Start by marking “The Blessings of Brokenness: Why God Allows Us to Go Through Hard Times” as Want to Read:
The Blessings of Brokenness: Why God Allows Us to Go Through Hard Times

The Blessings of Brokenness: Why God Allows Us to Go Through Hard Times

4.51 of 5 stars 4.51  ·  rating details  ·  187 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Dr. Charles Stanley helps those who are experiencing hard times by helping them make sense of why God allows us to be broken.
Published May 4th 2010 by Zondervan (first published August 28th 1997)

To ask other readers questions about The Blessings of Brokenness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Blessings of Brokenness

Anna
Ohhhh this book was so perfectly wonderful. Instead of talking about it, I'll just put a few quotes that spoke to my heart:

When we come to the end of ourselves and stand on the brink of God’s unlimited, unconditional love, we find that we have a greater appreciation for all of God’s gifts to us. Our hearts are renewed with thanksgiving and an awareness of God’s goodness extended to us…
Songs take on a new meaning; our singing takes on a new life. Our interest in life is rekindled. We feel freer t
Elizabeth Olofe
This was an amazing read and opened my mind up to how perfectly complete God's love is for us, even and most especially in hard times
Kathy
I occasionally listen to Dr. Charles Stanley on television, so when I came across his book, The Blessings of Brokenness, my interest was piqued and so glad it was because it truly is a little gem. I feel so blessed by Dr. Stanley’s insightful teachings helping me grasp a better understanding of my relationship with God and how He is continually molding and shaping me for His purpose. This is an excellent read for anyone, especially one whose ever dealt with brokenness, past or present.
Jessica
A great book on what it truly means to be broken and why God lets it occur. It really uncovers a lot about who we are as humans and why we do things or don't do things. I would suggest to anyone (even someone who feels like they're in a pretty good place in their life) to read this. We all are sometimes not giving God our all, or trying to avoid things that we fear or feel like we cannot overcome. Please read!!!
Christie Speedro
If you are of Christian belief this hands down is the best explanation of why we go through times of brokenness I have ever read. Dr. Charles Stanley using scripture from the Bible as well as his own life experiences fully explains why we have to go through brokenness to reach blessings in life. This book gave and still gives me hope and most importantly understanding of how God works in our lives to Glorify him. I would recommend this book to anyone that feels like they have failed or can't see ...more
Robert Gibosn
Mar 21, 2008 Robert Gibosn rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
One of the best books I ever read!
Jean
Dr. Charles Stanley offers an honest, and measurable account of why "bad things happen to good people." This work can be read on different levels, not unlike the Bible. Years of suffering can leave a heart bitter, beaten down and defeated. Or, one can choose to turn within. In the stillness, there can be found a relief beyond explanation - pure grace.

No matter where a person currently travels on their journey, there is something of value to be gleaned from Dr. Stanley's writing.
Patricia Stuart
This book is one of my all time favorites! It has helped to get me through some of the toughest times in my Christian experience!

I keep this book on my desk. I often refer to it. I have underlined so many portions in this book. It explains a lot of things that we often wonder about as we go through trials and challenges as well as crisis situations.

This is a very encouraging book! It is a MUST READ!
Dayve Rampas
Very inspiring book to read especially when you are down and feel dejected. God is there to lead you. A must to read!
Linda James
Dr. Stanley's book helped me look closely at my life and turn over past hurts to God. I feel peaceful and free from things that had held me back emotionally and spiritually. I am currently under-going about nine months of cancer treatment and read this book as a suggestion of my older sister. It was a very insightful book, and helped me to seek God's will for my future.
Isabel
Truly a wonderful book

I wish I would have read this year's ago. Helps you understand what and why we need to be broken to be used by God. This is a must read for everyone going thru something. We want to be used by God but we don't want to go through anything...

Highly recommended.
Alma Santana
Feb 12, 2008 Alma Santana rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Alma by: Jennifer
this book gives very accurate understanding, of why God allows us to go through hard times. I studied this book with a group of strangers and by the time we finished it, we became very close. its short and it gets straight to the point.
Isabel
I truly enjoyed this book, and wished I would have read this awhile back, this book helps you understand why we go through stuff that we don't understand!! Wonderful Read and a book that can
be read more than once
Leo Shaikhadeh
Wonderful book. I wish I would start this long long time ago when pain changed my faith. I do recommend this book to those who are lost in love life or believe their relationships/marriage in danger.
Rosario
A jewel of a book.. A must read for every Christian trying to understand the process of breaking that the Lord instills in us in order for us to reach our full potential for Him and His glory.
Brett Gorney
Charles Stanley helps you understand how God targets those areas that you are most distant from Him and uses them to bring you closer to Him.
Gina Levert
Very convicting. A serious read makes you take a serious look at where you are in your walk.
Read1000books
Subtitled "Why God Allows Us To Go Through Hard Times". So helpful, I've read it twice.
One of the best/difficult books I've read.
Vladimir Soares
Vladimir Soares marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2015
Carrie Baragwanath
Carrie Baragwanath marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
rita white
rita white marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2015
Samantha Brasher
Samantha Brasher marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
Tina
Tina is currently reading it
Jul 26, 2015
  • The Complete Works of E.M. Bounds on Prayer
  • More Than Ordinary: Enjoying Life with God
  • The Making of a Man of God: Lessons from the Life of David
  • Lessons from a Sheep Dog
  • Powerful Prayers for Troubled Times
  • God's Guidance: A Slow and Certain Light
  • Light Force: A Stirring Account of the Church Caught in the Middle East Crossfire
  • God of the Possible: A Biblical Introduction to the Open View of God
  • 20 Compelling Evidences That God Exists: Discover Why Believing in God Makes So Much Sense
  • Pure Desire: Helping People Break Free from Sexual Struggles
  • On Witchcraft
  • Destined for the Throne
  • John G. Paton: Missionary to the New Hebrides
  • The Person and Work of The Holy Spirit
  • Intimate Friendship with God: Through Understanding the Fear of the Lord
  • Westminster Confession Of Faith (1646-7) (and the Larger and Shorter Catechisms, Directories for Public and Private Worship, Form of Presbyterial Church Government, the Sum of Saving Knowledge, National Covenant and the Solemn League and Covenant)
  • The Secret of Happiness
  • The Rest of the Gospel: When the Partial Gospel Has Worn You Out
Dr. Charles F. Stanley is the senior pastor of First Baptist Church Atlanta, founder of In Touch Ministries, and a New York Times best-selling author who has written more than fifty books, and has sold more than nine million copies. He demonstrates a keen awareness of people's needs and provides Christ-centered, biblically-based principles for everyday life.

Charles Frazier Stanley was born Septem
More about Charles F. Stanley...
How to Listen to God The Wonderful Spirit Filled Life When the Enemy Strikes: The Keys to Winning Your Spiritual Battles Handle with Prayer: Unwrap the Source of God's Strength for Living The Charles F. Stanley Life Principles Bible: A Life Principles Resource

“He allows brokenness in our lives in order to bring about a blessing.” 1 likes