Start by marking “Baby Bonanza (Billionaires and Babies, #2)” as Want to Read:
Baby Bonanza (Billionaires and Babies, #2)

Baby Bonanza (Billionaires and Babies #2)

3.41  ·  Rating Details ·  4,449 Ratings  ·  272 Reviews
Twins? The startling revelation that his affair with Jenna Baker had produced two little boys was almost impossible to grasp. Tycoon Nick Falco had never considered himself the settling-down type, yet now that fatherhood had been thrust upon him, he was determined to give his sons his name. But their mother wasn't about to let him back into her life…at least not without th ...more
Kindle Edition, Silhouette Desire, #1893, 192 pages
Published August 1st 2008 by Harlequin Books (first published October 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Baby Bonanza, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baby Bonanza

Becky
Hero is a pig...every cliche in the book, from "I'm not a monk" to repeated reference to how he has the right to bang a different "willing woman" whenever he feels like it, to his discarding of heroine like trash even though he was sleeping her for a week because she didn't tell him she was an employee, to his plan to use and discard her again, to his plan to take his kids away from a loving mother just so he can have what he wants. Basically, he's a giant ID...a whiny brat who always gets what ...more
D.L.
Oct 20, 2009 D.L. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I saw this was one of the harelquin freebies, I just had to get it. I mean really, have you taken a good look at that cover? It cracks me up! I don't know if I should start with the two fat, oblivious babies... or the way he's holding them like two wiggling footballs he scooped up off the ground while gazing optimistically into the horizon... or the strange jaw buldge that suggets a jaw tumor. I mean it looks like some oddball in a suit picked up some kids at the supermarket and brought the ...more
Wicked Incognito Now
Others have listed my reasons for hating this book. I'll just say: The hero, as a millionaire, was in the power position. Yet, he constantly remained powerful and overboding. He was overtly manipulative and unnecessarily angry before this book even started, so he SHOULD have had his ass handed to him by the heroine. He should've been taken down a notch. For this book to be acceptable for me, he should've been on his knees, giving power to the person who had none: the heroine.
Holly Noelle
This is the first book I read on an ereader. Interesting experience - terrible book.

This review will contain spoilers.

Baby Bonanza is the lame story of a couple whose romance got interrupted due to some blatant miscommunication. Despite knowing he's her boss, Jenna decides to flirt and eventually sleep with Nick. Upon discovering who she is, he fires her and refuses to hear her side of the story. Shortly after that wondrous event, Jenna realizes she's pregnant with Nick's twin baby boys.

Shocker
Minze
Jun 30, 2009 Minze rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
The premise of this book is OK. Heroine has affair with hero, doesn't tell him she's his employee, he finds out anyway and fires her because he feels betrayed. The book starts when she runs him to earth on his cruise ship and tells him he's a father and would he please pay child support? And that's where the author lost me.

For one thing, the whole situation felt irreal. The hero is living on his cruise ship. Why would he do that? Isn't he losing money if he's living in the best cabin instead of
Wendy
My research into What's New and Hot in Category Romance continues. This is my second free e-Harlequin.

Premise: One week of romantic bliss, which screechs to a halt when Tycoon Hero discovers that Poor but Honest Hardworking Heroine is in fact one of his employees, and not a guest on the cruise ship. He fires her and, assuming that she's after his money, refuses to countenance any explanation from her, either then or over the course of the next several months, when she calls, writes, and emails,
Janice (Janicu)
Feb 05, 2009 Janice (Janicu) rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Jenna Baker worked for Nick Falco on one of his cruiseships, but after a week long affair together, Nick fired her because she didn't tell him she was his employee. Jenna got pregnant, but Nick ignored all her emails, phonecalls and messages for months and has no idea that he's a father. Jenna just wants Nick to know and to ask for child support for the twins, so she buys a ticket on his newest cruise to approach him in person.

Overall: OK, but I ended up not really liking this one. I thought Fal
L.  (I've Hit The 600 Mark)
Nick Falco is your typical Harlequin hero. He's filthy rich, handsome, has no personality and has women constantly throwing themselves at him. Jenna Baker is your typical Harlequin heroine. She's poor, beautiful, has no personality and a magic hoo-ha that makes her stand out from the rest of the women the hero has ever slept with.

