Start by marking “The Revenge Affair” as Want to Read:
The Revenge Affair

The Revenge Affair

3.46  ·  Rating Details  ·  91 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Joshua Wade was convinced that Regan was plotting to disrupt his wedding. Why else would she have agreed to organize the big day--when she clearly had a grudge against him? Regan had to admit there was unfinished business between them: a reckless one-night stand....

Regan wasn't out for revenge, though she did have a hidden reason for getting close to Joshua's family. Only
Published September 14th 2009 by Harlequin Presents (first published October 1999)

To ask other readers questions about The Revenge Affair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Revenge Affair

willaful
Sep 09, 2013 willaful rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cant-marry-you
Too many plots, and I didn't really like any of them. The hero and heroine meet in a pretty unsavory way -- prettied up prostitution basically -- and when he's later painted as this very noble, honorable guy, I just wasn't buying it. Maybe she should have gone for his genius son instead. ;-)
Leona
May 07, 2012 Leona rated it it was ok
Shelves: hqn-presents
It was an okay read, but I don't view this as one of the better books written by this author.

1) The pacing is cumbersome. The initial meeting takes up way too much content and I found myself bored with it and actually flipping ahead to get past the first meeting.

2) I didn't particularly care for the way the hero acts with the heroine once they meet up again. He is just rude, arrogant and sometimes demeaning.

3) I particularly didn't like that he jumped to some seriously wrong conclusions accusin
Cecilia
Sep 22, 2011 Cecilia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More of a 3.5, I think. The characters were engaging, though the heroine was a bit more martyr to her late husband than I would have really liked. It wasn't unforgivable, because the reason given (in terms of the way the hero came to understand her motives for a certain action)made some sense and seemed significant enough. What really kind of presented a bit of a fly in the ointment were two things - one was a comment given at the end by the hero during the happy ending: (view spoiler) ...more
3meg
Apr 16, 2012 3meg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it! This book has an very original plot line that just makes you laugh out loud sometimes. The build-up is nice and while you always have the misunderstanding drama, it doesn't get in the way of a really cute story.
Tia
Apr 30, 2012 Tia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Hero and heroine have met before, in a one night stand. When they meet again, the hero is engaged to someone else and the heroine is in shock. She is widowed and her husband was a slimeball! She has been trying to right his wrong but when she is caught doing so, the hero doesn't know the full story, just hurts her and throws her out. This time it will be him who come crawling back.

The story was weak to me, I didn't like it a lot but there were some parts that I enjoyed. It's just okay to me. The
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
Vanessia Dawson
Vanessia Dawson marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Lea Baker
Lea Baker rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2016
Mochinoki
Mochinoki marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2015
Mona
Mona marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2015
Bam Harlequin-Junkie
Bam Harlequin-Junkie marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2015
Kay
Kay rated it it was ok
Oct 12, 2015
TaniLu
TaniLu marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2015
Barb
Barb added it
Sep 09, 2015
Samde
Samde rated it it was ok
Sep 06, 2015
Missy
Missy rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2015
Dina Hicks machado
Dina Hicks machado marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2015
Tina Burke
Tina Burke rated it it was ok
Aug 30, 2015
Paula
Paula added it
Aug 07, 2015
Sandie Tallen
Sandie Tallen is currently reading it
Jul 26, 2015
Eve
Eve rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2015
Bose Omotosho-Fagboyegun
Bose Omotosho-Fagboyegun rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2015
As
As marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2015
FeliciaKarenB
FeliciaKarenB rated it did not like it
Jun 27, 2015
Spitz
Spitz added it
Jun 11, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Perhaps being born on Valentine’s Day was an omen that Susan Napier would become a romance writer. This New Zealand author has written over 30 Mills & Boon category romances since 1984. Napier and her husband Tony Potter met when they both worked at the Auckland Star newspaper. After they married, she left the newspaper to work for a film company where she learned the art of dialogue. After th ...more
More about Susan Napier...