Start by marking “The Third Wish (Fairy Realm, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Third Wish (Fairy Realm, #3)

The Third Wish (Fairy Realm #3)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  789 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Enter the Realm of Adventure

Jessie's helped the magical people of the Realm to escape danger twice now -- she's a real hero to her friends there.

But now her own world is in danger. Forest fires threaten her beloved home, Blue Moon. And only the magic of the realm can help her.

Published June 1st 2003 by HarperCollins (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Third Wish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Third Wish

Alison Stadt
Forest fires are coming to blue moon so Jessie came to the realm to find a wish stone. But the realm creatures are not allowed to go under the sea because that is the rules. A mirmade guided her to the under water castle were Lorca lived. She had gathered all the wish stones. Lorca the mirmade used to be Coral Ripple the mirmades older sister. The magic fish made Jessie's wish come true and the wish was that their would be rain so the fires would go out.

Markovski
Jun 07, 2013 Markovski marked it as to-read
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ...more
Celeste
This series was a great introduction into the love of reading for my girls. My daughter hated reading and was hooked on the first book. I decided to read it to make sure it was a "good" book and loved the character development and plot. Another good book you might like if you like this one is Into the Land of the Unicorns. That series is excellent for adult and children.
Tiffany
Cute story that my niece really loved. She loved the change in scenery for the book. The story was still in the realm, but it was set in Under-Sea which was fun to have some of the same loved characters, but to meet some new ones.

Again, this is a story for older children to tween age girls. It has a very good flow and is a very quick read.
Tamra
Aug 29, 2010 Tamra rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 8- to 10-year-old girls who like fairies
Recommended to Tamra by: my 8-year-old daughter
I've been wishing my daughter wouldn't read these fluff fairy books, but I was basing my entire opinion of the series on two things: the pictures on the covers, and the Disney fairy books. (I know, I know. But sometimes you CAN judge a book by its cover.)

Then I read this book, because my 8-year-old daughter said it was THE BEST in the series (she loves mermaids even more than she loves fairies). And it was fun! Unlike the Disney fairy books, Emily Rodda actually puts thought into her storyline,
Shion Cook
great story
Brylee Ure
What a great book! Who knew Lorca was the sister!
Kirei
This twist on the "Little Mermaid" has a surprise ending.......

One thing though: I don't understand why Granny is so happy with her lot in life, but Lorca is so unhappy with hers. The book doesn't explain this. (Could it really be that a good man is all it takes for a happy life???? Not something we want to teach our daughters...)
Felicity The Magnificent
In this book, a girl named Jessie goes to the Fairy Realm to find a wish-stone to put out the fires in the mountains. Each wish-stone can only grant three wishes. Wish-stones wash up on the bay of the Under-Sea in the Fairy Realm. I like this book because Jessie puts out the fire in the mountains. By: Felicity
Jolynn
Maylin now likes these books. We read the third wish for her book report it was student choice and she chose this book because we already read one and two. I like the imagination in these books they are fun and sometimes pretty predictable but they are great for little girls.
Jenna
I would give this book (and the rest of the series) two or three stars. It is a really good book, for younger kids (7-9).
For me, I enjoyed it when I was younger, but now, it was.....interesting. Totally great series for young girls. Pretty easy read too.
McKenzie
Jul 24, 2008 McKenzie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who likes reading little girl books
this one was pretty good. it kind of reminded me of like a mystery book. it had you guessing what was gonna happen next. and when you think you have it, most likely you do. but it's good to guess and be right.
Makenzie
This book was the bomb i loved it and i think i read it about 2 times!! It was great and i loved it and wished that owned it. I guess that i like books that aren't true.
Dawnetta
Dec 22, 2007 Dawnetta rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 6 - 12
Shelves: childrenlit, 6-to-12
My girls love these books. These a great beginner fantasy books, which I even enjoy reading. The plots are simple yet exciting and diverse. These are a good read.
Kelsey F
im not into the mermaid fables and fairy tales but my sister loves to hear them so i read them to her they are kinda good even though there very cheesy.
Alexa
Aug 18, 2008 Alexa rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: every one
This is a charming short read for anyone any age who loves a good adventure/fairy tale/happy ending
Ellie
OMG I love this book I love the part where she figured out that coral was the Lorca SO COOL
Max
Jul 01, 2013 Max added it
Shelves: read-when-young
i don't really remember, but i know i loved these when i was very young.
Meredith
I found this story to a bit sad in parts, but I enjoyed the happy ending.
Sienna K
I love water tales! This was one very interseting book!
Jasmine
This was an awsome book about under tge sea
Theresa
my daughters collection of books
Kira
It's a hot day, and
Siera
read first review!
Sofia
nice book!
Georgia
Georgia marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Prajwala
Prajwala marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
  • The Fairies of Nutfolk Wood
  • Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #5)
  • Fira and the Full Moon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #6)
  • Sprite's Secret (Pixie Tricks, #1)
  • Beck and the Great Berry Battle (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #3)
  • Strike of the Sweepers (Janitors, #4)
  • The Trouble With Tink (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #1)
  • The Witchy Worries of Abbie Adams
  • Lily's Pesky Plant (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #4)
  • Who's The Fairest?
  • A Masterpiece for Bess (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #7)
  • Thora
  • The Magical Ms. Plum
  • Shadow Spell (Seven Sorcerers #2)
  • Horse in the House (Animal Ark, #26)
  • Queen Clarion's Secret (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #16)
  • Some Good News (Cobble Street Cousins #4)
  • A Wizard Named Nell (The Keepers, #1)
Emily Rodda (real name Jennifer Rowe) was born in Sydney, Australia and graduated from the University of Sydney in 1973 with an MA (Hons) in English Literature. Moving into a publishing career, first as a book editor, and finally as a publisher at Angus & Robertson, Rodda's first book was published in 1984.
More about Emily Rodda...
The Forests of Silence (Deltora Quest #1) City of the Rats (Deltora Quest, #3) The Lake of Tears (Deltora Quest, #2) The Shifting Sands (Deltora Quest, #4) The Valley of the Lost (Deltora Quest, #7)