Start by marking “Designer's Eye 2: Scrapbooking W/ Patterned Paper” as Want to Read:
Designer's Eye 2: Scrapbooking W/ Patterned Paper

Designer's Eye 2: Scrapbooking W/ Patterned Paper

4.39  ·  Rating Details  ·  293 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
In this book you will learn the secret for choosing and using pattern paper on your layouts. Learn how to find the perfect paper to work with your photos. Learn how to place patterns on your pages for maximum impact. You will learn how to mix and match a variety of patterns. Includes great tips on how to store and organize you pattered paper for easy access.
Published September 1st 2007 by Ck Media (first published August 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Designer's Eye 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Designer's Eye 2

Kimberly Calderon
Nov 07, 2007 Kimberly Calderon rated it it was amazing
This is one of the only "scrapbooking" books I own.

Edwards has a way of putting emotion/expression and art/crafting together in a meaningful and touching way in this book, which is something that I find lacking in the books of other scrapbooking "celebrities." The other artists featured in this book, (like Jamie Waters, another inspiration), show variations on Edwards' work that make the concepts and ideas being presented more universal.

This book makes me want to sit down and make stuff!
Sophie Riggsby
Jul 02, 2008 Sophie Riggsby rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: scapbook enthusiasts
Ali is amazing with patterened paper. I am glad there was a sequel to her otiginal book. Her use of mostly white, cream, kraft and red cardstrock helped me solve the "what matches with this busy but darling patterened paper that I just HAD to have" dilemma. And as usual her clean, artsy, linear and always slightly quirky approach motivated me to go through my old stashes and think of the possibilities.
Dana
May 31, 2009 Dana rated it really liked it
Ali Edwards is probably, without a doubt, my favorite "celebrity" scrapbooker. I finally got my hands on a copy of this book (thanks eBay and bidding wars!) and really liked the way she taught patterned paper usage basics. The one thing that I wish was that there were more of her pages and less of others'. That kept it from being a 5/5.
Kathryn Wilson
Sep 16, 2007 Kathryn Wilson rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone looking for a little inspiration
Shelves: it-was-good
I didn't find the template type stuff they had in this book particularly useful, but I just loved looking at the different types of patterns they'd used and how. You can't get around it, this girl knows her stuff and has REAL talent.
Jana
Jun 30, 2008 Jana rated it it was amazing
This was a good book - it reinforces the fact that you don't have to always use one manufacturer on a page or even match the papers perfectly. A good book if you are trying to learn how texture and patterns can go together...
Jaime
Jan 23, 2009 Jaime rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books that those that have a hard time figuring out how to use printed papers can keep as a bible. It really gives a nice guide of parings that most people would not make but they work.
Jessica
Jul 29, 2008 Jessica rated it it was amazing
This book was so FUN to read and to look at. the visuals are really nice and I love her simple explanations on how to recreate. she give wonderful examples in this book. I highly recommend it.
Lisa
Feb 28, 2008 Lisa rated it really liked it
Love this book! I use it as a reference when looking for some scrapbooking inspiration. Great real life stories where the creations focus on the stories while sharing them in a creative way.
Amy
Aug 06, 2008 Amy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: craft, favorites
This was my first book when I started to scrapbook, I really connected with Ali's style and I enjoy her approach to family and life and how she records it as well.
Cindy
Jul 13, 2007 Cindy rated it it was amazing
Another AWESOME book by Ali!! Since I love patterned paper this was just another MUST-Have for me. An extra bonus is the free paper in back designed by Ali. WOOHOO!!
Mistress of Romance Kim  Brown
great basic foundation ideas that will apply no matter how much time goes by. Just just current pattern paper.
Jess
Jun 03, 2008 Jess rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: scrapbookers
Scrapbooking with patterned paper can be rather intimidating, this book helps make it easier to use.
Jul 10, 2011 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Still one of my all-time favorites. Enjoy flipping through it every time I begin a project.
Shanda Strawkas
Aug 07, 2010 Shanda Strawkas rated it it was amazing
Ali Edwards is so creative, without being over-the-top. I love her approach to scrapbooking :)
Tiffany
Dec 02, 2010 Tiffany rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: scrapbookers
Ali Edwards is my scrapbooking mentor above all others! She is an artist and an inspiration!
Lisa
Aug 26, 2008 Lisa rated it it was amazing
A must own for scrapbookers. I love Ali Edwards' work, and this is no exception.
Christen
Feb 23, 2008 Christen rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite scrapbooking idea book...I find myself looking at it again and again.
Lyneen
Jan 24, 2009 Lyneen rated it it was amazing
Love this book.... if you are a paper crafter or scrapbooker this is a must have book!
Heather
Jan 03, 2008 Heather rated it it was amazing
My idol in scrapbooking. Took a class from her and met her in Feb. 2007. Love her!
Amanda
Jul 08, 2008 Amanda rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: scrapbook makers, CK readers
Very inspiring for scrapbooking. I love her style - very casual, simple and fun.
Pamela
Dec 16, 2007 Pamela rated it really liked it
I love Ali and this book was pretty solid. I picked up a few tips and pointers from it.
Karen
Jan 25, 2009 Karen rated it liked it
Shelves: scrapbooking
Good book, love Ali's style but don't feel like I can do what Ali did.
Paula
Jan 15, 2008 Paula rated it it was amazing
Shelves: scrapping
brilliant - great inspiration, great ideas and very motivating! Thanks, Ali!
Tina Albertson
Feb 18, 2010 Tina Albertson rated it really liked it
Shelves: scrapbooking
Ali Edwards is one of my favorite designers. She makes simple look amazing!
Rmeyfe
Aug 13, 2008 Rmeyfe rated it liked it
Wish there was more "how to" and less just pretty pictures in here.
Kathleen
Feb 27, 2014 Kathleen rated it it was amazing
A really good book on the basics of design. Ali never disappoints
Kristi
Oct 10, 2007 Kristi rated it it was amazing
I love this book, completely full of inspiration.
Amy
Jul 16, 2007 Amy rated it it was amazing
my go-to's for scrapbooking...
Kimberly White
Jul 23, 2008 Kimberly White rated it it was amazing
Love Ali Edward's inspiration!
Rachel
Oct 08, 2007 Rachel marked it as to-read
She's a Eugene girl - Gotta read it!
  • The Big Picture... Scrapbook Your Life and a Whole Lot More
  • Clean & Simple: Scrapbooking: The Sequel
  • The Organized and Inspired Scrapbooker
  • We Dare You: Scrapbook Challenges about Real Life
  • Scrapbook Page Maps: Sketches For Creative Layouts
  • Organizing Your Craft Space
  • The Art Journal Workshop: Break Through, Explore, and Make it Your Own
  • Collage Discovery Workshop: Beyond the Unexpected--New Techniques Using Color, Personal Imagery and Creative Surfaces
  • Alphabetica: An A-Z Creativity Guide for Collage and Book Artists
  • Altered Books, Collaborative Journals, and Other Adventures in Bookmaking
  • Journal Revolution: Rise Up and Create Art Journals, Personal Manifestos and Other Artistic Insurrections
  • Blogging for Bliss: Crafting Your Own Online Journal: A Guide for Crafters, Artists & Creatives of all Kinds
  • The Complete Guide to Altered Imagery: Mixed-Media Techniques for Collage, Altered Books, Artist Journals, and More
  • Altered Books Workshop: 18 Creative Techniques for Self-Expression
  • The A-Z of Creative Photography
  • Inner Excavation: Exploring Your Self Through Photography, Poetry and Mixed Media
  • Taking Flight: Inspiration and Techniques to Give Your Creative Spirit Wings