Start by marking “Sleepover Sleuths (Nancy Drew And The Clue Crew, No 1)” as Want to Read:
Sleepover Sleuths (Nancy Drew And The Clue Crew, No 1)

Sleepover Sleuths (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew #1)

4.01  ·  Rating Details ·  1,632 Ratings  ·  93 Reviews
Eight-year-old Nancy Drew has her first case to crack! Can you help?

Nancy and her two best friends, George and Bess, are so excited! They have been invited to Deirdre's sleepover party! There will be pizza, cake, and even a pajama fashion show. But the most exciting thing is that the party has a City Girls doll theme. All of the guests are bringing their dolls with them!

Bu

96 pages
Published (first published May 9th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Sleepover Sleuths, please sign up.

Ann♥♪♪♪♪ You can read the preview for Sleepover Sleuths on this page, but to read the whole book you can buy it as an ebook which is available in several…moreYou can read the preview for Sleepover Sleuths on this page, but to read the whole book you can buy it as an ebook which is available in several formats and read it on an app or borrow it from the library. :) (less)

Lionel
Oct 09, 2011 Lionel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s, mystery
I tried reading a "regular" Nancy Drew with Sophie, but she just wasn't in to it. Discovered that there's now a Nancy Drew series for younger readers, Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, and so we tried this one (the first). It was a big hit. We read two or three chapters a night and she was totally engrossed and wants to read more of them.

We've read several at this point. Some general observations:
The books are real mysteries (albeit not terribly complicated ones), introducing kids to the tropes of t
Lauren
Mar 21, 2011 Lauren rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well it was really good.I like mysteries. Well i like to slove them like Nancy Drew. In sleepover sleuths They are city girls there is onley one hollywood heather and derdie got hollywood heather and a bunch of other girls wanted holly wood heather. But she got her then the doll goes missing and nancy has to figure it out and she does it fell from the window sill and it slipped and fell in kendras bag.
Melanie, Aaron, Annie, and Mary Project
Read by: Melanie
Genre: Mystery
Author: Carolyn Keene Illustrator: Macky Pamintuan
Interest Level: 3-5
Grade Level Equivalent: 3.2
DRA: N/A
Lexile: 580L

Nancy Drew and her friends are invited to a sleepover at Deirdre's house and were instructed to bring their City Girls dolls with them. Deirdre unveils the new, cool doll that she received for her birthday, Hollywood Heather, but when morning comes she is missing. Did someone steal her new doll and can Nancy figured out what happened? Nancy Drew has a
Larissa
My nine year old sister gave me the two first titles in the "Clue Crew" series for Christmas this year, which I have to say, really made my day. Even though I'm going to be a little stodgy and say that I'm not sure that there needs to be yet another incarnation of the Nancy Drew books, I thought this was a pretty cute title, and not without merit. The invention of the "City Girls" dolls was rather on point with current trends in pre-teen collectibles and was a creative basis for a story. Also, t ...more
Ashley Li
Jan 19, 2016 Ashley Li rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nancy Drew and The Clue Crew Review

PERSONAL RESPONSE

In children's minds, friends are much more important than the material things like the doll. Every child’s heart is pure and innocent. And if we do something wrong to friends, we should tell them the truth. There can’t be so many lies in friendships, so people should believe each other when they tell the truth. She/ he will forgive the liars, and they will still be friends. Personally after I read this book, I realized trust and honesty are the
Jerry
Mar 28, 2017 Jerry rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good.
Eurocrime
Nancy, Bess & George's first adventure - aged 8.
Jenn M
Jun 06, 2013 Jenn M rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first book in the Nancy Drew and the Crew Clue series, that follows Nancy Drew and her two best friends Bess and George (the same cast of characters from the original Nancy Drew series written in the 1950's-1960's) when they began solving mysteries at age 8 and in the third grade.

In this book, Nancy, Bess and George are invited to a birthday sleepover at Deidre's house, where Deidre receives a much-sought-after gift of a rare doll. The doll disappears and Deidre asks Nancy and her friends to
Dolly
May 02, 2010 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
I absolutely loved, loved, loved Nancy Drew books when I was a young girl and I am so excited to start sharing them with our girls. These are perfect for their age; in them, Nancy and her friends are in the third grade. And the mysteries are very simple and not too scary. This one was about a missing doll at a slumber party and our girls had a blast trying to figure out "whodunit" from the clues. I can't wait to read more!
Jan
Jan 13, 2012 Jan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first of the "junior" Nancy Drew books, for 7- to 9-year-old chapter book readers. In this first book, Nancy and the rest of her 3rd grade friends solve their first mystery (a missing doll) and decide to organize the Clue Crew.

