Wanted! (Sons of Chance, #1)

Wanted! (Sons of Chance #1)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  666 ratings  ·  62 reviews
Photographer Dominique Jeffries has come to Wyoming to find herself -- her creative self, her sexual self. After escaping the engagement from hell, she's dying to break loose and live a little. And seducing a shirtless, sweaty cowhand looks like just the place to start.

Paperback, Harlequin Blaze #544, 218 pages
Published June 1st 2010 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2010)

Cowgirl Up and Ride by Lorelei JamesLong Hard Ride by Lorelei JamesRough, Raw, and Ready by Lorelei JamesShoulda Been a Cowboy by Lorelei JamesTied Up, Tied Down by Lorelei James
Best Cowboy/Western Romance
35th out of 223 books — 151 voters
Anything for You by Sarah MayberryBody Check by Elle KennedyCan't Get Enough by Sarah MayberrySlow Hands by Leslie KellySex, Straight Up (Those Sexy O'Sullivans, #2) by Kathleen O'Reilly
Harlequin Blaze
84th out of 202 books — 137 voters

More lists with this book...

KarenH
If you believe in sex..er..love at first sight, then this book is for you.

Actually, if you believe in sex within 5 minutes of first sight and 5 rounds of hot, sweaty sex on second sight and not doing it on a bed until third sight at which time they realize they fell in love at first sight, then this book is for you. ;)
Harlequin Books
"If you are a lover of cowboys, this should be a series for you. This is the first in a trilogy of Chance brothers and the ranch they run. Nick is the ranch's vet. But the day Dominique meets him, he's digging postholes, so she thinks he's a ranch hand, as oppose to the ranch owner. Lets say, it leads to a very interesting, and hot, encounter." From an eHarlequin.com member review, read more HERE.
~J~ Riverina Romantics
3.5 Stars

Wanted! was an enjoyable read - well written with loveable characters.

It's a case on instant attraction. Bare moments after Dominique and Nick meet, she is happily riding his baloney pony. They have no past, are complete strangers, then all of a sudden BAM she jumps on for a ride...and remarkably it isn't sleazy at all. Well I didn't find it that way, but I am far from prudish.

So after the bump and grind they find out Dominique is actually staying at Nicks ranch, giving them the inevi...more
Karla (Mossy Love Grotto)
3.5 stars.

THE GIRL: Dominique Jeffries, photographer from Indianapolis. She has recently broken up with the staid Herman, who helped her build her business, but she's bored with the wedding and graduation photo routine. She's the type who wants to be impulsive, but knows that it has consequences, so she tries to be impulsive in a real deliberate and cautious way.

THE GUY: Nick Chance, 2nd son in a vast cowboy clan that encompasses all personalities and genetic traits (as is their habit). He's the...more
Lucy Felthouse
Wanted! is the first book of Vicki Lewis Thompson’s Sons of Chance series of novels. It tells the story of Nick Chance, a vet who also part-owns the ranch he works for and on. Officially speaking, his brother is in charge, but Nick is the one who makes sure their precious horses are healthy and cared for. He loves his work, but he’ll also muck in and help around the ranch when necessary.

He’s doing one such non-veterinary task when he catches sight of a woman who’s pointing a camera at him. She’s...more
Sabrina
This book starts off seriously hot and never lets up. The heat steams up the pages becuase the chemistry between Nick and Dominique rocks. These characters are perfectly matched both in attitude and sexually.

Vicki Lewis Thompson is one of my all-time favorite writers and although this is much different from her Nerd or Hex series, her voice still shines through. It's a wonderfully crafted story full of great characters and you will smile as you read it.

