Start by marking “Hope for the Separated: Wounded Marriages Can Be Healed” as Want to Read:
Hope for the Separated: Wounded Marriages Can Be Healed

Hope for the Separated: Wounded Marriages Can Be Healed

4.02  ·  Rating Details  ·  120 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
A realistic and compassionate look at the problems and perspectives of separated couples, challenging them to explore reconciliation (more than 100,000 in print).
Published January 1st 2005 by Moody Publishers (first published January 1st 1982)

To ask other readers questions about Hope for the Separated, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hope for the Separated

Polly Watson
As one who has recently decided to separate from her husband, I found this book to be well worth the read. There are a few things in the book that upset me enough to send me into a depression, though. for a book that's supposed to be about HOPE, it's odd that I spiraled into depression rather than felt uplifted.

I spoke with my counselor regarding some of the things that upset me and she said that I have to weed out what's worth reading from what IS in a book like this. An author like Gary Chapm
Michael Mack
I read this and several other books on the topic in the midst of separation from my wife, a time that felt hopeless. This was the most helpful for me; it kept me heading down the right path even when I didn't feel like it. Another reviewer commented that this book helped her fall into depression; I can see how that could happen, because Chapman doesn't hold back from speaking truth to those in this painful situation. That truth can cause even more pain. But I believe Chapman has spoken the truth ...more
Stephanie
Nov 02, 2014 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The exercises presented in this book present the reader with an excellent self-examination. If you are thinking of separated or are in a separation, this book is a must read. You are only accountable for your decisions and your actions. You cannot control your spouse's behavior. Use this book as a guide to navigate. This difficult season with God's grace.
Briana Ford
A step-by-step process of coping with separation, as well as what to do when that time comes and if it doesn't come. Great advice and good assignments.
Gina
Aug 10, 2014 Gina rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
It is a book written from the biblic perspective. It answers to the question "What should I do, being a christian (in case of separation from husband/wife)"?. The book gives also some good advice, from psichological point of view, but it is excesively religious.
Brenda
Jan 30, 2015 Brenda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-it
Anna
Sep 02, 2011 Anna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
My husband and I have been separated for about a month, and this book was extremely helpful in figuring out what to do from here.
Kim Voss
Sep 09, 2007 Kim Voss rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For those who have a difficult time with hope, this book leaves you feeling hopeful, even when your marriage crumbles.
Dolly
May 08, 2009 Dolly rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
His other books are better.
Kristina
Kristina marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
Elena Addams
Elena Addams rated it liked it
Todd
Todd rated it it was amazing
Todd
Todd rated it it was amazing
Max Debbas
Max Debbas rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2016
Magdalene
Magdalene marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Dylan
Dylan rated it it was ok
Jul 11, 2016
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
June
June rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2016
Sherri Steffens
Sherri Steffens rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2016
April Romero
April Romero rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2016
Joshua Cornejo
Joshua Cornejo rated it really liked it
May 23, 2016
courtney brown
courtney brown marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Krystal Taylor
Krystal Taylor marked it as to-read
May 11, 2016
Kalila
Kalila marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
Ginnger212
Ginnger212 marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
Catherine Laudet
Catherine Laudet marked it as to-read
Kate
Kate rated it it was amazing
Trevor Langford
Trevor Langford marked it as to-read
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Jerusalem Countdown, Revised and Updated: A Prelude To War
  • Death And The Life After
  • Prodigals and Those Who Love Them
  • Language Shock: Understanding The Culture Of Conversation
  • ScreamFree Marriage: Calming Down, Growing Up, and Getting Closer
  • Emotions: Can You Trust Them?
  • Pitch Like a Girl: Get Respect, Get Noticed, Get What You Want
  • Growing Deep in the Christian Life
  • The Power of Prayer™ to Change Your Marriage
  • Learning From Strangers: The Art and Method of Qualitative Interview Studies
  • A Marriage Without Regrets: No matter where you are or where you've been, you can have…
  • Choosing Forgiveness: Your Journey to Freedom
  • He Said, She Said (Exploring the Different Ways Men and Women Communicate)
  • Fit to Be Tied: Making Marriage Last a Lifetime
  • For Better or for Best: A Valuable Guide to Knowing, Understanding, and Loving Your Husband
  • Healing Is a Choice: 10 Decisions That Will Transform Your Life and 10 Lies That Can Prevent You from Making Them
  • Why Kids Lie: How Parents Can Encourage Truthfulness
  • Make Yourself Unforgettable: The Dale Carnegie Class-Act System
Gary Chapman has traveled extensively around the world challenging couples to pursue healthy, growing marriages. His first book, Toward a Growing Marriage (Moody, 1979, 1996), began as an informal resource he gave to couples with whom he was counseling. Once officially published, this book became a blessing to thousands of people and helped launch Gary’s popular “Toward a Growing Marriage” seminar ...more
More about Gary Chapman...