After a whirlwind affair, Nick quickly dumps Jenna. She's unable to contact him via phone, text or email to tell him she's pregnant. (I guess it never occurred to her t
Dina
Harlequin/Silhouette books are like an addiction to me, so easy to get into... :)

This one was very entertaining, but nothing out of the ordinary. I cant see myself buying Harlequin/Silhouette books anymore, but this one was free and, hey, it was good.
Fani loves angst
Poorly written story, completely unlikable hero (he sleeps with a different woman every other night but suddenly he wants to be a father and loyal husband), silly heroine who 4 months after giving birth to twins doesn't wear bra and is more desirable than ever and can't keep her hands off the man she fell in love after spending one week with him a year ago!
LIA
Jan 01, 2017 LIA rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Thank God it's still early in the year, I still have my temper in control.
Bad books, bad characters, bad storyline
Rebecca (agirlirlblog, bekkilyn)
Ana
Oct 07, 2011 Ana rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't like it! There, I've said it!
I got this as a free e-book on Harlequin's site and thought it was about time I read one of Harlequin's books. Well, I am not sorry for reading it and will probably read more of their books in the future, but this particular book just wasn't for me.
The first thing that caught my eye was the cover!
I love the babies, but the picture of that macho guy holding them seems a bit silly, to be frank. But ok..it's a story about a Macho guy who just finds out he's bec
A.M.
Mar 23, 2009 A.M. rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, romance
Sam
Jul 29, 2012 Sam rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Free book on Kobo, I'm so thankful I didn't have to pay for it.
The basic premise was good but the execution was dreadful. It had potential but kept going downhill until the end, that's when it went over the cliff head first. Angry, manipulative, playboy walks all over single mother of his twins. He threatens to take them away or split them up with 1 kid going to each parent because he is pissed she didn't tell him about them, and needs child support. Despite the fact she spent a year trying to
Nicole
Sep 10, 2009 Nicole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2009
This was the first time I've read any books by this author and after a string of bad luck with not enjoying the stories from the Desire line, I was hesitant to dive in and read. But I'd made a promise to myself to get through my TBR pile here before getting any new books. :-) So I started reading it. I loved it! I couldn't put it down--just ask my hubby. :-) Due to the story plot I expected bitterness. And yes there is some. There has to be some. But it didn't dominate as I'd expected. And thing ...more
Booklover
What a CUTE book,I really enjoyed the ease of reading this book and it kept me on the edge of wanting to keep reading and not putting it down. I finished it within less than 24 hours. I thought it was a fun book although the ending was expected to be as it was. I still loved reading it.

Absolutely adored Jenna,how she fights for her children's rights and is ever prepared for any accusation that Nick can hurl at her,she ready with all documents,proofs and words and when Nick is tongue tied when a
Letícia Kartalian
O meu problema com romances de banca é que ele tem uma problemática que assim que é resolvida o livro acaba.
Isso me frustra porque enquanto há livros que realmente não tem mais o que tirar, têm livros - como esse - que eu poderia pensar em diversas possibilidades.
Eu gostei dele, mas perdeu uma estrelinha por ser extremamente direto ao ponto.
Michelle
Jun 19, 2012 Michelle rated it really liked it
This was a really fun read. I loved that it jumped right in to the story but did not make me feel like I was missing information. Ms. Child did a very good job of quickly providing the background needed to pull the reader in to the story and then hit the ground running. Nick is a billionaire who earned his money through luxury cruise ships. Jenna is a former employee who after a brief affair becomes pregnant with his twins. After multiple failed attempts to gain Nick’s attention and introduce hi ...more
Missy Jane
Jan 01, 2013 Missy Jane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had expected this to be a cheesy love story because the title and cover were really riding that edge. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the characters and the writing. Both were really good and I'm now intrigued enough to want to know more.
Jenna met Nick aboard one of his cruise ships and they had a week-long flaming affair. Once he learned she worked for him he dumped her and fired her immediately. Now that a year has passed by without a word between them she's aboard one of his ships ag
Kimberly
Sep 03, 2010 Kimberly rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I read this in a day not because I couldn't put it down, but because it seemed really short. The characters weren't very well developed and what we did learn wasn't really that interesting. The hero was kind of a pompous jerk who expects everything to go exactly to his plan and when it doesn't he threatens destruction. Toward the end he actually comes out and says marry me or I'll sue for custody. Nothing says I love you like using babies as bargaining chips. He also offered to take one twin and ...more
Felicia
Mar 31, 2011 Felicia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Don't judge me. It was free on my e-book, and I was intrigued by the ridiculous cover and title. Seriously, look at it. Some clueless doofus juggling two chunky babies in front of a city-at-sunset backdrop. Ah-MAZ-ing.