One theme that Vicki seems to use in some...more
Petula Darling
I can't believe I read this book, and if I had seen the cover of it first I'm sure I wouldn't have. Being coverless is both the beauty and the bane of audiobooks.
Wanted! is perfectly adequate for a romance novel, but it's pretty bad by any other standard. I'm not giving it a rating since this book is clearly making no attempt to hide what it is (see the glistening, bare cowboy chest above...and is that a phallic cattle prod he's holding??? wtf?), and it seems kind of unfair to bring down its ave...more
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Nicholas (Nick) Chance cowboy and vet for Last Chance Ranch in Wyoming. Nick doing work that he believes doesn't need done except Jack won't see it that way. Ever since their father's death, Jack has become a different man that doesn't resemble who he used to be. Their brother Gabe is out showing horses on the circuit and not expected home for awhile. Dominique Jefferies is searching for the woman she used to be before Herman dumped her for boss's daughter. She wants to be impulsive and carefree...more
Alayna Dickerson
Dominique is a photographer who has escaped her life for the Wyoming countryside. She's newly single after an awful engagement, and needs to live life for a little while. In comes Nick. He's masquerading as a cowhand when she meets him, and that suits her needs just fine. A cowhand won't want more than just a roll in the hay after all, right? She can just use him, and then leave.

Unfortunately for her, Nick is actually a veterinarian and has a brain. He doesn't like it that she wants to just use...more
Robin *loves sexy books*
Loved this! Nick and Dominique were great together. This is one of those sweet stories where you can feel the instant they fall in love. It has some family drama mixed in too. Oh and there is plenty of hot sex too!! Can't wait to start book 2!
Pattianne
WANTED - SONS OF CHANCE #1 - (Nick and Dominique)

Nick Chance isn't exactly a cowhand but, hey, he'll be whatever the lady wants! Only he soon realizes that this is more than just a quick roll in the hay. There's something about Do...more
Kathy
Jetches  (My Not So Vacant Shelf)
I think perhaps I’m not 100% percent cut out for the adult romance genre. There are many enjoyable moments but I find that certain aspects of the novel like the story-line tend to suffer to provide the reader with more adult content. Although this one had an interesting twist and concept for a story line there were many things missing, many holes I guess I would say, that stopped me from giving it a five out of five. I’m also not someone who tends to be sold on people falling in love under 48-ho...more
Nicole-Pattypattz1
Terri Pray
First of the Sons of Chance series by Vicki Lewis Thompson, audio book from Audible.

I'd listened to books two and three before I found this one on Audible. But I was able to listen to it out of order without the story being ruined for me.

Dominic, after a recent break up with a long term boy friend, has come to Wyoming for a much needed vacation. The bed and breakfast, however, was full and they bumped her over to a room at the Last Chance Ranch, where a chance encounter with the youngest of th...more
Erin
I was sent to me free for being a Harlequin Ambassador and I read it today. What I love about a Harlequin book is that they are easy to read, and it only takes me a couple hours to finish one. This one was the same. I enjoyed the characters, even if that cowboy theme has been done a billion times before. So Kudos for making the characters shine. I'm not used to Harlequin Blaze series, I was more of a historical romance reader of theirs, but I've read many romance books outside of Harlequin, and...more
AJ Best

I've never been happier than I am today that I own a Kindle. If I had read Ms. Thompson's book in print, I fear the pages would have burned as I read them.

It was interesting taking the journey with Dominique as she realizes that she doesn't need her ex-boyfriend's influence on her to be the person she wants to be. Finding Nick Chance in the field on the ranch was the best thing that could have happened to both of them. Nick helped her see who she was and...more
Suzanne
Dominique is a photographer! I love to find characters who take pictures as much as I do! This was an awesome love story.
Nanya
This novel was kind of predictable. It also moved very fast, too fast for any relationship to blossom. Wanted was a good and enjoyable read that did keep me up at night reading but it would have been a lot better if something unpredictable could've happened within the plot. I felt like this book was repeating a plot that has occurred in too many romance novels and it lacked substance and originality. Despite this, I was quite immersed in the book and did have fun reading it. The characters that...more
Jenifer
First in the Sons of Chance series.

I loved this book, I could hardly stand to put it down. Nick Chance is one those characters that once you meet him you can hardly get him out of your head.

Dominique Jeffries is also a good character, very similar to Nick in many ways. The two of them complete each other and it is obvious to see.

