Start by marking “Wanted! (Sons of Chance, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wanted! (Sons of Chance, #1)

Wanted! (Sons of Chance #1)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  773 ratings  ·  67 reviews
Photographer Dominique Jeffries has come to Wyoming to find herself -- her creative self, her sexual self. After escaping the engagement from hell, she's dying to break loose and live a little. And seducing a shirtless, sweaty cowhand looks like just the place to start.

Paperback, Harlequin Blaze #544, 218 pages
Published June 1st 2010 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Wanted!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wanted!

Cowgirl Up and Ride by Lorelei JamesLong Hard Ride by Lorelei JamesRough, Raw, and Ready by Lorelei JamesShoulda Been a Cowboy by Lorelei JamesTied Up, Tied Down by Lorelei James
Best Cowboy/Western Romance
39th out of 348 books — 167 voters
Anything for You by Sarah MayberryBody Check by Elle KennedyCan't Get Enough by Sarah MayberrySlow Hands by Leslie KellySex, Straight Up (Those Sexy O'Sullivans, #2) by Kathleen O'Reilly
Harlequin Blaze
74th out of 206 books — 141 voters

More lists with this book...

KarenH
If you believe in sex..er..love at first sight, then this book is for you.

Actually, if you believe in sex within 5 minutes of first sight and 5 rounds of hot, sweaty sex on second sight and not doing it on a bed until third sight at which time they realize they fell in love at first sight, then this book is for you. ;)
Harlequin Books
"If you are a lover of cowboys, this should be a series for you. This is the first in a trilogy of Chance brothers and the ranch they run. Nick is the ranch's vet. But the day Dominique meets him, he's digging postholes, so she thinks he's a ranch hand, as oppose to the ranch owner. Lets say, it leads to a very interesting, and hot, encounter." From an eHarlequin.com member review, read more HERE.
~E~ Riverina Romantics
3.5 Stars

Wanted! was an enjoyable read - well written with loveable characters.

It's a case on instant attraction. Bare moments after Dominique and Nick meet, she is happily riding his baloney pony. They have no past, are complete strangers, then all of a sudden BAM she jumps on for a ride...and remarkably it isn't sleazy at all. Well I didn't find it that way, but I am far from prudish.

So after the bump and grind they find out Dominique is actually staying at Nicks ranch, giving them the inevi
Karla
3.5 stars.

THE GIRL: Dominique Jeffries, photographer from Indianapolis. She has recently broken up with the staid Herman, who helped her build her business, but she's bored with the wedding and graduation photo routine. She's the type who wants to be impulsive, but knows that it has consequences, so she tries to be impulsive in a real deliberate and cautious way.

THE GUY: Nick Chance, 2nd son in a vast cowboy clan that encompasses all personalities and genetic traits (as is their habit). He's the
Petula Darling
I can't believe I read this book, and if I had seen the cover of it first I'm sure I wouldn't have. Being coverless is both the beauty and the bane of audiobooks.
Wanted! is perfectly adequate for a romance novel, but it's pretty bad by any other standard. I'm not giving it a rating since this book is clearly making no attempt to hide what it is (see the glistening, bare cowboy chest above...and is that a phallic cattle prod he's holding??? wtf?), and it seems kind of unfair to bring down its ave
Lucy Felthouse
Wanted! is the first book of Vicki Lewis Thompson’s Sons of Chance series of novels. It tells the story of Nick Chance, a vet who also part-owns the ranch he works for and on. Officially speaking, his brother is in charge, but Nick is the one who makes sure their precious horses are healthy and cared for. He loves his work, but he’ll also muck in and help around the ranch when necessary.

He’s doing one such non-veterinary task when he catches sight of a woman who’s pointing a camera at him. She’s
Heather
ok after finally getting around to reading this book, I realized one thing.... I believe I've already read it. Now I am just not sure if I have read the others, but I know I haven't read the entire series. DUH! how sad is that, to re-read a book I didn't know I had already read. Whatever did we do before goodreads? Geesh!!!

The book, its a fast, fun read, that pretty much takes you from point A to point B in no time. It's fluff almost at its best. They sleep with each other right at the start, wh
Kathy
Sabrina
This book starts off seriously hot and never lets up. The heat steams up the pages becuase the chemistry between Nick and Dominique rocks. These characters are perfectly matched both in attitude and sexually.

