Start by marking “Ely Plot (The Wickit Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ely Plot (The Wickit Chronicles, #1)

Ely Plot (Wickit Chronicles #1)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  64 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Pip lives in a medieval abbey, surrounded by monks and miles of swamp — pretty boring. Until he meets Perfect, a small stone gargoyle, and the two find themselves in the middle of an assassination attempt against the king, and being chased across the fens by a man bent on killing them. Boring? Not any more.
Published April 24th 2007 by Andersen Press

To ask other readers questions about Ely Plot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ely Plot

Kristel
Pip, saved from death by Fen fever as an orphan infant by the brothers at Wickit monastery, has lived with them ever since. His story set in the Middle Ages, Pip lives in the British kingdon and loves to sing at services, being possessed of a clear, high voice. He also likes to avoid the nagging of Prior Benet. One day, when escaping the Prior’s clutches, Pip discovers a creature in the tower of the monastery. A living, breathing gargoyle, Perfect quickly befriends Pip. Soon, they travel to Ely...more
Carol
Amber (10) and I read this aloud together, and I have to say it’s one of my favorite middle school books I’ve read recently. It’s a great mix of historical fiction and fantasy, but what sets it apart is the medieval background.

Honestly, I don’t remember reading many books with Amber that are set in medieval times, let alone a monastery in the fens. I appreciated how the author taught about the time period without diminishing the fun of the story. And no knights to be seen, mostly monks and “regu...more
Jacqui Ainsworth
This is a great choice for historical fiction/fantasy. Fantasy to keep the reader interested yet historical enough to actually learn something. I enjoyed it as an adult but could really see it being great for 4-5th graders, or a great choice for older kids with lower reading abilities. I especially liked the question/answer in the bank of the book, it shed some more light on the historical aspects in a humorous way.

The story is about a boy raised in a monastery who discovers a plot to kill the y...more
Linda Ash
I found the first three books in this series, The Wickit Chronicles, at a garage sale. I loved the covers and they looked promising. I wasn't disappointed. These are wonderful books for young readers. They have illustrations of the main characters, each with an explanation of who they are, at the front of the books. The stories are engaging, with a touch of adventure, and I would thoroughly recommend these chapter books to eager, young readers. They'll come away with a touch of knowledge about m...more
Quite enjoyed this little story. Bought the whole series based on the first book, so here's hoping it continues to entertain. FULL DISCLOSURE: I am an Independent Consultant for Usborne Books & More, which now carries Kane Miller Books, including these. But I spent my own money on this series when I only really needed the first book for my business purposes. I think that counts for something of a good review! :)
Gena Lott
This is a well-written first book in the Wicket series. The story is about Pip who is an orphan being raised by Monks in medieval times. His friend, Perfect, is a stone dragon gargoyle come to life.
It is a short, easy read with plenty of adventure and fun characters. I am just not certain that the setting is one that will engage today's children.
3rd grade and up.
Brandy
I really enjoyed this book. It is an easy read for the 10-11 year old set. I have read some reviews that abhorred the idea of an evil arch bishop, but there has to be a villain and henchmen and good guys to tell this kind of story. It has some adventure and a bit of magic but it isn't too scary for the younger ones.
Brittney
In this book, Pip lives in a medieval abbey, surrounded by monks and miles of swamp. It's an adventurous book for young readers. It's an easy read. I would use this book as a book to have in the classroom library for any student to read.
Cassie
I pre-read this for my second-grader. He is currently reading it and really likes it. I love that it has rich vocabulary. It has really gotten his mind working!
Vicki
Loved this little book about a young orphan being raised at a monastery with a pet gargoyle/dragon who becomes embroiled in a plot to assassinate the king.
this book looked cooler than it was. I did really like the main character Pip and how humble he was. won't be reading any more of these
Tracie
May 28, 2009 Tracie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: elem
Historical fiction/fantasy about a young boy who discovers, with the help of his trusty gargoyle, a plot to kill the young king.
Katie Kerns

Slow start but stick with it because the adventure is worth it.
Hermioniem
Plain horrible. The medieval/fantasy theme is poorly represented.
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Aja Shoup
Aja Shoup marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
*Queen Diva*
*Queen Diva* marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Bethany Lord
Bethany Lord marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Julia Nowels
Julia Nowels marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2014
Mightyguy
Mightyguy marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Questors Fen Gold (The Wickit Chronicles, #2) Ice Road (The Wickit Chronicles, #3) The Seventh Tide Witch Bell (The Wickit Chronicles, #3)