Not as smoothly written as some of the later books in the series, but notable for establishing the groundwork for the rest.
Samantha Osborne
loved
Michelle Thomas
I thought it was pretty boring not at all like the old Nancy Drew novels I loved, but my 6 yo daughter enjoyed it thus have 3 stars.
Cecelia
Sep 02, 2015 Cecelia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was about Nancy, Bess, and George getting invited to a sleepover. The sleepover was Deidre's birthday party. They had to bring their City Dolls to the party. George has Oklahoma City Olivia. Bess has Honolulu Hallie. Nancy has Chicago Cheryl. Deidre has the most expensive and special City Girl ever. Her name is Hollywood Heather. Her poncho is made of real sheep's wool and she has beautiful white boots. She has blonde hair. During the sleepover, after all the games, when they're trying ...more
Casamore Jones
May 01, 2017 Casamore Jones rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Your kids will love it

Excellent read! This is a pretty good read for young kids! I loved Nancy drew as a kid and even though this was for younger readers I still enjoyed it
Sarah Crawford
Jan 18, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One thing that is very helpful is that at the start of the book they have a page which describes the case, the suspects, the contact and the complications. This helps a person keep track of who's who right from the start.

The main theme is that a Senator Kilpatrick, who Nancy knows, has requested Nancy's help. A woman reporter is planning to publish a book exposing secrets of a variety of people, and exposing Kilpatrick's could place her career in jeopardy and also threaten the life of a tennis
Holly Letson
City Girls are the most popular new dolls. And, Hollywood Heather is the rarest one. Diedre has one, and wants to show it off, so she invites the girls over for a sleepover. But, her precious doll ends up missing.
No need to worry, though. Nancy Drew and Friends are on the case. And, soon, they have it solved. The cat, Marshmallow, knocked the doll into Madison's bag, and she was scared that Diedre would no longer remain friends with her if she told her.
All's well that ends well, though. The frie
Shahrbano
Aug 23, 2009 Shahrbano rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sleepover Sleuths
In this book, Nancy , Bess and George are invited to their friend Deirdre's sleepover birthday!!!!!Deirdre ( At the party)shows everyone her new city girls doll: The expensive Hollywood Heather!! Then, in the morning Deirdre screams that Hollywood Heather is gone!! Nancy, George and Bess want to solve the mystery, so they find clues, sneak into bags and more.Later, when Nancy, Bess and George are solving the mystery, Deirdre calls and says that her dad wants her to take Hollyw
Memory Toast
Honestly, mysteries have never been my thing, but many of my students love them and one student asked me about this series, so I decided to give it a go. For its intended audience I think it did a nice job. There were age-appropriate plot twists, 3rd graders making safe choices, but still acting like 3rd graders, and cute illustrations.

Some of the characters could have been a little less stereotyped (did the girl who was a computer whiz really have to prefer going by George rather than her real
Miri
Jun 13, 2014 Miri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chapter-books
If your daughter is a mystery fan but isn't old enough to the original Nancy Drew Books these are a great start for an avid reader. The mysteries are simple and real clues are presented. (In this story Deirdre's special City Girl Doll disappears at her birthday party and Nancy is tasked with finding out which guest took the doll.) Nancy Drew is 8 years old in the book, Bess and George are also in this series as part of the "Clue Crew". There are pictures and the content is such that you don't ha ...more
Brittani Williams
I'm not too much of a fan of this book. In my opinion it's a little bit cheesy. It could be used to help children make predictions. I see this book being used in a classroom library. I think young girls (around 3rd grade) would enjoy reading this book independently. It could also help add to children't vocabulary because the author takes time to have Nancy give a quick definition of some of the words she uses in the story.
Jennah
Feb 12, 2013 Jennah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: to-read-to-didi
This is now my daughter's favorite series. As soon as we finished book 1, she asked me to take her to the book store to get book 2. She really enjoyed going through the clues and speculating who would be th culprit based on the clues.