Vicki Lewis Thompson is one of my all-time favorite writers and although this is much different from her Nerd or Hex series, her voice still shines through. It's a wonderfully crafted story full of great characters and you will smile as you read it.

One theme that Vicki seems to use in some
Nicole-Pattypattz1
Donna
When I first started this book I had some doubts as to whether I'd finish it. Not a lot of plot or character development for the first half of the book. Add in lots of casual sex between two characters I'd not yet engaged with and I was reading the book mostly because I like this author. During the last half of the book however, the story improved and I began to enjoy it. Things wrapped up a bit too quickly, but Harlequin books often do.

I'll read another one or two books in this series because
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Nicholas (Nick) Chance cowboy and vet for Last Chance Ranch in Wyoming. Nick doing work that he believes doesn't need done except Jack won't see it that way. Ever since their father's death, Jack has become a different man that doesn't resemble who he used to be. Their brother Gabe is out showing horses on the circuit and not expected home for awhile. Dominique Jefferies is searching for the woman she used to be before Herman dumped her for boss's daughter. She wants to be impulsive and carefree ...more
Alayna Dickerson
Dominique is a photographer who has escaped her life for the Wyoming countryside. She's newly single after an awful engagement, and needs to live life for a little while. In comes Nick. He's masquerading as a cowhand when she meets him, and that suits her needs just fine. A cowhand won't want more than just a roll in the hay after all, right? She can just use him, and then leave.

Unfortunately for her, Nick is actually a veterinarian and has a brain. He doesn't like it that she wants to just use
Robin *loves sexy books*
Loved this! Nick and Dominique were great together. This is one of those sweet stories where you can feel the instant they fall in love. It has some family drama mixed in too. Oh and there is plenty of hot sex too!! Can't wait to start book 2!
Pattianne
WANTED - SONS OF CHANCE #1 - (Nick and Dominique)

Nick Chance isn't exactly a cowhand but, hey, he'll be whatever the lady wants! Only he soon realizes that this is more than just a quick roll in the hay. There's something about Do
Jessica  (My Not So Vacant Shelf)
I think perhaps I’m not 100% percent cut out for the adult romance genre. There are many enjoyable moments but I find that certain aspects of the novel like the story-line tend to suffer to provide the reader with more adult content. Although this one had an interesting twist and concept for a story line there were many things missing, many holes I guess I would say, that stopped me from giving it a five out of five. I’m also not someone who tends to be sold on people falling in love under 48-ho ...more
Terri Pray
First of the Sons of Chance series by Vicki Lewis Thompson, audio book from Audible.

I'd listened to books two and three before I found this one on Audible. But I was able to listen to it out of order without the story being ruined for me.

Dominic, after a recent break up with a long term boy friend, has come to Wyoming for a much needed vacation. The bed and breakfast, however, was full and they bumped her over to a room at the Last Chance Ranch, where a chance encounter with the youngest of th
Erin
I was sent to me free for being a Harlequin Ambassador and I read it today. What I love about a Harlequin book is that they are easy to read, and it only takes me a couple hours to finish one. This one was the same. I enjoyed the characters, even if that cowboy theme has been done a billion times before. So Kudos for making the characters shine. I'm not used to Harlequin Blaze series, I was more of a historical romance reader of theirs, but I've read many romance books outside of Harlequin, and ...more
AJ Best

I've never been happier than I am today that I own a Kindle. If I had read Ms. Thompson's book in print, I fear the pages would have burned as I read them.

It was interesting taking the journey with Dominique as she realizes that she doesn't need her ex-boyfriend's influence on her to be the person she wants to be. Finding Nick Chance in the field on the ranch was the best thing that could have happened to both of them. Nick helped her see who she was and
Rukhsar
first i fell in love with her nerds and now im falling in love with her cowboys. this is certainly a too good to be true story but Thompson always makes them work!
this is the true fantasy.
can't wait to read about some more cowboys.
Janet Buckner
Wow

So excited to have found an established series that is a mix of life and hot steamy love! whew I cannot wait to read the others!
Suzanne
Dominique is a photographer! I love to find characters who take pictures as much as I do! This was an awesome love story.
Nanya
This novel was kind of predictable. It also moved very fast, too fast for any relationship to blossom. Wanted was a good and enjoyable read that did keep me up at night reading but it would have been a lot better if something unpredictable could've happened within the plot. I felt like this book was repeating a plot that has occurred in too many romance novels and it lacked substance and originality. Despite this, I was quite immersed in the book and did have fun reading it. The characters that ...more
Ashley Medbury
Great little story about the west,secrets,and love. Can't wait to read more of this series. 2.5/5stars
Jenifer
First in the Sons of Chance series.

