Start by marking “Handcuffs and Leather (Rawlings Men, #1)” as Want to Read:
Handcuffs and Leather (Rawlings Men, #1)

Handcuffs and Leather (Rawlings Men #1)

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  702 ratings  ·  68 reviews
All Constable Hadley wants to do is put the last few weeks behind him. As if being taken hostage wasn’t bad enough, he’s had to deal with all the stupid publicity that’s surrounded him ever since. And the fact that he hasn’t slept since that night isn’t helping him feel any better about the world either.

The last thing Hadley needs is a shrink wandering around inside his he
Published May 11th 2010 by Resplendence Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Handcuffs and Leather, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Handcuffs and Leather

Submission by Chris OwenDomination by Chris OwenDiscipline by Chris OwenBondage by Chris OwenRough Canvas by Joey W. Hill
Best Gay BDSM
127th out of 575 books — 832 voters
Zero at the Bone by Jane SevilleFrog by Mary CalmesNo Souvenirs by K.A. MitchellWhere He Ends and I Begin by Cardeno C.One of Those Days by Zathyn Priest
Best Gay Doctors
37th out of 107 books — 187 voters

More lists with this book...

Amanda
This was one hot short story. My only complaint is that it ended too soon. The story just stopped right when things were getting good. I'm looking forward to reading the next in the series though. I hope we see more of the two main characters from Handcuffs and Leather.
Beck
2014 ... have amassed the necessary credit to buy the whole series ... hi ho, hi ho, it's off to read I go ...

Sweet & yummy but to darn short ...

Original Review...

I liked it but there wasn't enough to satisfy ... although I genuinely enjoy Kim Dare's books I must admit that her short stories are starting to frustrate me ... her characters deserve more IMO so I find myself getting miffed when the story ends so abruptly. This is a sweet read and it is easy to like the characters ... I'll prob
JenMcJ
*wails* TOO SHORT KIM, too short!

Okay, so the title is Rawlings M e n #1. How is Rawling going to have more than one man? I am not sure I think he should make Hadley share him.

When are you going to have characters with generic names like Tom, Dave or John? LOL
Serena Yates
I liked this story but I agree with the other reviewers: it was way too short. It was a great start to an interesting relationship between the cop, Hadley, and a psychiatrist, Rawlings.

Hadley is very hesitant about his submissive nature. All he has to go by is dreams, but he's a natural once Rawlings shows him what it can be like. At the end of the story Hadley is still very confused and I would love to see how he works through that confusion and truly comes to terms with what he wants.

Rawlings
JR
awesome read! Kim Dare's got a flare for writing and puts you in the minds of the characters and just what they want. makes You think about the possibilites of a Dom/sub relationship - could there be something more there? give me eight more chapters and i would have been in heaven - but four still kept me going. guys, don't read this at work in your cubicle unless you plan on staying there until You can stand! :) Hot! on to the next in the series.
♆ BookAddict ♨ ✒ La Crimson Femme❇ ♐
Hadley, oh so tasty. He's a cute constable who was "kidnapped" and has fantasies of being bound and taken by force. Um, well, who doesn't have this fantasy? *blink blink* Introducing another Rawling man, who actually isn't a cop! He's a shrink. I shudder when I read about a shrink, but this one, he makes me shiver with delight. These short stories are so sugary sweet I'm almost comatose with a sugar high. Love it.
Jimmy Hanson
Charming and enigmatic. I kind of wonder why Rawlings jumps right in to the almost-hard-core BDSM play with Hadley right off, but Hadley's a big boy and I could deal with it. My favorite scene? In the very beginning when Hadley admits his dreams to his psychologist ... and Rawlings breaks his pen in half. ^__^;;

First read: October 2010
Second Read: January 2011
Heller
A quick little D/s story about a submissive cop and his crush who happens to be both a Dominant and the psychiatrist who is treating him.

Fast but very hot and fun.
Charly
Completely unexpected turn at the end--and not in a good way

Warning: This review might contain what some people consider SPOILERS.

Rating: 5/10

PROS:
- I love reading stories in which a character who’s always yearned to be dominant or submissive finally tries it for the first time and discovers that it really is as good as he’s always imagined it.
- It’s nice to read a story in which the sub doesn’t do everything perfectly on his first try. Not only does Hadley struggle to follow orders and rememb
Kelly
This book is not my normal type of book. Wait. Let me clarify that. I don't normally read strictly m/m romance. I tend more toward threesome books with a lady thrown into the middle of the two men. What can I say? I like what I like. When I do read m/m romance I like them with a bit of the paranormal. You know, shapeshifters and their ilk. I do like Dom/sub books, so there's a definite plus there.

Anyway. I ended up liking this one more than I thought I would. I have a tendency to enjoy D/s relat
Kari Gregg
Joe Hadley is sent to a shrink to be assessed and deal with any trauma after having been taken hostage during the line of duty. Worst nightmare land, he's to see Dr. Rawlings, a guy he's been fantasizing and lusting after for months. Except Hadley was never really in any danger from his hostage-takers. The incident has stirred the submissive needs that Hadley's finding it harder and harder to deny, though -- which the good doctor is more than equipped (and eager) to take care of.

