Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 4

Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 4 (Chi's Sweet Home / チーズスイートホーム)

4.35 of 5 stars 4.35  ·  rating details  ·  564 ratings  ·  41 reviews
Chi is a michievous newborn kitten who on a leisurely stroll with her family finds herself lost and alone. Seperated from the warmth and protection of her mother, desperately attempts to reunite with her family of feral cats. When the kitten feels all hope is lost, she is found in a park by a young boy named Yohei and his mother. After taking a tumble Yohei feels just as d...more
Published December 21st 2010 by Vertical (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 4

Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 1 by Kanata KonamiChi's Sweet Home, Volume 3 by Kanata KonamiChi's Sweet Home, Volume 2 by Kanata KonamiChi's Sweet Home, Volume 4 by Kanata KonamiChi's Sweet Home, Volume 5 by Kanata Konami
Elementary Graphic Novel Wishlist
4th out of 8 books — 5 voters
Dewey by Vicki MyronOld Possum's Book of Practical Cats by T.S. EliotThe Cat in the Hat by Dr. SeussAlice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis CarrollInto the Wild by Erin Hunter
Great "Cat" Books
221st out of 837 books — 398 voters

More lists with this book...

MissAnnThrope
30 April 2013

The Yamadas can finally relax as they move into a pet-friendly apartment in Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 4. I guess "relax" wouldn't be quite the right word when you've got a troublesome kitty on the loose, wreaking havoc all while giving you some 'tude.

For anyone who has pets, you will absolutely relate to Chi adjusting to her new surroundings. Chi gets to meet her new neighbors and makes some new furry friends. I love the interaction with David in the yard. So cute!

The baby-talk seems...more
Amy
I love that my eight year old niece loves Chi's Sweet Home. She is reading these on her own, and not only reading them, begging me to supply her with another. I can't get them for her fast enough! I hadn't seen the child for five days, and when I picked her up today, the first thing out of her mouth was, "Auntie, do you have another Chi book for me today?!" She informed me that, "All the Chi books get five stars."

Oh, and I like these books, too. The author has really studied cat behavior, and ha...more
Nicola Mansfield
This is a hilarious volume! The Yomadas move to a new home where they are allowed to have pets and the focus of the entire volume is Chi's reaction to moving. If you have ever moved with a cat you will relate to Chi's total freak-out at all the new-ness she has to deal with. Extremely funny. As far as the plot, the move encompasses the entire book though two new characters are introduced who will most likely continue on. There is a rambunctious dog living next door to the Yamadas and one over fr...more
Dolly
Feb 10, 2014 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children who enjoy reading graphic novels
In this fourth volume of Chi's story, I'm starting to get invested in the characters. I like the big black cat especially, and I thought it was interesting that while the author did not bring him back to the story yet, he was still included in Chi's flashback scenes.

This is a humorous tale that details the Yamada family's move to a pet-friendly apartment complex. The story is entertaining, especially with Chi's alarm over the move, but it's a bit overdone, I think. After four moves (including t...more
It might just be that I'm enjoying finally finding a manga I can read in the original Japanese (the target audience is small children, so it's not that great a feat!), but I really loved reading the six volumes of this one. Chi is an adorable character and you really end up liking her and the people around her (I confess I bawled like a baby at the end of volume 3)...I'm still hoping she'll find her lost family and that's not resolved yet, but I'm looking forward to volume 7!
Karissa
My whole family is really continuing to enjoy this series. It is cute, funny, and just wonderfully entertaining for people who love cats.

In this volume Chi and family are finally in a new apartment where pets are welcome. This leads to a lot of surprise, stress, and hilarity for Chi. Including an introduction to stairs, birds, and dogs.

My whole family again loved this volume. We were all laughing out loud a ton as we read this. My seven year old son begged to read this every night. I keep saying...more
Jeff Raymond
The only new thing I can say about this that I haven't already said is that it's interesting to see how consistent this series has been so far. This still makes me laugh, is still cuter than anything else in print, and, well, yeah. Just tremendous.
Selena
Dec 25, 2011 Selena rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: cat lovers
The cutest kitten story continues!

Pretty true on the cat front, as usual, and really adorable as always. Cat lovers must read this series!

