Start by marking “Murder on the Cape Fear (Magnolia Mysteries, #6)” as Want to Read:
Murder on the Cape Fear (Magnolia Mysteries, #6)

Murder on the Cape Fear (Magnolia Mysteries #6)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  102 ratings  ·  9 reviews
In Wilmington, North Carolina, historic preservationist Ashley Wilkes is working hard on refurbishing the home of a Civil War blockade runner when a murder links the dangerous life of Captain Pettigrew with a modern-day treasure hunt. An old journal and letters found in the captain's house tell Ashley that this rugged privateer's daring adventures led to some very rich boo ...more
Paperback
Published May 2010 by Worldwide Library Worldwide Mystery (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Murder on the Cape Fear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder on the Cape Fear

Meredith (Austenesque Reviews)
I waited to long to read this book! I had high expectations and I think that set me up for a little disappointment. Loved learning about my town (Wilmington, NC) and the history of the blockade and the treacherous Cape Fear River. It was a blast seeing events of the story take place in stores, restaurants, and roads in which I frequently visit! Found myself a little dissatisfied with the mystery though. There didn't seem to be enough development leading up to the solution, and everything wrapped ...more
JoAnne
Cindy
Ashley is planning her wedding to her sweetheart Joel and restoring a historic home that belonged to a Confederate Navy Captain. But then she discovers another dead body or two. And her soon-to-be ex wants her back.

This could have been more fun, if I was in a better mood, I think. The story of the Confederate gold was interesting. But I really didn't approve of some personal decisions by Ashley and the writing wasn't very good. Maybe it's just me, but it's tacky to sleep with someone until your
Chris
Karen
I have read several of the Magnolia Mysteries by this author and they are just good, fun reads. Makes me think of favorite books of my childhood, the Nancy Drew Mysteries.

It also helps that the area of North Carolina where these books are set is one of my favorite areas to visit.
Kate
My first book by this author. Like the Wilmington setting, the food, a bit of history and and the fun of a mystery. Think I will read some more of this series for a quick, easy read.
Lesley
As usual, I enjoyed the NC coastal setting of this book, like others in this series, but I didn't enjoy the extra characters as much in this installment.
Glenn Harris
Not one of the best in the "Magnolia Mystery" series, but enjoyable.
Susan
Sixth in the Willington, NC murder mystery series.
Shellii Huff
Shellii Huff marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Jo-ann
Jo-ann marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Jean Breunle
Jean Breunle marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Barb
Barb marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Cheryl Sminchak-dolacki
Cheryl Sminchak-dolacki marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Kimmy Yates
Kimmy Yates marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
JOYCE FOSTER
JOYCE FOSTER is currently reading it
Jan 11, 2015
Valorie
Valorie marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
M Roberts
M Roberts marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Down Home And Deadly  (Sleuthing Sisters Mystery #3)
  • The Crossword Murder (Crossword Mysteries, #1)
  • Aunt Dimity and the Lost Prince (An Aunt Dimity Mystery, #18)
  • Death and Honesty (Martha's Vineyard Mystery, #8)
  • Shore to Die (Josie Pigeon, #1)
  • Married to the Mop (Charlotte LaRue Mystery, #5)
  • The Dog Who Knew Too Much (Rachel Alexander & Dash, #2)
  • Buried Stuff (Jane Wheel, #4)
  • Shadow of an Angel (An Augusta Goodnight Mystery)
  • Mrs. Pargeter's Pound of Flesh (Mrs Pargeter, #4)
  • Deadly Threads (Josie Prescott, #6)
  • Swift Run (A Charlie Swift Mystery #3)
  • A Colourful Death (Cornish Mystery, #2)
  • Trouble in Spades (A Nina Quinn Mystery #2)
  • Buried Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney, #2)
  • Murder Gets A Life (Southern Sisters Mystery, #5)
  • Extra Credit
  • Shot Through Velvet (Crime of Fashion, #7)

Magnolia Mysteries (10 books)
  • Murder on the Ghost Walk (Magnolia Mysteries, #1)
  • Murder on the Candlelight Tour (Magnolia Mysteries, #2)
  • Murder at the Azalea Festival (Magnolia Mysteries, #3)
  • Murder at Wrightsville Beach (Magnolia Mysteries, #4)
  • Murder On The ICW (Magnolia Mysteries, #5)
  • Christmas Wedding (Magnolia Mysteries, #7)
  • Murder at the Bellamy Mansion (Magnolia Mysteries, #8)
  • Murder at the Holiday Flotilla (Magnolia Mysteries, #9)
  • Much Ado About Murder (Magnolia Mysteries, #10)
Murder on the Ghost Walk (Magnolia Mysteries, #1) Murder on the Candlelight Tour (Magnolia Mysteries, #2) Murder at the Azalea Festival (Magnolia Mysteries, #3) Murder at Wrightsville Beach (Magnolia Mysteries, #4) Murder On The ICW (Magnolia Mysteries, #5)