Start by marking “Back on Blossom Street” as Want to Read:
Back on Blossom Street

Back on Blossom Street (Blossom Street #4)

4.14  ·  Rating Details ·  12,875 Ratings  ·  664 Reviews
The Barnes & Noble Review
Without dropping a stitch, Debbie Macomber extends her Blossom Street series with this third heartwarming entry, set around a class at A Good Yarn, where a small group of women also work through critical turning points in their lives. The class specializes in prayer shawls (patterns and instruction included), which are designed to give emotiona
Published May 1st 2010 by Mira Books (first published April 24th 2007)

Apr 23, 2008 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have only ever read Debbie Macomber's Blossom Street series, but her ability to draw you in and make you feel like you're really experiencing the events firsthand is uncanny. After reading all three stories set in the yarn shop "A Good Yarn", I wanted to rush off to Seattle and meet Lydia myself and be able to sit in her shop near the sunny window where the cat naps and just knit contentedly with an old friend, as I'm sure Lydia and I would be. I've never read any knitting fiction that was mor ...more
Darlene
Feb 21, 2017 Darlene rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
She writes so great books. I really felt with everybody in the book, laughed, cried, was happy and sad.

This is book 3 of the series.

Susannahs Garden is a new shop on Blossom Street as we learn in this book.
Loralee
Apr 25, 2009 Loralee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Barbara, Carol, and Karen
Shelves: fiction, chick-lit
A few years ago I read my first Debbie Macomber book which was The Shop on Blossom Street. When I was browsing the library shelves, I noticed this book and memories of a sweet story drifted back. I picked it up, not realizing until later that A Good Yarn was actually the next book in the series. It didn't matter. I soon caught up with "old friends" and met new ones.

Lydia Goetz is the happily married owner of A Good Yarn knitting shop. She enjoys teaching knitting classes and this is where many o
Drebbles
Apr 23, 2010 Drebbles rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008
Ever since she opened her yarn shop, Lydia Goetz has held knitting classes there. This time around three people are taking her class on knitting a prayer shawl: Alix Townsend, Susannah Nelson, and Colette Blake. Both Alix and Colette hope the class will help take their mind off of things - Alix is trying to keep her marriage plans under control and Colette is dealing with the loss of her husband and the consequences of a brief affair with her (ex) boss. Lydia has her own worries - her niece Juli ...more
Kate
May 22, 2007 Kate rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
This is the third* in Macomber's series about a yarn store in an idyllic place called Blossom St. I actually liked it better than the second. Each book rotates in perspective between Lydia, the shop owner, and a few of the students in her current knitting class. (The pattern being used in the class is included, too. I knit the baby blanket from the first book; it was quite nice, if a bit boring.) Each woman is generally facing some sort of family or life crisis, and knitting brings them together ...more
AimeeWrites
Apr 23, 2008 AimeeWrites rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was excited to see this next installment in Debbie Macomber's series about the shops lining a small street in Seattle. The first was a grab off the library shelf - fate! I've followed along with the series greedily.

Although their writing styles and subject matter are completely different, I can't help but compare one aspect of Debbie Macomber's writing with that of Nora Roberts. They both write about incredibly strong women. That's the main draw for me in this excellent series.

In this installm
Esra
Feb 05, 2017 Esra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Serideki kitaplar gitgide daha heyecanlı, daha okunası oluyor sanki :)
Sıradaki kitapta da kitapçımız Anne Marie var sanırım ...
Glenda L
Feb 28, 2013 Glenda L rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I need a relaxin read I always turn to Debbie Macomber. Her books are full of love and friendship. This one takes place on Blossom Street at the Knit shop, Flower shop and the French Cafe. Debbie is a great story teller. This book is about four women who find happiness with their growing friendship... a truly delightful book.
Skaistė
Feb 20, 2016 Skaistė rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ši, kaip ir kitos šios serijos knygos, puiki, tokia įtraukianti, miela. Tikras malonumas skaityti ir paėmus sunku atsitraukti. Tik nelabai suprantu, kodėl po išleistos pirmos ir antros serijos knygos išleidžiama ne trečia, o ketvirta. Gal sulauksim ir trečios greitu laiku? Būtų smagu, jei taip.
Jo
Sep 02, 2007 Jo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: romance, wa-state
Same wonderful Blossom St. with a little 007 feel.
Rod
Jan 19, 2017 Rod rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This was a cool collection of stories about Blossom Street and its Yarn store.