I loved this book, I could hardly stand to put it down. Nick Chance is one those characters that once you meet him you can hardly get him out of your head.

Dominique Jeffries is also a good character, very similar to Nick in many ways. The two of them complete each other and it is obvious to see.

Like most of Vicki Lewis Thompson's other works, this book is filled with humor, honesty, some twists, and hot men. I love both cowboys and the work of Thompson so putti
Jo (My House of Books)
I've never ready Ms. Thompson before, and something about this series called to me (could be the covers, I just don't know). I'm pleased I took the chance -- ha ha!

The connection between Dominique and Nick was real and palatable, an instant lust with a little more behind the scenes. Nick's secret, however, was wrapped up too neatly, though I'm sure some of the residual issues will appear throughout the series. I'm looking forward to getting to know the remaining Chance brothers.
Mem
Dominique and Nick start the Sons of Chance series.
Irene
Wanted! is the first book in the series and it is about Nick, middle brother in the Chance family, who's a veterinarian. He meets a passer-through girl Dominique, who wants nothing more than to have fun without long lasting commitments. But Nick has another point of view and finally he proves his point to be correct ;)

I was the first book by this author I've read and I loved it, very nice and quick read.
Gmc
Wanted! by Vicki Lewis Thompson First of a trilogy.
Dominique Jefferies Is walking on a ranch in Wyoming and sees and cowboy digging post holes with his shirt off, she takes his picture. Nick Chance part owner of the Last Chance Ranch and resident Veterinarian is doing a chore for his brother, and spots a beautiful woman taking is picture so he mugs for the camera. The rest is up to you to read:)
Diah Didi
I love most of Vicky Lewis Thompson's books and through these series, I was hoping something, but somehow I didn't really get along with the story. I mean, Nick' secret didn't thrill me at all. And the relationship between Nick and Dominique...well, I really thought it's not love. More obviously lust to me.
But aside from that, I was eager about the other Chance men.
"Read with Me" Wanted! by Vicki Lewis Thompson 9 20 Jun 16, 2010 06:45AM
  • Play with Me
  • Northern Exposure
  • The Ranger
  • Dead Sexy (Harlequin Blaze #358)
  • Choose Me
  • The Mighty Quinns: Ian (The Mighty Quinns, #10)
  • Cowboy Fever
  • Cruise Control (Harlequin Blaze, #251)
  • The Heat Is On (Harlequin Blaze, #558)
  • SEALed and Delivered (Harlequin Blaze, #505) (Uniformly Hot!, #11)
  • High Stakes Seduction (Uniformly Hot!, #17)
  • Red's Hot Cowboy (Spikes & Spurs, #2)
  • Take Me
  • Texas Blaze (Harlequin Blaze, #509)
  • Going Cowboy Crazy (Deep in the Heart of Texas, #1)
  • Unbridled
  • UnRidden (Studs in Spurs, #1)
New York Times and USA Today bestseller Vicki Lewis Thompson believes love makes the world go around and laughter makes the trip worth taking. The recipient of RWA’s Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievement Award and the author of more than ninety books, Vicki pioneered a new kind of romance hero with Nerd in Shining Armor. Following the success of her nerd stories, Vicki launched a boisterous paranormal ...more
More about Vicki Lewis Thompson...

Sons of Chance (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Ambushed! (Sons of Chance, #2)
  • Claimed! (Sons of Chance, #3)
  • Should've Been a Cowboy (Sons of Chance, #4)
  • Cowboy Up (Sons of Chance, #5)
  • Cowboys Like Us
  • Cowboys Like Us / Notorious (Sons of Chance, #6)
  • Long Road Home (Sons of Chance, #7)
  • Lead Me Home (Sons of Chance, #8)
  • Feels Like Home (Sons of Chance, #9)
  • I Cross My Heart (Sons of Chance, #10)
Nerd in Shining Armor (Nerds, #1) A Werewolf in Manhattan (Wild About You, #1) The Nerd Who Loved Me (Nerds, #2) Nerd Gone Wild (Nerds, #3) Blonde with a Wand (Babes on Brooms, #1)

“Got what you needed?” he asked over his shoulder.

Not quite, but Rome wasn’t built in a day.”
6 likes