Start by marking “Crime Files: Four-Minute Forensic Mysteries: Body of Evidence” as Want to Read:
Crime Files: Four-Minute Forensic Mysteries: Body of Evidence

Crime Files: Four-Minute Forensic Mysteries: Body of Evidence (Crime Files: Four-Minute Forensic Mysteries)

An updated version of Donold Sobol's TWO-MINUTE MYSTERIES, investigated by a CSI using modern forensic techniques rather than old-fashioned sleuthing.

Four-minute forensic mysteries are solved by a cast of quirky but lovable characters. Their wisecracking leader is CSI Wes Burton who carries his evidence-gathering tools with him to each crime scene and loves his work solvin
Published March 1st 2006 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Crime Files, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crime Files

Christian Singer
Apr 16, 2013 Christian Singer rated it liked it
Jeremy Brown's mini stories are a fun read. Anyone who watches CSI (Las Vegas) might see the something I saw. Burton reminded me of Gil Grissom, Gibson reminded me of Jim Brass, and Trellis reminded me of David Hodges. What killed the guy in the Dental Breakdown story surprised me and gave me pause, just something to keep in mind. My favorite was The Corporate Corpse. There were a few details that left me wondering who's really doing their research. How many shows have people crawling through ...more
Erika
Aug 30, 2012 Erika rated it liked it
I'm a forensics nut, and when my friend gave this to me I started in on the first case at once. Some of the cases were more difficult to figure out, but I was always able to figure out how the answer came about in the end, even if I had to go to the answers adn then look back at the case. The characters also reminded me strongly of characters from the first few seasons of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, especially the woman on the front. (She looks so much like Catherine Willows! I couldn't ...more
Hubert Su9
Aug 26, 2008 Hubert Su9 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: mystery lovers
This book contains 51 short mysteries, the answer to the mystery at the end of every story (by the way, this is a forensic mystery book) so those who hate bllod and all the other gross stuff ----KEEP OUT---

Characters:

CSI Wes Burton:
Burton is a witty,intelligent investigator who loves the ploberm-solving nature of crime scene investigation.His signature fly fisherman's vest,bristling with evidence-gathering tools, is a welcome sight at any crime scene.

Detective Erin Radley:
At six-foot-one, Radley
Savannah Stull
May 27, 2014 Savannah Stull rated it really liked it
Shelves: top-shelf
This book is fun, plain and simple.

When I don't have the time or the patience to sit down and read a full length novel I break out this dandy little book. These four minute mysteries keep me really entertained and the characters, despite the short length of the chapters, are well written and have their own defined parameters for their personalities.

One of my favorite chapters in this book is actually the first chapter. We're introduced to CSI Wes Burton, a walking crime scene kit, and Detective
Ryan
Oct 31, 2014 Ryan rated it it was ok
I did not like this book at all. This book had a lot of mystery in it but it was a lot of small mysteries dumb ones. The worst part about the book is they knew the answer right away and would make snappy jokes to tell the person that he or she is going to jail. I did not keep reading it I stopped half way through because I could not handle what it was like i didn't like it. This book was not gory did not have any real mystery because the people that did the crime would stay there and make up ...more
Liz
Jul 15, 2009 Liz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I bought this book in the fifth grade book fair. I have always been interested in murder and this helped plunge me further into the subject. Since I have become a nut for Law and Order, Ncis, Csi, Alfred Hitchcock, and documentaries on the subject. This is a clever little book which is really fun because you have to try and peace the puzzle together by yourself.

