Start by marking “The Littlest Dinosaur” as Want to Read:
The Littlest Dinosaur

The Littlest Dinosaur

Mother dinosaur is proud of her new baby, even though she is the littlest dinosaur anyone has ever seen. The littlest dinosaur can't play with her older brothers and sisters for fear of getting stepped on, and she can't venture near the mud flats for fear of falling in. The only thing she can do is sit high up on a hill—until one day, when she sees another dinosaur on anot ...more
Published April 29th 2008 by Walker Childrens

To ask other readers questions about The Littlest Dinosaur, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Littlest Dinosaur

Mar 05, 2015 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Mother dinosaur is proud of her new baby, even though he is littlest dinosaur anyone has ever seen.
The littlest dinosaur can't play with his older brothers and sisters for fear of getting stepped on,
and he can't venture near the mud flats for fear of falling in."

Sometimes we feel inappropriate or unworthy because of the way we look both to ourselves and to others around us. The Littlest Dinosaur uncovers that myth when he finds out someone could use his help. When he offers his help...he makes
Bethany
Jul 11, 2008 Bethany rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-book
I'm constantly looking for dinosaur books. Always, I'm being asked for dinosaur books, mostly by little boys, or mothers of little boys. This is a book about the liiiittlest dinosaur ever. He's so small that no matter how much food his mama feeds him, he still won't grow. He can't play with his brothers for fear of being stepped on. He's beginning to think that he can't do anything at all.

But then, his whole family, one after another, gets stuck in some deep, sticky mud in the river--and the tid
Lisa Carroll
May 09, 2011 Lisa Carroll rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a charming little book that dealt with the topic of friendship, family, self-esteem and a sense of belonging. What first made me buy the book however, was that it included my son's favorite thing...dinosaurs! I love the soft colors that were used and the quiet flow to the story. You sense what the youngest and smallest dinosaur was feeling and when that little dinosuar met the biggest dinosaur, you knew that even though they looked so different, they were much the same on the inside. Th ...more
Sarah Adamson
This is an interesting dinosaur book. It tells a moral story about size not always being important as the littlest dinosaur saves the day - but he does it by seeking help from the biggest dinosaur so the moral doesn't follow completely through! I did enjoy it but did not like the daddy Dino shouting at the egg. I would prefer a true to life factual book where the littlest dinosaur is completely ostracized or killed or a fun happy story where yes there is some teasing about size but it's from his ...more
Rebecca
Feb 06, 2011 Rebecca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is always a fun book to read. The littlest dinosaur is a size of a penny and everyone in his community makes fun of the littlest dinosaur, but at the end he becomes bigger than his size by saving his whole family. This book will be great for discussing what each of the students can become if they put their mind into it. What they can achieve in their life is not determine by their size, so the teacher can also discuss what bullying is and the effects of it. I would share a writing topi ...more
Lucero Hernandez
A little dinosaur feels left out when the other dinosaurs pick on him for being smaller than the others. It is not surprising to find that this little dinosaur ends up being the big hero in the end. This book could help inspire students to do big things. It would also discourage bullying among the students and to help them accept and encourage each other.
Alida
Jul 25, 2012 Alida rated it really liked it
Ever felt out of place because you're too tall or too clumsy or too little or too something? This is the perfect book to show you that sometimes that which makes you feel self-conscious is precisely what will save the day.
Liza Gilbert
Aug 01, 2009 Liza Gilbert rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
An entirely too cute and sweet story about cuddly dinosaurs (?). The littlest dinosaur, by virtue of his size, manages to save the other big dinosaurs who are stuck in the mud (transparent allegory, anyone?). I could not get past the image of cute and cuddly dinosaurs frolicking together. Gag.
Melissa Dwyer
Aug 04, 2015 Melissa Dwyer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally rated G+ by Margarita Bouzos
The Littlest Dinosaur teaches us that courage comes in all sizes. It illustrates how important it is to believe in oneself, even when the odds seem greater. This is a feel-good story that you and your students will enjoy.
Diana Pettis
Sep 22, 2012 Diana Pettis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book to my son Xander today and he really enjoyed it. The book was about being a hero. The littlest dinosaur needs to help his family in their time of need and finds an unlikely friend along the way.

Grade Level 3.7
No guided reading to be found
Themes: Bravery, being a hero

Jul 19, 2009 Sarah rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
variation of Rudolph the red nosed reindeer...littlest dinosaur is not able to function in a world of bigger dinosaurs but is able to save the day because of his size...the twist is that he helps the biggest dinosaur find his usefulness in the process.
Samantha
May 31, 2010 Samantha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very cute picture book about how the little guy can save the day by working together with the big out cast.
Erica Eyestone
Really good message about how size doesn't matter. You can accomplish great things even if you're little.
Rachel
Cute story about a tiny dinosaur that proves to himself that he is worthy and can do anything he puts his mind to, despite his size. Love the illustrations.
jacky
Had a high recommendation from an acquaintance, but it didn't do it for me or William. Read it the once and he never asked for it again.
Dawn
Apr 30, 2010 Dawn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
This is a story about a very tiny dinosaur who learns that his small size can sometimes be an advantage. Too long for storytime though.
Paula
The last one to hatch and the smallest of his family, the littlest dinosaur thinks he is not good for anything
Allison
A little dinosaur is born to a loving mother and father who doesn't appreciate him. Little dinsaur feels sad until he ends up saving everyone. Cliche, but pretty pictures, at least.
Elizabeth S
Apr 22, 2011 Elizabeth S rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: f-picture
This should be rated higher by me, but this is YASAACD (Yet Another Story About A Cute Dinosaur), and YASALAS (Yet Another Story About Learning About Size). Sigh.
Lissie Moore
This was not my favorite book, altough it would be a good book for younger grades because it deals with friendship and family and self-esteem.
Molly
I love it when the little guy finds his way. Cute illustrations and a fun new dinosaur story for dino fans to enjoy! ages 3+
Nicole
Nicole rated it liked it
Nov 21, 2014
Elaine Ngan
Elaine Ngan rated it it was ok
Feb 09, 2010
Beverly
Beverly rated it liked it
Dec 07, 2014
Chelsea
Chelsea rated it liked it
Feb 05, 2014
Rose
Rose rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2016
Joe Eyres
Joe Eyres rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2016
Krista
Krista rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2008
Riley
Riley rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2013
Our Children
Our Children rated it it was ok
Jul 29, 2014
  • Hattie and the Fox
  • The Wildest Brother
  • A Place to Call Home
  • The Biggest House in the World
Michael has worked on magazines, book jackets, animated films, TV adverts, and even for the police, sketching criminals described by witnesses. As well as illustrating many of his own books, Michael has illustrated over a hundred books for authors such as Shakespeare, J. M. Barrie, the Brothers Grimm, Charles Dickens and Oscar Wilde. Michael has travelled widely - to Africa, Japan, the Arctic Circ ...more
More about Michael Foreman...