I'm going to have to call shenanigans on the title though. The babies weren't even in the book for at least 80% of it. What kind of poor excuse for a bonanza is that? And what kind of mother leaves her newborn babies to go off on a cruise, estranged father of her children or not?
Beate
Feb 04, 2012 Beate rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Didn't exactly rock my world, but it was a cute read. The book would probably have ended up being several pages shorter had the author cut back the 'his pale blue eyes' to a minimum. It was seriously just too much.

Baby Bonanza is your standard "boy meets girl, girl has kids, girl tells boy he's a daddy, add some drama, happy ever after" recipe. And it works. Especially for a cute and quick read. And it's perfect for in-between the heavier reading.
Castiron
Aug 19, 2010 Castiron rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
A fun light read. While it's blatant fantasy (and I found it more unbelievable that Jenna could start her own business while caring for four-month-old twins than that she could get into a romance with a billionaire), my disbelief didn't keep me from enjoying the story. Jenna and Nick generally behave like adults; when they do stray into jerk behaviors, it's clear what's set them off, and they clue in and shape up reasonably quickly.
SheLove2Read
Dec 15, 2010 SheLove2Read rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
NOT a secret baby story, thank heavens! I'm fact she went above and beyond what I would have done trying to let him know she was pregnant. He was a bit of a jerk and I really didn't "get" the attraction but it wasn't a bad read. Light and mostly implausible, this would be a good beach/vacation/rainy afternoon read. C+
Komal
Jan 02, 2012 Komal rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I read this because it was a free read on kindle but I regret it now. And that's saying something because rarely do I regert reading a book no matter how bad it may be. Everything just seemed too perfect which made the characters annoying within the first chapter. Overall, a big waste of time but I've learned reading this book to be cautious with free reads.
Elle
Aug 17, 2016 Elle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reads
What I liked.
- the cute little ones

What I disliked.
- nick is being a jerk, so full of himself & a manipulator
- jenna just can't help herself from being an idiot, stick herself for a lifetime to a man who doesn't even deserve her *facepalm*
Katharine
I read this because it was available for free on my Kindle and honestly it sucked. The main characters are both pretty unlikable and I spent most of the book thinking they'd be better off without each other.
Maggie
Oct 27, 2013 Maggie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Predictable but still entertaining!
A good in between book. : )
  • The Bride's Baby
  • Once a Cowboy (The Cowboys, #3)
  • Dancing In The Moonlight (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #2)
  • Speed Dating
  • A Very Special Delivery
  • Crime Scene At Cardwell Ranch (Cardwell Ranch #1)
  • Stranded with a Spy (Code Name: Danger #11)
  • Slow Hands
  • Price of Passion
  • Homespun Bride (The McKaslin Clan Historical #2)
  • His Lady Mistress
  • Cowboy Dad (The State of Parenthood #3)
  • Kiss Me Deadly (Bewitch the Dark #2)
  • Billionaire Baby Dilemma (Billionaires and Babies, #13)
  • The Italian's Inexperienced Mistress (Ruthless)
  • Irresistible Forces (Forged of Steele, #5)
  • The Hunters
  • Snowbound
USA Today best selling author Maureen Child is the author of more than ninety romance novels and novellas. Maureen is a five time nominee for the prestigious Rita award from Romance Writers of America.
One of her novels, A Pocketful Of Paradise, was made into a CBS-TV movie called The Soul Collector, starring Melissa Gilbert, Bruce Greenwood and Ossie Davis.
Over the years, she’s written under lot
More about Maureen Child...

Billionaires and Babies (1 - 10 of 81 books)
  • Baby Business (Billionaires and Babies, #1)
  • Baby Benefits (Messina Brothers, #2; Billionaires and Babies, #3)
  • Baby Bequest (Billionaires and Babies, #4)
  • Valente's Baby (Valente, #3; Billionaires and Babies, #5)
  • Inherited: One Child (Billionaires and Babies, #6)
  • Billion-Dollar Baby Bargain (Billionaires and Babies, #7)
  • His Ring, Her Baby (Billionaires and Babies, #8)
  • Bargaining for Baby (Billionaires and Babies, #9)
  • The Billionaire Baby Bombshell (Billionaires and Babies, #10)
  • Have Baby, Need Billionaire (Billionaires and Babies, #11)

“I’m not the white-picket-fence kind of guy. So don’t go building castles in the air. You’ll get trapped in the rubble when they collapse.” 2 likes