Like most of Vicki Lewis Thompson's other works, this book is filled with humor, honesty, some twists, and hot men. I love both cowboys and the work of Thompson so putti...more
Jo (My House of Books)
I've never ready Ms. Thompson before, and something about this series called to me (could be the covers, I just don't know). I'm pleased I took the chance -- ha ha!

The connection between Dominique and Nick was real and palatable, an instant lust with a little more behind the scenes. Nick's secret, however, was wrapped up too neatly, though I'm sure some of the residual issues will appear throughout the series. I'm looking forward to getting to know the remaining Chance brothers.
Mem
Dominique and Nick start the Sons of Chance series.
Irene
Wanted! is the first book in the series and it is about Nick, middle brother in the Chance family, who's a veterinarian. He meets a passer-through girl Dominique, who wants nothing more than to have fun without long lasting commitments. But Nick has another point of view and finally he proves his point to be correct ;)

I was the first book by this author I've read and I loved it, very nice and quick read.
Gmc
Wanted! by Vicki Lewis Thompson First of a trilogy.
Dominique Jefferies Is walking on a ranch in Wyoming and sees and cowboy digging post holes with his shirt off, she takes his picture. Nick Chance part owner of the Last Chance Ranch and resident Veterinarian is doing a chore for his brother, and spots a beautiful woman taking is picture so he mugs for the camera. The rest is up to you to read:)
Diah Didi
I love most of Vicky Lewis Thompson's books and through these series, I was hoping something, but somehow I didn't really get along with the story. I mean, Nick' secret didn't thrill me at all. And the relationship between Nick and Dominique...well, I really thought it's not love. More obviously lust to me.
But aside from that, I was eager about the other Chance men.
Tofu Fairy
fun fast sexy romp...don't normally like cowboy romance novels but am so in love with this author's werewolf and witch books that I gave this one a chance (no title pun intended) and loved it! I will say this, the ending was too abrupt. I needed at least two more pages to flush that ending out. Other than that...fantastic!
Stephanie
Ordinarily, I would have rated this a 2 because I will never read it again. I have it a 3 because it is rather unique among Harlequin books where the star if the book is the guy, not the woman. More humor would have helped this book. I loved the characters and the plot but it just didn't zing for me.
Tia
I've read so many books similar to this, I don't even know what to rate them or how to review them. Bottom line is the heroine wanted a fling, the hero had other ideas and eventually they end up together. It wasn't better or worse than the other novels, just in the middle.
April Brookshire
It wasn't anything special, but I liked it. The hero was a sweetheart and no the usual alpha asshole. The heroine was likable. There wasn't a whole lot of plot though. Basically, they like each other from the start, but she lives in another state.
"Read with Me" Wanted! by Vicki Lewis Thompson 9 19 Jun 16, 2010 06:45AM
  • Terms of Surrender (Harlequin Blaze) (Uniformly Hot!, #18)
  • Cruise Control (Harlequin Blaze, #251)
  • My Fake Fiancee
  • Make Your Move (Harlequin Blaze, #542)
  • The Ranger
  • Dead Sexy (Harlequin Blaze #358)
  • Cowboy Fever
  • The Heat Is On (Harlequin Blaze, #558)
  • One Man Rush (Double Overtime, #1)
  • Take Me
  • I Love This Bar (Honky Tonk, #1)
  • Ripped!
  • Hot under Pressure (Harlequin Blaze #485)
  • Breaking the Rules (Harlequin Blaze) (Uniformly Hot!, #14)
New York Times and USA Today bestseller Vicki Lewis Thompson believes love makes the world go around and laughter makes the trip worth taking. The recipient of RWA’s Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievement Award and the author of more than ninety books, Vicki pioneered a new kind of romance hero with Nerd in Shining Armor. Following the success of her nerd stories, Vicki launched a boisterous paranormal...more
More about Vicki Lewis Thompson...
Nerd in Shining Armor (Nerds, #1) A Werewolf in Manhattan (Wild About You, #1) The Nerd Who Loved Me (Nerds, #2) Nerd Gone Wild (Nerds, #3) Blonde with a Wand (Babes on Brooms, #1)

“Got what you needed?” he asked over his shoulder.

Not quite, but Rome wasn’t built in a day.”
5 likes