It was a fun read for us share. And it's always great when your child willingly chooses books over TV.
Jean Oram
Mar 14, 2012 Jean Oram rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
A nice way for girls who are a bit young for the full Nancy Drew mysteries to be introduced to mysteries and Nancy Drew. Aimed at about 7-year-olds, these books are sort of the beginning of Nancy Drew and how she became a mystery solver. Set at a sleepover, one of the girl's coveted dolls goes missing. Nancy solves the mystery--of course--despite setbacks and the fact that it isn't always easy.
Ratforcekids
Since you like mysteries, you may enjoy the series Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew. In the first book of the series, Nancy Drew investigates when a doll goes missing at a sleepover party.

The first book in the Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew series. Get to know this young sleuth and follow her adventures in all of her books.
Mbustamante
Oct 26, 2010 Mbustamante rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nancy and her two best friends are going to a sleepover. One of the dolls was lost and they think someone had stealed it. Like Nancy really likes mysteries she keeps looking for an answer and gets to know who stolr it. i really liked this books I love mistery books in which you have to find who did what. I really liked Nancy Drew.
Jamie Svoboda
May 27, 2016 Jamie Svoboda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How you like the book because I did. I hope you like the book

It's a pretty good book with lots of mystery and fun. It is more for younger kind of readers and it is more for girls but can be also for boys.
Tia
Jan 17, 2014 Tia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Adorable mystery. Perfect for my 6 year old, 1st grader. She loved trying to figure out whodunit through out the book. She made several guesses and was surprised by the ending. She is excited to read more of this series.
Callie Stillion
Aug 01, 2013 Callie Stillion rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Deirdre`s doll Hollywood Heather goes missing and Nancy, Bess, and George are helping. It`s their first mystery and Nancy`s done lots of research by reading and watching mysteries.

So this is how Nancy Drew and her friends Bess and George start their love of mysteries, and solving them!
Kay
Oct 21, 2014 Kay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
I enjoyed Nancy Drew as a kid and checked out this book to see if appropriate for six year old. Perfect level for beginning chapter book reader. Nancy is eight so may hold off to closer to that age as she will be more excited that they are same age.
Kathryn
May 05, 2011 Kathryn rated it it was ok
one of my students got this at the book fair and i could not resist that new book smell. so i read it during her class. its a new nancy drew series about drew and her crew when they were in 3rd grade. super boring...maybe cause its for 8 year olds. but it smelled wonderful!
Andd Becker
The illustrator is Macky Pamintuan. The author brings Nancy Drew to contemporary times through computer, e-mail, and Web site references. There is high energy and brisk dialogue. Eight-year-old Nancy and friends find clues to solve the mystery of the missing doll.
  • Fancy Nancy: Nancy Clancy, Super Sleuth
  • Sophie the Awesome (Sophie, #1)
  • The Mystery of the Stolen Diamonds (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #1)
  • Purple Princess Wins the Prize (Perfectly Princess)
  • Make Way for Dyamonde Daniel (Dyamonde Daniel #1)
  • The Weeping Werewolf (Moongobble and Me, #2)
  • The Crazy Case of Missing Thunder (Goofballs #1)
  • Ruby Lu, Brave and True
  • The Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Treasure Hunt (Judy Moody & Stink, #2)
  • A Katie Kazoo Christmas (Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo, Super Super Special)
  • Violet Mackerel's Brilliant Plot (Violet Mackerel, #1)
  • Mr. Harrison Is Embarrassin'! (My Weirder School, #2)
  • The Bald Bandit (A to Z Mysteries, #2)
  • Buddy (The Puppy Place, #5)
  • The Disoriented Express (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #10)
  • Chrissa
  • Bravo, Mia! (American Girl of the Year)
  • Remembering Mrs. Rossi

Edna and Harriet Stratemeyer inherited the company from their father Edward Str
More about Carolyn Keene...

Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew (1 - 10 of 39 books)
  • Scream for Ice Cream (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #2)
  • Pony Problems (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #3)
  • The Cinderella Ballet Mystery (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #4)
  • Case of the Sneaky Snowman (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #5)
  • The Fashion Disaster (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #6)
  • The Circus Scare (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #7)
  • Lights, Camera . . . Cats! (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #8)
  • The Halloween Hoax (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #9)
  • Ticket Trouble (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #10)
  • Ski School Sneak (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #11)

“She touched her forehead with the back of her” 0 likes