Start by marking “Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN? Examination” as Want to Read:
Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN? Examination

Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN? Examination

This title includes additional digital media when purchased in print format. For this digital book edition, media content is not included.

There is a reason Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN? Examination has been called "the best NCLEX exam review book ever." You'll find everything you need to review for the NCLEX exam under one cover - complete content review
Published October 12th 2011 by Saunders (first published 1999)

Jacinda
Jul 06, 2011 Jacinda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nursing
An absolute must for all potential NCLEX takers. I suggest making this book your bible right from day one of nursing school.
Oct 18, 2009 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a massive NCLEX review organized by systems and sub specialties (pediatric is divided into endo, integumentary, etc.). The reviews at the beginning of the chapter are great little summaries but by no mean do they cover everything you need to know, ESPECIALLY infection control measures regarding the diseases! I had several NCLEX questions that went into much more detail than this book covers.

The questions are great- I would recommend doing all of them and then reviewing the rationales (e
Patience
Jul 05, 2014 Patience rated it it was amazing
I recommend this book for all nursing students and anyone studying for their NCLEX. This book was also recommended by all the professors I've had. Very detailed, easy to understand and thorough.
Carla
Sep 26, 2014 Carla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great guide that helped me prepare for my NCLEX exam. Information was to the point and had key information that was a must know in order to be successful!
Ashlee
Jul 21, 2009 Ashlee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book and many others I have spent hundreds of dollars on are the only thing I allow myself to read till December. Someday I will have freedom again!!!
Katie
May 17, 2015 Katie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book itself is not hard to read but some of the answers to the questions are so bogus!
Anne
Aug 06, 2008 Anne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Goodness, it's thick!! I need to know all this? Oh my.
Sara
Jul 22, 2012 Sara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
helped me pass the nclex!!!!!
Adrienne
Jun 16, 2015 Adrienne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great condensed review of 4 years of nursing education. In some ways, this book was more thorough than my professors and for all that I learned along the way I am grateful.

Questions at the back of the chapters and the final test covered material well, but are recall and understanding questions only. This is important to know because the NCLEX is testing you at the higher comprehension levels of application and analysis. Any student preparing for NCLEX needs a source of those types of question
John F. Russell
Jan 13, 2016 John F. Russell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I haven't actually used this book for the NCLEX yet as I still have another year before I complete my BSN, but I used it to prepare for a very important final exam in my Med-Surg course. It was incredibly helpful in understanding the test taking strategies necessary for nursing school.
Florence Bernice
Aug 04, 2015 Florence Bernice rated it really liked it
Wilfred Pareto said that in a 100-part of something, you really only need to focus on the significant 30-part of it.

And when taking the NCLEX-RN exam, you don't need to study everything nor from cover to cover of your MS book.

This book right here, is the 30% nursing content one needs to review. It was so comprehensive! And I liked it very much that it was in bullet-form and not written like a novel.

Compared with the Kaplan book, this is more detailed and more recommend-able to those GC and I-do
Sharee
Oct 09, 2015 Sharee rated it it was amazing
I did every chapter in this book and it was such a HUGE help to pass the NCLEX!! Great explanations. I would highly recommend it as a supplement while you're in school as well!!
Melissa
Apr 23, 2015 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So this is a book, no doubt. And I spent months on it too.
Aamir Shah
i read this for the porpose of knowlege
Zeina
May 15, 2016 Zeina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: uni-stuff
Well, that's thankfully over!
Bebe Konnen
Jan 23, 2016 Bebe Konnen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very helpful, seeing as I passed my NCLEX!
Julie
Mar 23, 2013 Julie rated it it was amazing
Lengthy and tedious, but it covers everything you need to know if returning to nursing after many years away from the profession, as I did. Geared primarily towards hospital nursing, of course.
Yamy
Jul 07, 2012 Yamy rated it it was amazing
Very good and comprehensive summary of nursing school. Clean, organized layout to help you focus on subjects and important points.
Dana Graves
Aug 11, 2011 Dana Graves rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
its very informative..helps with tests..just HAPPY i dont have to reaad it anymore! :)
Tawny
Dec 09, 2010 Tawny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of condensed information. A good review and easy way to see what areas you lack.
Gina Pollack
YAY! Passed boards!!
Megan
May 09, 2013 Megan rated it it was amazing
Most helpful book so far!
Kimmah
Jun 28, 2007 Kimmah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: nursing students
Shelves: education
This is a great study guide.
Tiffany
Oct 13, 2013 Tiffany rated it it was amazing
How can I read it?
Lady June
Apr 01, 2013 Lady June rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
x1
Lauren Almendra
Lauren Almendra marked it as to-read
Neer Tiwari
Neer Tiwari marked it as to-read
Mqararah
Mqararah marked it as to-read
Seiko
Seiko marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2016
  • Nursing Diagnosis Handbook: An Evidence-Based Guide to Planning Care
  • Kozier & Erb's Fundamentals of Nursing
  • Fundamentals of Nursing
  • Baby ER: The Heroic Doctors and Nurses Who Perform Medicine's Tiniest Miracles
  • Pathophysiology Made Incredibly Easy!
  • Wong's Essentials of Pediatric Nursing
  • Maternal and Child Health Nursing: Care of the Childbearing and Childrearing Family
  • Brunner and Suddarth's Textbook of Medical-Surgical Nursing
  • Nightingales: The Extraordinary Upbringing and Curious Life of Miss Florence Nightingale
  • Physical Examination and Health Assessment [With CDROM]
  • Anthropological Theory: An Introductory History
  • Florence Nightingale: The Making of an Icon
  • Rapid Interpretation of EKG's
  • Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment: Practice Excercises for the NCLEX Exam
  • Medical-Surgical Nursing (Single Volume): Assessment and Management of Clinical Problems
  • The House of Hope and Fear: Life in a Big City Hospital
  • Birth as an American Rite of Passage
  • From Outrage to Courage: The Unjust and Unhealthy Situation of Women in Poor Countries and What They Are Doing About It