Start by marking “Christmas with the Duchess” as Want to Read:
Christmas with the Duchess

Christmas with the Duchess

2.52  ·  Rating Details  ·  58 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Nicholas St. Austell's Christmas Wish List

-An invitation to a holiday house party
-A shiny gold pocket watch
-An introduction to Emma, the Duchess of Warwick
-Roasted chestnuts
-A dance with Emma
-A new pair of Hessians
-A kiss from Emma under the mistletoe
-Christmas with the Duchess...

Published October 1st 2010 by Zebra (first published September 30th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Christmas with the Duchess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas with the Duchess

Isalys
Feb 01, 2011 Isalys rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
*Received, read and reviewed for "The Season for Romance".

Emma Fitroy, Duchess of Warwick is staying at Warwick Palace for the Christmas holiday where she hopes to be reunited with her two young sons who were taken away after her husband’s death. As family begins to arrive, she meets Nicholas St. Austell, the newly appointed Lord Camford. Ten years her junior, Emma certainly has no intentions of getting romantically involved with Nicholas.

Nicholas just recently came into the earldom after havin
Katherine 黄爱芬
Buku ini mengecewakan kalau dari tokoh karakter hero dan heroine nya... dimana hero nya jatuh cinta teramat dalam sebagai pemuda hijau yang pikiran dan otaknya serendah rumput dan heroine nya adalah janda berpengalaman dalam hal skandal.

Yang menghibur cuma tokoh Colin Grey, saudara sang duchess yang homoseksual tetapi narsis... gw gak tahan ngakak baca komentar-komentar dan penyangkalan dari Colin.
Krista
Dec 22, 2015 Krista rated it it was ok
I wanted to like this one more than I did. Unfortunately, the main characters didn't really appeal. The saving grace, though, was found in the quirky secondary characters-they kept me reading. I liked the interplay between the heroine's twin brother and their spunky spinster aunt.
Gemma
I have no idea why I finished this. It was like a train wreck, I suppose. I couldn't look away. It was not romantic and not Christmassy. The characters all drove me nuts. Two stars only because I did manage to finish it. Glad I got it for only 50 cents.
Blue Falcon
Jul 29, 2016 Blue Falcon rated it did not like it
Shelves: tbr-master-list
A Romance?

OMG! That is what I first thought about this book. This may be the worst romance ever! For starters, it is not terribly romantic. But that is only the beginning.

The particulars: The book is about Emma Grey Fitzroy, Duchess of Warwick, her gay twin brother, his lover, their unspeakably mean Aunts and Uncle, and their other relatives, all of whom are highly unlikable. Even the "Hero" of the book, Nicholas St. Austell, the Earl of Camford, is unlikeable. He is young-20 at the time of the
Amy
May 12, 2014 Amy rated it it was amazing
What is it they say? The path to true love is a rocky one? That is definitely the case here! I do have to say that this is one of the best romances that I have read this year!

Nicholas (a career navy man) has recently become the 4th Earl of Camford. He is green grass. Usually, it is the female protagonist who is unsure in the world of nobility. Not here! It is interesting to watch the interactions between Nicholas and Emma, the Duchess of Warwick. And the supporting cast of characters are a riot!
Tuhe Rofiah
Jul 31, 2016 Tuhe Rofiah rated it did not like it
I have no idea why I finished this. All the characters made me nuts. -_-
Eileen
Sep 12, 2011 Eileen rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance
Looks like we have a winner in the "replacing The Snow Queen as the worst book Eileen has ever read" contest!
Oct 17, 2012 Sarah rated it did not like it
Marked as finished, because I didn't make it to reading the 3rd chapter.
Dina
Jan 03, 2014 Dina rated it did not like it
Wish I could give it zero stars because it is the dumbest historical romance I ever read. Liked the cover art though. The characters were unlikable or ignorant and despicable to family, friend and foe. Only finished it because I couldn't believe how it got more ridiculous with each chapter. Couldn't root for the main couple either and the love scenes were horrible. Characters constantly discuss sex but no one has a romantic love scene. Will never read anything by this author again. I will stick ...more
Green25
May 26, 2014 Green25 rated it it was amazing
menurut saya buku ini memiliki cerita yang unik dan tentu saja lucu.
dan, saya sangat menyukai tokoh Colin dengan dialog-dialog lucunya yang sanggup membuat saya tertawa dan dialog putra sulung Emma yang sungguh luar biasa kikirnya.
Frances
Dec 09, 2015 Frances rated it it was ok
I honestly do not know how to rate this book, it is somewhere between one star for being totally a farce and 4 stars because it reminded me of the kitchen sink running away with the toilet.
Gina
May 23, 2015 Gina rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Boringgggg
Jay
Dec 11, 2011 Jay rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks
I'm not sure I would classify this as a romance, as in a focus on two people falling in love, but it was a lot of fun. The house party each year with such scheming and conniving people...I'd love to see this made into a movie! I know Lejeune is a midlist author at best, but I think her books are really underrated. Her covers and book blurbs don't really let a reader know what to expect from her: screwball comedies. I for one am really glad I found her and i hope she continues writing for a reall ...more
Rhonda Jones
Oct 11, 2011 Rhonda Jones rated it it was ok
I started reading this book. It started slow and was getting interesting until, the hero Nicholas started talking. First, I think he's too young been in the Navy since 9 and don't know nothing. The Duchess is worldly and sophicated and the mother of 2 sons. Why would she fall for him. I couldn't take his talking, and he kept saying he was ignorant. Didn't like it I couldn't get pass Chapter 3
Timea Peto
Oct 23, 2011 Timea Peto rated it did not like it
I bought this book last year to get me in the "holiday mood" spiked with a little romance, but sadly I was disappointed. I thought that the main characters were unrealistic, which took away the pleasure of an otherwise nicely written book.
Gevera Bert
Sep 29, 2013 Gevera Bert rated it liked it
This book was hysterical but I'm not sure that it was funny on purpose. The characters were all so horrible and unlikeable and did such stupid things, that the author had to have had a satire in mind. Right?
Joy
Nov 17, 2010 Joy rated it it was ok
This book was ... different. A sort of bedroom farce, set over three Christmases, without the saving grace of being uproariously funny. Mildly amusing, in spaces.
melissa marchant
melissa marchant marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
Elismokodompit
Elismokodompit marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2016
Fabiana Alvarez
Fabiana Alvarez marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
Amy
Amy rated it it was ok
Jul 09, 2016
Nikki
Nikki marked it as to-read
May 27, 2016
Amanda
Amanda added it
May 20, 2016
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2016
Bonne
Bonne rated it liked it
Mar 11, 2016
Chetan Shet
Chetan Shet rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2016
Alice
Alice added it
Jan 18, 2016
Kelly Wagner
Kelly Wagner rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2016
Kathy Greene
Kathy Greene rated it did not like it
Dec 26, 2015