The Magic Key (Fairy Realm, #5)

The Magic Key (Fairy Realm #5)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  640 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Enter the realm of enchantment.

Jessie returns to the magical Realm for the fifth time. The magic of the Realm has rescued her home from terrible fires, and she has saved the Realm's magical people from a wicked imposter, kept the griffin guards under control, and saved the fairy-apple trees.

Now it's Jessie's birthday, and she finds herself chasing a rainbow. She's got

Published March 30th 2004 by HarperCollins (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Magic Key, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Magic Key

Alison Stadt
Jessie shrank so tiny. She even got into trouble with the pixies! When she fled to the realm her friends berly even saw her. Soon she was unshrunk and if you want to find out how she got unshrunk just read the book to find out.
Shion Cook
very cool
Abbie
I liked how Jessie blew away from her garden when she was pixie size and a bird came along and took her to the end of the rainbow. And her grandma says there's either a door to the room or a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. The door to the room leads to some fun surprises. But you'll have to find out what surprises when you read the book!
Jenna
I would give this book (and the rest of the series) two or three stars. It is a really good book, for younger kids (7-9).
For me, I enjoyed it when I was younger, but now, it was.....interesting. Totally great series for young girls. Pretty easy read too.
Gabrielle
Very nice story. I like the part where she finds out at the end of the rain bow there is not only a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow but there is also a door to the realm.Have I said too much?! ( Hope not! )
Jordanna
I love this series. It is the main character's B - day. Her name is Jessie. She turns into pixie size and goes through a lot of trouble. Then she returns back to her real size.
Dawnetta
Dec 22, 2007 Dawnetta rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 6 - 12
Shelves: childrenlit, 6-to-12
My girls love these books. These a great beginner fantasy books, which I even enjoy reading. The plots are simple yet exciting and diverse. These are a good read.
Maggie
This book was funny. I especially liked the part when Giff had to wear a dress made of petals. I learned that if you help somebody they might help you.
Sue
Finally, a fairy story that my young daughter likes that I don't mind reading with her! It's not undying prose, but it well written and not totally formulaic.
Kirei
Jessie is turned small by a magic key on the day of her birthday and then she is blown away. Can she get big again and find her way home?
Max
Jul 01, 2013 Max added it
Shelves: read-when-young
i don't really remember, but i know i loved these when i was very young.
Theresa
my daughters of collection of stories
Cameron

I am curious
Angelica
i loved the book!!!!!
Jessie Luevano
I need to find a rainbow
Meredith
Such a cute story.
Leo
Leo added it
Sep 19, 2014
Willow
Willow marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Tia Michelle
Tia Michelle marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Chris
Chris added it
Sep 02, 2014
  • Fira and the Full Moon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #6)
  • Shannon The Ocean Fairy
  • A Masterpiece for Bess (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #7)
  • Beck and the Great Berry Battle (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #3)
  • The Trouble With Tink (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #1)
  • The Fairies of Nutfolk Wood
  • Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #5)
  • Lily's Pesky Plant (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #4)
  • Pony Problems (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #3)
  • Fairy Haven and the Quest for the Wand
Emily Rodda (real name Jennifer Rowe) was born in Sydney, Australia and graduated from the University of Sydney in 1973 with an MA (Hons) in English Literature. Moving into a publishing career, first as a book editor, and finally as a publisher at Angus & Robertson, Rodda's first book was published in 1984.
More about Emily Rodda...
The Forests of Silence (Deltora Quest #1) City of the Rats (Deltora Quest, #3) The Lake of Tears (Deltora Quest, #2) The Shifting Sands (Deltora Quest, #4) The Valley of the Lost (Deltora Quest, #7)