Milly-Molly-Mandy Stories

Milly-Molly-Mandy Stories

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  126 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Thirteen adventures with Millicent Margaret Amanda including those in which she spends a penny, goes blackberrying, and makes a cosy.
Published 2007 by Puffin (first published 1928)

To ask other readers questions about Milly-Molly-Mandy Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Milly-Molly-Mandy Stories

Onysha
A sentence on the cover of my copy says, "The nicest things happen to Milly-Molly-Mandy!"
I did not expect that to be literal.

Really, everything nice happens to her, and when anything has the slightest chance of possibly going wrong, it always ends up all right. From buying handkerchiefs to earning money to minding a shop for an absent adult, everything turns out all right. The only person who doesn't always get everything all right is poor Billy Blunt. He gives up most of his money for MMM to th...more
Christina
Originally published in 1928, this is a collection of simple stories of a little girl living in a small village. My mother read this book when she was little. I remember her reading it to me when I was little and I thought it was the most boring book ever. Nothing ever seemed to happen, and I liked Enid Blyton's Faraway Tree books much better.
Reading it as an adult, I found it refreshingly sweet and enjoyed the subtle historical details. I think as a child, there just wasn't enough conflict or...more
Helena Spiteri

The Adventures of Milly Molly Mandy is a story of little girl in a red and white striped dress who lives in a “nice white cottage with a thatched roof”. Her real name is Millicent Margaret Amanda, but she got her nickname because her full name is so long. She's an only child and lives with her doting family, including mum, dad, aunt, uncle and grandparents. Each chapter opens with ‘once upon a time’ and goes on to tell of her mini adventures in the village and countryside where she lives, often...more
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
MMM is a delightful little girl and this book is a charming account of all of her small but lovely adventures. If you are looking for a book that is a readable book for young children, that is about the little things that happen in ordinary life, that is gentle and kind-spirited, then this is the book for you. A 1001 CBYMRBYGU.
LIndsay
The copy I bought for my girls was like the others on the list which are cream and candy pink and beautifully illustrated. What can I say. I want to live in a world where people are kind and considerate I want to live in a utopic society where people are fair and honest and grateful for the little they have.

I want to live in Milly Moly Mandy land!!
Dawn
Daisee liked this book because all the stories were about Milly Molly Mandy but each chapter was a separate story. She liked the character of Milly Molly Mandy because she was naughty but she got the jobs her parents gave her finished. She liked making things for her parents.

This is the first complete chapter book Daisee has read by herself.
Amy
We read a few MMM books a few years back. Other than being annoyed at having to say MMM all the time, I enjoyed reading these and Bea loved the simple stories of her life in a simpler time.
Esther May
Millie Molly Mandy stories are super cute. They are simple and fun. My kids enjoyed reading about Millie Molly Mandy. I just wish her name were easier to say over and over again.
Amy
I read this when i was young i used to love this book so much, my copy is kinda tattered. Takes you back to a simpler time, when kids were kids, such sweet little stories.
Gypsyfly
Great book for kids and mamas...little bit like living in a perfect past. Milly Molly Mandy is so well behaved :)...a mama can dream.
Sidrah Syed
The book that got me into reading <3
Sophie
Loved it, a joy to rediscover
Joy Armstrong
Joy Armstrong marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Dave
Dave marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Elaine
Elaine marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Joanna
Joanna added it
Jul 28, 2014
Diane
Diane marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Zarlie
Zarlie marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Christina Packard
Christina Packard marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
The Milly-Molly-Mandy Storybook More Milly Molly Mandy The Adventures of Milly-Molly-Mandy Milly Molly Mandy Again Milly Molly Mandy

“But she went and fetched some marigolds from her own little garden, and put them in a vase on the chest of drawers, for she knew there was lots of room for love, even if there was not much for great-aunties.” 0 likes