solid little quickie.

And of course, as I always am intrigued by MCs that emotionally damaged, I would love to read a book about Ja
Phaney
Aug 02, 2016 Phaney rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
Communication, boys. The barest amount of communication would have prevented most of the drama here.

Having the big guy fall so naturally into submission (and avoidable confusion) was a nice semi-twist to how these books tend to play out (big, buff, rich guys as Doms - and waif-like, destitute, endangered boys as the subs), as was the fact that the Dom here liked to be penetrated. However, mixing these two elements may have reduced their impact a little.

So it was okay, if a little haphazard. I am
Teela
Jan 07, 2013 Teela rated it liked it
Lily
"Although I've enjoyed other books by this author in the past this one disappointed me. However other readers may have a different opinion and enjoy the story."

Complete review posted at Rainbow Reviews
Tamela
A short story and I was as intrigued by Michael as was Jack. But I was wondering about the fact that there was no clarification of their relationship. I thought that was something that was a very definite requirement when entering a Ds relationship.
Lexi Ander
Jul 20, 2010 Lexi Ander rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-lendable
This was good and was well written, it just pushed my comfort level a bit. Therefore, I didn't enjoy it as much as I have her other works.
Ayanna
Oct 10, 2012 Ayanna rated it liked it
Very short and rather weird. There are, of course, some practical issues with what transpired, but on a story level it was...interesting. Quirky. In an extra-weird way, I guess.
Gwengwel
Probably the worst editing I'd never see.
I love the story, but the editing ruined the pleasure of reading it for me.
Amber Drum
Amber Drum rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2014
Kristine Jenkins
Kristine Jenkins rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2015
Shari
Shari rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2016
Cherie Noel
Cherie Noel rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2010
Jodi
Jodi rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2016
Kelli
Kelli rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2013
Ttb
Ttb rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2013
Tooma
Tooma rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2012
Hellsbells
Hellsbells rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2012
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2010
Vipera.422
Vipera.422 rated it did not like it
Sep 28, 2012
Tracy Piccolo
Tracy Piccolo rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2016
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was ok
Jan 09, 2013
Vicky
Vicky rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2012
ShaMar
ShaMar rated it did not like it
Dec 21, 2015
  • A Master's Love (Master's Love, #1)
  • Gay Pride (G-A-Y #7)
  • Floggers' Holiday Sale
  • Groceries
  • Thirty Days (From Thirty Days to Forever, #1)
  • Puppy Love 2: Building a Family (Puppy Love #2)
  • Dark Angel Sounding
  • Love Runes (Gods and Chaos, #2)
  • Dark Heart (Tales of Amaranth, #1)
  • Masters & Boyd
  • What Worse Place Can I Beg in Your Love?
  • I Am the Highway
  • Be Brave (Angel and the Assassin, #2)
  • Resolution (Refuge Shifters, #4)
  • The Geography Of Murder (Geography of Murder, #1)
  • Be The Air For You
  • Shattered Heart
  • Switching Gears (Solitary Knights of Pelham, #3)
About Me
I believes the only thing sexier than a man in cowboy boots is two, or three men in cowboy boots. I also believes in love at first sight, soul mates, true love, and happy endings.

I live in the great Northwest region of the USA, with my gorgeous husband and soul mate, two boxer/collie puppies, one old biddy cats, and three fish. When I'm not being a mother to my six teenagers or cleaning up
More about Stormy Glenn...

Sir (5 books)
  • Call Me Sir (Sir, #1)
  • Call Me Sir, Too (Sir, #2)
  • Call Me Master (Sir, #3)
  • Submitting to Simon (Sir, #5)