Wow, excellent s
Phaney
2012 Review:

I love this author.

This book kicks off a series of shorter stories, centred on a family of men in police-related jobs.
The first one? Funny and sweet. ^_^

I am such a sucker for love and romance and happiness in whatever form makes sense to the characters. Well, I do admit I like it when that form means no one is getting injured &c.
This was sweet and caring and I feel just fine. <3
Kerry
This was a good start to a relationship between Dr. Rawlings and Hadley, but it left me wanting a lot more. Hadley is new to realizing that he is a sub, so he is still struggling with following orders. I was a little shocked by Dr. Rawlings already telling Hadley that he loved him. (I wasn't the only one shocked...Hadley was too!!) I am interested to read the next book in the series.
Staceyr
ARGH!!! I was not expecting it to END....*pout*....that's what I get for getting so caught up in the story and not watching the page count. Would really liked to have seen these two settle into their roles with one another. Glad to see this is the start of a series.
Eri
I love that this book is anything but your typical BDSM read, and I love that it handles a therapist/patient relationship without turning unethical. Good plot, good characters, good writing, fluffy and kinky. What's not to like?
Pamela Craft Jenewein
A short story, Rawlings Men Book 01: Handcuffs and Leather was an engaging BDSM story. The plot moved smoothly, embracing every nuance the characters delivered up. Hadley and Rawlins were charismatic, well-built and convincing.
Pamela Su
A fun, hot, little story of a young cop discovering his submissive side in the hands of an experienced Dom. I wish it had been a little longer but I do enjoy Kim Dare's short stories, so I'm not complaining much.
Carolyn88
this was a good BDSM book. The only thing I would wish that it was a little longer. Kim Dare is a good author. I just wish she would make her stories just a bit longer and more detail.
Chris
Very good ebook about a constable who was briefly held prisoner and has to talk to a psychiatrist about the experience - the same psychiatrist he's been dreaming of serving.
S.J.D. Peterson
I liked the emotional dynamics between Dr. Rawlings and Hadley and the way Hadley was learning about himself. I good quick read if you can overlook the typeo's.
Jason Huffman-black
This author has such a wonderful way of describing a loving D/s relationship. I always enjoy her stories.
Julia
Pretty great, super hot. I would've liked it to be longer, yeah, but otherwise I really liked it.
Mandi
Really loved this story. I just wish it was longer (as everyone else!). :)
Gigi
Re-read in June 2013. Still smoking hot! Recommended!
Sue bowdley
another great series this is going to be...loved it x
Elisa Rolle
This was the first story in the Rawlings Men BDSM series, and for various reason I didn’t read it before. Indeed it helps a lot to understand what will be the following development of the series: young and submissive blue collar constables, like Joe Hadley, who meet their Masters in older and handsome white collar professionals, like psychiatric Michael Rawlings.

That is the main theme of all the series, the various contrasts: blue collar workers against white collar professionals; young men aga
Kimberly
My review is cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-r...

Constable Joe Hadley does not need to see a psychiatrist after an incident where he was taken hostage. He just needs the publicity around the stupid event to go away. But Hadley isn’t getting what he wants, which is why he’s sitting in Dr. Michael Rawlings’s office. Having Dr. Rawlings as his shrink is just the cherry on top of a rotten sundae, since Hadley has a huge crush on the older man. What will happe
Sandra
The main reason I read this was because I read Handcuffs and Glory Holes (Rawlings Men #2) and really liked it. I don't think this was as good, but an enjoyable read. It did seem too short, and I did a double take when I turned the page and the story was over. It easily could have been longer and been a little more fully developed. As it was, the "I love you" seemed waaaaaaaay premature and pulled me out of the story a little. But the one full-sex scene was hot and it definitely made me that goo ...more
Amber
This was an ok book but nothing that really hit me as exceptional. I really didn't feel to emotionally invested in them and the whole thing at the end just left me going, huh? (view spoiler)
Kati
I did like the D/s relationship between the main heroes - I very much prefer it when such a relationship isn't just about sex, when the psychological side is described by the author and actually felt by the reader - on the other hand, it's still pretty much a PWP. It's a short-ish ebook but I still expected to learn something more about the main heroes - there were only two characters in the whole story - who they were, where they came from, anything. But the ebook consisted of two rather long s ...more
  • Found (Hammer, #3)
  • Discipline (Deviations, #3)
  • Master Class (Master Class, #1)
  • Masters & Boyd
  • Truthful Change
  • Wooing Master Jones (BDSM Club #1)
  • The Elegant Corpse
  • A Strong Hand
  • Out of the Fire
  • Forever (From Thirty Days to Forever, #2)
Kim is a thirty year old bisexual submissive from Wales (UK). First published in 2008, she has since released almost 100 BDSM erotic romance titles ranging from short stories to full length novels. Having worked with a host of fantastic e-publishers, she has just moved into self publishing.

While she has occasionally ventured towards other pairings, Kim's first love is still, and probably always wi
More about Kim Dare...
Duck! (Avian Shifters, #1) The Mark of an Alpha (Pack Discipline, #1) With a Kiss Ryland's Sacrifice (Thrown to the Lions, #1) Magpie (Avian Shifters, #2)