Delan
Oct 02, 2009 Delan rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: middle school students who like crime investigations
Shelves: mystery
A really good crime book. The author has a sharp insight of crime investigations. This book is not really like any other books. It's not like a story. It shows what the crime is then it shows how the detective solves it. The only bad thing about it that the author could add a little more details to how he solved it.
Mike Hector
Sep 26, 2013 Mike Hector rated it it was amazing
These are great stories for young readers! The characters are quirky and interesting and the solutions are surprising. Kids will love the ease of reading and grown ups can see the added value of cross curriculum information. Science, vocabulary, literature and critical thinking make this book a treasure trove.
Madeleine
Sep 30, 2009 Madeleine rated it really liked it
This book was very interesting.I would recomend it to people who like crime books.I would also recomend it to people who dont want to read a long,drawn out process to get to the good part of the story.
Jocelyn Renaud
Sep 03, 2013 Jocelyn Renaud rated it it was amazing
This is the story of Wes Burton and how he solves crimes with his forensic friends. One story is a mother told her daughter to hide in the woods so they could fake a kidnapping. How was she caught? No concerned mother calls the media before the police.
Johnny Bennett
Apr 30, 2013 Johnny Bennett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. The only real downside was that a book about the reader resolving murders needs to be factually accurate. There were a few stories that weren't quite researched enough. Still the stories were fun and enjoyable.
William
Jun 14, 2012 William rated it it was ok
I bought this to read something sort of like CSI. from what I remember, it was a blatant rip-off. it would be better to read one of the CSI books. however, if this is for your kid, they will enjoy it.
Sep 30, 2009 Laura rated it liked it
My nephew brought me this book as a gift because I told him before that I didn't like fake science shows. He assured me that this book is full of "real science" =) and so far I'm inclined to agree. It's a little bit of a brain tease, and I'm enjoying it.
Stefanie
Aug 25, 2013 Stefanie rated it really liked it
My son brought this home and I picked it up out of curiosity and couldn't put it down. It's a more scientific Encyclopedia Brown, for an older age group.
Kristin
Martin picked this out for a road trip. Reminded me of Sobol's Two Minute Mysteries that I loved so much. We both enjoyed trying to figure out whodunnit & how.
Dec 16, 2014 Jennifer rated it it was ok
The book was short senarios with the riddle solved throughout the book. I am more the full blown story of CSI where I love to dwell into the characters and the storyline.
Kaito
Apr 24, 2011 Kaito rated it it was amazing
Made my brain tingle and think. Everytime it ended a mystery, i had to stop, think, go back over the story, and try to find out what happened. I won half the time though. :)
Dwayne Keller
Dwayne Keller rated it really liked it
Dec 07, 2010
Seth Heronemus
Seth Heronemus rated it liked it
Oct 16, 2016
Nathan
Nathan rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2010
Aviv Newman
Aviv Newman rated it really liked it
May 04, 2015
Greta Sriviboon
Greta Sriviboon rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2016
Flynn
Flynn rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2016
Megan
Megan rated it it was ok
Apr 07, 2014
Brittany Bush
Brittany Bush rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2009
M KITCHINGS
M KITCHINGS rated it it was amazing
Nov 17, 2016
Bella
Bella rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2014
Mitchell
Mitchell rated it did not like it
Dec 04, 2014
Mic
Mic rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2015
Sarah A.
Sarah A. rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Still More Two-Minute Mysteries
  • Essential Shakespeare Handbook
  • Hide and Seek (Spy X, #2)
  • Search for the Shadowman
  • Ruthie's Gift
  • D-Day: The Invasion of Normandy, 1944 [The Young Readers Adaptation]
  • Deadly Waters (Mysteries in Our National Park, #4)
  • The Brave
  • Differentiating Instruction in the Regular Classroom: How to Reach and Teach All Learners, Grades 3-12
  • The American Heritage Dictionary
  • The Haunting Of Freddy (The Golden Hamster Saga, #4)
  • Bonanza Girl
  • Help! I'm Trapped in the First Day of Summer Camp
  • A Documentary History of the United States
  • Sniper
  • Chemistry: Getting a Big Reaction! (Basher Science)
  • Lords of Trillium
  • The Magic Paintbrush
Having a great book to read makes me happy, and I try to provide that for you.

I have written ten books across multiple genres, and my day job is writing lore and story arcs for a very popular video game. I used to write technical validation documents in the basement of a pharmaceutical company--novels and video games are much more fun.

My wife and I have a rescue dog who collects mud and two cats w
More about Jeremy Brown...

Crime Files: Four-Minute Forensic Mysteries (2 books)
  • Crime Files: Four-Minute Forensic Mysteries: Shadow Of Doubt