Start by marking “The Blessings of Brokenness: Why God Allows Us to Go Through Hard Times” as Want to Read:
The Blessings of Brokenness: Why God Allows Us to Go Through Hard Times

The Blessings of Brokenness: Why God Allows Us to Go Through Hard Times

4.5 of 5 stars 4.50  ·  rating details  ·  164 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Dr. Charles Stanley helps those who are experiencing hard times by helping them make sense of why God allows us to be broken.
Published May 4th 2010 by Zondervan (first published August 28th 1997)

To ask other readers questions about The Blessings of Brokenness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Blessings of Brokenness

Anna
Ohhhh this book was so perfectly wonderful. Instead of talking about it, I'll just put a few quotes that spoke to my heart:

When we come to the end of ourselves and stand on the brink of God’s unlimited, unconditional love, we find that we have a greater appreciation for all of God’s gifts to us. Our hearts are renewed with thanksgiving and an awareness of God’s goodness extended to us…
Songs take on a new meaning; our singing takes on a new life. Our interest in life is rekindled. We feel freer t
Kathy
I occasionally listen to Dr. Charles Stanley on television, so when I came across his book, The Blessings of Brokenness, my interest was piqued and so glad it was because it truly is a little gem. I feel so blessed by Dr. Stanley’s insightful teachings helping me grasp a better understanding of my relationship with God and how He is continually molding and shaping me for His purpose. This is an excellent read for anyone, especially one whose ever dealt with brokenness, past or present.
Christie Speedro
If you are of Christian belief this hands down is the best explanation of why we go through times of brokenness I have ever read. Dr. Charles Stanley using scripture from the Bible as well as his own life experiences fully explains why we have to go through brokenness to reach blessings in life. This book gave and still gives me hope and most importantly understanding of how God works in our lives to Glorify him. I would recommend this book to anyone that feels like they have failed or can't see ...more
Robert Gibosn
Mar 21, 2008 Robert Gibosn rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
One of the best books I ever read!
Patricia Stuart
This book is one of my all time favorites! It has helped to get me through some of the toughest times in my Christian experience!

I keep this book on my desk. I often refer to it. I have underlined so many portions in this book. It explains a lot of things that we often wonder about as we go through trials and challenges as well as crisis situations.

This is a very encouraging book! It is a MUST READ!
Jessica
A great book on what it truly means to be broken and why God lets it occur. It really uncovers a lot about who we are as humans and why we do things or don't do things. I would suggest to anyone (even someone who feels like they're in a pretty good place in their life) to read this. We all are sometimes not giving God our all, or trying to avoid things that we fear or feel like we cannot overcome. Please read!!!
Dayve Rampas
Very inspiring book to read especially when you are down and feel dejected. God is there to lead you. A must to read!
Linda James
Dr. Stanley's book helped me look closely at my life and turn over past hurts to God. I feel peaceful and free from things that had held me back emotionally and spiritually. I am currently under-going about nine months of cancer treatment and read this book as a suggestion of my older sister. It was a very insightful book, and helped me to seek God's will for my future.
Isabel
Truly a wonderful book

I wish I would have read this year's ago. Helps you understand what and why we need to be broken to be used by God. This is a must read for everyone going thru something. We want to be used by God but we don't want to go through anything...

Highly recommended.
Alma Santana
Feb 12, 2008 Alma Santana rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Alma by: Jennifer
this book gives very accurate understanding, of why God allows us to go through hard times. I studied this book with a group of strangers and by the time we finished it, we became very close. its short and it gets straight to the point.
Isabel
I truly enjoyed this book, and wished I would have read this awhile back, this book helps you understand why we go through stuff that we don't understand!! Wonderful Read and a book that can
be read more than once
Leo Shaikhadeh
Wonderful book. I wish I would start this long long time ago when pain changed my faith. I do recommend this book to those who are lost in love life or believe their relationships/marriage in danger.
Rosario
A jewel of a book.. A must read for every Christian trying to understand the process of breaking that the Lord instills in us in order for us to reach our full potential for Him and His glory.
Brett Gorney
Charles Stanley helps you understand how God targets those areas that you are most distant from Him and uses them to bring you closer to Him.
Gina Levert
Very convicting. A serious read makes you take a serious look at where you are in your walk.
Read1000books
Subtitled "Why God Allows Us To Go Through Hard Times". So helpful, I've read it twice.
One of the best/difficult books I've read.
Dave Ruyle
Dave Ruyle marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Val Padilla
Val Padilla marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
monica smith
monica smith marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Adam
Adam marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Richman
Richman marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Paula Davis
Paula Davis marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Susan Snoeyink
Susan Snoeyink marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Jhe Garcia
Jhe Garcia marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Eva
Eva marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
  • Powerful Prayers for Troubled Times
  • The Complete Works of E.M. Bounds on Prayer
  • More Than Ordinary: Enjoying Life with God
  • Lessons from a Sheep Dog
  • Light Force: A Stirring Account of the Church Caught in the Middle East Crossfire
  • John G. Paton: Missionary to the New Hebrides
  • The Person and Work of The Holy Spirit
  • Choosing Forgiveness: Your Journey to Freedom
  • Westminster Confession Of Faith (1646-7) (and the Larger and Shorter Catechisms, Directories for Public and Private Worship, Form of Presbyterial Church Government, the Sum of Saving Knowledge, National Covenant and the Solemn League and Covenant)
  • Pure Desire: Helping People Break Free from Sexual Struggles
  • God of the Possible: A Biblical Introduction to the Open View of God
  • Destined for the Throne
  • The Journey: Living by Faith in an Uncertain World
  • Rocking the Roles: Building a Win-Win Marriage
  • The Search for the Twelve Apostles
  • The Autobiography of Charles G. Finney: The Life Story of America's Great Evangelist-In His Own Words
  • Derwood Inc. (Peabody Adventure Series #1)
  • If You Will Ask: Reflections on the Power of Prayer
Dr. Charles F. Stanley is the senior pastor of First Baptist Church Atlanta, founder of In Touch Ministries, and a New York Times best-selling author who has written more than fifty books, and has sold more than nine million copies. He demonstrates a keen awareness of people's needs and provides Christ-centered, biblically-based principles for everyday life.

Charles Frazier Stanley was born Septem
More about Charles F. Stanley...
How to Listen to God The Wonderful Spirit Filled Life When the Enemy Strikes: The Keys to Winning Your Spiritual Battles The Charles F. Stanley Life Principles Bible: A Life Principles Resource Landmines in the Path of the Believer: Avoiding the Hidden Dangers