A Gentlewoman's Predicament (The Ladies' Sewing Circle, #1)

A Gentlewoman's Predicament (The Ladies' Sewing Circle #1)

3.32 of 5 stars 3.32  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Sofia Harewood's problem: finding a partner who can please her in the bedroom better than her disappointing first husband She senses there should be so much more to lovemaking--and she's determined to discover what she's been missing.

Sofia's mission takes her to A. Chamfleur, purveyor of "Intimate Advice to the Gentlewoman..".but the encounter is not at all what she had im...more
Published May 1st 2010 by Spice Briefs (first published April 21st 2010)

carol
Oct 23, 2012 carol rated it 4 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Over 16's
An enjoyable short story. I've read a few of Portia Da Costa's short stories and novels through Black Lace publishing, which was also my introduction to BDSM.
This is the first of a mini series called, The Ladie's Sewing Circle, of which there are five short stories about Gentlewomen and the predicament of sex.
The year 1887, Victorian England, a time when morals were strict and sexuality not talked of, a time when many a man satisfied himself and left the wife unsatisfied and unknowing as to ful...more
Kathy
Tam B.
This is a short. Essentially it is a single scene with an epilogue. I was expecting a bit more of a story between the leads but it didn't happen. There are apparently further stories in this setting but I won't be purchasing them.
Victoria Parker
Historical briefs with a bite of erotica hits the spot every time. Have thoroughly enjoyed the 'Ladies Sewing Circle' novella's. Brava!
Ruth
This little 20 minute read was like a chocolate truffle. Sweet, sensuous and a charming little distraction. Yummy.
figuranta m/m lover
probabily the worse book i read i didn't got into it at all
Lisa
26 pages, not worth reading IMO. It was ok but nothing spectacular.
Tracyene
Loved it--can't wait for the next one!
RIF
Too short for any development
Zurame
Zurame marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
Araceli
Araceli marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
Rachael Shannon
Rachael Shannon marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Teresa Da
Teresa Da marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Herr Lemmy
Herr Lemmy marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Carlisshia
Carlisshia marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2014
Danny
Danny marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2014
Elaine Bordelon
Elaine Bordelon marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2014
CagedMitch
CagedMitch marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
Kimberley
Kimberley marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2014
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2014
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2014
Arlene
Arlene marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
I'm a multi-published British author of romance, erotic romance and romantic fiction. My novels have been published by a variety of different houses, both in the US and the UK, and translated into many languages including German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Norwegian and Japanese. I'm best known for my many novels for the pioneering British erotica publisher Black Lace and I writing books with contem...more
More about Portia Da Costa...
In Too Deep The Accidental Call Girl  (Accidental #1) The Accidental Mistress (Accidental #2) Chance of a Lifetime Entertaining Mr Stone