Here we get a bit of international intrigue: Colette (her husband dies a year earlier) and she is confused about loving her Boss - who appears to be involved in human smuggling issues in China. This turns out awesome.

Margaret's daughter Julia gets her car-jacked. Nasty ordeal for the whole family.

Alix and Jordan are trying to prepare a wedding. What could be more insane?

And we also have the beginnings of Lydia and Br
Tanya
Sep 14, 2014 Tanya rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
For real? This book is so sappy, saccharine, whimpy, preachy, out of touch, and oh by the way Debbie... The INS went away well before you wrote this book, you would maybe like to do a little research into Homeland Security and ICE. This book rode the fine line between being so stupid it drove me crazy... And too stupid to read any further. I don't recall it reaching the point of utter ridiculousness that I started yelling at the book (which I've been known to do - judge me as you will), but it s ...more
Heather
I liked this book but was hoping to like it more. I loved the characters and the story lines of their lives, but it seemed the author repeated facts from the first books way too often. I understand the need to do some of that for clarification since someone might pick this up as a first book in the series, but I found it was way overdone. I even questioned the editors and thought they should've caught it too.

Also, I listened to this as an audiobook and hate to be critical, but the voice over art
Nicole Galbraith
This book is told from the prospective of three women. Lydia Goetz is the owner of A Good Yarn who connects all the characters through her knitting class. Lydia is a cancer survivor who has found peace and happiness, despite a family tragedy involving her niece and the failing health of her mother. Alix Townsend has overcome her checkered past to get engaged to a pastor. But, the wedding planning is overwhelming her. Colette Blake is a widow with a secret. All three women are endearing, relatabl ...more
Gail
Aug 28, 2008 Gail rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The knitting shop owner is happy, her cancer's in remission, so she can worry about her friends more. This book is a bunch of interwoven stories about the friends. One of them is having wedding issues--she and the fiance want a small wedding, but his mom and her motherly friend have gone beserk. The knit shop owner's sister goes kind of beserk when her daughter (the niece) is the victim of a carjacking. The story of the pregnant widow with issues is probably the weakest of the three--she got the ...more
Carolyn Anderson
Sep 22, 2010 Carolyn Anderson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like Debbie Macomber. She talks about issues that are a part of my every day life - aging mothers in Assisted Living, Alzheimers, the death of old people, unplanned pregnancies, dealing ith Cancer, hobbies to keep your mind off of things you can't do anything about, the power of girlfriends, the value of religion in your life, and personalities - and how they affect the people they interact with.

This was an uplifting story - with plenty of personal challenges to be overcome. Debbie helped me
Peri Kitapları
Aug 07, 2015 Peri Kitapları rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Evet kitabın edebi bir değeri yok, ama gönül değeri var!
Bu kitapta, bu seride umut var, sevgi var, affetme var!
Küllerinden yeniden doğan kadınlar var...
Hayatta her zaman bir çıkış yolu bulmanın mümkün olduğunu gösteren hikayeler var.
Evet... Affetmek özellikle affetmek!
Biz ki bir bahane olsa da, -bu kişiyle görüşmeyi kessem- diyen insanlarız. Alınganlık yapıp, yıllık dostlukları bitiren insanlarız...
Kim bilir belki de bazen, edebi, metaforlu, anlaşılmazı zor olan kitapların yanında böyle kitapla
Claire Moss
May 18, 2016 Claire Moss rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another heartwarming book from this author. I couldn't put it down, I love all the characters and for most part not too predictable! I find these books so easy and relaxing to read, takes my mind off life :) on to the next one!
Mary
Nov 01, 2008 Mary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always get caught up in Debbie Macomber books. Feel like I know the characters personally. I want to take a knitting class on Blossom Street.
Leigh
Oh God. I thought some gentle fiction would be good for me, but really, this book is silly, fluffy nonsense. I feel like I coated my brain in taffy and molasses. Yuck.
Dee
May 17, 2014 Dee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two-haiku review:

Some familiar friends
Plus new, each with own problems
They're knitting prayer shawls

Comforting story
Like being wrapped in prayer shawl
Very nice series
Heather Chandler
I finished! Once again I was not at all disapointed with the Blossome Street series! I loved the book and can't wait to read Twenty Wishes which is the next one!
Ellenjsmellen
I'm reading this one, but might put it on the backburner since I didn't know it was a series. I might need to go back and read Blossom Street and a Good Yarn too.
Gail
Mar 25, 2011 Gail rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's been a while since I've read a book in the Blossom Street series and I enjoy Macomber's contemporary fiction! I'll try not to wait so long to get the next one. :)
Debbie
Oct 05, 2014 Debbie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoy DM and her series. I get so into the characters and I'm glad we don't have to leave them after just a few hundred pages. I always like to reconnect with their lives in the next book.
Anita
Jul 14, 2015 Anita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really cute book and looking forward to trying out he knitting patterns.
Carol
Feb 16, 2011 Carol rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As always, Macomber comes through with a good, quick read. I like her characters who continue from one day to another.
Gulen
May 09, 2014 Gulen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Colette dışında bir hikaye beni sarmadı, onun da sonunu çok telaşla bağlamış gibi. Bazı noktalar saçma geldi
LunainCaelum
Bu serinin dört kitabının yorumunu ortak yapacağım. Zaten o kadar beğendiğim bir seri de değildi. A101'e gelmişti 4 kitabı. Hem de 5 liraydı sadece! Benim de okuyacak kitabım yoktu, aldım öylesine. Çerez kitaplardı hepsi. Okunması o kadar da gerekli değildi bence. Şirinlerdi aslında ve kitapları okuduktan sonra bir süre örgüye merak saldığımı hatırlıyorum ama öylesineydi işte. Aslında kitaplar gerçekten okumamı sağlayan Alix ve Jordan ikilisiydi. Hatta kitaplarda ilk önce aralardaki sayfaları at ...more
Kitaplarikonusturankadin
Türkiye de hemen hemen her kitapçı da karşınıza çıkan Debbie Macomber’in seri kitaplarını biraz irdeleyelim. Basit dili, akıcı anlatımı, sürprizlerle ve mucizelerle dolu hikayeleri ile kadınların ilgisini çeken ve okuyucu kitlesinin çoğunluğu kadınlar oluşan yazarın tüm kitapları en çok satılanlar listesinde sık sık görmeniz muhtemeldir.

Bu tüm seriyi film şeridi gibi gözümün önünden geçirdiğim de söyleyebileceğim ilk şey,
COPY PASTE DEBBİE!

Tüm seri de aşk, entrika, mucize, hastalık, umut, örgü,
  • The Quilter's Homecoming (Elm Creek Quilts, #10)
  • Welcome to Serenity (The Sweet Magnolias #4)
  • A Killer Stitch (A Knitting Mystery, #4)
  • Dockside (Lakeshore Chronicles, #3)
  • Knitting
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 990 weeks on the New York Times ...more
More about Debbie Macomber...

Blossom Street (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 )
  • A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2)
  • Susannah's Garden (Blossom Street, #3)
  • Christmas Letters
  • Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5)
  • Summer on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #6)
  • Hannah's List (Blossom Street, #7)
  • A Turn in the Road (Blossom Street, #8)
  • Starting Now (Blossom Street, #9)
  • Blossom Street Brides (Blossom Street #10)

“the grass wasn’t greener on the other side of the fence; it was greener where it was watered.” 2 likes
“John F. Kennedy is reported to have said that we can forgive our enemies but we shouldn’t forget their names.” 1 likes