...And I believe this is the first time a manga has become a "New York Times Best Seller."
Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe)
Chi is the cutest kitty in town. What an adorable, sweet series. Even hardened dog lovers will be moved by Chi's antics.
Kate
Chi's Sweet Home Vol 1- 5 by Kanata Konami.
Children's Comic

Chi is a mischievous newborn kitten who, while on a leisurely stroll with her family, finds herself lost. Separated from the warmth and protection of her mother, feels distraught. Overcome with loneliness she breaks into tears in a large urban park meadow., when she is suddenly rescued by a young boy named Yohei and his mother. The kitty is then quickly and quietly whisked away into the warm and inviting Yamada family apartment...where p...more
Charles
SIMON Karine
J’ai décidé de regrouper ces trois mangas en un seul billet, pour ne pas faire de redite.

Dans ces tomes, nous retrouvons notre adorable petite Chi, toujours aussi marrante, et attachante.

J’ai pris autant de plaisir à lire ces aventures, sans éprouver de lassitude. Ma fille en a fait de même, elle est complètement accro et me demande à grand renfort de sourires, d’acheter la suite.

Nous avons donc succomber, pour notre plus grand plaisir, à la malicieuse Chi.

Ici, nous rencontrons de nouveaux perso...more
Mary
I am going to start reading Chi any time I have a bad day. Kitty kawaii chases the blues away.
Jodie
Chi and family move to a new home where pets are allowed. He gets into more mischief.
Monica
Qué monín, Chi..y cómo se acuerda de su amigo el gato negro!
Blandean
Can't stop laughing and saying "aaaw" because it's so funny and cute. This volume was one of the best :)
Lisa
i love this cat and find myself laughing at the strangest moments
Jen
In this fourth installment the Yamadas realize they need to move to an apartment that they can take Chi. Chi doesn't understand the moving thing and is kinda freaking out. While getting used to his new surroundings he remembers what the "bear-cat" had taught him about marking his territory. Will Chi get used to his new home or will he freak out and try to go back to the old apartment?
Samantha
Chi adjusts to her new home.

I liked the level of detail involved in Chi settling into her new home. The way the cat catalogs the new smells and revels in the new heights she's able to ascend to via the stairs was funny and true to life with a cat.

Grades 3-5.
Amy
I loved seeing Chi explore her new home, as well as her frustration with pretty much everything. Loved the scratching cardboard bit. That was totally my cat when we tried to get her to use one.

And the 'game' with the dog. Ha!
Sara
Chi is still adorable! She moved to a new house where they allow pets! There's a puppy and a long-haired Scottish fold! I want Chi to be real so I can cuddle her!

That's about all I have to say :) On to number 5!
Monica
I'm beginning to notice that some of the chapters were put in a different order in the anime than in the book. It's a welcome change to thinking the anime went off on a tangent of their own. I can't get enough of Chi.
Pinky
Chi's getting bigger everyday and learning how to do more independently, just like a toddler. This series is totally adorable. The family moves to a new, pets welcome apartment building and meets their new neighbors.
Minutepapillon
Les pages défilent plus vite qu'on le voudrait lors de la lecture à haute voix, qui il faut le dire se résume souvent à des bruits médusés, des feulements de chat et autres bruitages, le soir au coin de l'oreiller.
Sarah Sammis
Link+ due September 8, 2012

Chi moves into her new home. She realizes climbing down stairs isn't as fun as climbing up. She meets Alice and David. She wins (and loses) at hide and seek. But she also misses Blackie.
Sian Lile-Pastore
well, this series just continues to be adorable. in volume 4 Chi has moved to a new home and is pretty confused about it all. she also has a cute little game of hide and seek.
i love chi.
sigh
Thomas Andrikus
The author Konami seems to understand cat's way of thought very well... I am particularly fascinated reading the chapter about Chi's reaction to his new home... So similar to my own cat!
Allison
In this volume, Chi and her family move to a new home. Chi meets new people (and pets), makes new friends, and continues learning and having adventures!

I love Chi.
Christiane
Chi's family finally moves into an apartment that allows pets, so Chi gets to meet all her furry neighbors. Addictingly sweet and cute.
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 10 (Yotsuba&! #10)
  • Neko Ramen: Hey! Order Up!
  • Bunny Drop 4 (Bunny Drop, #4)
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 03
  • A Bride's Story 03
  • Princess Knight, Vol. 02
  • Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 7 (Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Renewal Editions, #7)
Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 1 Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 2 Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 3 Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 5 Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 6