Start by marking “Santa Paws Come Home” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Santa Paws Come Home

Nicholas Edwards

Santa Paws Come Home (Santa Paws #4)

It starts out as a typical day for the Callahans, doing last-minute Christmas shopping at the mall. But when they come back to the car, the window is smashed and their dog, Santa Paws, is missing! Can the lovable pup escape from his kidnappers and make it back to his family?
Published November 1st 2000 by Turtleback Books (first published October 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Santa Paws Come Home, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Gina
Feb 27, 2016 Gina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: dog lovers
Though it's labeled #4, the events in this one actually take place before #3, so I decided to switch it up for continuity's sake. That's really the only problem. The rest of the book is a delight, as always, giving Santa Paws the freedom from #2's isolated setting so he can go back to his little rescue adventures - and this time with a lovable, feisty kitty friend!
Bridgette Redman
Ellen Emerson White, writing as Nicholas Edwards, knows just how to appeal to young adult pet lovers, whether they are 8 or 18. Alas, with this book, she fell short of her previously high standards.

Her Santa Paws series are a collection of delightful novels in which Patricia and Gregory Callahan are teenagers who have a heroic dog with a knack for saving everyone in the slightest bit of difficulty.

In Santa Paws, Come Home, the third book in the series, Santa Paws is kidnapped by a pair of odio
Tarissa
Oct 23, 2015 Tarissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm a little old for the Santa Paws books but they bring a smile to my face. This year I read the 3rd book in the series, "Santa Paws, Come Home". A lovely story about how the furry hero of Oceanport is "petnapped" by thieves. Being a German Sheppard/collie mix, Santa Paws is very smart. He's one of those dogs with a good sense of direction and a strong calling for home.

Both boys & girls will enjoy this heartwarming Christmas story, and it would even be good for a bedtime read-aloud.
Mykel X. Simmons
Oh the nostalgia...I read this in the 5th grade and cried my eyes out...
Stacy
Jan 19, 2016 Stacy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read it in one sitting. A cute kids story for the holidays. :)
Alex Moreno
obvious ending but very good
Ms.
Apr 19, 2009 Ms. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: grant-y
Santa paws has a great life. But one night, when he was in the car while the Callahans are at the mall, 2 adults kidnaps Santa paws, and they planned to sell it to a man for $50,000. Santa paws gets droven to places far far away from Oceanport. And he is a stray at New York city, departed from his family. Santa paws tries to find his way home, while the Oceanport police department are trying to locate Santa paws. Will Santa paws reunite with Greg? Or end up seperated from his family? You should ...more
Liam
Nov 24, 2012 Liam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Note to all. This is NOT the forth book in the series. It is the third book. Read this one first. I started reading "Santa Paws to the Rescue" thinking it was the third book. It started mentioning this book and I quickly changed to this book.

This is a great book. I enjoy reading these books every Christmas season. I hope you all like them too.
Kenzie R
Jan 26, 2010 Kenzie R rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book! It was amazing. It was cute funny, and definately caught my attention. I think it caught my attention the most though is b/c I love dogs, and this whole book is based on a dog story.
It's nice to read, but only if your a dog lover.
Kenziie,(;
Apr 05, 2010 Kenziie,(; rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book. It was cute, sad, suspenseful in some parts. I just plainly loved it. It was definitely one of the other best books I've ever read! And any dog lovers out there, I would seriously recommend reading it.
Chelsea C
Not a bad Santa paws book. Not the best but not the worst. Alright. I felt though that it did drag on a bit most during his travels. And I felt like the kitten was introduced kind of late. But I do enjoy this book.
Christina
I'm still reading this silly little book, because I have no other good books at home and no time or car to go to the library! It would be fun for a fourth grader!
Maggie
Jun 28, 2015 Maggie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: used-to-own
It was amazing. By the way, I think that kitten would have been cute. I'd feel sad too if my dog, Pepper, were stolen. Awesomeness. That's all.
Twyla
Feb 06, 2012 Twyla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: auryn-s-books
Katie White
just a book i used while not being able to find something i was looking for. It was ok
Kenzie (;
May 19, 2010 Kenzie (; rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is also a really good book, and would recommend anybody who is also a dog lover!
Kearstin
Nov 25, 2012 Kearstin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is so good! I recommend you read this, it is awesome.
Eunice lopez
Dec 03, 2012 Eunice lopez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Its funny interesting and i loved it and everyone should reas it
Kimberly
Aug 27, 2010 Kimberly rated it really liked it
this book is a good children book and it has a good meaning
Penny
Aug 09, 2013 Penny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute book, I would PROBABLY read it again.
A Jones
this book is not on reading counts list
Cecelia
Joanne
Joanne added it
Sep 22, 2016
Craig Wexler
Craig Wexler rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2016
Sam
Sam rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2016
  • Santa Paws On Christmas Island (Santa Paws)
  • The Mutt in the Iron Muzzle (Adventures of Wishbone, #7)
  • Acting Out (Vet Volunteers, #14)
  • Sheepdog in the Snow (Animal Ark: Holiday Special, #1)
  • The Prince and the Pooch
  • Vulpes the Red Fox
  • Freeze Frame (Phineas and Ferb Novelizations, #7)
  • It's a Dog's Life (McGrowl #2)
  • Child of the Wolves
  • Help! I'm Trapped in an Alien's Body
  • Jesus Calling Bible Storybook
  • Reach for the Stars (Fame School, #1)
  • The Lemming Condition
  • Mrs. Jeepers' Scariest Halloween Ever (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids Super Special, #7)
  • I've Seen Santa!
  • The Elephant's Tale (Animal Healer, #4)
  • The Case of the Sea World Adventure (The Adventures of Mary Kate and Ashley, #1)
  • The Dog Who Saved Christmas and Other True Animal Tales

Santa Paws (7 books)
  • Santa Paws (Santa Paws, #1)
  • Return Of Santa Paws (Santa Paws, #2)
  • Santa Paws To The Rescue (Santa Paws, #3)
  • Santa Paws, Our Hero (Santa Paws, #5)
  • Santa Paws and the New Puppy (Santa Paws, #6)
  • Santa Paws Saves The Day (Santa Paws, #7)